PDA

View Full Version : Purchase of T300RS Rim only!

freak27
27-05-2015, 21:01
Hello Guyz

Do you happen to know of a sale about the Original Rim of the T300RS only? Not the GT28, not the whole mechanism, just the Rim with the PS4 buttons!

My T300RS d-pad is faulty, the right direction can be pressed 1-2 times in sequence. Then it becomes heavy and i cant press it. If I leave it 4-5 sseconds I can press it again. A friend gave it to me for free so no warranty. I cant find anyone selling only the rim!!

Really frustrating >.>

Thx for your help!

LordDRIFT
28-05-2015, 00:46
My brand new wheel does the same thing. But only in the game menus.

McKiernan
28-05-2015, 01:11
Hello Guyz

Do you happen to know of a sale about the Original Rim of the T300RS only? Not the GT28, not the whole mechanism, just the Rim with the PS4 buttons!

My T300RS d-pad is faulty, the right direction can be pressed 1-2 times in sequence. Then it becomes heavy and i cant press it. If I leave it 4-5 sseconds I can press it again. A friend gave it to me for free so no warranty. I cant find anyone selling only the rim!!

Really frustrating >.>

Thx for your help!

If it is still under warranty send it back and demand a replacement.

freak27
28-05-2015, 01:22
For me its a hardware thing. It doesnt bounce back after I press it.

Unfortunately it doesnt have a warranty. If by any chance you see a similar sale, please drop me a link here.

Thank you very much guyz for your responses!

McKiernan
28-05-2015, 01:35
For me its a hardware thing. It doesnt bounce back after I press it.

Unfortunately it doesnt have a warranty. If by any chance you see a similar sale, please drop me a link here.

Thank you very much guyz for your responses!

Probably a stupid question but have you tried looking on the Thrustmaster site? I know they were making some noises about an 'ecosystem' where different wheel rims pedals and shifters would be compatible. You may be able to purchase a new rim directly from them.

muscular
28-05-2015, 05:18
The GTE Ferrari wheel works as well, just that u need to read instructions manual on the button placement. Plus, its the cheaper wheel of the two between itself and the GT 28 leather.

zennmeister
29-05-2015, 16:23
^^ this

I really hated the OEM t300 wheel. The buttons are so flush with the surface of the wheel I had a hard time finding what I needed by touch. The GTE wheel has much better button placement, much larger buttons and a lot more ergonomic. Takes a little while to get used to the different layout but it's worth it.

Carlos81255
29-05-2015, 17:50
The T300rs wheel is only sold as part of the whole wheel, base and pedals package meaning you cannot buy it as an add on you can buy the GTE, leather 28GT and the F1 wheel as add ons that will fit straight on the T300 base but apart from the F1 wheel where you get more on the other two you lose a couple of buttons

borstalsmurf
29-05-2015, 18:40
Hello Guyz

Really frustrating >.>

Thx for your help!

Hi i had the same problem to put it right I took it apart and sorted the springs out now it works spot on.

Lipti
27-06-2015, 22:25
Hi i had the same problem to put it right I took it apart and sorted the springs out now it works spot on.

Has anyone done the do-it-yourself fix and can explain what to do (how to open the rim, how to sort out the springs, ...)? I have the same problem with the d-pad but don't want to send it in for warranty (I just want to play :) ).

Thanks very much in advance!

LordDRIFT
27-06-2015, 22:53
I've got one. $100 shipped.

ChrisK
28-06-2015, 02:13
My brand new wheel does the same thing. But only in the game menus.

If you have a brand new wheel doing that, what's the issue ? Send it for a warranty replacement.

LordDRIFT
28-06-2015, 02:42
If you have a brand new wheel doing that, what's the issue ? Send it for a warranty replacement.
My t80 did it too so I figured it was the crap TM quality.

Lipti
28-06-2015, 12:19
I fixed it by myself. There is foam material between the plastic dpad and the switches which is worn, too thin or too soft (see picture "before"). I put thicker tape on top of the foam (see picture "after"). Not only the dpad now works without a problem, but also has a way better "direct" feeling when pushing a direction. Great!

Before (look at the foam):

After (fixed the dpad problem):

ChrisK
28-06-2015, 13:40
My t80 did it too so I figured it was the crap TM quality.

What I mean is, why are you putting up with a brand new wheel that failed ? Return it and get them to fix it.

You may hate TM for you're own reasons, but to just write it off and you wear the burden of their error makes no sense to me. What are you doing...protesting out of principle ?

LordDRIFT
28-06-2015, 15:54
What I mean is, why are you putting up with a brand new wheel that failed ? Return it and get them to fix it.

You may hate TM for you're own reasons, but to just write it off and you wear the burden of their error makes no sense to me. What are you doing...protesting out of principle ?

As stated, at the time of my first part , my T80 did the same thing as well. I only had the T80 for 1 week before I bought the t300. So when the T300 did the same thing out of the box I figured they were all like that. Any way the dpad did eventually stop working and I did fix their crap pay work. But a long story in a short time ensued.

Details here in the thread below.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32956-Is-the-T300-(dead-unit-risk)-as-high-as-people-make-it-sound

mjemec11
18-05-2016, 17:57
Resurrecting an old thread...

I had a similar issue with my right d-pad from the day I got my wheel in late June last year. The d-pad would just stay pressed for 1 to 2 seconds. This meant changing setups was a pain, but since it didn't affect actual gameplay I dealt with it. But a month and a half ago it got so bad that at some point the right direction would just stay pressed everywhere all the time. I contacted Thrustmaster directly, even though I bought the wheel from an online vendor, and we've been going back and forth via email. First I had to send them a video as proof of what's wrong. Then I had to provide proof of purchase. They decided to first send me the round d-pad button and new foam thingies for me to replace myself. This didn't work and I had to send another video proof of the malfunction. In the end they agreed to send a brand new rim, free of charge. They'll even cover shipping! I'm expecting the rim to arrive next week and hopefully there won't be any issues with it. Fingers crossed.

So if you're having similar issues I wouldn't hesitate to reach out to Thrustmaster. They might take 2 days to reply to e-mails, but they are always polite and very helpful.

mjemec11
26-05-2016, 07:05
Quick update. I receiver the replacement rim on Tuesday and so far so good. The d-pad works flawlessly and I've noticed the paddle shifters are much better as well.