PDA

View Full Version : GT3 thunderstorm tire setup

Lagoa
27-05-2015, 12:37
So I started my first GT3 season with the McLaren. It's pretty awesome. I put the AI at 90% en finish top 3.
But now I've got a race in a thunderstorm at Watkins Glen. I've tried several tire setups but to me this is impossible.. Maybe 1 lap I can race without spinning out.. And if I drive any slower I end up last, seeing the AI doesnt have any problems taking turns in the rain.

Only solution I'm seeing at the moment is putting the AI at 50% or something...
Is there something I'm missing here? Maybe change the tire pressures? What is the best tire setup? It is 12 laps and I can't even drive 2 laps without crashing.. It's that difficult.. :P

Pink_650S
27-05-2015, 12:40
Yes, you are missing that the AI isnt affected by rain :(
This will be fixed though.

Lagoa
27-05-2015, 13:03
Yes, you are missing that the AI isnt affected by rain :(
This will be fixed though.

So rain tires with normal pressure (1.90) is still the best way to go?? So it is actually that hard to drive in the rain?? :S

Pink_650S
28-05-2015, 06:42
I think you didnt get my point.
The AI doesnt lose grip in the rain, they keep driving as if was dry asphalt.

Lagoa
29-05-2015, 10:36
I think you didnt get my point.
The AI doesnt lose grip in the rain, they keep driving as if was dry asphalt.

I think we're not getting eachothers point. I know the AI is not enough affected by the rain. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about my car being insane difficult to drive in the thunderstorm. I mean not being able taking one decent turn.. Can't image this is the way they intented.. Something must be off :P

Pink_650S
29-05-2015, 11:04
I never raced in the rain st Watkins Glen. Maybe it has something to do with the surface of the track?
Ever tried going on another track with rain? :)

Lagoa
29-05-2015, 11:57
I never raced in the rain st Watkins Glen. Maybe it has something to do with the surface of the track?
Ever tried going on another track with rain? :)

I think normal rain is reasonable dirvable. Maybe it is because of the thunderstorm.. Because after lap 3 I noticed it was raining a little less and allready was the car much more drivable. But the beginning with the actual thunderstorm is impossible to drive.. You get P24 instantly. And later in that race it starts raining heavy again. So again impossible to drive. Can some1 confirm this is normal design? Or is something wrong? I mean I take a corner at 70kph and just spinn to the rails everytime.