PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Disappointed With Tuning Options?

C4RL05_D4NG3R
27-05-2015, 12:18
As the title states, I am pretty disappointed with the amount of control you have when it comes to tuning. Asymmetrical tuning is a cool idea, and gives us more things to play with, but many of these things only have 5 "ticker" settings or less. It seems like you only have full control over the accel and decel diff settings, and I was wondering if anyone else is disappointed with this like I am.

danowat
27-05-2015, 12:26
As the title states, I am pretty disappointed with the amount of control you have when it comes to tuning. Asymmetrical tuning is a cool idea, and gives us more things to play with, but many of these things only have 5 "ticker" settings or less. It seems like you only have full control over the accel and decel diff settings, and I was wondering if anyone else is disappointed with this like I am.

No, they are realistic tuning options, being able to tune everything to the nth degree in many race sims always bugged me.

Bealdor
27-05-2015, 12:28
Could you post an example what tuning options are not sufficiant enough?

FYI GT3 cars are built after FIA homologation rules that heavily restricts their gearboxes for example. This is reflected in the game by limiting the adjustability of the gear ratios.

dyr_gl
27-05-2015, 12:31
No. Itīs the first time in a console game that setup responds OK, and itīs not a case of "move this slider here to go faster".

wraithsrike
27-05-2015, 12:32

What do you feel is missing?

I feel personally the options are plenty, if your started to add to much people would only complain it was to complicated.

Pink_650S
27-05-2015, 12:34
Could you post an example what tuning options are not sufficiant enough?

FYI GT3 cars are built after FIA homologation rules that heavily restricts their gearboxes for example. This is reflected in the game by limiting the adjustability of the gear ratios.

Uh, now is my chance to ask a question l've wanted to ask for a long time, without having to create a new thread :p

Why is it that my car has a slower acceleration, although l made the gears shorter? Shouldnt that make my car faster when coming out of slow corners?

danowat
27-05-2015, 12:36
Uh, now is my chance to ask a question l've wanted to ask for a long time, without having to create a new thread :p

Why is it that my car has a slower acceleration, although l made the gears shorter? Shouldnt that make my car faster when coming out of slow corners?

Making your gears shorter will just mean that you'll be in a higher gear for any given speed, doesn't magically make your car more powerful or quicker.

Only really makes a difference if the gear you were selecting for the corner before changing it was too high.

FA RACING 01
27-05-2015, 12:43
No disappointment.

JDFSSS
27-05-2015, 13:58
I was happy when I saw the tuning options. Was hoping it wouldn't be like gran turismo (too simple), and it's not. The tuning options are great for me.

wobbly
27-05-2015, 14:04
Are you clicking the left and right arrows on the set up pages on the light grey bar near the top right? If you scroll left and right there's load of set up changes you can make. However, I'm not sure what it's like on XBONE.

LordDRIFT
27-05-2015, 14:13
I think OP is talking about fine tuning of the options (smaller intervals).

k.merse
27-05-2015, 14:21
I'm perfectly fine with the tuning options. The only thing it needs time to adjusted to is the slider-type tuning instead of clicking on arrows or + -.

Niveous21
27-05-2015, 16:51
I love the tuning options. I love that different cars have different tuning capabilities. As others have stated, it's not necessarily realistic to be able to adjust certain settings to an exact number. Gear ratios are a perfect example.

C4RL05_D4NG3R
27-05-2015, 18:10

yes, this is exactly what I mean. thank you

dustyjo
27-05-2015, 18:13
afaik there's a bug with the menus when using a controller where there's certain scroll steps that are unselectable. I've heard that people on console can't select "sync to race" in the weather options for quick race after they deselect it.

dyr_gl
27-05-2015, 19:42
Same with lots of other sliders. Sometimes one click takes you from 11 litres of fuel to 13 when the rest of the scale is always one litre changes. Also sometimes one more click doesnīt change a value, then next click changes it in a bigger interval.

Like: Brake bias: 55-45. Click left, still same. Click left, 58-42.:confused:

LADY GEMMA JANE
27-05-2015, 20:08
Tuning is fine

Yorkie065
27-05-2015, 21:36

yes, this is exactly what I mean. thank you

yeh, it's based off real world values and what is allowed by the rules for that specific car or car class/ discipline. The cars at the top end of the performance spectrum, such as the LMP1's and Formula A cars have much smaller intervals with their tuning options so you can refine them a lot more. But as you move down the performance spectrum towards the road cars, the options you have for refinement get smaller and you get the bigger intervals until there's only a few options available for the basic road cars.

Also note that because these are real world settings, things like wing angles where you can set them to '0', don't mean you'll have 0 downforce. It's basically the shallowest angle the wing can be set to. Hope this helps.

OpticalHercules
27-05-2015, 21:57
My biggest complaint about tuning is car setup vs pit strategy. The tires specifically... I know .01bar is not a tremendous amount of variation, but it would be nice if the pit strategy options lined up with the tuning options. For example: your tune's tire pressures are set to 1.60/1.68 f/r, but there is no option to set your pit strategy tires to those exact amounts, rather you have to set them to 1.59/1.67. It's definitely not game breaking, it's just a bit of an OCD annoyance that things can't be perfect.

I know there's a bug with fueling on a pit stop where sometimes the car will get no fuel, will sometimes be fueled to the point where the slider is set (you have 10L into pit, strat says 18L, and you leave pit with 18L), other times will add the slider amount of fuel to your current level (enter pit with 10L, slider set to 18L. leave pit with 28L), and sometimes the game doesn't care what your slider is set to, you're leaving the pit with 105L of fuel in a car with a max fill of 90L.

dustyjo
27-05-2015, 21:59
yeh, it's based off real world values and what is allowed by the rules for that specific car or car class/ discipline. The cars at the top end of the performance spectrum, such as the LMP1's and Formula A cars have much smaller intervals with their tuning options so you can refine them a lot more. But as you move down the performance spectrum towards the road cars, the options you have for refinement get smaller and you get the bigger intervals until there's only a few options available for the basic road cars.

Also note that because these are real world settings, things like wing angles where you can set them to '0', don't mean you'll have 0 downforce. It's basically the shallowest angle the wing can be set to. Hope this helps.

It's part that, and part the fact that the sliders don't work properly with a controller.

thisisbleep
28-05-2015, 01:04
Ian has commented that they are thinking of reducing the interval sizes for tuning in the consoles, but it will never be the same as the PC version because it would be too difficult with the controller to change things in increments of 1 when the scale is 1-100 etc.

dustyjo
28-05-2015, 04:20
Ian has commented that they are thinking of reducing the interval sizes for tuning in the consoles, but it will never be the same as the PC version because it would be too difficult with the controller to change things in increments of 1 when the scale is 1-100 etc.

Have the analog stick move the slider quickly, and the D-Pad move the slider in increments of one.