PDA

View Full Version : Button Mapping

BatteredSav
27-05-2015, 10:54
I don't suppose SMS could use their status as game developers to put pressure on Thrustmaster and Microsoft to support Individual button mapping for their wheels. Namely the TX wheel. I understand that this isn't the biggest issue at the moment but just knowing that we will get better button mapping in the future would put my mind at ease.

mkstatto
27-05-2015, 11:46
I don't suppose SMS could use their status as game developers to put pressure on Thrustmaster and Microsoft to support Individual button mapping for their wheels. Namely the TX wheel. I understand that this isn't the biggest issue at the moment but just knowing that we will get better button mapping in the future would put my mind at ease.

I liked the idea someone else had in another thread as potential workaround by SMS whilst pressure is put on the manufacturers, it was to use a button as a modifer so you would use it conjunction with other button e.g. A + X could give you rear view. It would work much in the same way as something like Fifa LB+A (pass). It could mean you could reconfigure your whole wheel.

SN1P3R SK33T
27-05-2015, 19:35
If you haven't already, vote for this on the Xbox feedback site. Currently its the 4th hottest idea in it's category:

http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251650-console-accessories/suggestions/7882929-allow-wheels-to-have-more-buttons

hawlbucker
27-05-2015, 20:42
I dont know why i cant utilize my keyboard to map buttons on my ps4 to Pcars. i tried and every key i tried to map for in my case was trying to get the seat adjustment to work to no avail.. the game sees my keyboard. i can use the left, right ,up ,down and enter to navigate through the settings, button mapping page etc. with keyboard, so pcars see it but says all keys are mapped,. if anyone figures out how to utilize the keyboard long side my controller please let me know ok. i tried but was unsuccessful maybe i wasnt doing something right. maybe one of you would have better luck. cause i thought hey i dont need to re map buttons on my controller i will just use some keys on my wireless keyboard.. it says:"multiple inputs were detected. no action was assigned."

Dynomight Motorsports
27-05-2015, 22:09
It would be great if Project Cars didn't force us to map the Handbrake, and Kers. I don't drive Road Cars, and I don't use Formula One cars. So KERs is completely useless. At least Handbrake doubles as a clutch. But I would like to see Brake Bias and Roll-Bars Patched as Menus where you can adjust them Up and down after pressing the button. That would fix a lot of stuff!!!:D

thisisbleep
28-05-2015, 01:33
It would be great if Project Cars didn't force us to map the Handbrake, and Kers. I don't drive Road Cars, and I don't use Formula One cars. So KERs is completely useless. At least Handbrake doubles as a clutch. But I would like to see Brake Bias and Roll-Bars Patched as Menus where you can adjust them Up and down after pressing the button. That would fix a lot of stuff!!!:D

You can put those on the left and right analogue stick "clicks".

BatteredSav
28-05-2015, 02:47
You can put those on the left and right analogue stick "clicks".The thrustmaster wheel wont allow it for some reason. In game it sees those buttons as LB and RB.