PDA

View Full Version : Final Classification Glitch

evanzo7
27-05-2015, 09:39
On a few occasions recently I have come across an issue online where the game does not classify you where you actually finished.
I have two examples, one which benefited me and one which never.

In this video I had a close battle and you will see I clearly was ahead at the line but the game classifies me as second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56LJeFBiI5Y&feature=youtu.be

Now in this video if you go to 15mins you will see that I was 3rd in the race, close behind 2nd and that is how we crossed the line but when you look at the classifications at the end it has me as 2nd and him as 3rd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJzdAqYOCI0

It is a real bizarre glitch and one that is very annoying, especially if you are doing league races.

It has happened on more than these two occasions but this is the only video evidence I have!
Hopefully this can be looked into.

evanzo7
04-06-2015, 12:20
Nobody with similar issues at all?

Fre.Mo
04-06-2015, 12:39
yes I have experienced the same issue. Really raging, but it will be corrected...

Elmo
04-06-2015, 12:45
Thanks for the report, I'll add it to the list.

evanzo7
04-06-2015, 13:07
Thanks for the report, I'll add it to the list.

Cheers!
Hope it gets sorted, a little frustrating when your online and this happens!

MadManMarcus
04-06-2015, 13:44
This has happened to me. Online race using GT3s at Spa - I crossed the line first about two seconds in front of the person behind me but was placed second. I checked the replay and found that the second place driver had not been recorded on the save (another known issue). Perhaps all part of the same bug?....

batman21685
04-06-2015, 14:56
Happened a couple of times but both times the game fixed it tin the final standings

madmax2069
09-08-2015, 07:31
I can add to the video collection, online race, finished first but came in second

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTLJOXAhZc0

ChrisK
09-08-2015, 09:43
Happens regularly

Sproket
09-08-2015, 10:00
Same thing happened to Pink and I at Silverstone GT3. I was ever so slightly ahead crossing the line, but classification showed her in front by 2 tenths. I didn't read this issue in release notes. Just thought it was a lag bubble.

evanzo7
09-08-2015, 14:39
Hasn't happened to me recently but it is annoying to see it still happening to others!

Dnns84
06-01-2017, 00:04
yes I have experienced the same issue. Really raging, but it will be corrected...

1.5 years later and this bug is still not fixed. Happened to me today, I was clearly in 3rd, less than a car length behind 2nd, and it classified me as 2nd. We've had this problem multiple times during our indycar season, really annoying, but we're all honest in our league, but if you do have a really close finish, you just can't trust the end classification and the replays are also almost always flawed.

A reliable end classification seems pretty essential to me when it comes to competitive multiplayer. This issue has been known since pretty much day 1 and nothing has been done about it (at least not with any result).