PDA

View Full Version : So what is to be expected from future updates?

Francorchamps
27-05-2015, 13:53
This is not a thread demanding an update or a date when it is coming out or DLC or the Wii U version. I wanted to know what officially will be updated. From what I can understand in various threads the developers want to add and fix stuff. I suppose there is stuff that will be fixed soon and other stuff that will take longer. Also stuff might possible be added that didn't make it in the final build.

So my question is: what's on the roadmap?

wraithsrike
27-05-2015, 13:55
What do I expect from future updates? More moaning.

Francorchamps
27-05-2015, 14:04
No speculation please. Only facts :)

Toxic
27-05-2015, 14:06
The product will be supported for 2 years in all.

A quick search on the forum will tell you what is currently being worked on from a fix perspective.

It is safe to say cars, tracks and game modes will be added at various points.

What and when is still to be announced i believe.

MULTIVITZ
27-05-2015, 14:09
Lol ever the optimist. Thats why I went ps4. I will miss Halo though:apologetic:
The games a blank canvas, have a read of the ultimate suggestion thread and vote up your favs, then add new ones after you've done some searching to save you looking a muppet.(something furry harmless and very annoying lol) check the sites news section regularly. But there is a master list of suggestions or something.

Francorchamps
27-05-2015, 14:10
But can't there be a thread that has a roadmap of some kind? Have you seen the amount of threads this forum has? I have been reading various threads about issues and after a while false information is added just for fun. It is also hard to get track of what is real issue and what is not considered to be issue. A roadmap would make it much more easy for a lot of folks.

The games a blank canvas, have a read of the ultimate suggestion thread and vote up your favs, then add new ones after you've done some searching to save you looking a muppet.(something furry harmless and very annoying lol) check the sites news section regularly. But there is a master list of suggestions or something.

The ultimate suggestion thread is pure speculation. A thread where dreams come to fruition but I would like to see a realistic roadmap. Not some suggestion box :smug:

MULTIVITZ
27-05-2015, 14:15
Trust me. The improvements made already on my ps4 version are good. Its upto the network provider to get it implemented timely.

MULTIVITZ
27-05-2015, 14:16
Go to the 'ultimate suggestion' thread and all will become clear.

Francorchamps
27-05-2015, 14:18
I really don't care about your surgestion box, Sheldon.

wraithsrike
27-05-2015, 14:18
Double post

wraithsrike
27-05-2015, 14:20
No speculation please. Only facts :)
Your title is what do we expect, how can we not but only speculate? If your working for SMS you might be able to post facts

And my answer was an honest one and most likely a fact.

k.merse
27-05-2015, 14:20
2 years all, huh? Sorry but that's not what the staff previously promised us. I remember when some staff member said that a game is not something to throw away right after it is completed but a platform to work and expand on. Giving just 2 years of support is barely better than what Codemasters does with its F1 series...

Francorchamps
27-05-2015, 14:23
Well i'm not from SMS so I am asking on the SMS forum if a roadmap can be provided.

Francorchamps
27-05-2015, 14:24
2 years all, huh? Sorry but that's not what the staff previously promised us. I remember when some staff member said that a game is not something to throw away right after it is completed but a platform to work and expand on. Giving just 2 years of support is barely better than what Codemasters does with its F1 series...

Codemasters gives 6 months support at most.

wraithsrike
27-05-2015, 14:28
Well i'm not from SMS so I am asking on the SMS forum if a roadmap can be provided.

Your title : so what is to be expected from future updates?

I answered.

You ask what would be on the road map you didn't ask if one was going to be provided ;-)

How can anyone other then the developers answer with facts?

Cuba
27-05-2015, 14:29
Now watch this thread blow up :dejection:

Rug22
27-05-2015, 14:29
Codemasters gives 6 months support at most.

6 months, are you having a giraffe :p

2014 didn't get patched even though it was broken.

2013 had 1 patch I think

2012 brought the lag bubble and 1 patch

2011 had 1 patch to try and fix lag by reducing who people could speak to, and brought invisible walls which they didn't know about or how to fix.

If SMS only supported the game for 6 months and patched things it'd be way better than what we've been used to getting :)

wraithsrike
27-05-2015, 14:32
Now watch this thread blow up :dejection:

This.
Threads like these cause nothing but trouble and are mostly pointless as most of the available information is readily available throughout the forum.

Umer Ahmad
27-05-2015, 14:34
So my question is: what's on the roadmap?
How much detail you want?

You want to know EXACTLY which cars/tracks will be released on their EXACT dates? You don't want any surprises? You want to know the FULL roadmap, every detail, for the next 2 years...and you want all this information TODAY?

Just trying to understand your request.

Generally, they are mostly focused on bug fixes right now but the WMD people know also they are working on new content (cars/tracks) --WMD people, it is to remain private please. But even WMD people do NOT know the exact dates of anything and probably we will not know the EXACT dates of anything until it is announced by SMS. All we know is SMS is looking to provide long term support (up to 2 years new content and bug fixes) for this game.

Right now there is no more information than this.

Siberian Tiger
27-05-2015, 14:36
We wrote 2 Years at last...

If you don't have a Monthly Subscription Model like iRacing, no one would be able to work longer than a given Time on a Product.
(How you would Pay your Coder etc?)

danowat
27-05-2015, 14:42
I'll be honest, I'll be surprised if this game gets content updates and patches for two years.........

wraithsrike
27-05-2015, 14:44
I'll be honest, I'll be surprised if this game gets content updates and patches for two years.........

And so it begins :-(

danowat
27-05-2015, 14:48
Not bashing or moaning, just my opinion, makes very little commercial sense (to me anyway) to support a game for two years, especially if said game isn't a service.

Francorchamps
27-05-2015, 14:49
How much detail you want?

You want to know EXACTLY which cars/tracks will be released on their EXACT dates? You don't want any surprises? You want to know the FULL roadmap, every detail, for the next 2 years...and you want all this information TODAY?

Just trying to understand your request.

Generally, they are mostly focused on bug fixes right now but the WMD people know also they are working on new content (cars/tracks) --WMD people, it is to remain private please. But even WMD people do NOT know the exact dates of anything and probably we will not know the EXACT dates of anything until it is announced by SMS. All we know is SMS is looking to provide long term support (up to 2 years new content and bug fixes) for this game.

Right now there is no more information than this.

No I don't want to know everything. I don't want spoilers for nice surprises. :cool:And I'm not implying a roadmap should fill 2 years of support. I think a roadmap for the next 3 to 6 months. I can imagine it's difficult to post such a roadmap but it would give an overview and might also reduce the "i want to have this problem fixed right now" threads. People can see that problem X is being dealt with.

There are so many threads to read and you have to distinguish reality from wishes. It might take the stress out of some conversations.

danowat
27-05-2015, 14:50
In the voice of Paddy Ashdown....

If this game is supported for two years, I'll eat my hat!

:D

Umer Ahmad
27-05-2015, 14:57
No I don't want to know everything. I don't want spoilers for nice surprises. :cool:And I'm not implying a roadmap should fill 2 years of support. I think a roadmap for the next 3 to 6 months. I can imagine it's difficult to post such a roadmap but it would give an overview and might also reduce the "i want to have this problem fixed right now" threads. People can see that problem X is being dealt with.

There are so many threads to read and you have to distinguish reality from wishes. It might take the stress out of some conversations.
OK, well really we non-SMS people do not have a 3-6 month roadmap like this available today. We do know that SMS intends to put new cars to the community *every month*. This was announced on Twitter I think before launch. So new car(s) every month is something we can rely on. Separately, we have these "bug fix" patches, really I don't know the frequency we can expect for this. For PC, faster. Consoles, less fast as there are more participants than only SMS.

Sorry man, I realize you are asking for much more information but really we don't have anything beyond this right now.

Francorchamps
27-05-2015, 15:02
I understand. Thanks for the reply