PDA

View Full Version : Which Track do you test on?

jimmyb_84
27-05-2015, 15:18
Hi all,

Interested to see if you guys test track specific or always go back to a solid base and a track you can drive consistently.

For Le Mans test do you text at Monza or Spa rather than doing 4min laps?
or Imola for testing curbs?

cheers

Jake Fangio
27-05-2015, 17:04
Oulton park international.It has a plenty of undulations, off and on camber corners and a few straights.Its also laser scanned so its pretty accurate to the real thing.Its only a shortish lap,so quicker lap times come around quicker.Monza is four straights with a couple of corners on it,so its unique in this day and age.Its good for top speed setups though,its a classic and a joy to drive.;)

Mattias
27-05-2015, 18:33
I do track specific tunes.
Each track requires different tunes because each track has different amount of corners and/or straights.
Not to mention there are a wide variety of corners.

And then comes the different kind of weathers, that also requires different tunes.

MULTIVITZ
27-05-2015, 19:14
Norschleift is a difficult one to setup on, but is full of lovely bends from most tracks. Its no good if you want a low slung missile, but I find the Ring helps dial the dampers in for brutal driving. The tyres are your connection to the ground, different temps, different pressures, can play havoc when searching for grip in a new location. Pick a track you enjoy driving and go from there, a track that used to host the car would be ideal. Wiki has info.

Diablo944
27-05-2015, 19:17
Donington gp. Chicane and 180 segments along with gradient issues.

mister dog
27-05-2015, 19:22
I always go for short tracks so it's faster to compare lap times after making a change, my go to track in GT and FM was Tsukuba and in AC i used Magione because those have high kerbs, slow corners to test under/oversteer and a couple of fast ones to test downforce.

Haven't found a layout that suits that description in PCARS so far, but i'm sure i'll find one soon :)

Equation
27-05-2015, 19:47
Every track own setup. That's because there is very much difference between each tracks and cars.

MULTIVITZ
31-05-2015, 10:47
I just found how smooth the Dubia one is. I talk about tuning there for problem solving.
Every track needs the right tune to get the best, when tuning standards rise we wil see some epicly good stuff from lots of our members.