PDA

View Full Version : HUD Improvements?

g33k hack3rs
27-05-2015, 16:21
I've had a few times that my engine blows during a race. In most cases this is down to damage but I don't understand why I can't add my water and oil temp to the HUD so I can actually have information available that will highlight issues to me. Is this something that can be added or improved? It seems silly that we have so much space on the HUD but have a very limited number of items to show. I would like to have more options available so we can make informed decisions while driving rather than get struck by a blown engine.

MysterG
27-05-2015, 16:23
Moved to Feature Suggestions

Yorkie065
27-05-2015, 16:52
It is usually on the MoTeC display on the cars that have them, or included in one of the dials but of course that requires you to use cockpit view which not everyone does. An additional dial on the HUD though, possibly included in the Taco meter in the form of a water symbol and oil symbol that come on red when starting to over-heat, and flashing when temperatures critical would be a great way of keeping it simple but informative. For those that do use cockpit view though, check your MoTeC displays or dials as they are usually on there, and anything about 110 degrees is seriously bad and in need of a pitstop to repair any damage as the engine will blow at any time over that number.

Machinist90
27-05-2015, 16:56
It is usually on the MoTeC display on the cars that have them, or included in one of the dials but of course that requires you to use cockpit view which not everyone does. An additional dial on the HUD though, possibly included in the Taco meter in the form of a water symbol and oil symbol that come on red when starting to over-heat, and flashing when temperatures critical would be a great way of keeping it simple but informative. For those that do use cockpit view though, check your MoTeC displays or dials as they are usually on there, and anything about 110 degrees is seriously bad and in need of a pitstop to repair any damage as the engine will blow at any time over that number.

I drive cockpit view but don't use Motec because I use speed sensitive FOV,helmet movement (plus the helm blocks the motec from time to time and looking down midrace is..well..kinda risky) and speed blur,the red symbols are a great idea! Just like the fuel one does now

g33k hack3rs
27-05-2015, 20:01
Yes, something to add to the HUD that can flash red like the fuel gauge would be great. Not everybody use the cockpit view and this really would help to highlight potential race ending conditions.