PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Hey men, why don't you?

Mirko Masiero
27-05-2015, 19:07
Good evening, a simple question to the developers, please.

In the years 2005 and 2006 (so about 10 years ago!!!) I used GTR1 and GTR2 by SimBin. These fantastic simulators were complete: dynamic weather, day/night transitions, simulation of real pit stop with manual control, speed limiter operated by the pilot, mechanics animations, mechanical failures, full warmup lap with real behavior of AI opponents, safety car, penalties, stewards with flags (blue, yellow) along the tracks, etc, etc.

Now, after 10 years, with modern hardware/software technology, why don't you have re-create all this?

ibby
27-05-2015, 19:18
Good evening, a simple question to the developers, please.

In the years 2005 and 2006 (so about 10 years ago!!!) I used GTR1 and GTR2 by SimBin. These fantastic simulators were complete: dynamic weather, day/night transitions, simulation of real pit stop with manual control, speed limiter operated by the pilot, mechanical animations, mechanical failures, full warmup lap with real behavior of AI opponents, safety car, penalties, stewards with flags (blue, yellow) along the tracks, etc, etc.

Now, after 10 years, with modern hardware/software technology, why don't you have re-create all this?

dynamic weather :yes:

day/night transitions :yes:

simulation of real pit stop with manual control ( coming in patch as far as i know )

speed limiter operated by the pilot ( see above )

mechanical animations ( mechanics you mean ? also coming in patch.. looking like in the videos )

mechanical failures :yes:

full warmup lap with real behavior of AI opponents :no:

safety car :no:

penalties :yes: ( halfway i guess )

stewards with flags (blue, yellow ) along the tracks :no:

Also you do realize GTR2 was made by 95% of the current SMS team? ;)

Mark Quigley
27-05-2015, 19:21
I can overlook some of those omissions when it does things like simulate atmospheric pressure changes with altitude for example.
:D

These things will come in time.

townnet
27-05-2015, 19:34
dynamic weather :yes:

day/night transitions :yes:

simulation of real pit stop with manual control ( coming in patch as far as i know )

speed limiter operated by the pilot ( see above )

mechanical animations ( mechanics you mean ? also coming in patch.. looking like in the videos )

mechanical failures :yes:

full warmup lap with real behavior of AI opponents :no:

safety car :no:

penalties :yes: ( halfway i guess )

stewards with flags (blue, yellow ) along the tracks :no:

So the X one mean no implement in future?

David Semperger
27-05-2015, 19:39

Probably because to re-create all of those things at the level expected by everyone today on that modern hardware we have you need more resources than you needed back then. In other words, the cost and complexity of game development grew more, compared to the time, resources and tools that are available to developers.

Sparky28
27-05-2015, 19:55
Saftey car in gtr2???

I don't rember this

AngelBrow
27-05-2015, 20:06
Saftey car in gtr2???

I don't rember this

Me neither. Only on formation lap what can remember. Doing the slow lap after a 3h race on gtr2 was great. Reflecting on your race. Just half pace, give a few waves to the fans in the grandstand. Lol.

Mirko Masiero
27-05-2015, 20:23

Yes, main reason of my question.

Mirko Masiero
27-05-2015, 20:24
Saftey car in gtr2???

I don't rember this

Only in formation lap... sorry.

Invincible
27-05-2015, 20:47
AFAIK Safety Car is sceduled for further patches too.

Umer Ahmad
27-05-2015, 20:54
So the X one mean no implement in future?
"X" means you support these guys and they can change X to "Y" with some time

Mirko Masiero
27-05-2015, 21:15
Sorry, why the title is changed to [ANSWERED] ????
I asked to developers.
Which developer has answered?

Umer Ahmad
27-05-2015, 21:18
I see many answer in post #2, you see them also?

You ask a question at this forum and ANYONE can answer it. Orange, Yellow, Blue, Gray....color does not matter...only the correct information.

Now, you have some other question that needs answering?

Mirko Masiero
27-05-2015, 21:37
I see many answer in post #2, you see them also?

You ask a question at this forum and ANYONE can answer it. Orange, Yellow, Blue, Gray....color does not matter...only the correct information.

Now, you have some other question that needs answering?

My thanks to ibby, but I thought the tag [ANSWERED] was added only when the answer comes from someone who has reliable answers, like a developer.
I don't know ibby. If ibby is a pCars developer, ok thanks him again!

Umer Ahmad
27-05-2015, 21:43
Only Blue names are the developers.

Yellow (like you and ibby) mean WMDPortal member.

Orange (like me) are forum moderator.

JorgeANeto
27-05-2015, 21:52
There is SC in GTR2 but it's very "shy" so to speak. If you change a line in PLR file it comes more often.

A SC in pCars would be very welcome.

Max Kelly
28-05-2015, 06:43
AFAIK Safety Car is sceduled for further patches too.:confused:

Invincible
28-05-2015, 08:02
:confused:

What is confusing you?

Max Kelly
28-05-2015, 08:06
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27349-Safety-Cars&p=937739&viewfull=1#post937739

Invincible
28-05-2015, 08:07
Woah... didn't see the post from the great hairy one.

Ps: PM'ed you.

John Hargreaves
28-05-2015, 08:11
You can see that a feature that demands months of dev time to implement, that most people would switch off anyway, puts that feature lower down the list of..er features.

madmaz116
28-05-2015, 08:19
Now, you have some other question that needs answering?[/QUOTE]

No need for sarcasm.

townnet
12-06-2015, 17:32
For the oculus rift user, yellow, blue etc flag animation are very important, need as clean as possible screen rather than hud.

spinkick
12-06-2015, 18:59
Can I have pink letters (Cherry Blossom red!!)