PDA

View Full Version : 3 screen display only possible with pc?

LextersQuest
27-05-2015, 12:51
Hi sometime i see videos on youtube with a setup with 3 screens.
I gues this is only possible with the pc version ofcorse.?

Im not good with all this hardware and software.
Do you need a special setup for this?
Could someone using it put a small list what needed so i can look up prices in my local stores.
Thanks

Max Kelly
27-05-2015, 12:52
yes only PC

you need a video card that supports this feature.

LextersQuest
27-05-2015, 13:03
yes only PC

you need a video card that supports this feature.

Trying to make a list to build a game pc but not to familiar with all the different components one can choose.

Ryno917
27-05-2015, 13:07
Hi sometime i see videos on youtube with a setup with 3 screens.
I gues this is only possible with the pc version ofcorse.?

Im not good with all this hardware and software.
Do you need a special setup for this?
Could someone using it put a small list what needed so i can look up prices in my local stores.
Thanks

Yes, only PC.

The only console games I know that support 3 screens are the two latest GT games - and you need a console for each screen. Console games are designed to use pretty much all of the console's resources for one screen, they just simply aren't powerful enough to handle three screens.

LextersQuest
27-05-2015, 13:15
Yes, only PC.

The only console games I know that support 3 screens are the two latest GT games - and you need a console for each screen. Console games are designed to use pretty much all of the console's resources for one screen, they just simply aren't powerful enough to handle three screens.

Totally understandeble. I will be saving up for a decent setup for future pc racing.

MysterG
27-05-2015, 13:20
Trying to make a list to build a game pc but not to familiar with all the different components one can choose.

If you are wanting to run 3 screen then a minimum GTX970 or 980 is your best bet graphics wise, because you will be running a much higher resolution, and will not be wanting to turn down the details too much to get it smooth.
Other than that, the most powerful CPU you can afford i7 or i5

Do you have a budget? That will be the limiting factor most likely.

Max Kelly
27-05-2015, 13:22
You can also fit a 780 Ti

LextersQuest
27-05-2015, 13:29
If you are wanting to run 3 screen then a minimum GTX970 or 980 is your best bet graphics wise, because you will be running a much higher resolution, and will not be wanting to turn down the details too much to get it smooth.
Other than that, the most powerful CPU you can afford i7 or i5

Do you have a budget? That will be the limiting factor most likely.

Yes that the factor that will decide wen i can go for it. Lets say starting budget of 1000euro (not including the screens)

Bealdor
27-05-2015, 13:32
Yes that the factor that will decide wen i can go for it. Lets say starting budget of 1000euro (not including the screens)

Look at my signature. That rig cost me ~1100€ here in Germany. You could choose a cheaper CPU maybe to be able to buy a GTX980.

LextersQuest
27-05-2015, 13:44
Look at my signature. That rig cost me ~1100€ here in Germany. You could choose a cheaper CPU maybe to be able to buy a GTX980.

Is that the Main rig? And that price is without the screens?

Bealdor
27-05-2015, 13:46
Is that the Main rig? And that price is without the screens?

Yes and yes.

It's only the rig without mouse, keyboard and speakers.

LextersQuest
27-05-2015, 13:53
Yes and yes.

It's only the rig without mouse, keyboard and speakers.

Cool thanks. Ill note that list down and check local shops. If it stays around that price i will be giving myself a complete setup (included with 3 screens and playseat) present for christmas.

Howie
27-05-2015, 14:17

For your first gaming PC. I recommend ordering a pre-built one on line from a boutique builder like "Cyberpowerpc". I bought one from them years ago. And still use that case. Though it has been upgraded by me many times. They put all the components together, (which they get way cheaper than retail), thoroughly test them for you, and will even Overclock them for you! There are other builders, search for them. Some are also listed at PC hardware suppliers, like Tiger Direct, Newegg, even Best Buy, sells Alienware. Alienware is a more expensive brand. Remember, the most important part of buy from a company like Cyberpowerpc, is they test all the hardware (final build) before they send it to you. If you buy your own components, there is a slight failure rate of new parts. And you probably aren't expert enough to find that problem. And end up with a underperform or even failed build. One other problem of building your own. Not all parts are compatible, not all parts are well made, etc. So you have to research everything yourself. Unless you can just copy someone else's.

LextersQuest
27-05-2015, 15:33
For your first gaming PC. I recommend ordering a pre-built one on line from a boutique builder like "Cyberpowerpc". I bought one from them years ago. And still use that case. Though it has been upgraded by me many times. They put all the components together, (which they get way cheaper than retail), thoroughly test them for you, and will even Overclock them for you! There are other builders, search for them. Some are also listed at PC hardware suppliers, like Tiger Direct, Newegg, even Best Buy, sells Alienware. Alienware is a more expensive brand. Remember, the most important part of buy from a company like Cyberpowerpc, is they test all the hardware (final build) before they send it to you. If you buy your own components, there is a slight failure rate of new parts. And you probably aren't expert enough to find that problem. And end up with a underperform or even failed build. One other problem of building your own. Not all parts are compatible, not all parts are well made, etc. So you have to research everything yourself. Unless you can just copy someone else's.

Indeed something to look into. No experience with building a comp so. Ill have a look at those companies and see what one offers good service.
Thanks for the tip;)