PDA

View Full Version : gt6 ps3-4 question

DragonSyr
27-05-2015, 09:26
I would like to know if the gran Turismo 6 is a realistic simulator .At least if is closer to reality as possible.

im not a owner of any console , just Pc user

thanks

Franco Ferrari
27-05-2015, 09:29
At least if is closer to reality as possible.

Closer, compared to what?

DragonSyr
27-05-2015, 09:30
to reality (real life physics of the cars)

FA RACING 01
27-05-2015, 09:32
In terms of my observations/experience with it, it's definitely no SIM, well at least not to the level of PCars. For instance, you can tune the basics on all cars in GT6 and get a nice drivable car whereas in PCars each car is different and requires very car specific settings.

DragonSyr
27-05-2015, 09:41
I will not compare with the pcars.
nor if cars have the characteristics of real life cars.
The physics of tire in relation to the speed and the road surface have something to do with reality?
i dont know how can i express it .......my english is not so good

Lars Rosenquist
27-05-2015, 09:53
GT6 ís a sim, there should not be any debate about this (just as there shouldn't for PCARS). Wether it's good/realistic on all fronts: nope. FWD physics are completely borked and most of the tuning values are virtual numbers rather than real life numbers (so you can't apply real world tuning to GT6). The game also suffers from quantity over quality. Also, the focus is more on the cars (and it's used as a marketing vehicle via the VGT program) and sampling car culture/disciplines than on actual racing.

DragonSyr
27-05-2015, 10:02
i m curious only for physics, (i cant understand the meaning of borked.....sorry about that but there is no translation in my language available.... i told that my english is not so good :) )
hence if the values were real then the responses it would be closer to reality?

Lars Rosenquist
27-05-2015, 10:30
Sorry for using slang. :P Borked=messed up. ;)

Franco Ferrari
27-05-2015, 10:32
i cant understand the meaning of borked

Borked... as crooked, distorted.

Franco Ferrari
27-05-2015, 10:38
My 2 cents: the GT franchise is the ideal software for car fetishists.

Whoever seriously thinks that anyone would take a basic Honda Fit or a Mazda Demio, change rims, add a rear wing and race the 'Ring with it and enjoying it.... must have suffered serious brain damage at a young age.
Also, if anyone seriously think that they accurately modeled the physics to replicate a perfect Honda Fit behavior... is a bit borked in the head as well.

JessicaWalter
27-05-2015, 10:38
i feel like in gt (and forza as well) the goal is more the "bullying" of other cars by buying parts to add and overpower the competition, as opposed to the actual sportsmanship and skill of outdriving your opponent. just my opinion.

DragonSyr
27-05-2015, 10:45
thanks you both for the translation . i have now one more word in my vocabulary :)

so conclusion....

it is a sim but not quite right as for the values....

thank you all guys !

I hope found you some time online for a fair clean race. :)

i drive without assists, incar. the only thing i have on is the clutch (due to hardware matter because i have 2 padals only .... logitech driving force GT)

Pink_650S
27-05-2015, 11:09
I always looked at Gran Turismo as a car collecting game.
Spent most of my 1500 GT5 hours on buying, tweaking and taking them online for a ride. Racing was a lot of fun too and the track variety was there as well, but the physics were dumbed down a lot it felt.
You wouldnt believe how fast you can go in a 1000 hp Toyota GT-One ;)

I consider Gran Turismo 5 as my favorite racing game of all time.

FA RACING 01
27-05-2015, 11:53
most of the tuning values are virtual numbers rather than real life numbers (so you can't apply real world tuning to GT6). The game also suffers from quantity over quality. Also, the focus is more on the cars (and it's used as a marketing vehicle via the VGT program) and sampling car culture/disciplines than on actual racing.

Can agree with that, but I never experienced it as a SIM. For me a SIM should give a realistic imitation of an actual car's operation in real life and should represent the key characteristics and behaviour of it. The virtual tuning numbers, physics, disciplines and a few other characteristics of GT 6 never let me experienced that, well not even close to PCars anyway.

Ryno917
27-05-2015, 13:35
Simply put, GT is a decent driving simulator. Not the most realistic, for sure, but it does an OK job.

Where it absolutely, 100% fails is at being a racing simulator. What passes for a race in GT is a small field of near-completely unrelated vehicles, where the winner is simply the one who modified their car more.

As mentioned, GT focusses on quantity over quality, and that's only one of its many significant flaws (not a bug, a game design choice).

apexatspeed
27-05-2015, 18:04
It seems like people are comparing it's physics to PC games. Before May, in the United States GT6 or Forza 5 was the best car sim you could get on a console (Playstation and Xbox respectively). I have a ridiculous number of hours in GT3, GT5, and GT6. They are still working on improving the physics in the GT series. We will see what they come up with when they get a game on an actual current generation console. It isn't terribly unrealistic and clearly it can teach you how to drive a car on track with proper braking, turning in, and corner exit.

dustyjo
27-05-2015, 22:01
It's a simulator. It simulates a world where all cars feel exactly the same and sound like vacuum cleaners.

Protip: Never post a joke on the internet or everyone will hate you forever.

FA RACING 01
27-05-2015, 22:11
Simply put, GT is a decent driving simulator. Not the most realistic, for sure, but it does an OK job.

Where it absolutely, 100% fails is at being a racing simulator. What passes for a race in GT is a small field of near-completely unrelated vehicles, where the winner is simply the one who modified their car more.

As mentioned, GT focusses on quantity over quality, and that's only one of its many significant flaws (not a bug, a game design choice).

Still exactly why I dont see it as a SIM.

FA RACING 01
27-05-2015, 22:12
It's a simulator. It simulates a world where all cars feel exactly the same and sound like vacuum cleaners.

Ok, now I do understand why it's a SIM.

JessicaWalter
27-05-2015, 22:25
well essentially all games simulate a world. if we start getting into semantics, tho, we'll be here 'til PHOVERCARS is realistic

apexatspeed
27-05-2015, 22:27

Which Gran Turismo games have you played? You simply just made up that all cars feel the same.

DragonSyr
27-05-2015, 23:16

that is not true, i dont have a console , but i have seen the game.... it's very decent for the first sight.. no sounds like vacuums and the cars definitely not the same at all..

i play with cars sims for years and my opinion is that is not unworthy .Thats why i wanted to know for the physics of this game....

JessicaWalter
27-05-2015, 23:19
the physics of this game are on point. everything just "feels" better.

disclaimer: im a layman

Pink_650S
28-05-2015, 06:01

Its not that bad... :p

GT_Racing
28-05-2015, 20:35

You sound like a hater who has never even played the game. Go sit down somewhere. There is no way you can actually play the game and think that any two cars drive exactly the same. Even the cars that are similar with the only differences being an engine change drive completely different. You are a fool or a liar. Either way you seem petty.

FA RACING 01
28-05-2015, 21:36
You sound like a hater who has never even played the game. Go sit down somewhere. There is no way you can actually play the game and think that any two cars drive exactly the same. Even the cars that are similar with the only differences being an engine change drive completely different. You are a fool or a liar. Either way you seem petty.

Like Jessica said, the point in debate is whether it's a sim or not and not if it's a nice game. I played GT3, GT4, GT5 and GT6 and still think they're great games no doubt. Miss the 24h endurance in GT4 and GT5 (A-Spec) the most. However, my argument was that I did not experience it as a sim (re. question asked by the OP). But that takes nothing away from how great those games were.

apexatspeed
28-05-2015, 22:16
Like Jessica said, the point in debate is whether it's a sim or not and not if it's a nice game. I played GT3, GT4, GT5 and GT6 and still think they're great games no doubt. Miss the 24h endurance in GT4 and GT5 (A-Spec) the most. However, my argument was that I did not experience it as a sim (re. question asked by the OP). But that takes nothing away from how great those games were.

We are all responding to dustyjo saying all the cars drive, feel, and sound the same in GT games. Which is 100% a lie.

FA RACING 01
28-05-2015, 22:27
We are all responding to dustyjo saying all the cars drive, feel, and sound the same in GT games. Which is 100% a lie.

Sorry mate, misunderstood that. Think if dustyjo got gold in Vettel's Red Bull challenge on GT5 he will change his mind.

dustyjo
29-05-2015, 06:26
Oh my god can I not make a joke without a bunch of people lashing out at me? Why do I even post on forums anymore?

TenthDan
29-05-2015, 06:59
Oh my god can I not make a joke without a bunch of people lashing out at me? Why do I even post on forums anymore?

A /jk or a :p can go a long way on the internet ;)

dustyjo
29-05-2015, 07:36
True.

Anyway I think GT is really stale. I hope GT7 can mix things up a bit. And maybe bring back the GT5 B-Spec system because I thought that was cool.

Pink_650S
29-05-2015, 07:44
Sorry mate, misunderstood that. Think if dustyjo got gold in Vettel's Red Bull challenge on GT5 he will change his mind.

Arrrghh! You just brought back some frustrating memories! :miserable:
Never managed to get gold on the Nürburgring :(

FA RACING 01
29-05-2015, 07:52
Arrrghh! You just brought back some frustrating memories! :miserable:
Never managed to get gold on the Nürburgring :(

LOL. Neither did I, only got gold on Monza and think the other one was Suzuka. My then 15 year old son did the Nurburgring one for me, and that still hurts.

FA RACING 01
29-05-2015, 07:56
True.

Anyway I think GT is really stale. I hope GT7 can mix things up a bit. And maybe bring back the GT5 B-Spec system because I thought that was cool.

Loved the A/B-Spec too, but more the combined one as with GT4 where you could change to any of them within the race, like the 24H Nords. endurance.

Pink_650S
29-05-2015, 08:23
LOL. Neither did I, only got gold on Monza and think the other one was Suzuka. My then 15 year old son did the Nurburgring one for me, and that still hurts.

Yea, Monza was pretty easy because of the corner cutting :b

apexatspeed
29-05-2015, 18:14
Loved the A/B-Spec too, but more the combined one as with GT4 where you could change to any of them within the race, like the 24H Nords. endurance.

Did you know they added B Spec to GT6? You can use B Spec in any race in GT6 now. It is a horribly dumbed down version of the one from GT5. The GT5 version is superior in every way.

marvin1959
30-05-2015, 17:31
My opinion on Gran Turismo 6:

Gran Turismo 6 may or may not be realistic, but the fact is that Gran Turismo 6 have the GT Academy, where gamers who are fast enough, get a chance to become race car drivers in real life.

As far as I know, Project Cars does NOT have such a feature. (Yet anyway).

Another fact is that Gran Turismo 6 is so much more user friendly.

I have played GT6 for over 280 hours, won 289 out of 920 races, and reached the top license level, but I still find races in certain classes on certain tracks very difficult to win or even get to the podium. That is a challenge - sim or not.

Also the online part. with the open rooms, and the quick match races are great. It's one of the best parts of GT6.

I have the T500RS wheel with the F1 add on, so I can relate to all the problems re. Project Cars on PS4 with that wheel.

Also, on GT6 every setting is either logic or explained in a proper way.

NOT SO on Project Cars on PS4.

There are too many settings, that are not explained anywhere.

As a gamer I don't want to spend hours or even days reading forum posts to maybe find a setting that may or may nort remove the problems with my wheel on PS4.

I want to RACE more and READ less.

Untill the worst problems re. Project Cars on PS4 with the T500RS wheel have been solved, I'll prefer to play GT6 on PS3.

After all there is a reason why I have stayed away from games like Iracing.

They are too complicated i.e. takes too much time away from the actual racing and make people spend too much time on settings etc.

Just my 2 cent.

See my GT6 videos here: (http://www.kartingvideos.com)

Marvin

IgorTheHunchback
02-06-2015, 20:47
I've never thought of gran Turismo as anything other than an arcade racer it's a fun game but still just an arcade racer.

apexatspeed
03-06-2015, 03:02
I've never thought of gran Turismo as anything other than an arcade racer it's a fun game but still just an arcade racer.

You are grossly under estimating it. It isn't perfect, but it is above what you are calling it.

FA RACING 01
03-06-2015, 07:12
You are grossly under estimating it. It isn't perfect, but it is above what you are calling it.

I would rather not compare the two games, save to say that PCars is currently my favourite racing game, but in no way can I agree that GT is just a lame arcade. Just like Forza, GT have many attributes I like and still very much miss.

@apexatspeed - Just curious, is B spec in GT6 still separate from A spec as in GT5 or is it more like GT4 where it was a choice anytime during a race ?

Robbo-92
03-06-2015, 10:41
I really enjoy Gran Turismo, still regularly play GT6 while I await confirmation of Project CARS future on Wii U.

Has anybody else done the GT6 academy this year? I wasn't really interested as I'm far from the fastest but do it just to get the extra money. I'm now on the final part after getting gold on parts 2/3 this morning and finding the Nissan GTR Lismo LMP1 2015 car weird to drive, it has loads of understeer (as to be expected from a FWD, front engined car) and just seems odd. I hope the car isn't actually an accurate representation of the real car or the drivers will be in for a long day (if the car makes 24 hours that is). I've only put a few laps in, struggling to get a clean lap as it just seems to understeer off at every slow corner.

Edit, now I've actually put a clean lap in I've done a 3:38.050, currently 550th in my region, a lot lower in the world rankings! How some people have posted a mid 3:25 is beyond me.

Edit 2, now gold with a 3:36.985. Doubt I'll improve much on that.

apexatspeed
03-06-2015, 17:14
I would rather not compare the two games, save to say that PCars is currently my favourite racing game, but in no way can I agree that GT is just a lame arcade. Just like Forza, GT have many attributes I like and still very much miss.

@apexatspeed - Just curious, is B spec in GT6 still separate from A spec as in GT5 or is it more like GT4 where it was a choice anytime during a race ?

It is slightly different than both. You can choose to start it at the beginning of every race. They can not take over for you mid race. They also don't have driver development and things like that from GT5. I guess it is closer to GT4 than GT5.

apexatspeed
03-06-2015, 17:15
I really enjoy Gran Turismo, still regularly play GT6 while I await confirmation of Project CARS future on Wii U.

Has anybody else done the GT6 academy this year? I wasn't really interested as I'm far from the fastest but do it just to get the extra money. I'm now on the final part after getting gold on parts 2/3 this morning and finding the Nissan GTR Lismo LMP1 2015 car weird to drive, it has loads of understeer (as to be expected from a FWD, front engined car) and just seems odd. I hope the car isn't actually an accurate representation of the real car or the drivers will be in for a long day (if the car makes 24 hours that is). I've only put a few laps in, struggling to get a clean lap as it just seems to understeer off at every slow corner.

Edit, now I've actually put a clean lap in I've done a 3:38.050, currently 550th in my region, a lot lower in the world rankings! How some people have posted a mid 3:25 is beyond me.

Edit 2, now gold with a 3:36.985. Doubt I'll improve much on that.

The car is actually faster in the game than the 24LM testing times. We will see if Nissan improves a lot when qualifying comes around.

Robbo-92
03-06-2015, 19:05
Did improve quite a lot actually, down to a 3:32.502, really struggling to improve on that now, think if I get a perfect lap I can shave another 1second off, it's just finding the perfect lap :(

Pink_650S
06-06-2015, 01:16
Ahh memories! Loved the B-Spec driver development in GT5. :)
Spent hours upon hours finding cool names, ended up with stuff like H. Simpson, J. Lopez, B. Spears etc. Pretty funny :D

mister dog
10-06-2015, 19:35
Bit significant to me that the GT thread only counts 3 pages so far, whilst everyone is discussing FM and AC as being the competition of Project Cars.

I guess a big percentage of the forum members here started out on GT like myself, but don't play it anymore due to it's lack of progress in the last decade, coupled with the weird design decisions of PD and their trademark lack of communication.

Over at GTP people are still hoping for that course creator for example, game has been out for a year and a half...

apexatspeed
10-06-2015, 20:08
Bit significant to me that the GT thread only counts 3 pages so far, whilst everyone is discussing FM and AC as being the competition of Project Cars.

I guess a big percentage of the forum members here started out on GT like myself, but don't play it anymore due to it's lack of progress in the last decade, coupled with the weird design decisions of PD and their trademark lack of communication.

Over at GTP people are still hoping for that course creator for example, game has been out for a year and a half...

I started out on GT a long while back and played GT6 up until I bought Project Cars. The thing that grinds my gears the most is Polyphony Digital keeps adding concept cars to the game, but isn't even trying to add real cars. That on top of promised features like the track editor not making it to the game have really made me angry. But I'll probably buy GT7 anyway, because I need it haha.

Pink_650S
10-06-2015, 20:09
Well, l thought GT5 was amazing :)

FA RACING 01
10-06-2015, 20:14
Well, l thought GT5 was amazing :)

So did I and still does.Carries my racing roots.

Pink_650S
10-06-2015, 20:45
Yeah, to me it was a revelation.
I always liked the silly "career mode" of the GT games, starting out with an MX5, Civic or other little cars, and making my way up to the LMP :) And then these crazy expensive Legendary cars, so you always had something to work towards.
As l stated before, it was more of a car collecting, trading and online track day game to me, than it was this "real driving simulator". I know it is for some, but now with Project Cars l see simulators with different eyes, :rolleyes: