PDA

View Full Version : what's going on with the pit strategy screen?!

doyley101
27-05-2015, 13:33
Title says it all really, why can I pick any compound with any car, why can't I keep my tire pressures thr same unless I remember what I was running and change it manually, and why can't I see how long repairs will take? (Or even what needs repairing)

The whole system just seems really broken to me.

JDFSSS
27-05-2015, 13:39
Title says it all really, why can I pick any compound with any car, why can't I keep my tire pressures thr same unless I remember what I was running and change it manually, and why can't I see how long repairs will take? (Or even what needs repairing)

The whole system just seems really broken to me.

good questions. it seems you need to make a pit strategy before every race and make sure you put in the correct values for your tire pressure. then you have to make sure you save it and select it as an active pit strategy. after that, i'm still not sure if it works or if it resets.

as for the tire compounds available to choose, i have no idea why it's like that.

Toxic
27-05-2015, 14:12
It is nice you can have multiple strategies for different tracks combined with different cars. Eg Wet and Dry race transitions.

However the tire pressures not defaulting to the current settings in the tune is a pain.

Sure that will be fixed.

Bealdor
27-05-2015, 14:14
It is nice you can have multiple strategies for different tracks combined with different cars. Eg Wet and Dry race transitions.

However the tire pressures not defaulting to the current settings in the tune is a pain.

Sure that will be fixed.

It is already:

Project CARS – Xbox One Patch 1.3 - Fixed Issues

Pitstops:
* Pitstop strategy will now use the actual bar value for tyre pressures.
* Fixed an issue where the Pit engineer would repeatedly inform the player that a pit crew member has lost a wheel nut during pit stops.
* Fixed an issue where the Pit Engineer would call the player to stop for fuel when fuel consumption was disabled in options.

:)

lordymatsuo
27-05-2015, 15:10
Why are we able to select 4 different tyre compounds for for each tyre? I just don't understand why you would put different compounds on each corner of the car?

Bigger Than Dave
27-05-2015, 15:16
Why are we able to select 4 different tyre compounds for for each tyre? I just don't understand why you would put different compounds on each corner of the car?

Well most tracks are going to wear each tyre differently to some degree. To try and get even wear whilst maintaining as much grip as possible across all four tyres a mix of compounds could be the way to go.

Umer Ahmad
27-05-2015, 15:22

read (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28062-One-tire-getting-over-heated-no-matter-how-high-the-tire-pressure-is&p=946746&viewfull=1#post946746)

cerbrus2
27-05-2015, 15:23
Well most tracks are going to wear each tyre differently to some degree. To try and get even wear whilst maintaining as much grip as possible across all four tyres a mix of compounds could be the way to go.

In theory it makes sense especially on ovals, having a harder outside tyre compound to take All the weight and heat of the cornering. But in practice it makes for a very unstable car and extremely unpredictable car. and as such the compounds are never mixed.

dyr_gl
27-05-2015, 15:28
It is all a big convoluted mess. There´s no way to adjust everything you would want before arriving to the pitbox in an online race, the strategies clutter and the game creates new ones with absurd names (their name is the first part of a career e-mail:eek-new:).

They should totally rework this. A function to alter the next stop work WHILE DRIVING is needed. No amount of presets will ever cover everything that can happen during a race.

A button would open a small window operated through D-pad to select next compound and fuel load, then the same button would close the menu when needed and D-pad would recover assignated fucntion.

Toxic
27-05-2015, 15:54
It is already:

Im on PC and that is not working. Have added a post to the support forum to see if anyone else notices it.

Francorchamps
27-05-2015, 16:22
I agree that the strategy window is a mess. You can't pick a favorite or adjust the sorting of pit strategies. You can't set up multiple pit strategies for one session. The pit strategy window is much too basic.

And yes I would also prefer a D-pad menu like in the CM F1 games.

dyr_gl
27-05-2015, 16:40
I would never thought I would miss anything from these F1 games, but yeah, strategy was much more intuitive. Both setting a preset before the race and switching on the go.

We need a function to change this stuff while driving.

Yorkie065
27-05-2015, 16:48
I agree that the strategy window is a mess. You can't pick a favorite or adjust the sorting of pit strategies. You can't set up multiple pit strategies for one session. The pit strategy window is much too basic.

And yes I would also prefer a D-pad menu like in the CM F1 games.

I also agree and it is one of the let down features for the game for me at the moment. There is a lot of potential with the feature as it can be very useful and play a significant part in endurance races, or races with changeable conditions if it were to work as intended. It could do with a good look at and tweaking a number of aspects to refine the options and the way it works.

Also, a similar system to the Codies F1 games D-pad system mentioned in the quote would be a fantastic addition. Fiddling with your strategy whilst driving preparing for a stop would be a great challenge, but it would need to be done right so it isn't too complicated and detracts from the racing when you need to focus.

mcarver2000
28-05-2015, 13:52
This does not appear to be the case for the PC. The bar pressures are still not linked to setup. Not only that, the is a tire (I think it's one of the rear tires), where one can not select certain bar pressures (even when available in the general setup). Off the top of my head it's some where in the 1.30 - 1.33 range.

EDIT: Actually in pit strategy the bar pressure for each tire can not be fine-tuned like general setup, it skips certain increments.

It is already:

Project CARS – Xbox One Patch 1.3 - Fixed Issues

Pitstops:
* Pitstop strategy will now use the actual bar value for tyre pressures.