PDA

View Full Version : [It's a cracking spend] The worst multiplayer - waste of money

Broter
27-05-2015, 21:49
Blackscreens, broken steering, loosing settings, unable to enter, unable to change view.... and and and.....

what a waste of time at this point.

:mad::mad:

TurboNoob
27-05-2015, 22:33
Race ended before start, no sorting servers, no user profile, no server information, not interesting, extra downshift to 1st gear, worst netcode of all time. Only graphics and good cars, Game for a week, already bored

funknerraw
27-05-2015, 23:15
Hmm, I'm having a great time playing pCARS online. Sucks you are having issues, but it's not everyone.

Old skool hemi
27-05-2015, 23:19
This game is unplayable for me online.. so many many issues. Worst race game ive played...

awaite85
27-05-2015, 23:23
Hmm, I'm having a great time playing pCARS online. Sucks you are having issues, but it's not everyone.

+1. It's working fine for me. There are some little things that could be approved. But otherwise, online is a lot of fun.

'Loosing settings' <-, what does that mean? Do you mean 'losing'?

MULTIVITZ
27-05-2015, 23:41
Give the guy a break.
The conception of this game is comming from a new angle. It harnesses new technology in development to get things on track far quicker than before. The community along with the developers and large multi national corperations will mould the game into something thats the best it can be. Final polishing was not undertaken because the decisions needed about game play lay out, extra touches, penalty systems, glitches, etc needed massive player involvement. The technical issues are resolverble and being new hard ware and numerous hard ware combinations across all the platforms made testing hard. Things are improving daily. Chin up. Have your say if it ain't been said already.

Pete_Repeat
28-05-2015, 01:09
I expected the online to be an advancement on whats arounf already seeing it seems the way gaming has headed or at minimum match what iracing as had for years regards online.

While I like the game in general (there are reasons I prefer it over iracing for sure) the lack of new ideas, well more dated ideas, for online play might send me back to iracing which I don't particularly want to do.

But I don't see them making any large effort in advancements to the current game apart from bug fixes, as they are already working on the second one which will be along time in the making I'm sure.

I really thought they talked about putting like skilled and like ramming ability players together (similar to iracing but hints of being better even). But there is no signs of anything like this is there? Maybe that was a user wish I read and not the developers.

Pete_Repeat
28-05-2015, 01:13
+1. It's working fine for me. There are some little things that could be approved. But otherwise, online is a lot of fun.

'Loosing settings' <-, what does that mean? Do you mean 'losing'?

Have you played iracing online? As in run in an organised season. You'd realise how much better the online is there and it makes this game appear like a dinosaur regards online ideas and bugs. Pity because it has great potential and prefer the "less chance of crashing" modelling over iracing and the prettier graphics. I hope they expand and add features for online quickly but I feel they won't.

RedDave84
28-05-2015, 05:59
I expected the online to be an advancement on whats around already

:confused:

Did you want machine guns and rockets or something?

Everything works fine for me, having a great time.

Pete_Repeat
28-05-2015, 06:29
:confused:

Did you want machine guns and rockets or something?

Everything works fine for me, having a great time.

Look I'm not really sure you got my point.

I'm not asking for extra cars like GT or Forza, I'm not asking for like a thousand tracks as they have a decent list to learn although more is always better. I respect this is a "simulator" so car counts, machine guns etc aren't important. What is important is the racers you are going up against and AI will never cut it for a simulator. I rarely play online in any other games but a racing simulator needs good online multilayer and it just feels like random generated races at the moment (except for leagues like maybe the TGC which looks like a good start and well organised for those in the UK)

But if you've played iracing (assuming you haven't given it a go by your comment) and realise what multi player online racing can be, then you'll realise this seems very unorganised and really doesn't feel like the community group that I expected. I expected it to be close to iracing to be honest.

Thankfully the organised leagues are helping but everything isn't central/included in the racing game. I admit a very well organised league could be run well with a lot of effort by someone but if you happen to be on my side if the pond, it is very lacking at the moment and it surprised me.

So hopefully the online community will grow and pull things together and it ends up being a great online community that you can race in leagues and seasons with some degree of flexibility (iracing flexibility).

I'm not flaming the game, I'm here aren't I. I haven't winged about anything else, I be given the game credit, and I've given it hope the online community improves/organises the multilayer that I expected to already be in place

RedDave84
28-05-2015, 06:52
What side of the pond are you on? I've seen really good things from TGC on Yorkie's channel. You need to race with people you trust rather than the general cesspool. That, unfortunatley, is the nature of multiplayer in pretty much every single game. There are idiots everywhere and they'll ruin your experience if you play with them.

CTR69
28-05-2015, 07:43
What side of the pond are you on? I've seen really good things from TGC on Yorkie's channel. You need to race with people you trust rather than the general cesspool. That, unfortunatley, is the nature of multiplayer in pretty much every single game. There are idiots everywhere and they'll ruin your experience if you play with them.

The problem is MP bugs, like locked bumper view, locked "drive" option, always different pressure settings in pit strategy, black screen when joining server, bugged rolling start,...

RedDave84
28-05-2015, 07:48
Is locked bumper view a bug? I thought it was set by the host? The others I have never come across.

John Hargreaves
28-05-2015, 08:06
I've had the locked drive button once or twice while trying to join a session during quali, but I just quit and joined another. Main issue for me is people who use my car as their brakes, which is hardly SMS's fault. It seems to generally work as expected for me though, sorry to hear about OP's issues.
To be fair, iRacing has been around a while and had chance to refine the online play cos that's pretty much all there is to it, so it's understandable to have teething problems with a new title.
For me though, pCars is so much more alive compared to iR, so I'll stick around to see what happens.

lordymatsuo
28-05-2015, 10:17
Find a race group on your platform, trust me, those little bugs which will one day be patched will all be forgotten when you are racing with a fun group of racers who just have a laugh every night.

For those mentioning the down shift issue, I found this was connected to mapping "square/cross" as gears and having "ABS/Traction/Stability" assists on. I turned off the assists and the gear shift issue went away. Hope this helps someone as it was driving me crazy as well :) Should get a patch for it soon as the dev's can replicate and fix it.

Elmo
28-05-2015, 10:20
Just rambling about "everything is broken" isn't helpful. Please provide in a bit of detail what your issues specifically are and we are glad to help.

hostaman
28-05-2015, 11:58
It's a 10/10 driving sim hiding in a 5/10 game.

MrStef85
28-05-2015, 13:09
I have no issues with online.

Jesse Fahrenkrog
28-05-2015, 13:20
Comparing pCars online to iRacing isn't even close to a fair or realistic comparison. iRacing has been doing it for years with an enormous staff and tens of millions of dollars in backing from the same people that own Gillette and the Boston Red Sox(John Henry). This doesn't even include the membership fees or charges for licensed content. So that comparison is simply absurd. Besides if you had been there during the beginning, even iRacing had it's own issues to work out. Now close to 10 years later, it should run like a well oiled machine, which it does.

A better comparison would be AC. Last time I checked their servers were pretty dead and buggy. If there's one thing SMS has done, it is to respond to it's community. Personally I don't want any "fluff" to go along with what already exists. Just function, and I can find a handful of races day or night in the public lobbies. (Though I need to find a league to join)

"Keep it simple stupid." -unknown

Umer Ahmad
28-05-2015, 13:29
I've had the locked drive button once or twice while trying to join a session during quali, but I just quit and joined another. Main issue for me is people who use my car as their brakes, which is hardly SMS's fault. It seems to generally work as expected for me though, sorry to hear about OP's issues.
To be fair, iRacing has been around a while and had chance to refine the online play cos that's pretty much all there is to it, so it's understandable to have teething problems with a new title.
For me though, pCars is so much more alive compared to iR, so I'll stick around to see what happens.
The work-around for the "locked bumper camera" is DO NOT TOUCH ANY BUTTON UNTIL AI GIVES YOU BACK CONTROL of the car, then you can cycle to any camera you want.

This work-around is what i do and it works 100% of the time. It is on the but fix list.

The locked "DRIVE" button work-around is to leave session and rejoin, i would say his works 50% of the time however. This is also on the bug fix list.

For list of known issues see my signature for the links

RDogg
28-05-2015, 13:44
Anyone mentioning Project Cars and iRacing in regards to comparisons should just simply stop posting now before it becomes more embarrassing.

It's like people how compare Battlefield and ArmA. Severe lack of logic..

Arkymedes
28-05-2015, 13:50
Anyone mentioning Project Cars and iRacing in regards to comparisons should just simply stop posting now before it becomes more embarrassing.

It's like people how compare Battlefield and ArmA. Severe lack of logic..

How so? Mind you that I'm asking out of curiosity.

Being an ArmA fan and player since the Operation Flashpoint days, are you implying that one is a Sim where the other is not? Because that's the only comparison between BF and ArmA that you can make.

John Hargreaves
28-05-2015, 17:12

For whom?

Tobias
29-05-2015, 03:13
We have great Netcode, no lagging at all and thats a lot in my opinion. Couple minor bugs(I have to rejoin some games because race option locked) will get patch. COmparing iracing to PC is pointless. Paying every month and for every track/car isnt for my pocket. I would prefer buy sport car by my own istead of paying for virtual racing:)

Worm
29-05-2015, 03:55
Comparing pCars online to iRacing isn't even close to a fair or realistic comparison. iRacing has been doing it for years with an enormous staff and tens of millions of dollars in backing from the same people that own Gillette and the Boston Red Sox(John Henry). This doesn't even include the membership fees or charges for licensed content. So that comparison is simply absurd. Besides if you had been there during the beginning, even iRacing had it's own issues to work out. Now close to 10 years later, it should run like a well oiled machine, which it does.

A better comparison would be AC. Last time I checked their servers were pretty dead and buggy. If there's one thing SMS has done, it is to respond to it's community. Personally I don't want any "fluff" to go along with what already exists. Just function, and I can find a handful of races day or night in the public lobbies. (Though I need to find a league to join)

"Keep it simple stupid." -unknown

LOL, you act like SMS has never developed a racing game. This isn't their first "released to early, bugged up, glitched up" racing game.

GTR - FIA GT Racing
GT Legends
GTR 2
RACE (WTCC)
RACE 07
Race Pro???
Need for Speed SHIFT
BMW M3 Challenge
SHIFT 2
Test Drive: Ferrari Racing
Project CARS

This isn't a new thing for these guys. I'm sure if you went about digging further you would find their devs worked on even more games and this current game is still running on the Madness Engine. That game engine isn't new territory as it was the same game engine used in the first SHIFT game that was released in 2009, one of the most buggy games I've ever played and was left to be fixed by the community.

I won't fault PCARS and SMS for aiming high and attempting to make a great game. This one has tons and tons of potential but until that potential is somewhat realized I think people have a right to find fault in it and would really like people to stop saying "it's all new, give them a break" when it's everything but. It's hard to make a fault free game, I know this, but this one has a lot of problems that simply shouldn't exist. When it works, good grief we have a great game but it just doesn't too often.

I've personally had my game lock up and reset to stock, had various problems with it crashing, thankfully I'm not on a controller, I have to server jump to attempt to find online races, I can't run any leaderboard or time trial because you can cut like crazy and there is no point attempting to compete, etc.........If I can't save a tune without fear of a reset, can't run a leaderboard, and have to jump through hoops to find a populated server then what do I have? Something I can create paints on in Photoshop and look at in game? That's not what I purchased and I sincerely hope it gets fixed. My fear is this will be like SHIFT, the devs will stick around for a month or two, fix very little, and completely vanish like they did before. I hope that fear isn't realized.

RedDave84
29-05-2015, 07:32
This one has tons and tons of potential but until that potential is somewhat realized...

You don't think the potential of this game is even somewhat realised? I'd hate to be your missus :D

RDogg
29-05-2015, 11:48
How so? Mind you that I'm asking out of curiosity.

Being an ArmA fan and player since the Operation Flashpoint days, are you implying that one is a Sim where the other is not? Because that's the only comparison between BF and ArmA that you can make.

I've also played ArmA for a very long time, but was a console gamer in the past. I used to hear it from time to time, literally I have no idea why. It's not even comparable.

For whom?

For anyone who thinks Project Cars is out to compete with iRacing. It's not even close, not anywhere near close. There is a good reason why professional racing drivers rate iRacing highly.

John Hargreaves
29-05-2015, 12:10
For anyone who thinks Project Cars is out to compete with iRacing. It's not even close, not anywhere near close. There is a good reason why professional racing drivers rate iRacing highly.

Interesting point of view. I believe that opinion is divided on the matter.

However, it's hard to imagine that any real racing sim enthusiast wouldn't have tried both (in addition to AC, GSCE. rF etc), appreciated the very positive qualities each title has to offer and then given thanks to the simracing gods for a world in which we have so many great games to choose from.

But then lots of things that are hard to imagine often turn out to be true.

Dasani_Rose
29-05-2015, 13:20
Na , you won't catch me ever paying monthly for ANY game Iracing included

NemethR
29-05-2015, 13:34
Neither do I have any.

Henrique Clausing
29-05-2015, 13:49
I didn't have any of these issues the you are posting here... Some times a camera bug when I enter too late on a lobby, but it's a minor issue.

Blackscreens, broken steering, loosing settings, unable to enter

Sometimes the problems are into our pc's, not the game engine... verify access rights on installed folder, directX | VGA Drivers integrity,, etc.

Joeri Blootacker
29-05-2015, 13:55
Blackscreens, broken steering, loosing settings, unable to enter, unable to change view....

:mad::mad:

i have none of the above. (not trying to minimize anything with my comment by the way)
the only (frustrating) issues i'm having is that it happens quite often, (about 50/50) that i enter a race, and can't click on the "drive" button...
which has been reported and which will be investigated and patched. quite sure about that :)

the other issue, are the starts, these can be real messy where people are mis alligned in the grid spots, or pushing you causing us to get a penalty even before you started.

other than that, it is simply awesome.

If you have issues, please report them, all of them are being read or forwarded to the dev's.
as long as you keep it civil, no one will be mad if you report an issue. on the contrary ;)

Worm
29-05-2015, 17:35
You don't think the potential of this game is even somewhat realised? I'd hate to be your missus :D

When I can't play the game without fear of losing my settings, find a race as explained earlier, or run a time trial that is legit I'd say it isn't anything more than a playable graphics demo (and a damn fine one). I like how you found a snippet and ignored where I said that it's a great game when it works.

RedDave84
30-05-2015, 07:26
Its called friendly banter, look it up.

My point is that you're overreacting. The game's potential is somewhat realised. It just needs a small amount of polish.

JeyD02
31-05-2015, 20:43
Race ended before start, no sorting servers, no user profile, no server information, not interesting, extra downshift to 1st gear, worst netcode of all time. Only graphics and good cars, Game for a week, already bored

Worse netcode? I would have to disagree with you...

SwaggerJacker
01-06-2015, 02:41
Give the guy a break.
The conception of this game is comming from a new angle. It harnesses new technology in development to get things on track far quicker than before. The community along with the developers and large multi national corperations will mould the game into something thats the best it can be. Final polishing was not undertaken because the decisions needed about game play lay out, extra touches, penalty systems, glitches, etc needed massive player involvement. The technical issues are resolverble and being new hard ware and numerous hard ware combinations across all the platforms made testing hard. Things are improving daily. Chin up. Have your say if it ain't been said already.

Biggest piece of fluff I've read to date on this forum. The game is great fun, but it is very broken. "Massive Player involvement"? Was that post sarcasm? If so, never mind. LOL

Mancunain
01-06-2015, 11:03
Biggest piece of fluff I've read to date on this forum. The game is great fun, but it is very broken. "Massive Player involvement"? Was that post sarcasm? If so, never mind. LOL

i wouldnt say 'very broken'... have you ever played SWTOR ?? there is a game inside that bug somewhere.. enough bugs there to start your own colony in fact..
Most games are released and have minor bugs in.. testing cannot find them all, to test fully for bugs you;d need hundreds of thousands of volunteers all with different rigs and set ups.. no one can judge all that.. bugs are part of new releases full stop..
Remember Skyrim on the ps3? lol mainquest was bugged to hell.. i lost 90hrs gameplay cos of those bugs.. and still started again :) if you like the game you will find the patience to deal with the little issues.. and most will be fixed..
They all seem major issues here to some people cos it causes inconvenience, but they not major bugs really.. all should be dealt with shortly.. the only 'major' one i can think of is the lost profiles.. but now most people know its somethign to do with 'shared memory', then leave it off, save your .sav profile file regular (takes 10secs) until they fix it and all is good..
The .sav file is in Steam folder/ userdata / 123456789 (is a numbered folder, all will be diff for each player) / 234630 / local / project cars / profiles / default.sav THEN right click, copy, navigate to somewhere u know, and paste..
You get to the profile folder, right click it before opening and 'send to > desktop' then u have a shortcut direct to your .sav folder 9hence the 10sec copy/paste to a place of your desire.. make a new folder on desktop or whatever, and put both profile shortcut u put to desktop and the copied .sav file into the new folder, and u have instant access to save.. then it only take u 5 secs.. and dont forget, its only temp until they can fix it.,.