PDA

View Full Version : Setups for the Formula A. Must have setups!

Pages : [1] 2

Jack van Hees
27-05-2015, 09:55
Hi all,

Been scrolling true the threads, and I see allot of problems with setting up a FA car. At thirst I thought, nah, not gonna share. But then again, why not?! I will be posting me setups here, when I have one ready again. Takes allot of time to create a good setup.

Follow my youtube channel as well. I will be posting vids of how things work, driving lines, breaking points, etc. And of course, World Records.

Add me on the PS4 if you wanna join my practice lobby's that I host every day. And follow my Twitch stream, to see me driving, and also there you can shoot questions at me. No problem!

Just uploaded a couple of setups on to my youtube channel. Check it out!

Youtube: Jack van Hees
Twitter: @JackvHees
PSN: JackvHees
Google+: Jack van Hees
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/jackvanhees

Here's the first one. This one is for Monza. I did 1:20:1 with it. Didn't attack the WR yet, because there's still a bit work on the setup, like tyre pressure.

Jack van Hees
27-05-2015, 09:58
Here's my Brno setup. Did the WR with it.

Jack van Hees
27-05-2015, 10:02
My Brands Hatch setup. Gave me another WR.

Jack van Hees
27-05-2015, 10:06
My setup for Road America, also a WR one.

FA RACING 01
27-05-2015, 10:06
Here's my Brno setup. Did the WR with it.

Jack, seems like your link attachment is not working.

Jack van Hees
27-05-2015, 10:08
Jack, seems like your link attachment is not working. this one is for Brno.

TrevorAustin
27-05-2015, 10:13
Some impressive times! And thank you for the efforts.

But..... The settings from the screens you have posted are simple enough, but there are, I think, loads more settings than that. Unless my memory is playing me up:) Or is that all setup settings in one screen? Just never seen them like that maybe.

hkraft300
27-05-2015, 10:17

But..... The settings from the screens you have posted are simple enough, but there are, I think, loads more settings than that. Unless my memory is playing me up:) Or is that all setup settings in one screen? Just never seen them like that maybe.

The diff and gearbox pages aren't included in that summary. He can't give away ALL his secrets now! ;)

Well done on the record times. I'm surprised at how tight your springs are for Monza. I might try the same.

EDIT: NVI0U5 has competition I see ;)

Jack van Hees
27-05-2015, 10:17

I guess your correct. The only thing missing is the grearbox. Other options I keep standard. And the gearbox shouldn't be to hard. Just don't make first and second gear to short, because you will spin off! ;)

Jack van Hees
27-05-2015, 10:22
Thanks! The lap records are one my youtube channel. Perhaps it helps to see my driving lines, and breaking points. Youtube: Jack van Hees

TheLethalDose
27-05-2015, 10:34
Intradesting...

You would probably get a fair bit of interest if you posted setups for each round of the SMS championship too I'd think...hint hint ;)

TrevorAustin
27-05-2015, 10:42
I guess your correct. The only thing missing is the grearbox. Other options I keep standard. And the gearbox shouldn't be to hard. Just don't make first and second gear to short, because you will spin off! ;)

Come on give up all your secrets:) I spin off on standard tune, lol. And I'm sure you'll still be 2 or 3 seconds quicker than me anyway. I was delighted to get into the 1:25s last couple of days and I only race at Monza and Le mans, lol.

Jack van Hees
27-05-2015, 10:56
I'm at twitch now. Join in and ask. I show it to you.

TrevorAustin
27-05-2015, 11:29

I'm afraid work gets in the way of fun like that:(

TrevorAustin
27-05-2015, 11:29

Also, that sounds erm..... Do I need a condom, hahaha

JeyD02
27-05-2015, 12:14
Nice to see ppl sharing.

Jack van Hees
27-05-2015, 12:23
I'm afraid work gets in the way of fun like that:(

Well, perhaps later then. http://www.twitch.tv/jackvanhees

Jack van Hees
27-05-2015, 12:24
Also, that sounds erm..... Do I need a condom, hahaha

Hahaha! No, you don't have to bend forward.

DisagioAbbestia
27-05-2015, 12:40
What about Spa?
I'm trying to break the 1.49 wall (controller)

Jack van Hees
27-05-2015, 13:14
What about Spa?
I'm trying to break the 1.49 wall (controller)

Still working on Spa mate. I'm uploading the totall setups on to youtube now. Youtube: Jack van Hees, Setups

TrevorAustin
27-05-2015, 19:53
Hi all,

Been scrolling true the threads, and I see allot of problems with setting up a FA car. At thirst I thought, nah, not gonna share. But then again, why not?! I will be posting me setups here, when I have one ready again. Takes allot of time to create a good setup.

Follow my youtube channel as well. I will be posting vids of how things work, driving lines, breaking points, etc. And of course, World Records.

Add me on the PS4 if you wanna join my practice lobby's that I host every day. And follow my Twitch stream, to see me driving, and also there you can shoot questions at me. No problem!

Just uploaded a couple of setups on to my youtube channel. Check it out!

Twitter: @JackvHees
PSN: JackvHees
Google+: Jack van Hees

Here's the first one. This one is for Monza. I did 1:20:1 with it. Didn't attack the WR yet, because there's still a bit work on the setup, like tyre pressure.
You've seriously done a 1:20 with this? I can barely get round a lap, if I breathe in the wrong place it spins:) I sort of don't see how it can't with some of the settings, but I'm clearly never going to be a time trial record beater, lol.

Think I'll go back to what I had and at least have some fun with it. Have to watch some of your vids and see how you do it though. I doubt I could do a 1:40 with this setup.

Jack van Hees
27-05-2015, 20:20
You've seriously done a 1:20 with this? I can barely get round a lap, if I breathe in the wrong place it spins:) I sort of don't see how it can't with some of the settings, but I'm clearly never going to be a time trial record beater, lol.

Think I'll go back to what I had and at least have some fun with it. Have to watch some of your vids and see how you do it though. I doubt I could do a 1:40 with this setup.

Lol! Yeah, I did 1:20:1 with it. But it isn't like putting a setup on a car and you go fast. That would be to easy. Practice makes perfect.

Machinist90
27-05-2015, 21:03
if you have a nice one for monaco that would be nice,driving a lap without shitting my pants would be a nice start

Jack van Hees
27-05-2015, 21:47
if you have a nice one for monaco that would be nice,driving a lap without shitting my pants would be a nice start

Hahaha! I'm still working on that one. Follow my youtube channel, and it will pop up in the coming days. Youtube: Jack van Hees. Subscribe, and you will get posted about new things on there. Thanks!

FACT0RY PIL0T
27-05-2015, 21:51
WR on what platform? Also under what gamer tag?

Jack van Hees
27-05-2015, 21:56
WR on what platform? Also under what gamer tag?

Ps4, Name JackvHees. Watkins Glen, Brno, Road America, and Brands Hatch.

FACT0RY PIL0T
27-05-2015, 22:53
You should put your lap time under your photos as some guys wont know what you did for time that are on xbox or PC

DisagioAbbestia
27-05-2015, 23:13
I love your settings Jack, I'm using them in all the tracks i know better (I beat my own best lap on Imola in 10 laps)
I'm trying to improve my laptime on SPA (my obsession), I feel faster with your setup but I spin out everytime I push hard on the accelerator in the 2nd gear during a turn. I can't fix this and I don't know how.

(I have to fix my english as well)

Jack van Hees
27-05-2015, 23:57
You should put your lap time under your photos as some guys wont know what you did for time that are on xbox or PC

People who know me, know wat there getting. I'm just posting my setups on my youtube channel. So for those who need setups, Youtube: Jack van Hees, setups. http://www.twitch.tv/jackvanhees there you can chat with me about setting up a car, driving lines etc.

Jack van Hees
27-05-2015, 23:59
I love your settings Jack, I'm using them in all the tracks i know better (I beat my own best lap on Imola in 10 laps)
I'm trying to improve my laptime on SPA (my obsession), I feel faster with your setup but I spin out everytime I push hard on the accelerator in the 2nd gear during a turn. I can't fix this and I don't know how.

Good to read mate! Very good! Glad it helps you. Still working on perfecting the Spa set-up. Feel free to add me on psn. I host practice lobby's everyday. http://www.twitch.tv/jackvanhees

hkraft300
28-05-2015, 00:48
An

Try making 2nd gear a click or 2 longer. Otherwise just go easy with it. I prefer a short 2nd for the final chicane and hairpin and everywhere else use 3rd

Jack van Hees
28-05-2015, 01:03
An

Try making 2nd gear a click or 2 longer. Otherwise just go easy with it. I prefer a short 2nd for the final chicane and hairpin and everywhere else use 3rd

It's wat HKraft says. Perhaps make "second" a click or two longer, or be a bit more gentle with the throttle. Second chicane at Monza I always take in third gear.

madmax2069
28-05-2015, 01:08
With his Monza tune I went from a 1:30 with a default tune to a 1:24:816 with Jacks tune (and this is with a controller, and no corner cutting, and no assists).

FACT0RY PIL0T
28-05-2015, 01:11
People who know me, know wat there getting. I'm just posting my setups on my youtube channel. So for those who need setups, Youtube: Jack van Hees, setups. http://www.twitch.tv/jackvanhees there you can chat with me about setting up a car, driving lines etc.Ah no worries, just thought it would be nice for comparison between platforms is all. And you can see the PC boards here http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=4241994684&vehicle=1909945073

thevilleky
28-05-2015, 01:13
I did ra. Was faster with one of your tunes with higher down force then your ra tune. Also I can't seem to match up the braking. R u running no anti lock or anti lock. Also do u use tcz? The tune feels great, and I ran a 1:41 at ra, but i'm 5 seconds behind. Could conceivably drop maybe 2 seconds after watching some of the entry speeds you attack some of the corners, but no way i'm dropping 5 seconds off my time.

Jack van Hees
28-05-2015, 01:56
I did ra. Was faster with one of your tunes with higher down force then your ra tune. Also I can't seem to match up the braking. R u running no anti lock or anti lock. Also do u use tcz? The tune feels great, and I ran a 1:41 at ra, but i'm 5 seconds behind. Could conceivably drop maybe 2 seconds after watching some of the entry speeds you attack some of the corners, but no way i'm dropping 5 seconds off my time.

I'm driving with all assists off, and the Thrustmaster t300. Think there is the difference in "feel". Great the setups help you improve your laptimes. Please subscribe to my Youtube channel: Jack van Hees

Jack van Hees
28-05-2015, 01:59
With his Monza tune I went from a 1:30 with a default tune to a 1:24:816 with Jacks tune (and this is with a controller, and no corner cutting).

Great to read this Max! And I've seen you improve. Your doing just great! Keep it up!

Add me, and enjoy a good private lobby, with great drivers who drive with respect! http://www.twitch.tv/jackvanhees Youtube: Jack van Hees

TheLethalDose
28-05-2015, 07:34
Great setups, Improved by half a second on Monza GP with less effort than my PB which got me to #1 on the leaderboard.

I'm confident this setup can achieve 1.19.xxx's on this track.

Jack van Hees
28-05-2015, 08:48
Great setups, Improved by half a second on Monza GP with less effort than my PB which got me to #1 on the leaderboard.

I'm confident this setup can achieve 1.19.xxx's on this track.

Great to hear TheLethalDose. I'm thinking that to. In practice I did 1:20:1. If your lap is perfect, I guess 1:19:5.

FACT0RY PIL0T
28-05-2015, 10:58
Great to hear TheLethalDose. I'm thinking that to. In practice I did 1:20:1. If your lap is perfect, I guess 1:19:5.Pretty sure a 1:18.xxx is achievable, after I tweak my setup a bit. https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/t31.0-8/11269757_977779828901646_2372372189431953728_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Jack van Hees
28-05-2015, 11:24
Pretty sure a 1:18.xxx is achievable, after I tweak my setup a bit. https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/t31.0-8/11269757_977779828901646_2372372189431953728_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Great job! Nice!

thevilleky
28-05-2015, 11:30
I'm using the 458 spider so no ffb. A little worried about trying no anti lock brakes since there is no brake pedal feel, and no traction control, but I got to running that way in forza 2 and 3 with the MS ffb. Regular brakes can stop you faster in a shorter distance from what I understand, but of course you can lock them up to, so I'll have to try and figure that out. Thanks for sharing the tunes. Like people keep posting all over the message boards, a good tune isn't going to make you hella fast, you gotta practice, practice, practice, but at least it makes the car usually more stable and fun to drive.

Jack van Hees
28-05-2015, 12:05
I'm using the 458 spider so no ffb. A little worried about trying no anti lock brakes since there is no brake pedal feel, and no traction control, but I got to running that way in forza 2 and 3 with the MS ffb. Regular brakes can stop you faster in a shorter distance from what I understand, but of course you can lock them up to, so I'll have to try and figure that out. Thanks for sharing the tunes. Like people keep posting all over the message boards, a good tune isn't going to make you hella fast, you gotta practice, practice, practice, but at least it makes the car usually more stable and fun to drive.

Your welcome! Just keep practicing without assist. In the end you will getbthe feeling for it. Practice makes perfect. I've seen people post fast laps here, even records, but no setups. A shame! This thread is for sharing setups. Some say I must put my laptimes with the setups in a post. But I see people only showboating. Sad! I don't mind sharing, because in the end it's great wen everybody can go fast. Lap record come after a good setup. Follow my youtube channel. I'm working on Monaco now. Load it up after I'm done.

FACT0RY PIL0T
28-05-2015, 12:16
Your welcome! Just keep practicing without assist. In the end you will getbthe feeling for it. Practice makes perfect. I've seen people post fast laps here, even records, but no setups. A shame! This thread is for sharing setups. Some say I must put my laptimes with the setups in a post. But I see people only showboating. Sad! I don't mind sharing, because in the end it's great wen everybody can go fast. Lap record come after a good setup. Follow my youtube channel. I'm working on Monaco now. Load it up after I'm done.

Youtube: Jack van HeesAhh not showboating im not the fastest out there someone will always be quicker than me. I just posted that lap picture as a refrence, and the only picture ive seen of your times is from practice sessions not TT, which TT seems to be slower so thats why I asked about posting your lap times in TT for use as a refrence with the tunes to know what it is capable of doing is all.

Your tunes are good setups I recomend them to anyone that wants to have a fast pace.

hkraft300
28-05-2015, 12:25
nice work pilot.
I set my springs a fair bit stiffer (210/170) and got in the top 100 with a ~1:24.7 @Monza not too long ago :)

MULTIVITZ
28-05-2015, 12:39
I haven't been in here yet. Cars handle geat don't they.
Question, what are you guys going to do when someone starts beating you around the tracks and all the tuning and driving available to YOU can not give you the edge any more? Thanks.

Jake Fangio
28-05-2015, 12:50
Did you use all assists off?

_MB_
28-05-2015, 13:02
I've not played around with tuning that much but i do love the FA cars.Will try and remember to give your setup ago tonight

hkraft300
28-05-2015, 13:04
Did you use all assists off?

no assists

There's always someone stronger, faster, smarter, multivitz. hopefully I can learn a few pointers from them to tune better or take a better line or learn driving techniques to make myself faster.

NVI0U5
28-05-2015, 13:31
Good work Jack about time another tuner started posting setups, I tried your Monza setup well of what I could minus the rest of stuff unseen, the setup is fairly rigid and using kers with drs on after the first chicane at the corner is definitely a no go zone lol Im still yet to beat my PB tho Ill see what I can do

Jack van Hees
28-05-2015, 13:33
Question, what are you guys going to do when someone starts beating you around the tracks and all the tuning and driving available to YOU can not give you the edge any more? Thanks.

That doesn't matter to me. I'm still getting a feel,with the tracks, because there different then in other SIM's. As long as people are beeing real about how they done a lap, It's fine with me. If someone takes your setup, drives a record, and then says it was his own setup.. That would be s*cking big time. I just like it when people become quicker. And I enjoy it when that happens with a setup wich I made.

Jack van Hees
28-05-2015, 13:36
Good work Jack about time another tuner started posting setups, I tried your Monza setup well of what I could minus the rest of stuff unseen, the setup is fairly rigid and using kers with drs on after the first chicane at the corner is definitely a no go zone lol Im still yet to beat my PB tho Ill see what I can do

Thank you NVIOU5! I use KERS only at the straight before Tamborello, and after it. Shame your on a different platform. Would love to do some laps with you.

NVI0U5
28-05-2015, 14:16

You see its already happened I shared my setup I think was 2nd day in, I could have just kept my setup and sat at the top waiting for someone to show some interest and get me off the perch.
Now its only a new game, people will become bored if they cant get in the top whatever.
I shared my setup to flood the leaderboards get the community involved and race, not so much get confused and frustrated in the tuning aspects but get the tune lay down some laps straight away. Multivitz you should know by now that there is no #1 time which is unbeatable which was set at the beginning of a game, tuning setups evolve, players get use to the car and tracks and naturally get faster and faster. Whatever tunes are out available right now will not be the bees knees in a few months time. I agree with Jack I too find satisfaction watching someone get faster with your tune/setup it feels accomplishing

Jack van Hees
28-05-2015, 14:27
You see its already happened I shared my setup I think was 2nd day in, I could have just kept my setup and sat at the top waiting for someone to show some interest and get me off the perch.
Now its only a new game, people will become bored if they cant get in the top whatever.
I shared my setup to flood the leaderboards get the community involved and race, not so much get confused and frustrated in the tuning aspects but get the tune lay down some laps straight away. Multivitz you should know by now that there is no #1 time which is unbeatable which was set at the beginning of a game, tuning setups evolve, players get use to the car and tracks and naturally get faster and faster. Whatever tunes are out available right now will not be the bees knees in a few months time. I agree with Jack I too find satisfaction watching someone get faster with your tune/setup it feels accomplishing

I totally agree on this. Every time can be broken, for sure. I host practice lobby's every evening and stream it on Twitch. People ask if they may join, and sure they can, as long there's respect. I let them go to my youtube channel, look for the setup they need for that track, and let them drive. It's awesome too see people get better every lap. Yesterday MadMax went on Monza from high 30's too 26, and I think he ended in 24's. Just in a couple of hours. That kind of thing makes me happy.

Gonna be hosting on Monaco tonight (oh boy), feel free to watch the stream, and join the private lobby. Just ask on the stream, and your good.

I have a basic setup ready for Monaco. Just made it. It's a starter. Gonna tweak later on tonight. I will upload the update also tonight, when I think It's good enough. You will find my setups on Youtube: Jack van Hees

MULTIVITZ
28-05-2015, 14:53
I used to have whipper snappers race/hot lap my setups. After a week of coaching through the spectating option and occasional demonstration by yours truly, they would go up from top 100 to top 10! Their reaction speed and dedication was key. My setups allowed them to hang through a lap. The fms physics engine was incomplete and glitch tunes ruled the top places. I'm loving this game shame about all the button pressing, I hope my suggestion on page 39 gets liked. I drove the formula in career, and it is great fun, loads of speed but one mistake and BOOM your lead has gone lol

Jack van Hees
28-05-2015, 14:59
I used to have whipper snappers race/hot lap my setups. After a week of coaching through the spectating option and occasional demonstration by yours truly, they would go up from top 100 to top 10! Their reaction speed and dedication was key. My setups allowed them to hang through a lap. The fms physics engine was incomplete and glitch tunes ruled the top places. I'm loving this game shame about all the button pressing, I hope my suggestion on page 39 gets liked. I drove the formula in career, and it is great fun, loads of speed but one mistake and BOOM your lead has gone lol

And that's wat racing is about. No lap is perfect, and that's the kick for me. Trying too be clean as a wistle makes racing amazing.

MULTIVITZ
28-05-2015, 15:03
Yeah the players improve, setup sharing and testing is way limiting for development. My tuning skills went through change at the end of forza4 , it happens like doctor who lol every game I've been searching for realism this game offers.
Maybe some of the cars have limited adjustment, who cares it just levels the playing field more. I would like fully adjustable rose linked suspension, with fabrication options, but that is going too far. The games good lets all make it better like SMS want us to do now:)

MULTIVITZ
28-05-2015, 15:07
And that's wat racing is about. No lap is perfect, and that's the kick for me. Trying too be clean as a wistle makes racing amazing.

Throwing the car down the road is amazing! Learning the lines your setup likes and having to deal with draft n tyre temps is where you want to concentrate, you'll find with better performance in the game the cars will start to show their thermal flaws at the same time putting a clean lap together will be childs play. You know it makes sense rodders!

MULTIVITZ
28-05-2015, 16:09
The diff and gearbox pages aren't included in that summary. He can't give away ALL his secrets now! ;)

Well done on the record times. I'm surprised at how tight your springs are for Monza. I might try the same.

EDIT: NVI0U5 has competition I see ;)

The diffs easy to setup on them lol but it effects axle lift!
I could get close to cloning a setup from telemetry in fms3!!! At least I could see the direction a tuner had gone in. Takes a replay from a cold start!
I think that was a wise desision by the developer to release this game as is and let the community decide on things. Get in there and start voting NOW. Thats for the ones who have volume trouble:rolleyes:

thevilleky
29-05-2015, 01:09
Took off the training wheels. No assists on your ra tune. Ran a 1:40, good for top 15 on the xbox. Practice, prqctice, practice. I see breakin into the 1:30's at some point. 1:36 though is other wordly.

wilddag
29-05-2015, 06:50
Been using Jacks setups for a while now.

Can say that racing with him and a couple of other people that join the practice sessions really helps you to push harder and learn the tracks better.

He's able to show you what's possible and even talk about how you might be able to achieve it. For example if you having trouble on a certain area on a track, he doesn't mind explaining how he would approach that section.

The Youtube vids with setup are much appreciated for people like myself with limited time to find a decent balance!

Cool guy that likes to help out where possible for people that are serious about going faster.

MULTIVITZ
29-05-2015, 10:31
I'm going to look at 1 of Jacks setups today. If l can get improvement for it I'll post it. I'm using a pad so adjusting the steering ratio maybe necessary for some. Or setups won't be usable between wheel n pad. I have high hopes with this game!

Jack van Hees
29-05-2015, 10:44
I'm going to look at 1 of Jacks setups today. If l can get improvement for it I'll post it. I'm using a pad so adjusting the steering ratio maybe necessary for some. Or setups won't be usable between wheel n pad. I have high hopes with this game!

It's gonna work with a pad, no problem. Allot of people got quicker with the setups. Let me know! Thanks MULTIVITZ

MULTIVITZ
29-05-2015, 11:09
Going around Somona at the mo sorting the stiff rear end, tyres look a bit hard too. Early days yet but drives ok around here as least! I'll keep logged in and check back soon.

MULTIVITZ
29-05-2015, 12:11
Only getting 160 through Copse. But the ARBs are a night mare, lucky my damping skills can tame them.

MULTIVITZ
29-05-2015, 12:23
It keeps lifting wheels cause my backs so soft. I think thats the bumpstop indicator telling me its lofted?!

Roger Prynne
29-05-2015, 12:32
MULTIVITZ can you just edit one post and stop posting loads of separate posts please.
Also your posts are not really helpful, if you are so good at setups why don't you post some settings for people to try.

Jack van Hees
29-05-2015, 13:18
MULTIVITZ can you just edit one post and stop posting loads of separate posts please.
Also your posts are not really helpful, if you are so good at setups why don't you post some settings for people to try.

Lol! Roger, I'm working on Nordschleife now. It's starting to be a great setup. I will upload it on my channel later this day. Youtube: Jack van Hees. Come see me test at Nordschleife. http://www.twitch.tv/jackvanhees

MULTIVITZ
29-05-2015, 13:42

That was the idea. Some people are so impatient. I don't want to give you guys a lemon. And please note my deleting of my unhelpful posts, gees......cheer up, won't be long!
The pit lanes soo long, can we put the garage up the end more:rolleyes:
The front wing keeps hitting the ground eeer!!
There was nownt wrong wid setup!!
Lets start over, is someone getting take out lol
Only joking?

Starting to just change 1 thing at a time now, revising diff (lowering) to make turning in more buff!
Nearly getting through becketts flat:cool:(and thats in chase cam!!)
Getting slick collapse after rear spring increase, but looking good.
Started cockpit view now. Nice quick directional change was kept after I sped up the steering ratio.
Now in the car I can feel the skips n bumps alot better when pushing hard. Yeah baby!

It took 5 hours in the end, lucky the tyre blankets weren't broken!!

Jack van Hees
29-05-2015, 16:09
Setup for Nordschleife is done! Did a 14.9 without pushing. Try it out guys, It's a hardcore setup! Pretty stiff settings, but that's the way I like it. http://youtu.be/c7ZQ6BdD4IY please subscribe too my channel. I'm putting all my setups online. As soon I finish one, I upload it. Thanks!

Roger Prynne
29-05-2015, 16:21
Jack this wasn't aimed at you by the way in case you thought it was.

Lol! Roger, I'm working on Nordschleife now. It's starting to be a great setup. I will upload it on my channel later this day. Youtube: Jack van Hees. Come see me test at Nordschleife. http://www.twitch.tv/jackvanhees

Jack van Hees
29-05-2015, 16:27
Jack this wasn't aimed at you by the way in case you thought it was.

I know Roger. You know I'm just trying too help people. Try my Nordschleife setup Roger, you will like it, if your agressive on steering. ;)

MULTIVITZ
29-05-2015, 16:29
205150I said, are you boys ready, to become....men??
Treat this lady with some respect, and I'll show you how to make her go faster.
Its setup on purpose to learn you, doing is learning, when your comfortable and found any overheating. Then we'll make her sing n dance for ya.
Screen shot and details to follow.

Think of it as big boy go karts and you won't go wrong, you have competed in super karts haven't you??!!
Don't bother trying the setup unless you have, I'm serious.
They haven't, or they haven't learned, my guess?

You'll thank me later;)

A must have setup is one that is tailored to you, if you drive someone elses and you like it, fair enough. But its not made for you........is it!
I hope you catch my drift.

Jack van Hees
29-05-2015, 16:46
I said, are you boys ready, to become....men??
Treat this lady with some respect, and I'll show you how to make her go faster.
Its setup on purpose to learn you, doing is learning, when your comfortable and found any overheating. Then we'll make her sing n dance for ya.
Screen shot and details to follow.

Wat seems too be the problem Multivitz? Why don't you just post if you have something too help people. That's wat this thread is for. Not for hooligan behavior. I'm happy for you, that you find yourself really good, but I haven't seen anything of a setup from your end. Try too stay ontopic. The chatbox is somewhere else I guess. Forgot already wat Roger Prynne wrote? It doesn't help dirtying up this thread.

MULTIVITZ
29-05-2015, 17:21
Wat seems too be the problem Multivitz? Why don't you just post if you have something too help people. That's wat this thread is for. Not for hooligan behavior. I'm happy for you, that you find yourself really good, but I haven't seen anything of a setup from your end. Try too stay ontopic. The chatbox is somewhere else I guess. Forgot already wat Roger Prynne wrote? It doesn't help dirtying up this thread.

Are you calling MULTIVITZ a dirty lay about?:rolleyes:

Thats gratitude for ya! Lol

gookiecrunch
29-05-2015, 17:52
Are these setups ok for x box?

Jack van Hees
29-05-2015, 17:55
Are you calling MULTIVITZ a dirty lay about?:rolleyes:

Thats gratitude for ya! Lol

I'm not calling you names, but your posting allot of letters with no outcome. It's like you beeing a dog with ADHD, that needs too stay at place. Next too that your acting your some kind of a I don't know, but if your writing stuff like this "Think of it as big boy go karts and you won't go wrong, you have competed in super karts haven't you??!!
Don't bother trying the setup unless you have, I'm serious". It gives me personally a bad feeling about someone. Like I already said, I'm glad you find yourself so good. But if you keep posting like that, better make your own thread then.

Jack van Hees
29-05-2015, 17:58
Are these setups ok for x box?

So far I know you can use it on the Xbox too. If I'm wrong, please correct me people.

MULTIVITZ
29-05-2015, 18:01
So far I know you can use it on the Xbox too. If I'm wrong, please correct me people.

I would imagine they are, as cross platform gameing is the future. Hope this helps.
We'll have a chat one day soon and get to know each other, unless you're scared lol

Jack van Hees
29-05-2015, 18:39
I would imagine they are, as cross platform gameing is the future. Hope this helps.
We'll have a chat one day soon and get to know each other, unless you're scared lol

You may be from Essex, but that doesn't scare me. ;) Will chat soon, no problem. Enjoy the game, I find it great! Keep it up "Project CARS".

MULTIVITZ
29-05-2015, 18:45
Well Rodger I'm the only other one in here?
One of my whipper snappers hated the C9 so stopped playing the game, he became number one on one of those F1 games!
So you see I'm not a 'no trousers no action' kind of guy, so please can we get along?

Jack van Hees
29-05-2015, 19:22
Killed the record in practice! Now I need too do that in time trial. 205183

Jack van Hees
29-05-2015, 19:42
Well done. Did you use much downforce?

Setup is online at Youtube. http://youtu.be/c7ZQ6BdD4IY

MULTIVITZ
29-05-2015, 19:44
Have you done super karting?
I used to go on super bikes in my youth. Cars are a bit different though!

Jack van Hees
29-05-2015, 19:46
Have you done super karting?

No, I'm only here for FA. Other cars/karts are oke, but I don't fancy (correct spelling?) that.

MULTIVITZ
29-05-2015, 19:55
No, I'm only here for FA. Other cars/karts are oke, but I don't fancy (correct spelling?) that.

I understand what your saying, it is a vital experience in learning this type of road craft.
More than you appreciate at this moment in time. Just let a little air out the front and a bit more out the rear, set up the karts steering ratio to match its turn in moment that you feel is ok and do the super karts championship.
It will learn you, trust me, you won't get in another car and feel the same as you do now!
Stick it on easy and put the laps down, you won't regret it.

DisagioAbbestia
29-05-2015, 19:56
Trying this setup right now. I've a perfect grip in turns, but it spin me out like a mad horse when i make small correction on straight.
Damn controller! What should I modify?

Jack van Hees
29-05-2015, 20:08
Trying this setup right now. I've a perfect grip in turns, but it spin me out like a mad horse when i make small correction on straight.
Damn controller! What should I modify?

I think you should tweak the anti-rollbar. Make it softer.

Jack van Hees
29-05-2015, 20:09
I understand what your saying, it is a vital experience in learning this type of road craft.
More than you appreciate at this moment in time. Just let a little air out the front and a bit more out the rear, set up the karts steering ratio to match its turn in moment that you feel is ok and do the super karts championship.
It will learn you, trust me, you won't get in another car and feel the same as you do now!
Stick it on easy and put the laps down, you won't regret it.

I race for a profession, and train with karts 125cc, superbikes. So I just keep it with FA.

MULTIVITZ
29-05-2015, 20:17
If thats the case then why were you prepared to drive the setup you posted and not adjust it to suit.
I used to design chassis for a hobby! I'll see you...... on the track. Don't let me down.

Jack van Hees
29-05-2015, 20:22
If thats the case then why were you prepared to drive the setup you posted and not adjust it to suit.

It's my own setup I make them myself, so I already suit it. Understand. I create them myself. Me, myself, and I. And again, I don't fancy other cars, only FA. Do you mind there? Think I can do wat I want... If you like karting, you kart your b*lls off. I just don't like it virtual. Understand that? I don't have to do nothing. I make my own calls. I post here to help people, no to get pushed in things I don't want.

MULTIVITZ
29-05-2015, 20:34
Re: to the back wheels comming out.(a lesson in short shifting)
The engine has no flywheel as such and gains torque and revs quickly, agreed?
Torque is resposable for a vehicles acceleration from a set speed and is the only value of force needed when calculating a tracktive curve, agreed?
So if you'll notice the FA produces about 230lbft odd from very low down, the torque band is very wide. So wide infact it spans 3 gears, this makes it easier to drive. When I said change up when exiting, I thought you'd understand, higher revs activates the diff easier and locks the wheels. Try driving mine in 1 or 2 gears higher than you like and look at your speedo when you exit near the kerb!

MULTIVITZ
29-05-2015, 20:36
If you listen you might learn, but doing if far more effective.
Time is precious on games like this, thats why I don't beat around the bush.
Making setups will save this game by making it accessible to people who want to enjoy the cars and tracks. Having a slow way will hamper people enjoyment imho

Im sure your setup is magic and people will like driving it. But have you shown them how to do it themselves mr pro?

On Forza I would offer 1 to 1 tuning in party chat. They chose the car and the track!
It does take several hours, and seeing the car come together is an amazing experience for some, especially if its their favourite car.

OperatorWay
29-05-2015, 20:49
@ MULTIVITZ : May I respectfully request that you create your own tuning thread(s) with your own tunes & tuning advice instead of flooding everyone else's threads? There are a number of tuning threads I've been trying to follow, but it's difficult when you keep side-tracking many of them. Cheers & have a pint on me :very_drunk:

Jack van Hees
29-05-2015, 20:51
@ MULTIVITZ : May I respectfully request that you create your own tuning thread(s) with your own tunes & tuning advice instead of flooding everyone else's threads? There are a number of tuning threads I've been trying to follow, but it's difficult when you keep side-tracking many of them. Cheers & have a pint on me :very_drunk:

On top of that, this is an FA thread, no karting thread. FA.

Jack van Hees
29-05-2015, 20:55
If you listen you might learn, but doing if far more effective.
Time is precious on games like this, thats why I don't beat around the bush.
Making setups will save this game by making it accessible to people who want to enjoy the cars and tracks. Having a slow way will hamper people enjoyment imho

Im sure your setup is magic and people will like driving it. But have you shown them how to do it themselves mr pro?

Yes I do! In fact, I'm doing that just like now. I do that every evening, Hosting a practice lobby, Mr Hobby chassis builder. I suggest you make your own thread. As you might have found out recently, this is a thread for FA, and helping people. Your just in the way with your big mouth all the time. Create your own, Mr. I know the best. This is my last reaction on your post. I think you will understand that. Hoping the MOD's clear the rest,and delete your posts here in this thread.

MULTIVITZ
29-05-2015, 21:19
Oh like that is it. Well good luck with your back wheels comming out lol
Pro indeed, such a know nothing gamer. Did you read the atari tuning grind thread from start to finish. I only put 1 setup down. I thought you wanted help, thats what a community does for each other! Wheres your honour gone, didn't have it to start with?
How is anyone going to find the ultimate setup if you don't understand basic car control lol bless.

If karting on here hurts anyones balls then they're in the wrong sport!?

MULTIVITZ
29-05-2015, 21:22

Why do you think im in here? This is the 'setup you must have thread' isn't it, a place for people to come and get better with the FA, what a pair of old women I ask ya.
No one told me it was the 'these are my setups and look at my replays' thread, I might start one called 'look at my setups I haven't got a clue' thread, but that would be wrong and misleading.
You're a shining example of the type of motivational cripples this community needs to wake up.
Its a complicated sport get used to it.

In one of your previous post you said you don't want to get pushed in to things you don't want. Learning to drive the cars. Understand the cars and car talk. Thats what we're all here for, if you don't like my interaction then its understandable. I'll keep quiet and you go off. Peace.
If anyone needs me just give us a PM! Or search my posts.

Jack van Hees
29-05-2015, 21:46
My 5:13 lap. http://youtu.be/Rx4WV5kUAus Hope it helps you guys. Link too the setup:https://youtu.be/c7ZQ6BdD4IY

Roger Prynne
29-05-2015, 21:58
Nice drive Jack.

Jack van Hees
29-05-2015, 22:01
Nice drive Jack.

Thank you Roger! ;)

Roger Prynne
29-05-2015, 22:03
MULTIVITZ if you are reading this I have just made a thread for you in this sub forum.
So go for it to your hearts content.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28639-MULTIVITZ-Ultimate-Tuning-Thread&p=954655#post954655

DisagioAbbestia
29-05-2015, 23:23
Jesus F*cking Christ. I made 1.21.815 but my console crashed (like she does 4/5 times aday) before saving.
Your setup is great. Thank you so much Jack

Jack van Hees
29-05-2015, 23:39
Jesus F*cking Christ. I made 1.21.815 but my console crashed (like she does 4/5 times aday) before saving.
Your setup is great. Thank you so much Jack

Great, great, great job!! Awesome mate! Keep it up! If you need help, just let me know.

Jack van Hees
30-05-2015, 16:04
Hockenheim GP setup is now online for use. Hope you guys like it. https://youtu.be/e6ZIoXLL_fY

DisagioAbbestia
30-05-2015, 17:45

Whit your Hockenheim's setup on Imola
Even better then yesterday! vroooooooooommmm

Jack van Hees
30-05-2015, 18:12

Whit your Hockenheim's setup on Imola
Even better then yesterday! vroooooooooommmm

Hahaha! Great job! I made a basic Spa setup, because allot of people were asking for one. Will bring the 2.0 version next week. Will post it as soon it's uploaded to my channel.

Jack van Hees
30-05-2015, 18:21
Here is my starters setup for Spa. I will bring the 2.0 version next week. This is a great starter! Lot's of grip! Enjoy! https://youtu.be/9xlS936FVw4

DisagioAbbestia
30-05-2015, 18:53
Here is my starters setup for Spa. I will bring the 2.0 version next week. This is a great starter! Lot's of grip! Enjoy! https://youtu.be/9xlS936FVw4

Which downforce? is missing in the video

Jack van Hees
30-05-2015, 19:19
DisagioAbbestia, working on a Imola setup now mate. ;)

Jack van Hees
30-05-2015, 19:41
Must work mate! https://youtu.be/9xlS936FVw4 I'm on Twitch now Disagio. http://www.twitch.tv/jackvanhees 7-8 I thought. Will upload it again later, the Spa one.

Jack van Hees
30-05-2015, 21:18
Uploaded Spa again, because the level of downforce wasn't in the vid. https://youtu.be/j4iiUzaLTxQ And here's Imola, a real fine setup. Very smooth with lots of grip all around the track. https://youtu.be/CfMBU_Xc60c

Please subscribe on to my youtube channel: Jack van Hees thanks!

Jack van Hees
31-05-2015, 17:27
Jack's Q&A. If you have questions about setups. https://youtu.be/JimE66NyhL4 ;)

DisagioAbbestia
31-05-2015, 20:02
Improved my Imola's laptime in just 3 laps.
Jack is definitlly my trusted tuner

Jack van Hees
31-05-2015, 20:06
Improved my Imola's laptime in just 3 laps.
Jack is definitlly my trusted tuner

Great mate! How much quicker you get?

DisagioAbbestia
31-05-2015, 20:44
Not many, like 0.040, but I'm constantly under 1.22.
Using Hockeneim settings the car was less stable. great work

laatst666minuut
01-06-2015, 09:34
Jack, thks for your sharing set ups
It makes my laps faster and faster now imola 1.25 low
Made it in practice 1.23
Once again thks a lot keep it up
If you needed any football tickets voor dutc or belgium leauqe let me know i will be glad to help you

Oh en max33 blijft van ons:)

Jack van Hees
01-06-2015, 13:37
Jack, thks for your sharing set ups
It makes my laps faster and faster now imola 1.25 low
Made it in practice 1.23
Once again thks a lot keep it up
If you needed any football tickets voor dutc or belgium leauqe let me know i will be glad to help you

Oh en max33 blijft van ons:)

Thanks mate! Glad to be of service for you all. Yeah Max is one of us! Can't touch him! ;) The football tickets.. Well perhaps some day. :cool:

Dunno if it helps you guys, but I just uploaded a vid about setting up a Formula A car in the basics. Talking about downforce, and the gearbox. https://youtu.be/UFdf9k88_Ac

Jack van Hees
01-06-2015, 16:54
Q&A right now on Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/jackvanhees Still one hour left, so tune in!

KT Ironblue
01-06-2015, 18:05
Hi jack, your setups it's very nice. I tried in monza, and brno and it as been a successes. But, for my opinion, in the slow circuits like montecarlo something is wrong.
I drow in monaco at the limit but the time its 1.17
I dont think there is margin for any improvement

DisagioAbbestia
01-06-2015, 19:16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6MlaIe1ljs

Jack van Hees
01-06-2015, 19:24
Thanks KT. Good that it helps you! Eeuhm, I don't know about Monaco. I drive there 1:14's. do you use the 2.0 version? Greetz.

Jack van Hees
01-06-2015, 19:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6MlaIe1ljs

Hahahahaha! Great job mate! Well done! Keep it up! :cool:

damianeti
01-06-2015, 22:12
Great job!! Thnx so much!

Jack van Hees
01-06-2015, 22:44
Great job!! Thnx so much!

No problem mate! Just make sure to subscribe too my channel bro. ;) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3zbIJNVTTgG3gvyJUHRksQ

hosko
02-06-2015, 02:54
Do you have one for Nurburgring?

Joni Varis
02-06-2015, 04:02
Thanks KT. Good that it helps you! Eeuhm, I don't know about Monaco. I drive there 1:14's. do you use the 2.0 version? Greetz.

1.14 aint particularly fast at monaco tho. Best i got there was 1.10.9 & there is even video somewhere at this forum of 1.11.1 lap i recorded while driving. After taking a look to your setups, you seem to make them really safe/understeery, which is not really the fastest way for this car. Example aero levels ive used mostly are around 10-12 for front, 6-7 at rear.

For monaco used 12/9 aero, softer front arb, stiffer rear arb, softer springs, shorter gearing, more rake by lowering front ride height to help turn in, differential 9/25/60 (top to bottom) and bit less negative camber from both front & rear..

E: Here is the monaco recording, maybe you get some tips from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxQ4-AKoK1A

Jack van Hees
02-06-2015, 08:41
1.14 aint particularly fast at monaco tho. Best i got there was 1.10.9 & there is even video somewhere at this forum of 1.11.1 lap i recorded while driving. After taking a look to your setups, you seem to make them really safe/understeery, which is not really the fastest way for this car. Example aero levels ive used mostly are around 10-12 for front, 6-7 at rear.

For monaco used 12/9 aero, softer front arb, stiffer rear arb, softer springs, shorter gearing, more rake by lowering front ride height to help turn in, differential 9/25/60 (top to bottom) and bit less negative camber from both front & rear..

E: Here is the monaco recording, maybe you get some tips from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxQ4-AKoK1A

I was giving an answer too the question about going faster with that setup, that's all. Why did I do lap lap records with some of my setups then? If the setups aren't that good. Next too that I'm sharing. I don't see much people do that here! Al bl bla, and scared of people beating them with there own setups. Enough people who are happy with my setups. How long are you driving PCars? From 2011? I just started a few weeks ago.. So I still got too learn about the car. And instandly started sharing, because allot of people have problems with setting up the car. And understeer/oversteer could be lead back too how your driving style is. Look at Alonso, wat do his cars do? Then look at Raikkonen. And thanks for the tip! Will keep it in mind.

Very ontopic: When are the updates coming for all the buggs in the game? It really s*cks, like the game crashing, forcefeedback doing wat it wants, and much more. It's really a shame for such a good game, that there are so many buggs still in it.

Jack van Hees
02-06-2015, 09:16
Do you have one for Nurburgring?

Do you mean Nurburgring Nordschleife? Yes I have, It's on my channel. http://youtu.be/c7ZQ6BdD4IY

TheLethalDose
02-06-2015, 09:40
+1 for Jack's setups, been going back and improving on my WR's with a lot less effort compared to my old setups.

Joni Varis
02-06-2015, 09:51
I was giving an answer too the question about going faster with that setup, that's all. Why did I do lap lap records with some of my setups then? If the setups aren't that good. Next too that I'm sharing. I don't see much people do that here! Al bl bla, and scared of people beating them with there own setups. Enough people who are happy with my setups. How long are you driving PCars? From 2011? I just started a few weeks ago.. So I still got too learn about the car. And instandly started sharing, because allot of people have problems with setting up the car. And understeer/oversteer could be lead back too how your driving style is. Look at Alonso, wat do his cars do? Then look at Raikkonen. And thanks for the tip! Will keep it in mind.

Very ontopic: When are the updates coming for all the buggs in the game? It really s*cks, like the game crashing, forcefeedback doing wat it wants, and much more. It's really a shame for such a good game, that there are so many buggs still in it.

Heh, defensive much? No need, my intention wasnt to downplay your efforts, im sure lots of guys are very happy that you share your setups. I just wanted to share some info that in future you might make your sets even better, sure more understeery setup is likely better for majority as its easier to drive, but the fact is that this car is a lot faster with setups more towards oversteer.

There is few PC FA WR ( Spa & silverstone atleast ) laps in my channel if you want to take a look, maybe you find some usefull from those.

laatst666minuut
02-06-2015, 09:57
Q&A right now on Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/jackvanhees Still one hour left, so tune in!
Hey Jack missed that one,When will be your next session?
Maybe a stupid question, driving my ass yesterday off made another 1.25 low on imola
If i make a perfect lap i can pull of another sec/1.5 off, do you use any kers/drs systems in time trial?

Or is it just a matter of getting back in the seat and work for it :)

thks

Jack van Hees
02-06-2015, 10:19
Maybe a stupid question, driving my ass yesterday off made another 1.25 low on imola
If i make a perfect lap i can pull of another sec/1.5 off, do you use any kers/drs systems in time trial?

thks

Shame you missed it. Will be doing Q&A's next week again. I do 19:5's with the Imola setup, so I guess there's some room too work in. Take a good look at your driving lines in the first sector till the chicane. You can win/loose allot of time on there. Personally I always take the curbs full with two wheel in the first sector. DRS and KERS I always use. It makes allot of difference in a lap. Hope too see you soon in a new Q&A mate.

Jack van Hees
02-06-2015, 10:20

thks

Shame you missed it. :D Will be doing Q&A's next week again. I do 19:5's with the Imola setup, so I guess there's some room too work in. Take a good look at your driving lines in the first sector till the chicane. You can win/loose allot of time on there. Personally I always take the curbs full with two wheel in the first sector. DRS and KERS I always use. It makes allot of difference in a lap. Hope too see you soon in a new Q&A mate.

laatst666minuut
02-06-2015, 11:14
Thks Jack,
After work a quick meal(it seems everything has to be done fast the last days :)back in the cockpit
ok thats is hopefull.... never used DRS and KERS have to found out how its work on a trustmaster t300 ferrari gt
is t a matter of missing seconds without using?
Wont stop on Imola before i make 1.21 then go for spa :)

Will join you for sure your session(s) next week !!!!!!!

thevilleky
02-06-2015, 11:22
Shame you missed it. :D Will be doing Q&A's next week again. I do 19:5's with the Imola setup, so I guess there's some room too work in. Take a good look at your driving lines in the first sector till the chicane. You can win/loose allot of time on there. Personally I always take the curbs full with two wheel in the first sector. DRS and KERS I always use. It makes allot of difference in a lap. Hope too see you soon in a new Q&A mate.

Posted in xbox forum and nobody replied. Any idea Jack how to activate DRS or KERS on the 458 spider wheel, or can you self map it to a button using the controller setup, or will that throw off the wheel settings. Thanks for the tunes. They are a blast to drive, and I can handle them no assists now, so that is cool.

FACT0RY PIL0T
02-06-2015, 12:13

thksIn TT using kers drs is a must, but its also very technical at Imola, and about momentum getting the best drive out of turns for higher speeds on straights. And a few place you may think carying more speed might be quicker but its not especially in the first sector.

It's a track you can learn a lot at and good practice for trail braking practice to get the car to pivot in turns. With enough practice mid 1:17's can be done here.

laatst666minuut
02-06-2015, 13:40
Thks pilot
1.17 for real..... wr is 1.19 now
Like jack said still a lot work to do in Italy...........will be back when i made the 1.21

Thks i appreciate all the help from you guys !

Joni Varis
02-06-2015, 13:56
1.17 is easily doable at imola. I did only handful of laps few weeks ago (pc version) and my current WR is 1.18.3 & lap was far from perfect.

Jack van Hees
02-06-2015, 13:58
Heh, defensive much? No need, my intention wasnt to downplay your efforts, im sure lots of guys are very happy that you share your setups. I just wanted to share some info that in future you might make your sets even better, sure more understeery setup is likely better for majority as its easier to drive, but the fact is that this car is a lot faster with setups more towards oversteer.

There is few PC FA WR ( Spa & silverstone atleast ) laps in my channel if you want to take a look, maybe you find some usefull from those.

Thanks! I will look in on that Joni :)

Jack van Hees
02-06-2015, 14:01
Posted in xbox forum and nobody replied. Any idea Jack how to activate DRS or KERS on the 458 spider wheel, or can you self map it to a button using the controller setup, or will that throw off the wheel settings. Thanks for the tunes. They are a blast to drive, and I can handle them no assists now, so that is cool.

Thanks! Glad it helps, because that's wat the setups are made for. Working on new setups every day. Just have de SIM two weeks, so the setups will get better. About the settings on the wheel. I guess you can change them at options, and self map them.

Jack van Hees
02-06-2015, 14:03
+1 for Jack's setups, been going back and improving on my WR's with a lot less effort compared to my old setups.

I've seen that mate! You improved Monza too? Think I saw a quick time stroll by. ;)

Jack van Hees
02-06-2015, 14:06
1.17 is easily doable at imola. I did only handful of laps few weeks ago (pc version) and my current WR is 1.18.3 & lap was far from perfect.

I think that too Joni. But on my behalf I'm still learning the tracks (know them all, but on PCars it's differen't again), and that's why my setups will get better. things like the bugg with force feedback doesn't help either.

Jack van Hees
02-06-2015, 14:11
Thks Jack,
After work a quick meal(it seems everything has to be done fast the last days :)back in the cockpit
ok thats is hopefull.... never used DRS and KERS have to found out how its work on a trustmaster t300 ferrari gt
is t a matter of missing seconds without using?
Wont stop on Imola before i make 1.21 then go for spa :)

Will join you for sure your session(s) next week !!!!!!!

With DRS and KERS your gonna win allot of time. Just take a good look were you gonna use KERS, because that can make a difference too. Working on Silverstone tune now. Hard one too get correct! But I've taken some advice of Joni, so perhaps it will help the setup. Hoping for it. Keep it up all. This is getting too be a great thread (not talking about myself). ;)

FACT0RY PIL0T
02-06-2015, 15:08
1.17 is easily doable at imola. I did only handful of laps few weeks ago (pc version) and my current WR is 1.18.3 & lap was far from perfect.Imola WR Xbox is or was 1:17.9xx last night, I could see this getting to a 1:16.9xx by years end by an Alien is my prediction.

Joni Varis
02-06-2015, 15:36
Imola WR Xbox is or was 1:17.9xx last night, I could see this getting to a 1:16.9xx by years end by an Alien is my prediction.

I dont think 1.16 is possible without some massive cutting. Atm it might be as you can basicly straightline (run completely over the kerbing & run offs) which gains a lot of time, but once track limits is fixed soon cant see that happening. 1.17 mid/high tho should be rather easily possible by staying within track limits.

Jack van Hees
02-06-2015, 15:39
Setup Silverstone is online Lethal! https://youtu.be/e51o0BRNXPI Please try it, and let me know wat you think. Then I'm just gonna continu tweaking it tonight. ;)

Jack van Hees
03-06-2015, 10:08
Force feedback setting These settings are useable for on every platform: PC, Xbox, PS4. Thrustmaster T300RS, T500. Logitech G27. Fanatec. only for Formula A. It are little changes, but I find them personally great. This is the in game setup. http://youtu.be/pbTzYx-7qK8 And this is in menu setup for the Thrustmaster T300RS http://youtu.be/A9_cOzDLMKE

Jack van Hees
03-06-2015, 16:13
Just finished my Donington setup. Hope you guys like it! https://youtu.be/vkEKiucBG_o

Matt92
03-06-2015, 16:26
Jack could you do a setup for Catalunya GP Circuit please? Enjoying your YouTube videos btw. Keep up the good work.

Jack van Hees
03-06-2015, 16:33
Jack could you do a setup for Catalunya GP Circuit please? Enjoying your YouTube videos btw. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Matt! I'm gonna do Catalunya this week. Perhaps tonight... Let's see if I have the motivation to do it tonight. Subscribe to the channel yet? ;)

DisagioAbbestia
03-06-2015, 16:41
Always the greatest :lemo:

+1 for Catalunya, Nurburgring GP, Suzuka (Sakitto) and I think I'll have all my favourite tracks Jacked

Matt92
03-06-2015, 16:45
Thanks Matt! I'm gonna do Catalunya this week. Perhaps tonight... Let's see if I have the motivation to do it tonight. Subscribe to the channel yet? ;)

Yeah. At some point im hoping to get a wheel. want the full rig with seat as well eventually. I just think this game is made for a wheel.

Jack van Hees
03-06-2015, 17:16

+1 for Catalunya, Nurburgring GP, Suzuka (Sakitto) and I think I'll have all my favourite tracks Jacked

"Jacked" ;) Let's see wat I can do mate! Yeah a wheel is a must have. Gives much more plessure.

Apoth
03-06-2015, 18:51
Jack, why is it that the ride height in your tunes is so high? One of the first things I always do is drop the ride height as low as I can get it without scraping.

Jack van Hees
03-06-2015, 18:53
Jack, why is it that the ride height in your tunes is so high? One of the first things I always do is drop the ride height as low as I can get it without scraping.

I mostly have ita bit higher, because of the rest of the setup. Doesn't always work in my setups. Mostly it disturbs the balans. And of course because of the fuel load you carry in a race. When the car bottoms out, and hit the ground, there's no more grip. Perhaps I should setup for just doing quick laps. Let me try it.

Apoth
03-06-2015, 19:16
I mostly have ita bit higher, because of the rest of the setup. Doesn't always work in my setups. Mostly it disturbs the balans. And of course because of the fuel load you carry in a race. When the car bottoms out, and hit the ground, there's no more grip. Perhaps I should setup for just doing quick laps. Let me try it.

I've always been under the impression that lower ride height = faster, so it's optimal to get ride height as low as possible without scraping. Given the track, some scraping is bound to happen (Donnington is one of the worst offenders for this in PCars that I've found so far...that track is so bumpy), but as long as you're not bottoming way out and losing grip, my experience has been that it's fine. As an example, I found I had to raise my ride height on Spa in Formula B because I was bottoming out through Eau Rouge and it resulted in me spinning out. Most other tracks, if I get some scraping, but don't bottom out completely, I usually leave it as low as it goes.

Jack van Hees
03-06-2015, 19:51

(Semi) Suzuka almost ready Disagio! ;)

Jack van Hees
03-06-2015, 20:25
Sakitto GP setup. https://youtu.be/Z7khUIlam3s

DisagioAbbestia
03-06-2015, 20:25
(Semi) Suzuka almost ready Disagio! ;)

I need to buy you a beer bro

Jack van Hees
03-06-2015, 21:35
I need to buy you a beer bro

Hahaha! Your gonna love this set mate! I'm driving it now! Love it!

DarC
03-06-2015, 22:01
Any chance your completed setups could all be put in the OP ?

thanks

Jack van Hees
03-06-2015, 22:18
Any chance your completed setups could all be put in the OP ?

thanks

OP? That is? Really don't know. A thread? There perfectly settled on my youtube channel. Think I put effort enough in this. If It's too much for you to click on a setup I made.. Shame, really a shame. You know how much work goes into a setup? Your welcome, really! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8NfrxYBSy9aH2x0IPvL_rwyDmCamGGbX

FACT0RY PIL0T
03-06-2015, 22:40
OP? That is? Really don't know. A thread? There perfectly settled on my youtube channel. Think I put effort enough in this. If It's too much for you to click on a setup I made.. Shame, really a shame. You know how much work goes into a setup? Your welcome, really! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8NfrxYBSy9aH2x0IPvL_rwyDmCamGGbX

Some people dont support youtube, and people trying to build there channel up, and would rather just see it in the post is what I think he was getting at. Of course if I was trying to get maximum exposure to my channel id be posting it both ways including a lap video for people to learn from of how it works on said track not just screenshots. Just saying what could make the videos a lot better.

Jack van Hees
03-06-2015, 22:50
Some people dont support youtube, and people trying to build there channel up, and would rather just see it in the post is what I think he was getting at. Of course if I was trying to get maximum exposure to my channel id be posting it both ways including a lap video for people to learn from of how it works on said track not just screenshots. Just saying what could make the videos a lot better.

If you look at the channel, you would see that I often load up laps that I drive. But It's a bit hard, and making setups, and uploading laps. I'm just helping out people. And if peeps just react like he does.. I don't like that. Not even a thank you for the effort. But he, that's how the world is these days. It's all just normal. Copy/paste and be quick.. Without any effort from them selfs. Think you can understand I don't like that. If not, It's fine too.

FACT0RY PIL0T
03-06-2015, 22:53
Yeah I hear ya and know what ya mean.

Jack van Hees
03-06-2015, 23:09
Yeah I hear ya and know what ya mean.

It doesn't cost people a thing. Just a click. I can close the channel per vid, and ask money for it. For now It's free, and that's good. The adds pay my effort, so it's free. But I hate it when people think It's normal that some of us share. I don't see that happen often. Allot of people on this forum are happy with the thing I do. A simpel thank you isn't possible anymore? I find that lame. Most of the peeps here, do respect it, and they let me know. That gives a good feeling. But when people act like, FY, and you need to do it like this, or that... Nah! I share it like I want to do it, because I pit the effort in. If there not into Youtube.. To bad.

FACT0RY PIL0T
03-06-2015, 23:29
It doesn't cost people a thing. Just a click. I can close the channel per vid, and ask money for it. For now It's free, and that's good. The adds pay my effort, so it's free. But I hate it when people think It's normal that some of us share. I don't see that happen often. Allot of people on this forum are happy with the thing I do. A simpel thank you isn't possible anymore? I find that lame. Most of the peeps here, do respect it, and they let me know. That gives a good feeling. But when people act like, FY, and you need to do it like this, or that... Nah! I share it like I want to do it, because I pit the effort in. If there not into Youtube.. To bad.I think its good you share with the people there are a lot that dont have time to try tunning or even know where to start. But its helping a lot of people out for sure and its good what your doing.

I tried sharing setups back in 2010 and only 2 guys could run my setups and match my times, and everyone else called BS, cuz they figured it would make them instantly #1 Theres no magical setup unless the setup menu is broken that will make you #1

When you get up to the maximum a car can run it starts getting into driver style and what enhances the certain drivers weak points, and maximizes there strong points.

But a very good base is great starting point to drive at a quick pace, and thats what they need to realize what your giving them at no cost!

MULTIVITZ
04-06-2015, 07:57
Don't we have the drivers network? Of don't that work yet? Shed any light anyone?
I like to watch a reply whilst I have my dinner. Kids like em too.

DarC
04-06-2015, 11:43

Ok dude, calm down.

Sorry, OP - Original Post

If not then no bother, good work btw.

Apoth
04-06-2015, 14:42
Jack, question for you on your setups. I just hit Formula A and have been struggling get my setup the way I like it. The biggest problem I've had is keeping the tires up to temp. I was beginning to think I might have been experiencing some glitch because my tires never stayed up to temp over the course of a race so I grabbed your Hockenheim tune and gave it a shot to see if that fixed the issue. While I like the tune, I still had trouble keeping the temps up. I eventually solved it by lowering tire pressures and driving more aggressively, but I found that I could never keep the tire temps up with your stock pressure of 145. After a few laps off the tire warmers, the temp just faded away and by the end of a 20 lap race, I'd have all 4 tires blue. I eventually got things to work with the front left being closer to 130 and the rest being in the 120s. Do you have any problems keeping your tires in the green with your setups?

Jack van Hees
04-06-2015, 14:47
Jack, question for you on your setups. I just hit Formula A and have been struggling get my setup the way I like it. The biggest problem I've had is keeping the tires up to temp. I was beginning to think I might have been experiencing some glitch because my tires never stayed up to temp over the course of a race so I grabbed your Hockenheim tune and gave it a shot to see if that fixed the issue. While I like the tune, I still had trouble keeping the temps up. I eventually solved it by lowering tire pressures and driving more aggressively, but I found that I could never keep the tire temps up with your stock pressure of 145. After a few laps off the tire warmers, the temp just faded away and by the end of a 20 lap race, I'd have all 4 tires blue. I eventually got things to work with the front left being closer to 130 and the rest being in the 120s. Do you have any problems keeping your tires in the green with your setups?

Hi there. Glad you like the setups. I really don't have problems with the temp. in the setups. Do you use controller, or a wheel? I'm always agressive in my driving style, and no assists on. Don't know if you drive with or without assists.

Apoth
04-06-2015, 15:15
I'm driving no assists with a wheel. Part of it, as I said, was my driving style. I couldn't push as hard in Formula B where I was playing previously so that style carried over to Formula A. Once I realized I could turn in later while going faster, it seemed to help.

*EDIT - I just went and looked at some of your videos to check out your driving style a little and noticed you have some of the issues I had in a couple of those videos. Check out this video at Brands Hatch (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoVNLbanBac) and this video at BRNO (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd7PoBECYGk). Your front left tire is starting to flicker to blue. This was how the issue always started with me. It would start to flicker blue as it approached the "cold" level then eventually hit solid blue as the race went on. You're obviously setting WR times so, it's not affecting you too much, but I wonder if you might be able to eek out some more time by playing with your pressures and keeping the temps a little higher.

Jack van Hees
04-06-2015, 16:26
I'm driving no assists with a wheel. Part of it, as I said, was my driving style. I couldn't push as hard in Formula B where I was playing previously so that style carried over to Formula A. Once I realized I could turn in later while going faster, it seemed to help.

*EDIT - I just went and looked at some of your videos to check out your driving style a little and noticed you have some of the issues I had in a couple of those videos. Check out this video at Brands Hatch (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoVNLbanBac) and this video at BRNO (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd7PoBECYGk). Your front left tire is starting to flicker to blue. This was how the issue always started with me. It would start to flicker blue as it approached the "cold" level then eventually hit solid blue as the race went on. You're obviously setting WR times so, it's not affecting you too much, but I wonder if you might be able to eek out some more time by playing with your pressures and keeping the temps a little higher.

I will look into it. Like I said, never have problems with the temp. Perhaps as you see, and show in my vid a flicker, but not more then that, otherwise I wouldn't be quick. I will digg deeper in the settings to see if I can get the temp. a bit higher. Thanks for the advice! It's a good thing that people like yourself think about the setups, and how to get them better. Have fun with the setups.

transfix
04-06-2015, 16:50
Hey Jack,

tried your BRNO setup and it was spot on! Thanks. Looking forward to trying the others out.

Jack van Hees
04-06-2015, 17:38
Hey Jack,

tried your BRNO setup and it was spot on! Thanks. Looking forward to trying the others out.

Thanks Transfix! Good to hear it works for you! That makes me happy. Make sure to subscribe to my youtube channel. ;)

transfix
05-06-2015, 12:48
Thanks Transfix! Good to hear it works for you! That makes me happy. Make sure to subscribe to my youtube channel. ;)

Done ;)

btw What is your racing setup? Fanatec, Thrustmaster,etc.

Jack van Hees
05-06-2015, 14:04
Done ;)

btw What is your racing setup? Fanatec, Thrustmaster,etc.

Thanks! Trustmaster T300RS. And you Transfix?

Jack van Hees
05-06-2015, 14:24
Setup Willow Springs. Pretty basic, but quick. 206265

http://youtu.be/Hr7b8U7tFJw Will tweak it further when I feel for it. Pretty lame track.

transfix
05-06-2015, 15:48
Thanks! Trustmaster T300RS. And you Transfix?

Fanatec CSW V2, Clubsport Pedals 1 (waiting for v2 to arrive), Xbox One wheel hub (waiting for delivery). I also have CSR Elite, PorscheWheel and a few others for my Fanatec collection ;)

Jack van Hees
05-06-2015, 15:55
Fanatec CSW V2, Clubsport Pedals 1 (waiting for v2 to arrive), Xbox One wheel hub (waiting for delivery). I also have CSR Elite, PorscheWheel and a few others for my Fanatec collection ;)

Sounds awesome! Daaamn! :p

transfix
05-06-2015, 16:01
Sounds awesome! Daaamn! :p

Just going crazy right now having to use a controller to play PCars.

DisagioAbbestia
05-06-2015, 17:28
I neew a motherfucking good wheel :frown-new:

Jack van Hees
05-06-2015, 17:32
I neew a motherfucking good wheel :frown-new:

Buy the T300RS wheel Disagio. It's payable, and I find it a great wheel. Has a bit the same feeling as the G27, Logitech.

DisagioAbbestia
05-06-2015, 17:49
Buy the T300RS wheel Disagio. It's payable, and I find it a great wheel. Has a bit the same feeling as the G27, Logitech.

Yeah, that's the wheel I'm trying to buy. I'm waiting for a friend who promise me to find one for 130€.
300 and more bucks for a peripheral is too much for me. It costs almost as much as the console

Jack van Hees
05-06-2015, 18:31
Yeah, that's the wheel I'm trying to buy. I'm waiting for a friend who promise me to find one for 130€.
300 and more bucks for a peripheral is too much for me. It costs almost as much as the console

I know mate, but the wheel,will last for at least 3-4 years. I still have my Logitch G27. Have that four about 5 years, and still like new. Never needed a fix, or whatever. Think the Thrustmaster is that solid too. Did over more then 200 hours now, and It's still perfect. People complain about the pedals, that it has bad "feeling". Don't see the problem. Perfect set, but that's my thought over the set. Willow Springs is on my channel Disagio. https://youtu.be/Hr7b8U7tFJw

Matt92
05-06-2015, 18:32
That is the wheel i want, also want the playseat. does anyone have it and if so is it any good?

Jack van Hees
05-06-2015, 20:12
That is the wheel i want, also want the playseat. does anyone have it and if so is it any good?

Look above your post, and take a look. Thrustmaster is good.

Matt92
05-06-2015, 20:19
Look above your post, and take a look. Thrustmaster is good.

Sorry I meant the playseat.

Jack van Hees
05-06-2015, 20:26
Sorry I meant the playseat.

Sorry mate, don't have it. I just put the wheel on my knees and drive. ;)

Matt92
06-06-2015, 11:30
Jack did you manage to do a setup for catalunya?

Jack van Hees
06-06-2015, 12:54
Jack did you manage to do a setup for catalunya?

Not yet Matt. Just finished Zolder. http://youtu.be/jWKFB_fqRoU

Really a great setup. Perfect balance in the car. No tricky rear end while braking full pull for the chicanes. I did a 1:10:4 without pushing, because I just had the setup like I want it. Think It's on WR level this setup. Give it a shot people!

Matt92
06-06-2015, 15:38
Not yet Matt. Just finished Zolder. http://youtu.be/jWKFB_fqRoU

Really a great setup. Perfect balance in the car. No tricky rear end while braking full pull for the chicanes. I did a 1:10:4 without pushing, because I just had the setup like I want it. Think It's on WR level this setup. Give it a shot people!

Went on zolder track. With standard settings I was getting around 1:25 but when I put yours in it was 1:18. Did do 1:17 but bloody lap was invaild from previous lap. Not quite your time but for me it was pretty good. I know I can go quicker. Its just trusting the car not spin out.

Jack van Hees
06-06-2015, 15:58
Went on zolder track. With standard settings I was getting around 1:25 but when I put yours in it was 1:18. Did do 1:17 but bloody lap was invaild from previous lap. Not quite your time but for me it was pretty good. I know I can go quicker. Its just trusting the car not spin out.

Specially the first sector is technical. If you get the first two corners wrong, you can forget a quick laptime. The Zolder track needs allot of laps before your gonna be quick on it. If you never have been driving it, it's gonna take you at least 25 laps too get a good feel for the track. And finding ritm is very hard on this stop, and go track. I know the track in real life, driven races on it.

Matt92
06-06-2015, 16:54
Specially the first sector is technical. If you get the first two corners wrong, you can forget a quick laptime. The Zolder track needs allot of laps before your gonna be quick on it. If you never have been driving it, it's gonna take you at least 25 laps too get a good feel for the track. And finding ritm is very hard on this stop, and go track. I know the track in real life, driven races on it.

I do like the track. I like zhuhai one as well. My brother hates it. Im Not a fan of nordschleife track though.

transfix
07-06-2015, 10:55
Spent the day at F1 quali, got home and first thing I did was fire up PCars. So wish they had Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in this game and a tune from Jack LOL

Jack van Hees
07-06-2015, 13:01
Spent the day at F1 quali, got home and first thing I did was fire up PCars. So wish they had Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in this game and a tune from Jack LOL

;) Thanks bro! Yeah Canada would be awesome! Hint at PCars. :rolleyes: Just broke the Zhuhai international WR record. I'm in a open practice lobby now. Feel free too join all! Please do! Just finished the setup. Only need too upload it to my channel. Stream is open too: http://www.twitch.tv/jackvanhees206508

Matt92
07-06-2015, 13:54
;) Thanks bro! Yeah Canada would be awesome! Hint at PCars. :rolleyes: Just broke the Zhuhai international WR record. I'm in a open practice lobby now. Feel free too join all! Please do! Just finished the setup. Only need too upload it to my channel. Stream is open too: http://www.twitch.tv/jackvanhees206508

Just done 1:18 on that track with standard setup. Don't know how much different it will be with yours but can't to find out.

Jack van Hees
07-06-2015, 15:07
Setup Zhuhai International: http://youtu.be/qCIJxBhW0VI Have fun with it! :cool:

Soeren Kolodziej
07-06-2015, 15:53
wow great managed 1:11.9 in 3rd lap potencial is 11.4 great setup m8 :triumphant:

Jack van Hees
07-06-2015, 16:02
wow great managed 1:11.9 in 3rd lap potencial is 11.4 great setup m8 :triumphant:

Thanks mate! Hope there isn't a problem with there beeing a bikini girls as start picture? Some forums have problems with it. Call it nude! ;)

Soeren Kolodziej
07-06-2015, 16:06
nice 1

Jack van Hees
07-06-2015, 16:09
nice 1

Great one! Did the same time in practice couple of minutes ago! Great, great job! Glad the setups works! ;)

donpost
07-06-2015, 20:57
Hi Jack, I just watched your "Formula A setup. First steps of getting a basic setup. " video it was really useful!

I have a quick question - how do you know when you have enough overall downforce?

Jack van Hees
07-06-2015, 21:24
Hi Jack, I just watched your "Formula A setup. First steps of getting a basic setup. " video it was really useful!

I have a quick question - how do you know when you have enough overall downforce?

Here comes Don ;) , that's a feel in combination of wat the record is. Something you will feel in your system. Eventually your gonna feel,when the car is at his max at certain points. I'm glad it's helping people, gives me so mjch pleasure. The setups, the vids.. You all really let me feel good guys. Need that. Thanks!

Jack van Hees
07-06-2015, 21:53
Still improving in practice. 206561 Wanna join practice? Send me a message at Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/jackvanhees

donpost
08-06-2015, 20:29
Just gave the Silverstone tune a go. I'm not really a Formula A driver but I have done many laps here with another tune so gave it a go. Well my previous time was a 1:34.7ish and my current best is now 1:33.1xx (this is without using KERS or DRS). I think that says it all lol. It was much more nimble, but also more stable. A hell of a lot better on the throttle (I could go full throttle through from turn 9 through club). I could push the car a lot harder without having to worry about it snapping on me, which made the world of difference.

I made a couple of tweaks for the time trial. Closed off the brake vent because I could barely heat the brakes as it was. Also lowered the tyre pressures at the front in because they were getting up to 260C but it didn't really help much. Lowered the rear pressures down to 1.28 or thereabouts trying to get them up to 245C but only reached 240C. Tyre temperatures seem to really matter. When I saw the brake balance of 65% I thought that might be too far forward but the brakes feel great. Noticeably shorter stopping distances and no fear of a snap spin at all.

Best of all the car was FUN to drive! I could see myself getting through a race without an off, which was out of the question before. Awesome tune :onthego: Thank you!!!!

Jack van Hees
08-06-2015, 22:21
Just gave the Silverstone tune a go. I'm not really a Formula A driver but I have done many laps here with another tune so gave it a go. Well my previous time was a 1:34.7ish and my current best is now 1:33.1xx (this is without using KERS or DRS). I think that says it all lol. It was much more nimble, but also more stable. A hell of a lot better on the throttle (I could go full throttle through from turn 9 through club). I could push the car a lot harder without having to worry about it snapping on me, which made the world of difference.

I made a couple of tweaks for the time trial. Closed off the brake vent because I could barely heat the brakes as it was. Also lowered the tyre pressures at the front in because they were getting up to 260C but it didn't really help much. Lowered the rear pressures down to 1.28 or thereabouts trying to get them up to 245C but only reached 240C. Tyre temperatures seem to really matter. When I saw the brake balance of 65% I thought that might be too far forward but the brakes feel great. Noticeably shorter stopping distances and no fear of a snap spin at all.

Best of all the car was FUN to drive! I could see myself getting through a race without an off, which was out of the question before. Awesome tune :onthego: Thank you!!!!

Great too hear! Tyrepressure is a problem for most of the people who use my sets. Wat you said, just lower them, but not too much. Personally I'm not thrilled with the Silverstone setup. Think I'm gonna rebuild that one this week, and upload it as a 2.0. Same I'm doing with the Spa setup, right now. Gonna upload that one tonight. Gonna be Spa 2.0 with perfect balance. Keep on racing, and thanks! Please subscribe if you didn't too my channel bro! ;)

DisagioAbbestia
09-06-2015, 00:06
Great too hear! Tyrepressure is a problem for most of the people who use my sets. Wat you said, just lower them, but not too much. Personally I'm not thrilled with the Silverstone setup. Think I'm gonna rebuild that one this week, and upload it as a 2.0. Same I'm doing with the Spa setup, right now. Gonna upload that one tonight. Gonna be Spa 2.0 with perfect balance. Keep on racing, and thanks! Please subscribe if you didn't too my channel bro! ;)

sounds reeeeeeeeeeally good

Jack van Hees
09-06-2015, 02:23
sounds reeeeeeeeeeally good

Spa 2.0 is finished Disagio. Uploading it in a couple of hours. :cool:

Matt92
09-06-2015, 03:45
Spa 2.0 is finished Disagio. Uploading it in a couple of hours. :cool:

Loving the setups. On zhuhai track I've got my time down from 1:18 down to 1:15. Loading ghost car has helped. On zolder its down to 1:14 which considering it was in the 1:20's before its pretty good for me at least. I'm just enjoying the challenge which is what its all about isn't it. I do have traction and stabilty control on, tried it without and was all over the place. My aim to get on first page on leaderboard. That would be great for me. Thanks for giving me that chance because without your setups there is no way I'd have that chance.

Jack van Hees
09-06-2015, 10:25
Loving the setups. On zhuhai track I've got my time down from 1:18 down to 1:15. Loading ghost car has helped. On zolder its down to 1:14 which considering it was in the 1:20's before its pretty good for me at least. I'm just enjoying the challenge which is what its all about isn't it. I do have traction and stabilty control on, tried it without and was all over the place. My aim to get on first page on leaderboard. That would be great for me. Thanks for giving me that chance because without your setups there is no way I'd have that chance.

Thank you Matt! I'm a sensitive/emontional person, so these words mean allot too me. And that's why I share my setups. It makes me really happy, that I'm helping people have fun with Project Cars, and get quicker too. Just keep the practice up Matt, and you will gain more speed. I'm "working" with allot of people in my online lobby's at the evenings, too help them improve. And they improve quite fast. It's so much fun too see people get faster every evening. Too bad you are on a different platform. Driving lines, braking points, apex moments are really important too. I'm trying too upload some online vids, so people can see wat my lines and breaking point are. But It's allot of work. And tuning, helping, and uploading my own laps. Just doing my best too have people get fun out of Project Cars. Thanks again Matt!

wilddag
09-06-2015, 10:44
Awesome Spa 2.0 setup, shaved a couple of seconds off my previous personal best and so far obtained a 1:46.5.

Thank you for sharing these with everybody.

Jack van Hees
09-06-2015, 10:56
Awesome Spa 2.0 setup, shaved a couple of seconds off my previous personal best and so far obtained a 1:46.5.

Thank you for sharing these with everybody.

Your welcome mate! And you have them a bit faster then the rest, because you practice with me. ;)

Here's the Spa 2.0 version people! https://youtu.be/LN2mMqacn9U Bet your gonna like this one. Thanks for all the positive reactions and messages. Amazing how much people are using my setups these days! Daaamn!
Be sure too subscribe to my channel. After have done most of the Formula A setups, I'm gonna "hit" the formula B, and the Lemans cars. So tune in! But I still got allot of work with the FA setups. :rolleyes: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3zbIJNVTTgG3gvyJUHRksQ

Kobus Maree
09-06-2015, 11:59
I have to agree with the other posters. These setups are fantastic.:yes:

Looking forward to the FB since it is a car that I have seldom driven, but it has awesome FFB and is very must a "forgotten gem"

Jack van Hees
09-06-2015, 13:30
I have to agree with the other posters. These setups are fantastic.:yes:

Looking forward to the FB since it is a car that I have seldom driven, but it has awesome FFB and is very must a "forgotten gem"

Thanks Kobus! Good too hear! Keep it up! ;) And subscribe too the channel please! ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3zbIJNVTTgG3gvyJUHRksQ

Hotty
09-06-2015, 14:50
Thank you Jack, I have a few of your setups tested for Formula A, I have to say they are great, I'm not the fastest driver but it is great fun for me.
I hope there are many great setups in the near future.
Many Thanks.Hotty.

Matt92
09-06-2015, 15:54
Jack do you use Kers and drs?

Jack van Hees
09-06-2015, 16:02
Thank you Jack, I have a few of your setups tested for Formula A, I have to say they are great, I'm not the fastest driver but it is great fun for me.
I hope there are many great setups in the near future.
Many Thanks.Hotty.

Thanks Hotty! I will be keeping the setups coming. You just keep in toich with my channel, and subscribe! ;)

Jack van Hees
09-06-2015, 16:03

Yes mate, I use both! I'm on twitch now, streaming. http://www.twitch.tv/jackvanhees

Jack van Hees
09-06-2015, 16:26

Yes mate, I use that. You really need it when it comes too beeing quick at a lap. I'm at Twitch right now. http://www.twitch.tv/jackvanhees Gonna be off for a moment at 19.00 becuase we need too eat. After that I'm online all night. Be back at 20.15 European time.

Jack van Hees
10-06-2015, 03:05
Setup Silverstone 2.0 is ready! I find it an awesome setup! Please try it! Hope you guys like it. Don't forget too support me, and subscribe to my youtube channel. https://youtu.be/3w1dHOaVXP8

Jack van Hees
10-06-2015, 12:43
Started too work on the Laguna Seca setup. Feel free tol watch me "work". Driving with no assists. http://www.twitch.tv/jackvanhees I will me on till 18.00 European time - Amsterdam. Back online at 20.00.

Matt92
10-06-2015, 14:23
Someone on another forum posted these settings for anyone struggling with their controller. Tried them and mine feels a lot better. Take note of old ones before you change them though just in case. Input Mode 3:
Steering Deadzone - 5
Steering Sensitivity - 5
Throttle Deadzone - 10
Throttle Sensitivity - 10
Brake Deadzone - 10
Brake Sensitivity - 15
Clutch Deadzone - 10
Clutch Sensitivity - 55
Speed Sensitivity - 65
Controller Filtering Sensitivity - 30
Force Feedback - 100”

felipeborges
10-06-2015, 16:02
Hey Jack,

Thanks for sharing that! I tried your setup for Hockenheim GP and was able to reduce a lot my time. Car is much better to drive now! Of course that some practice time also helped, but I reduced my time from 1:23:xxx to 1:18:181 (#46 on the leaderboard now). What you are doing for the folks here is awesome!

Matt92
10-06-2015, 16:21
Seriously annoying when engineer comes on radio telling me to cool brakes especially when I'm on a good lap and on a bend.

Jack van Hees
10-06-2015, 17:41
Hey Jack,

Thanks for sharing that! I tried your setup for Hockenheim GP and was able to reduce a lot my time. Car is much better to drive now! Of course that some practice time also helped, but I reduced my time from 1:23:xxx to 1:18:181 (#46 on the leaderboard now). What you are doing for the folks here is awesome!

Thanks Felipe! Great too hear it's helping you out. I will be coming with new setup, but also with 2.0 versions. Please check my youtube channel, and subscribe please. But I guess you already done that. Thanks!

Jack van Hees
10-06-2015, 17:42
Seriously annoying when engineer comes on radio telling me to cool brakes especially when I'm on a good lap and on a bend.

Open the breakducts a bit more mate. Then the problem will be solved.

Matt92
10-06-2015, 17:47
Open the breakducts a bit more mate. Then the problem will be solved.

Will do, thanks. Managed to get on the first page of leaderboard in 16th with 1:14: 491. Was determined to do that. Must of done about 300 laps on zhuhai.

Jack van Hees
10-06-2015, 18:34
Setup Laguna Seca is done! Check it out, and have fun! https://youtu.be/nY9Hb1vkYqc Please subscribe too my youtube, or Dailymotion channel. Thanks!

felipeborges
10-06-2015, 21:03
Thanks Felipe! Great too hear it's helping you out. I will be coming with new setup, but also with 2.0 versions. Please check my youtube channel, and subscribe please. But I guess you already done that. Thanks!

Yes, I've already done that! I'll stay tuned for the new setups and 2.0 versions!

Just tried your Imola setup still on Hockenheim GP and could reduce 0.500 - the car is more stable at the corner exit, specially for the low-speed turns.

Jack van Hees
11-06-2015, 16:24
Need to get something off my mind. I'm glad that people are going quick, and having fun with my setups. But please subscribe to my youtube channel. It's a small favor in return for all my efforts. I'm really thinking of making the channel only for subscribers because of that. On youtube I have tools wich provide me this information. So please think this over. Otherwise it's gonna be a subscribers only channel. Thanks!

Jack van Hees
11-06-2015, 18:49
Setup Nurnburgring GP is ready! Check it out! Hope you like it! http://youtu.be/gpRMrIp0LlI

darthmoul
12-06-2015, 13:36
Hi great setups !!!

do you have catalunya setup ???

greetings,

Marcel

Jack van Hees
12-06-2015, 15:41
Hi great setups !!!

do you have catalunya setup ???

greetings,

Marcel

Hey Marcel. No, not yet, still need to bet into that one. Trying tomdo it next week mate.

darthmoul
12-06-2015, 19:20
Hey Marcel. No, not yet, still need to bet into that one. Trying tomdo it next week mate.

ok, i will follow it.

i/m still drivng monaco with the 2.0 set up. ill push verry hard, but cant get under 1.20 !
practice make perfect.

greetings,

Marcel

Jack van Hees
12-06-2015, 20:54
ok, i will follow it.

i/m still drivng monaco with the 2.0 set up. ill push verry hard, but cant get under 1.20 !
practice make perfect.

greetings,

Marcel

Oke mate! And indeed bro, practice makes perfect. I will update Monaco next week, hoping.

Jack van Hees
13-06-2015, 16:05
Just made a basic setup for the RWD P30 LMP1 for Imola. Hope you like it. https://youtu.be/UA8Zz6s7-g0

Matt92
13-06-2015, 18:47
Just made a basic setup for the RWD P30 LMP1 for Imola. Hope you like it. https://youtu.be/UA8Zz6s7-g0

Just tried your setup on Monza. My time before it was 1:35 first lap with yours 1:29 and it wasn't a great a lap either. I appreciate everything you're doing and I'm sure everyone else does too.

Jack van Hees
13-06-2015, 21:14
Just tried your setup on Monza. My time before it was 1:35 first lap with yours 1:29 and it wasn't a great a lap either. I appreciate everything you're doing and I'm sure everyone else does too.

Great job mate! And thank you!

Jack van Hees
14-06-2015, 16:59
Setup Monza 2.0! Some updates, wich help. Check it out! https://youtu.be/JnKBX3acAtM

DisagioAbbestia
14-06-2015, 19:02
I saw you lowered your usual tires pressure (from 1,50 to 1,34) in your last videos. Are you using those values in all your actual setups?

Jack van Hees
14-06-2015, 19:31
I saw you lowered your usual tires pressure (from 1,50 to 1,34) in your last videos. Are you using those values in all your actual setups?

Yes, otherwise I don't upload the setups mate. But not in all the setups. I'm trying to getbthe tyres more on temp. , so the pressures are notbalways gonna be the same anymore. Wat I make for myself I share, that's the whole idea behind the uploading. I'm not faking people, but you know that. And I tweaked other things to.

DisagioAbbestia
14-06-2015, 21:17
Yes, otherwise I don't upload the setups mate. But not in all the setups. I'm trying to getbthe tyres more on temp. , so the pressures are notbalways gonna be the same anymore. Wat I make for myself I share, that's the whole idea behind the uploading. I'm not faking people, but you know that. And I tweaked other things to.

I know that pal! I was not accusing you, I just saw that you changed the tire pressure value that were constantly setted on 1,50 in your previous videous.
Just wanted to know if you're studying your new setups with this constant tire pressure or it was just a temporary change for that particular track.
I've always been grateful and I'll continue to do so :)

Jack van Hees
14-06-2015, 23:17
I know that pal! I was not accusing you, I just saw that you changed the tire pressure value that were constantly setted on 1,50 in your previous videous.
Just wanted to know if you're studying your new setups with this constant tire pressure or it was just a temporary change for that particular track.
I've always been grateful and I'll continue to do so :)

I know friend, but I needed to make myself clear for people that look atbthe posts. Not because of you mate. Yeah, I'm looking in the pressures. Gaines 1 sec. at Monza.

Jack van Hees
15-06-2015, 14:23
Just started to work on the Catalunya setup. This is the basic I created to work further and develop the setup. It's a great basic, and I'm working on a better one. I just wanted to furfill the ask for this setup. So here's the 1.0 version. Hoping to finish the 2.0 as quick as I can. Enjoy! http://youtu.be/Da_sGF-Bfh4

Matt92
15-06-2015, 14:49
Just started to work on the Catalunya setup. This is the basic I created to work further and develop the setup. It's a great basic, and I'm working on a better one. I just wanted to furfill the ask for this setup. So here's the 1.0 version. Hoping to finish the 2.0 as quick as I can. Enjoy! http://youtu.be/Da_sGF-Bfh4

Great news. Don't think my time on that was great, 1:35 I think. My brother did 1:25:250 without even trying. Gonna beat that if it takes all year.

After 6 laps got time down to 1:27. Still improving as well. Not been on the track that much so need to practice. And now I've beaten it after 12 laps. 1:25:139. Have since gone even quicker but it was invalid.

Jack van Hees
16-06-2015, 13:02
Working on a setup for Dubai International right now! Getting there. Feel free to watch me at:http://www.twitch.tv/jackvanhees

First setup is done for Dubai! There was a big demand for it, so I made the 1.0 version. Hoping to bring the 2.0 fast. Try it, and have fun! http://youtu.be/SnA3_RXzuRo

Matt92
16-06-2015, 16:01
Working on a setup for Dubai International right now! Getting there. Feel free to watch me at:http://www.twitch.tv/jackvanhees

First setup is done for Dubai! There was a big demand for it, so I made the 1.0 version. Hoping to bring the 2.0 fast. Try it, and have fun! http://youtu.be/SnA3_RXzuRo

Fantastic. Love that track. Isn't it one of the fictional ones? Lap times have come down for me. Started off 1:24 until I got used to it. Down to 1:16:119 now. Used a ghost car that preferred to cut most of the corners. Beat it though.

Jack van Hees
16-06-2015, 18:24
Fantastic. Love that track. Isn't it one of the fictional ones? Lap times have come down for me. Started off 1:24 until I got used to it. Down to 1:16:119 now. Used a ghost car that preferred to cut most of the corners. Beat it though.

Almost the setup for Dubai GP ready. ;)