http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/05/27/free-update-for-dirt-rally-adds-pikes-peak

https://youtu.be/1A6WusIwZsE

Come on SMS, whats taking so long?

Photonenbert
27-05-2015, 23:15
you already said it. its a rally stage.

Invincible
27-05-2015, 23:18
Not entirely correct. It is a Hillclimb stage now. It was a rally stage back in the days before the whole track got asphalted.

LordDRIFT
27-05-2015, 23:19
That would be tits.

schigara
27-05-2015, 23:21
But it is still undriveable unless you turn the FFB off because the counter steer forces are reversed. Maybe when they sort out the ffb issues I'll give it another go.

OperatorWay
27-05-2015, 23:24
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?133-Off-Topic-Discussion

Neil Hopwood
27-05-2015, 23:26
But it is still undriveable unless you turn the FFB off because the counter steer forces are reversed. Maybe when they sort out the ffb issues I'll give it another go.

I was actually thinking about pickup Dirt: Rally this week. think I'll wait.

MULTIVITZ
27-05-2015, 23:26
you already said it. its a rally stage.

California highway ain't exactly a grand prix!

Invincible
27-05-2015, 23:28

Didn't they have the exact same issue with Dirt 3 too (Steam complete edition)?

qbasiz
27-05-2015, 23:44
It's freaking awesome, but imo project cars doesn't need more cars or track as of now.
There are offcourse bugs/glitches/child diseases that imo should be sorted first, for all platforms.

It has the most impressive track selection i've encounterd. And a small selection of (f*cking awesome)cars,
could it be better.. sure. But no mather what platform your on, quality over quantity should matter.

Who here has driven all car types on all the curcuits in different wheather conditions?

schigara
28-05-2015, 00:03

I never tried Dirt 3 so I don't know.

I truly find it baffling that a company that has made so many racing games doesn't understand one of the most basic things that happens when a car becomes loose in the rear. As long as the front end has enough caster, it will steer itself into a slide. You just have to let go of the wheel and it will do it on its own. They got us fighting the wheel to force the counter steer.

Have any of the Codies devs ever done a power slide on the street or a dirt road in real life and if so, do they ever test their own games with a wheel as they are making them?

MarleyMoo
28-05-2015, 01:41

Nope they had some other problem. FFB was only reversed on one side. It was fixed in a patch though.

NemethR
28-05-2015, 06:45
Not entirely correct. It is a Hillclimb stage now. It was a rally stage back in the days before the whole track got asphalted.

Nope, you are not correct also.

It was ALWAYS a Hillclimb track, with or without asphalt :)
Tough I agree, could be a lot of fun to have that in PCars.

mister dog
28-05-2015, 06:57
Although i really enjoyed Dirt Rally in April, i'm afraid it's going to have to wait until i get over my PCARS addiction now.

Photonenbert
30-05-2015, 00:02
By saying it is a Rally stage I wanted to point out that its more of a rally car type thing rather than a curcuit race car thing.

Invincible
01-06-2015, 10:38
By saying it is a Rally stage I wanted to point out that its more of a rally car type thing rather than a curcuit race car thing.

Even though I don't disagree you, I think that the cars which race pikes peak nowadays would be pretty lost on any loose surface.

Rob Prange
01-06-2015, 11:28
Thread renamed properly.

mister dog
16-06-2015, 22:16
Betta lines makes some of the best informative videos around IMO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWJGKjNu__U

Will have to give Dirt another go soon, turning out to be the rally version of PCARS if things stay this way.

Rustyjaw
18-06-2015, 05:02
The FFB update was released today (http://steamcommunity.com/games/310560/announcements/detail/138831194191090705), and it's a HUGE improvement! Of course the previous version was pretty bad, so there was only room for improvement, but now the cars make sense...from weight transfer, power slides, grip, wheelspin...I feel far more connected to the cars now. The game is a blast!

Playing with a T300 and T3PA pedals.

The only downside is that now I can't blame the lousy FFB for my terrible driving. LOL

mister dog
18-06-2015, 06:23
A lot of the FFB purists find it awful still though. Some talk about strictly fake 'canned' effects even.

tpw
18-06-2015, 07:32
I have pCARS and Dirt Rally and they are both awesome in their own different ways. Both have incredibly immersive graphics, sound and physics. Both had major FFB issues which have been significantly improved with recent patches (at least as far as I'm concerned). Both have career modes that could do with some improvements. Both leave me happily exhausted after an hour driving session and I'm sure the neighbours know when I've played either due to the increased swearing.

pCARS is definitely the better polished and fleshed out experience, as it should be as a full release. A driver can approach it in numerous ways and have fun at any skill level.

Dirt Rally is very impressive for early access and has most of the core driving experience pretty well sorted. It is however unbelievably difficult to play at first, and at this point has no rally school or even untimed practice tracks - you're just thrown straight into race stages to crash and rage quit. Once things eventually start to gel it is quite satisfying to make it to the end of a stage with your car in one piece. Winning is so far beyond me that I don't even entertain the possibility until 2023 or so.

I think there's plenty of room for a Rally/Hillclimb focussed game (Dirt Rally) and a road and track racing game (pCARS) to coexist. Apart from the fact that you're in a car, the approach to the different styles of competition is completely different.

LADY GEMMA JANE
18-06-2015, 08:08
I'm waiting for DiRT Rally on the XB0

Chris Shakespeare
18-06-2015, 11:37
I'm waiting for DiRT Rally on the XB0

It's not the same game that's out on steam for pc LADY GEMMA JANE. It's some poncy console version with fireworks I bet

Rustyjaw
18-06-2015, 14:57
A lot of the FFB purists find it awful still though. Some talk about strictly fake 'canned' effects even.

I doubt you'll ever please everybody. For me, the game went from being obtuse and frustrating to fun. The forces are communicating what is happening to the car in a way there were not before. That's really what I want from FFB.

LADY GEMMA JANE
18-06-2015, 15:27
It's not the same game that's out on steam for pc LADY GEMMA JANE. It's some poncy console version with fireworks I bet

Ha! maybe

Schadows
04-08-2015, 13:04
Bumping this thread with the latest DiRT Rally update which brings RallyCross.
The AI lack some speed here, but the sensation are incredible already !

Rustyjaw
04-08-2015, 18:14
I was pretty skeptical about Rallycross being added to this game. I'm a huge fan of so-called "pure" rally, against the clock, one car at a time. And also, the tarmac physics of the rally stages/cars in this game still feel a little off. So when I heard they were adding RX, I wasn't sure they could pull it off...but I was wrong. The rallycross mode is a freaking blast. The physics feel pretty much spot-on, challenging but fair. The cars slide nicely and you can control it with subtle throttle adjustments.

Dirt Rally was already a really good game, and this new mode adds significant depth. The next update will add PvP rallycross.

Oh, and with regard to the easy AI mentioned above, Codemasters have said they are still tuning the AI (this is an Early Access game after all), so they have opted to make it easier until it is closer to being finalized.

Schadows
04-08-2015, 19:20
Of course, I wasn't bashing the game about the AI difficulty, just stating the current situation.
A lot more things might changes before release, like pcars during development.

Rustyjaw
06-08-2015, 03:23
Yeah, I didn't think you were bashing the game at all, your observation was accurate.

I'm surprised there isn't more talk about this game here. It's really shaping up into something special. Rally sims that take the simulation aspect seriously are pretty rare. I actually prefer rallying to track racing because it's so alive and necessarily spontaneous. 1000 decisions a stage.

Racer Pro
06-08-2015, 03:56
i want Dirt Rally on my ps4

OppaErich
06-08-2015, 06:01
I doubt you'll ever please everybody. For me, the game went from being obtuse and frustrating to fun. The forces are communicating what is happening to the car in a way there were not before. That's really what I want from FFB.

Exactly, I couldn't care less where it's coming from. DR FFB works for me, pCars does not.

Rustyjaw
06-08-2015, 06:29
i want Dirt Rally on my ps4

Codemasters has dropped some hints that consoles are possible. I'd be surprised if it didn't come out for PS4 and Xbone.

Schadows
06-08-2015, 09:22
I'm surprised there isn't more talk about this game here. It's really shaping up into something special. Rally sims that take the simulation aspect seriously are pretty rare. I actually prefer rallying to track racing because it's so alive and necessarily spontaneous. 1000 decisions a stage.Although I prefer rally for time trial, I find it more interesting/fun to battle with other cars, with incredible dogfights.
That's why I like to play track racing games (and why I prefer single car series where there is usually less differences), why I was very excited by the coming of RX to DiRT, and why i'm very excited with pcars 2.

I sincerely doubt CodeMaster will skip the consoles. That is were the money is afterall.

BazzaLB
06-08-2015, 09:57
They nailed the handling with RX. Its frigging awesome! I had my doubts because I wasn't impressed with their tarmac rally handling (love dirt rallies though), but they absolutely hit the spot with RX. It feels amazingly natural and believable. Its awesome fun. No Petter Solberg or the grid girls but you can't have everything. Better (faster) AI is coming I think. I'd buy a complete season if they had one. I love watching RX, and now I love playing it too.

Looking forward to Finland rally now. (I think thats the next deliverable). Lots of jumps (I hope).

Great job so far CM.

Schadows
07-08-2015, 09:42
I had my doubts because I wasn't impressed with their tarmac rally handling (love dirt rallies though), but they absolutely hit the spot with RX. It feels amazingly natural and believable.I must admit that, once the hype (from having incredible sounds and challenging roads) had passed, I felt underwhelm with the handling, where I didn't feel connected to the road.
But since a few weeks (could be months since I didn't played it for some times after the few first days), something has change since there isn't anything odd in the handling.

Rustyjaw
07-08-2015, 20:15
I feel that the tarmac handling is pretty satisfying in some cars, the Group A Subaru (once you correct the bug in the its setup, the Torque Bias is set toward the front, should be toward the rear) and the Group B Audi for example feel decent to me. I really think they are close to nailing it. There is a suggestion in an interview with the game's lead that they are still tweaking the physics, so it's possible it'll be worked on further.

After they add he PVP rallycross, the next step is the Finland stages which I'm very excited for.

C6ckneyGeezer
15-09-2015, 17:58
Hey guys dunno if any of you have played DiRT Rally yet. It out on Steam as an early access game at present and ive really got into it lately. Anyways ive made a DiRT Rally blog/website, if you could check it out and give me some feedback I would appreciate it.

http://www.dirtrallygame.com

All feedback and comments welcome!

If this ain't allowed, then please delete/remove. I did post a news post about Project Cars too! Cheers.

Bealdor
15-09-2015, 18:05
Threads merged.

C6ckneyGeezer
15-09-2015, 18:20
Cheers fella thankyou!

BigFred
16-09-2015, 14:00
Codemasters has dropped some hints that consoles are possible. I'd be surprised if it didn't come out for PS4 and Xbone.

Hmmm.

CM have not exactly had an easy job with F12015. Getting their game onto the new console platforms has been problematic.

I believe DR has been built with the old Dirt engine for Dirt 3 on PC. So if they are going to put this game on console, they have to transfer everything to the new engine which is a non trivial task. I think DR has been a good learning point for them and they have learnt a lot of very useful stuff. But whether they are going to be able to apply it is a different question. My guess is that they have struggled a lot to get the new engine ready for F1 let alone port the DR requirements across as well.

Cm seem to be having some real issues at the moment. Since their heyday, Grid/Dirt2/Dirt3/F12012 the saless look like they have reduced on recent releases, grid 2/grid autosport/F12014, at least if you believe the chartz. The licence for F1 for them is probably a sunk cost, so my guess is that it makes more sense for them to direct all the resource into F1 and make that a commercial success rather than divert stuff into other games. Once the f1 succeeds then they may have a sales platform to build on and spend more resources on the rally stuff.

If they survive I am sure they will produce another rally game on console at some point. But it could be a long time down the line. For me it's a real shame that they can't come up with more great releases like Dirt 3, but I guess that's part of the natural ebb and flow of the games business.

Gloomy
18-09-2015, 15:46
I'd love to get dirt rally on the ps4, I plan on building a gaming pc sometime next year anyways, but I know a couple of friends that would love it on ps4 as well. We used to race the previous dirt games extensively.

Cheesenium
19-09-2015, 07:33
I'd love to get dirt rally on the ps4, I plan on building a gaming pc sometime next year anyways, but I know a couple of friends that would love it on ps4 as well. We used to race the previous dirt games extensively.

I'll be surprised to see Dirt rally will not be ported to consoles, considering Codemaster has all it's game on consoles while Dirt rally felt like a console game to an extend.

Maybe once they finished releasing the early access content, then, they will announce console builds for PS4 and Xbox One along with a Season Pass. No point announcing these now when the game isnt finished.

C6ckneyGeezer
19-09-2015, 13:38
Here is all the current cars, including their specs available in DiRT Rally to date. As more cars are added, this page will be updated! There is 31 cars in total, with classes ranging from Hillclimb, Rallycross and Rally. With Rally having various sub classes.

http://www.dirtrallygame.com/dirt-rally-cars-and-specs/

bdbass
20-09-2015, 22:10
I plan to buy it as soon as it exits early access. I remember when i was playing Rally Championship 2000 back in the days :cool:, hope this one will be of the same quality.

DragonSyr
11-10-2015, 07:27
i wonder if pcars 2 it will have more than that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-gXRr8yT_4

little fella
11-10-2015, 10:04
More what than that?

wraithsrike
11-10-2015, 12:12
i wonder if pcars 2 it will have more than that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-gXRr8yT_4

More than what?

What are you asking?

John Hargreaves
11-10-2015, 12:29
I think that Dirt Rally will be your best fix for stage rallying for some time to come, as pCars 1-2 will still have more of a circuit racing focus, even if some of those will be loose surface at least in part.
From a comparison between Dirt Rally and pCars 2 so far though, the pCars physics and tyre model is much more detailed imo, so in the longer term, we should have plenty of goodness to look forward to once SMS get onto full rally stages.

SUBGTRACER
03-11-2015, 03:41
http://www.bsimracing.com/dirt-rally-modern-masters-update-released/

A pretty open ended interview with some of the Dirt team , its a good watch if you have 55 min spare .......

I'm keen to add this to my collection if it comes to console ....

Cheesenium
03-11-2015, 03:46
I hope you know that this subforum is for general discussion related to pcars, not for random posting of other games.

Dirt Rally is awesome, but this topic isnt suitable here.

SUBGTRACER
03-11-2015, 03:49
I hope you know that this subforum is for general discussion related to pcars, not for random posting of other games.

Dirt Rally is awesome, but this topic isnt suitable here.

OOps ! sorry not intentional .........hang me .............. I'm sure they will move it bud ..

Neil Bateman
03-11-2015, 05:16
If i send some rope can you hang yourself, im too busy playing dirt rally.

2stains
03-11-2015, 05:39
If i send some rope can you hang yourself, im too busy playing dirt rally.
Jokes are jokes . But I don't think telling someone to kill themselves is a joke though mate. Maybe I'm to sensitivity, but, anyway.

SUBGTRACER
03-11-2015, 05:40
Jokes are jokes . But I don't think telling someone to kill themselves is a joke though mate. Maybe I'm to sensitivity, but, anyway.

Its all good stains ....Thank you ... I have too many games too play yet.

Bealdor
03-11-2015, 05:58
Threads merged.

2stains
03-11-2015, 06:12
Its all good stains ....Thank you ... I have too many games too play yet.

Good stuff Mate.

redruMKO
03-11-2015, 12:53
....Since their heyday, Grid/Dirt2/Dirt3/F12012

Hehe... Codies 'heyday' was Dizzy, MicroMachines, ColinMcRae 1 - 2, ToCA 1 - 2, Game Genie....

...and to bring things back on topic for an SMS forum... I wonder what percentage of staff have remained since SimBin days to present day SMS? People say 'Codies knew how to blah blah blah...' but the company logo doesn't program or model cars, and if all the people there have changed....

havocc
28-11-2015, 22:31
I noticed the offer on Steam ending dec 1st, do you have it? What do you think?

wombat666
29-11-2015, 11:39
Well, IMHO it is the best of the 'Rally' genre today.
Dirt 3 Complete is rubbish.
WRC4 has potential but is a little underdone thus far.
:very_drunk:

havocc
29-11-2015, 14:34
Man, this is how pcars2 should be in off-road mode, a real blast! And i want the th8a now...

mr_belowski
29-11-2015, 15:41
Yeah, it's really good. Don't overlook the 'career' mode - it eases you in gently and helps you appreciate each car's strengths.

Top game

havocc
29-11-2015, 15:49
I have a problem with my wheel, the steering ratio isn't 1:1 with the in-game wheel that rotates a lot less and i go mad at hairpins

mr_belowski
29-11-2015, 15:50
Switch the in-game wheel off. Bish-bosh, problem solved. Doesn't it weird you out to see a wheel on screen as well as the one in your hands?

havocc
29-11-2015, 17:20
Wheel visibility is not the problem, i want to make sure that if steer 90 the car steers like with a 90 steering input irl

Edit: nvm didn't see the wheel calibration page in game :o

Bealdor
30-11-2015, 06:12
Threads merged.

KK78
02-12-2015, 10:21
Apparently Dirt Rally has been certified for a rating on PS4 and Xbox One according to reports out today;

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/dirt_rally/news/dirt_rally_rated_for_ps4_and_xbox_one.html

Good news if true, a decent rally game on consoles is long overdue

BigFred
02-12-2015, 16:46
I was *fairly* convinced this would never come to console, but they would do some watered down version instead.

First problem is I believe it was written in the old ego engine, rather than the new. So in order to migrate to new consoles they would have to implement the functionality in the new engine they have written for F1 2015 rather than implement the old engine on the current gen of consoles.

Second, to me it is very much a sim, not easy to play and unforgiving. Unless they dumb down the controls a lot, it isn't going to do that well on console IMO and it needs more "consoley" things to do, such as were in Dirt 3.

I'll stick my neck out again and say that if it comes to console as is, it will not be a sales success. That said, seems like I was wrong about it releasing on console, so maybe I'll be utterly wrong again.

havocc
02-12-2015, 20:10
It's pretty hard without assists, i started career and couldn't do better than 5th (with more than a minute gap) in the first 3 stages with Mini :eek:

Cheesenium
03-12-2015, 05:12
I was *fairly* convinced this would never come to console, but they would do some watered down version instead.

First problem is I believe it was written in the old ego engine, rather than the new. So in order to migrate to new consoles they would have to implement the functionality in the new engine they have written for F1 2015 rather than implement the old engine on the current gen of consoles.

Second, to me it is very much a sim, not easy to play and unforgiving. Unless they dumb down the controls a lot, it isn't going to do that well on console IMO and it needs more "consoley" things to do, such as were in Dirt 3.

I'll stick my neck out again and say that if it comes to console as is, it will not be a sales success. That said, seems like I was wrong about it releasing on console, so maybe I'll be utterly wrong again.

I always think this game and also Grid Autosport needs to be on console as back then Autosport was released, console was quite lacking of racing games as Drive Club and Forza 5 was the only console racing games on console so Autosport will get a decent bump in sales. In the mean time, I think it is a quite good racing game in it's own ways.

I do not think just because Dirt Rally is a "sim", it has no place on consoles. pCARS seemed to did quite well on consoles which I think Dirt Rally will do decently too. In the mean time, AC is also planning to move to console sometime next year which I am pretty sure that only a good racing game sells, not whether it's a sim or not.

There is also a reason why the old EGO being ported to consoles because the new engine doesnt do long routes well at the moment where Codemaster might even have a fork of the Ego engine where they have a separate rally engine that do long routes well with average details and a closed track version for F1, Grid and possibly that rumored touring car game that has higher fidelity in visuals for shorter tracks.

The only other console rally game was WRC5, we all know how good was that game. SLRE, I still have a lot of doubts on Milestone because they have way too many projects to polish them well. Dirt Rally will scratch that itch for a good rally game on console as it is probably one of the best since CMR4 for me.

If Dirt Rally heading to console, that is definitely a good news. Hopefully there will be post release DLC as I do hope for more rallycross tracks and rally routes. More cars wont hurt too. It is a difficult game but it is damn satisfying when you nailed everything right. Hard games sells on console too, if not titles like Bloodbrone, Dark Souls or even XCOM wont exist on consoles if every console player only cares about "arcade" games.

BigFred
03-12-2015, 12:24
I always think this game and also Grid Autosport needs to be on console as back then Autosport was released, console was quite lacking of racing games as Drive Club and Forza 5 was the only console racing games on console so Autosport will get a decent bump in sales. In the mean time, I think it is a quite good racing game in it's own ways.

I do not think just because Dirt Rally is a "sim", it has no place on consoles. pCARS seemed to did quite well on consoles which I think Dirt Rally will do decently too. In the mean time, AC is also planning to move to console sometime next year which I am pretty sure that only a good racing game sells, not whether it's a sim or not.

There is also a reason why the old EGO being ported to consoles because the new engine doesnt do long routes well at the moment where Codemaster might even have a fork of the Ego engine where they have a separate rally engine that do long routes well with average details and a closed track version for F1, Grid and possibly that rumored touring car game that has higher fidelity in visuals for shorter tracks.

The only other console rally game was WRC5, we all know how good was that game. SLRE, I still have a lot of doubts on Milestone because they have way too many projects to polish them well. Dirt Rally will scratch that itch for a good rally game on console as it is probably one of the best since CMR4 for me.

If Dirt Rally heading to console, that is definitely a good news. Hopefully there will be post release DLC as I do hope for more rallycross tracks and rally routes. More cars wont hurt too. It is a difficult game but it is damn satisfying when you nailed everything right. Hard games sells on console too, if not titles like Bloodbrone, Dark Souls or even XCOM wont exist on consoles if every console player only cares about "arcade" games.

Grid Autosport would probably have done a whole lot better in terms of sales if it had made the new consoles - you are right there was a lack of racing games then. Grid A is probably the closest thing to PCars in terms of track and car types, but doesn't have the sim element. My guess is that they couldn't get the engine ready in time and wanted the cash flow.

Some people want sims on console, but most people who want sims are on PC because of mods etc. PCars did well on console because it was new franchise, but a lot of console users moaned about poor controls and difficulty rating. These guys go and don't come back, even when the controls are fixed. How popular PCars is on console is not tested by PCars 1. It's tested by PCars 2.

I don't think they can afford a separate fork. They are having enough issues producing the engine as is and maintaining it, without having two different flavours on several different formats. The only way you can make cash is to invest in one engine and leverage it to the hilt. If they do have two flavours they will under maintain and both will suffer.

I guess Dirt in some guise had to make it onto PS4/Xbone one way or other, otherwise the franchise is dead.

KK78
03-12-2015, 14:15
PCars, the most sim racer on consoles, sold tremendously well on consoles (probably what has allowed PCars 2 to be announced so soon) and I see no reason why a sim like rally game won't do the same, console owners lambasted the Dirt series before for becoming to arcadey

BigFred
03-12-2015, 15:35
PCars, the most sim racer on consoles, sold tremendously well on consoles (probably what has allowed PCars 2 to be announced so soon) and I see no reason why a sim like rally game won't do the same, console owners lambasted the Dirt series before for becoming to arcadey

Maybe they did lambast it, but it didn't stop them buying it. "tremendously well" - in who's opinion and compared to what ?

Look at the sales figures for PCars and compare them with Dirt 2, Dirt 3, FH2 and Driveclub (which were single platform games). The message is that arcade/simcade sells.

That doesn't mean you can't make a nice living out of sim and there isn't a market for it, just that you can't make as good a one as you can out of simcade.

My guess is that if they do dirt rally as a sim on console they will make less than half the sales of Pcars. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong by the way.

BigFred
07-12-2015, 16:50
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-07-dirt-rally-rides-onto-playstation-4-xbox-one-in-april

Dirt rally hits consoles in April.

mister dog
07-12-2015, 16:53
And version 1.0 with the new Sweden stages is out on steam too.

havocc
07-12-2015, 17:00
And version 1.0 with the new Sweden stages is out on steam too.

Snowy or bumpy tracks? I found myself much more competitive on icy/snowy tarmac than pebbly and bumby tracks atleast with 60s cars

Rockefelluh
07-12-2015, 17:08
I am so pumped for it on Xbox. Amazing how many quality racing games there are right now.

mister dog
07-12-2015, 17:10
Snowy or bumpy tracks? I found myself much more competitive on icy/snowy tarmac than pebbly and bumby tracks atleast with 60s cars
Still downloading, but this might serve as an indication:

http://i67.tinypic.com/akx1g1.jpg

havocc
07-12-2015, 17:17
Now that's gonna be fun especially because trees are distant from the track :D

RoccoTTS
07-12-2015, 17:20
2016 is gonna be a top year for sim lovers on console !
Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa, new DLC for PCARS !

Rockefelluh
07-12-2015, 17:47
How does the liveries work in Dirt Rally? Just one for each car, or a selectable few like PCARS?

Cheesenium
08-12-2015, 01:05
How does the liveries work in Dirt Rally? Just one for each car, or a selectable few like PCARS?

Similar to pcars, some cars has a few selectable ones with a mixture of official and ficitonal ones while some cars like Audi Quattro only has official.

Steve UK
08-12-2015, 11:22
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-07-dirt-rally-rides-onto-playstation-4-xbox-one-in-april

Dirt rally hits consoles in April.

looking FORWARD TO THIS :-)

bdbass
08-12-2015, 19:50
I kind of hate the driving in this game :(
A very bad feeling of the car, even on tarmac i don't have a clue if there's grip or if it's sliding like hell.

wicker man
09-12-2015, 17:09
looking FORWARD TO THIS :-)

me to, sweet

havocc
09-12-2015, 17:26
A 10GB update yesterday...and ppl complaing about PCars patches being too big...:)

Schadows
10-12-2015, 09:17
Size doesn't matter (that's what she said!)

RomKnight
10-12-2015, 09:51
Bought this yesterday (20GB dload!) tried it... I don't think it is for me. Going for a refund.

The only complaint (apart me being unfit to rally it seems) is menu navigation... I can do everything in the wheel I know but always looking for the right button, I never know if the car was fixed (and still don't know what button to press to "match recommendations") going back to main menu, alt+tab makes me configure video options again (this one really kills me :D ), you get the idea.

And the annoying texture flickering... I do hear psy trance but i can pass the visual side of it thank you :D

Other than that I enjoy'ed it and Actually liked the looks, especially on replays.

But again, I'm not a rally driver. I played 96m so i'm thinking of a refund.

mister dog
10-12-2015, 22:09
But again, I'm not a rally driver. I played 96m so i'm thinking of a refund.
Don't. Once you get the hang of it (as it is very much different than circuit racing), the experience is erection inducing.

Even Empty box is loving it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mug7v1btElA&index=84&list=WL

LukeC
20-12-2015, 02:28
I've just watched some cockpit gameplay vids on YouTube and it looks rather good. I'm massively excited about this, especially Pikes Peak. I have very fond memories of trying to beat the Pike Peak record in Collin Mcreae Dirt and massively enjoying it despite the mediocre physics and force feedback.

With the much improved physics and forcefeedback in Dirt Rally I will be in heaven. Plus there are some very tasty group B cars waiting for me...

Ian Bell
20-12-2015, 02:32
I really enjoy Dirt Rally. I use a One controller on PC for it and think it feels excellent overall. Some of Codie's best work IMO.

If I were to find one small fault, I don't think there's enough of a feeling of the tyres 'bedding in' on the loose surfaces, something we're working very hard on for the physics we'll ship in pCARS2.

Figuur84
20-12-2015, 02:47
I really enjoy Dirt Rally. I use a One controller on PC for it and think it feels excellent overall. Some of Codie's best work IMO.

If I were to find one small fault, I don't think there's enough of a feeling of the tyres 'bedding in' on the loose surfaces, something we're working very hard on for the physics we'll ship in pCARS2.

Jeah, I'm really looking forward for Dirt Rally on PS4 (that carsound alone.... hmmm)! Nice to hear you like it too! Also looking forward for Pcars2!! Makes me curious what you guys mean by 'loose surfaces' as I read it will not be rally.... A little hint/teaser?? ;)

LukeC
20-12-2015, 03:01

A one controller? I though you were a bit more hardcore than that and used a wheel exclusively.;)

I've heard a lot of positive things about this game and if a slight lack of feel for tyres bedding in is the biggest criticism one can level against this game then I think we are in for a real treat.

By the way, have you played it with a forcefeedback wheel, and if yes, what's it like?

P.S. How much rally content are we likely to see in Pcars 2. Will there be full rallies or just rally cross and some hill climbs like pikes peak?

Ryzza5
20-12-2015, 03:13
Watch these two videos back to back of real world rally drivers playing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xw8DJY7aZQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6l7zjaTGHU

Yeah thanks, but no thanks, Milestone.

Ian Bell
20-12-2015, 03:57
A one controller? I though you were a bit more hardcore than that and used a wheel exclusively.;)

I've heard a lot of positive things about this game and if a slight lack of feel for tyres bedding in is the biggest criticism one can level against this game then I think we are in for a real treat.

By the way, have you played it with a forcefeedback wheel, and if yes, what's it like?

P.S. How much rally content are we likely to see in Pcars 2. Will there be full rallies or just rally cross and some hill climbs like pikes peak?

Well I am yeah, but work dictates I do most of the testing with the most common input device.

I also played it with a wheel of course. It's good. Not as good as we are but good :)

Equation
20-12-2015, 10:07
DiRT Rally modelled Finland pretty good. I need to read preview and other comment before SLoeb because I am now more carefully before I think pre-order or buy it in day one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfjoT-N1f6s

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/payday/images/3/3f/Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/640?cb=20140806123327

Bealdor
20-12-2015, 14:18
Threads merged.

Jocker
20-12-2015, 22:30
Pikes Peak and the Peugeot 208 T16 PP it's possible in PC1 ? Or only a dream ? Lol

SUBGTRACER
21-12-2015, 02:42
I'm very much looking forward to this game !

Cant wait !

Cheesenium
23-12-2015, 05:11
Pikes Peak and the Peugeot 208 T16 PP it's possible in PC1 ? Or only a dream ? Lol

Not sure why you want them in Pcars 1.

For dirt rally,it is very much known that we won't get them in dirt rally because it is hard to license Peugeot cars according to Codemaster.

DragonSyr
23-12-2015, 05:58
Well I am yeah, but work dictates I do most of the testing with the most common input device.

I also played it with a wheel of course. It's good. Not as good as we are but good :)

i confirm that .... wheel ffb is weak ,(pcars ffb is awesome) but it is good .
in scale, pcars 10 , dirt 4.

Mark Silcock
23-12-2015, 11:25
Not sure why you want them in Pcars 1.

For dirt rally,it is very much known that we won't get them in dirt rally because it is hard to license Peugeot cars according to Codemaster.

Shame these guys have a license deal as it doesn't look any where near Dirt Rally standards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLahxXzhZ-M

rauf0
23-12-2015, 16:24
Im not fully convinced to that title, but have to admit on our simracing site Dirt Rally become fastest growing and attracting new players racing game.
pCARS - what makes me really sad - vice versa.

LukeC
23-12-2015, 22:18
Shame these guys have a license deal as it doesn't look any where near Dirt Rally standards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLahxXzhZ-M

Graphically it looks about the same as Colin Mcreae dirt at the beginning of the PS3 generation. That wouldn't matter so much to me if it the physics and forcefeedback were really good. Unfortunately knowing milestone it is not realistic to have high expectations in this area.

Still Pikes Peak and those cars are very tempting, although I think I will wait a few months and get Dirt Rally instead.

LukeC
24-12-2015, 01:44
I just learned there is a demo on Ps4, Xbox and PC. I'm downloading it right now. Having seen a few more gameplay vids of this, it looks as though graphically this is a massive, MASSIVE improvement on WRC5. If the physics and forcefeedback are decent and there is no input lag, this should be fun.

BigDad
24-12-2015, 01:59
I'm playing Sebastien Loeb rally on ps4 with a Fanatec GT2 and it feels quite good but game is locked to 30fps so looks pretty ordinary compared to what we are used to with pcars.

LukeC
24-12-2015, 02:15
I wasn't expecting anywhere near Pcars graphics. The fact that it feels good is very encouraging and the fact that both pikes peak versions are included and the stages are modelled on the actual real life stages and not dumbed down in terms of width and corner profiles, might just be enough for me to pick this up.

I've still got about half an hour of the download left to go, so I'll know for sure soon.

Schnizz58
24-12-2015, 04:28
Can't wait to hear what you think about it. Living here at the foot of Pikes Peak that's of particular interest to me.

LukeC
24-12-2015, 05:36
Can't wait to hear what you think about it. Living here at the foot of Pikes Peak that's of particular interest to me.

Visually it's pretty good, although it won't knock your socks off. In terms of feel, certainly nowhere near as good as the rally content in GT6. It actually feels pretty good on loose surfaces, but on Tarmac it's pretty meh.

I think it would be a solid rally game if it weren't for Dirt Rally to compare it to. I don't know at this stage but I think I'll wait until Dirt Rally comes out on the PS4 to get my rally fill.

havocc
27-12-2015, 21:01
Pikes peak mode is pure madness, harder than lotus 49C with vintage tyres at the nos, are cars with that giant rear wing supposed to have monster oversteer?

Salty Dog
03-01-2016, 11:44
Really looking forward to DIRT and Sebastien Loeb rally on PS4 after being a bit disappointed with WRC5 although it was Kylotons first attempt with wrc5. lets hope they get it ironed out for the next one.
Good times for console racing.

Schumi-
03-01-2016, 16:40
Picked this up the other day, and oh my, finding it very hard indeed, nice to see Codies back on the right track *excuse the pun* but really enjoying it so far, i dont think i have finished one stage yet without binning the car :D . With Dirt Rally and Project Cars, i am a very happy person, two brilliant games indeed.

poirqc
04-01-2016, 18:04
The mini cooper is awesome, the pike peak just felt weird.

A good game to get nonetheless for everyone that likes Rally games! :D

havocc
07-01-2016, 19:55
The mini cooper is awesome, the pike peak just felt weird.

A good game to get nonetheless for everyone that likes Rally games! :D

Wait until you get 70's cars and you will suffer while trying to to keep the Stratos on track in sweden :D

SUBGTRACER
07-01-2016, 21:15
Long wait for console :( ............... I will pick it up day one .

Salty Dog
10-02-2016, 03:09
Long wait for console :( ............... I will pick it up day one .

Only about 57 days off the top of my head, not that im counting or anything haha, thats not too long of a wait.

I love rally, this will be a first day buy for me, im hoping i can get a special edition physical copy with some extra content, but not sure if theres one?

cheers.

T0MMY
10-02-2016, 03:53
Only about 57 days off the top of my head, not that im counting or anything haha, thats not too long of a wait.

I love rally, this will be a first day buy for me, im hoping i can get a special edition physical copy with some extra content, but not sure if theres one?

cheers.

I think there is a "Legendary Edition" that comes with a upgraded Mini Cooper S for career and a exclusive livery.

Salty Dog
10-02-2016, 07:11
I think there is a "Legendary Edition" that comes with a upgraded Mini Cooper S for career and a exclusive livery.

Thanks Tommy, appreciate that.

M-Bimmer
27-03-2016, 21:37
Lancia Stratos at Monte Carlo.

http://youtu.be/k7DECaptqRg

Salty Dog
10-04-2016, 10:14

Sounds great to me Ian, absolutely cannot wait for PC2.

FS7
29-09-2016, 17:58
Dirt Rally is currently on sale on Steam, 50% off.