PDA

View Full Version : Pit Stop Questions

Tillj
27-05-2015, 09:18
Just a few questions - not sure if I anyone knows :

When you do a pit-stop do they change the tyres and add fuel simultaneously.
Also is there a tyre allocation limit, just thinking about multiplayer endurance racing.

P30 LMP1 car takes 73 litres, I seem to use around 4 litres per lap which roughly equates to 18 laps. I'm confident I can make the tyres last longer than the 18 laps. But if they do these simultaneously and there is no tyre allocation limit, fresher tyres would be welcome for more consistent top end lap times.

On a side note tyre changes arn't long so i should be able to make up the time on fresh tyres.

JDFSSS
27-05-2015, 09:31
Just a few questions - not sure if I anyone knows :

When you do a pit-stop do they change the tyres and add fuel simultaneously.
Also is there a tyre allocation limit, just thinking about multiplayer endurance racing.

P30 LMP1 car takes 73 litres, I seem to use around 4 litres per lap which roughly equates to 18 laps. I'm confident I can make the tyres last longer than the 18 laps. But if they do these simultaneously and there is no tyre allocation limit, fresher tyres would be welcome for more consistent top end lap times.

On a side note tyre changes arn't long so i should be able to make up the time on fresh tyres.

Tire changes and refueling are not done simultaneously. You will have to wait for refueling to finish before your pit crew begins to change your tires.

Tire wear doesn't work correctly, so you don't need to change your tires often if at all.

Tillj
27-05-2015, 11:02
Thanks for the confirmation

Doug914
27-05-2015, 11:04
Most of the Slick based cars have now had the wear tweaked so that most of a soft compound tire is used up in a fuel load. There should be some noticable performance degradation near the end of a fuel load so even though not entirely worn out, it will need to be changed. Some of the race cars with only one compound available will go longer, but not enough for a double stint. This will all be in a future patch. Not sure when or which one yet.

Tillj
27-05-2015, 11:51
Most of the Slick based cars have now had the wear tweaked so that most of a soft compound tire is used up in a fuel load. There should be some noticable performance degradation near the end of a fuel load so even though not entirely worn out, it will need to be changed. Some of the race cars with only one compound available will go longer, but not enough for a double stint. This will all be in a future patch. Not sure when or which one yet.

Thanks for the heads up, havn't yet been able to run more than 36 laps. Been doing 20 at the most without fuel on.

F1Aussie
28-05-2015, 08:47

Are there any plans to have visual tyre wear? I have not noticed this in game or seen it mwntioned anywhere.

Scott1904
28-05-2015, 09:04
How i can choose quick my next tyre type during the race? In singleplayer its ok but online i cant pause the game during the bitstop to setup quickly.