PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Ramming Spoiling Multiplayer

Ramshackle
28-05-2015, 00:21
There really needs to be a penalty system implemented for hitting cars from behind at speed. Too many people are starting to work out there are some great spots to ram people off track, forcing you to incur penalties. A prime spot is the first chicane at Monza. It's so easy for someone to just slam into you as you brake for the chicane (I'm not talking about first lap eaither), forcing you to "cut" the track. Meanwhile, the impact of the hit slowed them down nicely enough to take the chicane properly and sail past... while you serve a penalty.

Also had too many incidents where I'm just managing to stay ahead of someone lap after lap. Then when the race is nearly over, they decide the only way they'll get past is to ram me off track. So annoying to spend 15 mins qualifying, 20 mins racing, then someone just undoes all your work with one simple ram.

Yes, I could avoid that by playing with groups I know. But I should be able to jump online and have a half decent race where people can't get away with blatant dirty tactics.

cloakdeath
28-05-2015, 02:24
Yup. 4/5 people race dirty, sadly. Ignorant and don't want to learn. Like not breaking at all, pushing somebody into the gravel, and then they rejoin the race right away when a bunch of cars are coming and bang, another nice pile up.

JessicaWalter
28-05-2015, 02:53
i knew what would be in here but i had to click because it said "tactical ramming"...sounds like a "movie" *wink,wink" "nudge,nudge"

edit: on topic: i completely agree. the entire "real motorsports rules" and all that (paraphrasing) is what drew me to the game (that and the legitimate variety of quality cars and physics). i hope it doesn't end up with illegitimate leaderboards like almost every other online game does, for one reason or another.

blacknred81
28-05-2015, 04:44
When I heard tactical ramming I thought it was gonna be a thread about the Bump and Run technique from NASCAR

RedDave84
28-05-2015, 06:40
Here's me getting done over by dirty racer PROSEVEN7 on PS4. I get a 5 second penalty for him using me instead of his breaks. There needs to be a way to stop this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RzMK_qQ5vY

Arkymedes
28-05-2015, 06:54
I shouldn't laugh, but it gave me a chuckle! And he continues racing as nothing happened.

RedDave84
28-05-2015, 07:13
I purposefully applied the breaks well early because he'd been driving like an ass and then I get the penalty.

Ramshackle
28-05-2015, 07:20
Here's me getting done over by dirty racer PROSEVEN7 on PS4. I get a 5 second penalty for him using me instead of his breaks. There needs to be a way to stop this.

Exactly what I'm talking about. It's getting to the point where it's putting me off playing online.

Pink_650S
28-05-2015, 07:27
When a lapped car waits for you, only to take you out, that really is tactical ramming.
And something needs to done to penalize these lousy 12-year olds :chargrined:

RedDave84
28-05-2015, 07:32
^^^^ I've just seen your sig, you should join www.matsuoracing.com. There a good bunch who host clean lobbies every night.

LADY GEMMA JANE
28-05-2015, 07:38
Rammers will always ram , its a shame

Pink_650S
28-05-2015, 07:41
^^^^ I've just seen your sig, you should join www.matsuoracing.com. There a good bunch who host clean lobbies every night.

I've already raced with you guys, good fun, very clean.
But l'm not interested in joining for several reasons.

RedDave84
28-05-2015, 07:49
Fair enough

hostaman
28-05-2015, 12:07
Unfortunately there's no simple way for them to fix this without "Ghosting" one of the cars as they do on GT.

Otherwise you could troll the guy behind you by slamming on your brakes on a straight and giving him a ramming penalty.

I don't see a problem with Ghosting, but the purists hate it, as it's not "realistic".

Phishfinger
28-05-2015, 20:15
What about instead of ghosting the whole race you had the ability to turn your car into a ghost for around 5 seconds, 3 times per race? That way if you're on the last corner and you know a guy is going to ram you, you activate the ghost mode and see out the race. You'd have to be careful not to waste your ghost time but it would give you more control over the situation without ruining the realism completely.

I don't think many of us mind a bit of paint trading, it's just the blatant cheating that needs to be cut out. Even better would be if you didn't look like a ghost to your opponent, that way you could have the satisfaction of winning the race and watching him drive through you and into the wall on the last corner, it might make them think twice before doing it again!

could_do_better
28-05-2015, 20:18
Cheater will always cheat they'd find another way, probably drive straight through you, cut the corner and still win.
The only real answer is to find a set of people with mutual trust and respect, but that's the benefit of this forum it should be simple to get into a formal or informal group for leagues or just fun.

cloakdeath
28-05-2015, 23:35
Spent 3 hours tonight trying to get any decent racing on public servers, it's clearly not going to happen. No sorting by assist, no sorting by player skill, after searching the lobbies mostly say race in progress, and nearly every lobby uses heavy cars that are very vulnerable to being bounced off of in the corners. Just gets my blood pressure up, it's not worth it anymore. People braking randomly all over the place at high speeds.. you need some level of trust between drivers for a decent race, and in a public lobby it happens once per 50 races...:hopelessness:

321Respawn
29-05-2015, 00:10
To be fair you braked well ahead of the braking zone as you can see from the car in front .The guy behind you quite rightly would have expected you to brake later .
If you plan to brake early do it off the racing line .

Tobias
29-05-2015, 01:53
Sometimes people ram other racers by accident. Project Cars is new game, lot of new people trying to play sim game for the first time(like me). Although some group of players who complain about rammers do mistakes like early braking or racing very risky. I think you need to chill in public games and play more serious with friends.

Worm
29-05-2015, 04:06
Collision doesn't happen if it creates (X) amount of force? Just make the game ghost the crasher and let him run through and serve an escalating second penalty for doing it for however much force he hits with.

RedDave84
29-05-2015, 07:21
To be fair you braked well ahead of the braking zone as you can see from the car in front .The guy behind you quite rightly would have expected you to brake later .
If you plan to brake early do it off the racing line .

LOL. WHAT?!

I purposfully moved off the racing line and breaked VERY gently to give warning I was going to slow down. I gave him every opertunity to not be a dick. He stayed behind me with the intention of ramming me off track. Its clear as day.

RedDave84
29-05-2015, 07:23
Sometimes people ram other racers by accident. Project Cars is new game, lot of new people trying to play sim game for the first time(like me). Although some group of players who complain about rammers do mistakes like early braking or racing very risky. I think you need to chill in public games and play more serious with friends.

Did you watch the video? It is happening purposefully.

RedDave84
29-05-2015, 07:25
Collision doesn't happen if it creates (X) amount of force? Just make the game ghost the crasher and let him run through and serve an escalating second penalty for doing it for however much force he hits with.

That is an excellent idea

Luke Townsend
29-05-2015, 07:29
LOL. WHAT?!

I purposfully moved off the racing line and breaked VERY gently to give warning I was going to slow down. I gave him every opertunity to not be a dick. He stayed behind me with the intention of ramming me off track. Its clear as day.

Agreed. The first part of the video shows the car behind didn't brake at all - the driver in front may have braked a bit early but his brake lights were obvious to anyone following. The car behind just carried on straight without braking at all.

RedDave84
29-05-2015, 10:30
Here's another:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqukzE-c0-c

I've had ONE good game in public lobbies, just one. Wankers everywhere.

dave64
29-05-2015, 10:51
agree every race

RDogg
29-05-2015, 11:44
Here is a nice little counter-measure for you.

If you suspect someone is about to ram you, do the following. Watch your mirrors, judge the distance he is to your car. Stay on the racing line, just as you think he is about to ram you, weave off the line, and break hard. Then watch said idiot go flying off the track. Works for me everytime!

You can also do this on straights. If someone keeps bashing into you while you are overtaking, wait till he is about to hit you, brake/downshift to quickly lose a bit of speed and you'll clip his backend causing him too spin.

STINGER_LP
29-05-2015, 12:02
I agree that such accidents are pretty dissapointing for those of us, who prefer drive properly and sane, I won't even mention about obeying FIA rules...

I think that it would be great if SMS would develop a penalty system like this:
1) To leave the opportunity for those slammer to play and have fun with such slammers like themselves there should be a separate settings in lobby system called like "Strict mode" / "Sane driving only" / etc. which enables the penalty system for this particular lobby.
2) This setting should be closely tied to a corresponding global "Strict mode" reputation system applied to each user. This rep system is taken into account only for those "Strict mode" online races.
3) During such "Strict mode" races for each inadequate action, for each slam and caused accident user should get a penalty which will decrease his reputation.
4) After reaching some low level of reputation value user won't be able to join races in "Strict mode" any more.
5) To leave the opportunity for rehabilitate his reputation and gain the right to join "Strict mode" online races user should complete some amount of races in general mode.

This can decrease the amount of intentionally provoked accidents. There would be a lot of nuances in such penalty system, but you got the basics.

hkraft300
29-05-2015, 12:03
Awesome tactics!
I won't lie, I've done the same. In formula As I've often overtaken fast on DRS and KERS and watched them miss my back end and fly into the wall :)
I've also rear-ended a few times unintentionally but soft enough that they don't fly off track, as I was on the brakes before impact just a little later than they were. The times they did fly off track, I wait for them to rejoin ahead of me.

PS track blockers on Formula A races... GRRR... I'll ram them and troll them.

We should all pay attention to and use votes to kick sh!t players more often.

In that video it's obvious the rammer didn't bother touching his brakes until after the collision

Ramshackle
29-05-2015, 12:25

I've been playing racing games since Super Monaco GP on the Megadrive. I've been racing in online leagues since the PS3 came out. I know when someone is just being careless and I know when someone is just playing outright dirty. The guy who provided a link earlier did brake quite early, but even then, there's no way he should have been hit at that kind of speed and shoved completely off track without it being intentional.

Andysrollei
30-05-2015, 03:50
I see that we have threads for posting names of other clean racers for the different platforms. Maybe a sticky thread for posting the names of dirty racers?
I just had an encounter at Azure on the last corner a player by the name of "paolo_militico95" (PS4) rams me into the wall and scoots past for an easy win.

Andy

sswishbone
30-05-2015, 05:59
Unfortunately tactical ramming has been spoiling multi-player for absolutely years and no one seems to do anything. I remember Grid Autosport tried to have a system where you had rep for incidents. Except if you were hit not only did you have to pay damage to the car but got red marked so that system was totally useless!

RedDave84
30-05-2015, 07:30
I see that we have threads for posting names of other clean racers for the different platforms. Maybe a sticky thread for posting the names of dirty racers?
I just had an encounter at Azure on the last corner a player by the name of "paolo_militico95" (PS4) rams me into the wall and scoots past for an easy win.

Andy

I fear the servers won't have enough memory....

evohicks
30-05-2015, 08:16
It seems some guys just don't want you to pass at any cost. Even not doing quali to come through the pack there are people at the back hell bent on ramming you off. Not enough people using vote kick, or don't know how. It's spoiling the game right now as the host has no control over his lobby and the rammer is just laughing at us. We need the host to be able to kick ASAP and then the idiots will get bored!

RedDave84
30-05-2015, 08:22
Yes I agree. That, paired with a rep system is what we need.

I'm sick of the the quali idiots. I know for a fact that their lap time is invalid because I see them go off track and then I come steaming up behind them and they purposfully get in my way, 9/10 this is why I NEVER qualify in the cesspool. I've had to start waiting 1.5 minutes before setting off so I've got a lap of clean air.

kaa0s
30-05-2015, 08:48
It seems some guys just don't want you to pass at any cost. Even not doing quali to come through the pack there are people at the back hell bent on ramming you off. Not enough people using vote kick, or don't know how. It's spoiling the game right now as the host has no control over his lobby and the rammer is just laughing at us. We need the host to be able to kick ASAP and then the idiots will get bored!

There also needs to be a timer after being kicked out of a lobby before you can rejoin it. No matter how many times you kick some people they will join back in immediately. Had that happen the other day and it got pretty annoying. To the point that we organised to try and each push the "start race" button as quickly as possible to get the game started before he gets back in again, and sure enough 1 second remaining on the timer there he is :D Actually quite funny but still the point remains.

Andy Apex
30-05-2015, 16:55
It does seem with the cloud and all all the data being kept, that you could that being SMS create a driver ranking system on number of clean laps driven without incident.

The cleaner you are, the higher your ranking.
Then when setting up a race, you could choose drivers with a certain number rank. The higher the better.

It would weed out the "Bobby Bashers", the "Charlie Crashers" & "Dave Dive bombers", and whatever other names you can think of. LOL.

They would then have to go race themselves in total and utter chaos.

RedDave84
30-05-2015, 19:01
Side swipe Steves?

sswishbone
31-05-2015, 06:49
The Takeout Terry's, Fender-bendering Freddie's, Pile-up Paul's, Ramming Roger's (ooh er Missus!)... Anymore people?

Vic Flange
31-05-2015, 08:46

Andy

I have encountered this imbecile too. I had driven a poor race and was a tail end Charlie in a night race. He turned his lights off and drove the wrong way down a very dark part of the track so that I plowed into him at full tilt. Jackass.

ccvampyre
31-05-2015, 19:12
WMD must implement contact penalties!!!!

the game is unplayable online in its current form.

JeyD02
31-05-2015, 20:40
Here is a nice little counter-measure for you.

If you suspect someone is about to ram you, do the following. Watch your mirrors, judge the distance he is to your car. Stay on the racing line, just as you think he is about to ram you, weave off the line, and break hard. Then watch said idiot go flying off the track. Works for me everytime!

You can also do this on straights. If someone keeps bashing into you while you are overtaking, wait till he is about to hit you, brake/downshift to quickly lose a bit of speed and you'll clip his backend causing him too spin.

It doesn't always work rammer are so unpredictable and sometimes many of these rammers are amateurs that are still learning track, still learning their breaking judgement, innocently tried to take a passing line, have lower break pressure, can't distance his breaking gap from other cars, purposely want to ram you, lack of vision, can't cope with pressure. The list goes on.

Andy Apex
01-06-2015, 03:14
" Roger Rammer" or "Hank the Hammer" :-)

Mancunain
01-06-2015, 11:27
Agreed. The first part of the video shows the car behind didn't brake at all - the driver in front may have braked a bit early but his brake lights were obvious to anyone following. The car behind just carried on straight without braking at all.

it also shows the rammer clearly follow the path of the 2nd car, to hit him i presume.. it was a terrible line to turn in quick from, the 1st car was already braking/turning showing him what path to go (but i doubt he didnt know the track tbh)
the 3rd car, with a HUGE beneifit of doubt here in my estimation of him... but even if he didnt know track must see the 1st car turn right.. and why follow the 2nd car to the right seeing the bend goes there quite sharp as 1st car turned..
it was an intentional ram... a laser guided one..
they should buy demolition derby or some rubbish like that.. but even that game will probably highlight how terrible a driver he/she/they really are..

h3lld3r
01-06-2015, 13:42

EXACTLY THAT HAPPENED TO ME, IN THE SAME TRACK IN SPA IN CURVE SAME, I've created some topics dealing about it but people do not understand.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/PACIENTE%20.../video/2857973

look at the end of this video, he deliberately sought the back of my car, why did he not braked at Inside Line?

he just passed me by who practiced this dirty technique.

hostaman
01-06-2015, 15:41
Much as I hate feeding trolls I always brake early for nasty chicanes like these. I don't win this way, but a least I don't get punted over a corner.

_Kicks_
01-06-2015, 20:58
EXACTLY THAT HAPPENED TO ME, IN THE SAME TRACK IN SPA IN CURVE SAME, I've created some topics dealing about it but people do not understand.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/PACIENTE%20.../video/2857973

look at the end of this video, he deliberately sought the back of my car, why did he not braked at Inside Line?

he just passed me by who practiced this dirty technique.

Whilst I agree that on-line there are a good number of people who want to try and cheat/ram their way up to pole-position, I do not believe we should tar all with the same brush. It's actually quite a demanding game (I love it), both physically and mentally - when you're not used to it. I've just purchased this game, plus a wheel. I am using muscles in my legs and feet that I didn't know were being under-used. It's fast-paced, mentally and physically. I do my very best not to brake late, but I have made mistakes in the past. If you're using a controller or a wheel, it's not easy to type "SRY" over the text-channel.

This video you have posted, and the other one on the other thread, may well have been driver-error without malicious-intent.

I've seen malicious-intent on the track (so you're not wrong in that sense, it does exist), but there can be *simple driver error*.

Ramshackle
01-06-2015, 21:33
Just thought I'd add this vid to show how great the racing can be when racing fair. I jumped into a random lobby lastnight and ended up having an amazing race with one particular random. Wheel to wheel, nose to tail, clean cutbacks and no blocking when the other is obviously carrying more speed. And just watch what he does towards the end after helping me into a spin. Probably the best online race I've had on any game, ever. And this is why the rammers and race spoilers are so frustrating, because the racing in Project Cars can be incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8PCaXgnDmE

_Kicks_
01-06-2015, 21:39
Just thought I'd add this vid to show how great the racing can be when racing fair. I jumped into a random lobby lastnight and ended up having an amazing race with one particular random. Wheel to wheel, nose to tail, clean cutbacks and no blocking when the other is obviously carrying more speed. And just watch what he does towards the end after helping me into a spin. Probably the best online race I've had on any game, ever. And this is why the rammers and race spoilers are so frustrating, because the racing in Project Cars can be incredible.

That was astonishingly fun to watch, Bravo :)

Ramshackle
01-06-2015, 21:46
Thank you. It was even more fun to play! Felt bad for him that he lost it right at the end though. Glad you took the time to watch :D

kaa0s
01-06-2015, 22:35

Yeah when you find the right people it is amazing indeed! Close battles are so much fun and the pressure can be so very real sometimes!

Hyflex
01-06-2015, 23:06
This is what you meant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQLHDB8ak_E

And this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POeqY4cqxcQ

Mancunain
02-06-2015, 01:01
Thank you. It was even more fun to play! Felt bad for him that he lost it right at the end though. Glad you took the time to watch :D

enjoyed it myself :) reminded me of back in the day when gt5's online forums had some great hosts that ran regular good runs... cant wait for when online here is 'mainly' good races :) takes a few weeks for ppl to get used to stuff
Had some great races other night myself, on pCars.. and one of them was even back in 14th-17th spots xD but ye.. good race, clean and such a buzz cos it was tight for so many laps..
Those ramming wasters really dont know what they missing out on..

h3lld3r
02-06-2015, 11:38
This is what you meant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQLHDB8ak_E

And this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POeqY4cqxcQ

people insist that this is normal in a race, and that was an accident, you should not revolt from it.
look that:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29129-MULTIPLAYER-A-LAND-WITHOUT-LAW-(DEVELOPERS-WATCH-THIS)

h3lld3r
02-06-2015, 11:50
Whilst I agree that on-line there are a good number of people who want to try and cheat/ram their way up to pole-position, I do not believe we should tar all with the same brush. It's actually quite a demanding game (I love it), both physically and mentally - when you're not used to it. I've just purchased this game, plus a wheel. I am using muscles in my legs and feet that I didn't know were being under-used. It's fast-paced, mentally and physically. I do my very best not to brake late, but I have made mistakes in the past. If you're using a controller or a wheel, it's not easy to type "SRY" over the text-channel.

This video you have posted, and the other one on the other thread, may well have been driver-error without malicious-intent.

I've seen malicious-intent on the track (so you're not wrong in that sense, it does exist), but there can be *simple driver error*.

okay a simple mistake, but only that you think correct racers take advantage of this situation?

because if you can take advantage of this situation ... I'm sorry, but I do not buy your idea. I don't believe it was accidental, he should have braked on another line

hostaman
02-06-2015, 12:01

WOW!

I've never seen that kind of sportsmanship in a random!

I often pull over to let faster cars pass during qualification, and 9 times out of 10 I get rammed from behind, even off the racing line! Trashing my car and sending me back to the pits :(

I was tactically rammed many times last night. The last time it happened, I managed to catch up to the culprit and shadowed him to the last turn, where I did the same to him and took him out. I'm not proud of this, and I hate being reduced to the same level, but it just feels like the law of the jungle most of the time.

I would love to join a clean racing group but I just never know when I can play, I snatch a game when I can. :(

I just wish SMS had done something, anything, to punish the t***s

o0kami
03-06-2015, 07:54
If the developers increase the damage of the cars when the collide each other, this stuff would end easily. If a car hits another, and both end undriveable, the next time the guy who didn't break at time will think about that twice.

But now the collisions between cars it's a joke, and seems a burnout game some times :)

The solution it's really simple and effective.

Shnoo
03-06-2015, 11:05
The biggest problem is that most peaople think they race clean but they are most of the times very unsave drivers.
They don't simply know what is clean and save and what isn't because it's feeling clean and save for them doesn't always mean it is.
Same thing is inappropriate driving. In many Racing movies you see someone blocking another driver on the straight. But this behaviour is neither save, fair or clean.

I have two examples for that of my own online expierence.

1: People who think passing in the corksscrew on laguna seca is totaly fine. It is not! This is not a passing zone you can't make a save pass there if the other car is not off track. This is just one extreme example of a lot of zones where you simply should not pass and stay behind another car even if you are much faster through there.

2: Bathurst I didn't quali and it was only small 3 car grid. So i started on third. I got to second after T1. My normal laptimes where 10 seconds faster then thairs but i could not pass the car on first place simply because he started blocking me on the straights. I just had to slam the brakes full multiple times (On the straights). After two laps of this driving i pushed him off the track simple as that. He drives unfair so can I. After i told him that his behaviour is very unsave, unclean and unfair he just said that this isn't true it was a legit move. NO IT WASN'T.
I have no problem when someone defends his possition through driving a different line so that i cant pass inside cornors but on straights it's simply a no go.

I'm missing a Racing school in pCars where you learn the simple Basics about Racing behavior and rules. Iracing has a Video series for this. I think a simple Video series would help a bit but if there was a Real Racing School like tutorial this would also improve it for this people which drive that way due the lack of knowledge.

A simple punishing system for both if you get rear ended does nothing at all.

RedDave84
03-06-2015, 17:10
The biggest problem is that most peaople think they race clean but they are most of the times very unsave drivers.
They don't simply know what is clean and save and what isn't because it's feeling clean and save for them doesn't always mean it is.
Same thing is inappropriate driving. In many Racing movies you see someone blocking another driver on the straight. But this behaviour is neither save, fair or clean.

I have two examples for that of my own online expierence.

1: People who think passing in the corksscrew on laguna seca is totaly fine. It is not! This is not a passing zone you can't make a save pass there if the other car is not off track. This is just one extreme example of a lot of zones where you simply should not pass and stay behind another car even if you are much faster through there.

2: Bathurst I didn't quali and it was only small 3 car grid. So i started on third. I got to second after T1. My normal laptimes where 10 seconds faster then thairs but i could not pass the car on first place simply because he started blocking me on the straights. I just had to slam the brakes full multiple times (On the straights). After two laps of this driving i pushed him off the track simple as that. He drives unfair so can I. After i told him that his behaviour is very unsave, unclean and unfair he just said that this isn't true it was a legit move. NO IT WASN'T.
I have no problem when someone defends his possition through driving a different line so that i cant pass inside cornors but on straights it's simply a no go.

I'm missing a Racing school in pCars where you learn the simple Basics about Racing behavior and rules. Iracing has a Video series for this. I think a simple Video series would help a bit but if there was a Real Racing School like tutorial this would also improve it for this people which drive that way due the lack of knowledge.

A simple punishing system for both if you get rear ended does nothing at all.

F1 rules let you make 1 blocking move.

In a public lobby, there really are no rules as to how many blocking moves you may make in succession so I believe you to be in the wrong. It might be unsportsman like but it is still legal. Nigel Mansel was famous for his dummy overtakes, maybe you should learn to do that instead of raging at other legit players.

rotorrian
03-06-2015, 19:08
My pet hate is the douchebags which pull hard left or right and try to ram you off the sides of the track like in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3h5H05LqHE

I find with longer races you reduces the noobs in your room. Try running 10 lap races a your well find a more experienced field of racers

MrFlibble81
03-06-2015, 19:58
I don't really play online cuz I'm still getting used to the game but I have come across plenty of rammers in other racing games and in my honest opinion, most people that feel the need to ram you off the track to get the win are generally not very good racers and have very little idea where the brake point is or what the racing line is so here's what I do.

I'll let them get in front and I'll be sure to stay close enough behind them so as to get a good run at them and usually they get so flustered that I'm close to them that they make a mistake and I sail past (Think Vettel and Button at the 2011 Canadian GP) or they come up with their own racing line which is usually much slower than the proper racing line and I sail past them, or I just outbrake them going into the last corner and I win that way.

Doesn't always work but 70% of the time it seems to.

Shnoo
04-06-2015, 07:16
F1 rules let you make 1 blocking move.

In a public lobby, there really are no rules as to how many blocking moves you may make in succession so I believe you to be in the wrong. It might be unsportsman like but it is still legal. Nigel Mansel was famous for his dummy overtakes, maybe you should learn to do that instead of raging at other legit players.

First at all I don't see where i'm raging.
Second F1 does not allow one Block. There is nearly no Racing Series wich alows blocking simply because its dangures and unsportsmanship. See this
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/16416932

Here is a Little Clip about blocking and Defending.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnnR6ubhrHg

RedDave84
04-06-2015, 08:09
First at all I don't see where i'm raging.
Second F1 does not allow one Block. There is nearly no Racing Series wich alows blocking simply because its dangures and unsportsmanship. See this
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/16416932

Here is a Little Clip about blocking and Defending.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnnR6ubhrHg

LOL

Read the article. You may make one move to defend the racing line, and then you may not move back on it. More than one change of direction to defend your position is not allowed.

That is one block.

Why have you posted a video about Indy when I'm talking about F1? They allow one block.

You don't see where you're raging? I believe you said you nudged them off track. That sort of retaliation, to me is raging considering they left you on track. As I said, there are no such rules online. Learn to dummy a la Nigel Mansel.

Luke Townsend
04-06-2015, 08:18
Learn to dummy a la Nigel Mansel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc1_gk-fZcQ
Watch from 0:16.

+1 Those were the days. Pretty sure F1 didn't have "one change of direction only" rule back then.

Psychomatrix
04-06-2015, 09:18
Mansell tried this more than once to search an advantage with fresh tires. one of the greatest driver. Can remember on a qualifying in brands hatch with 1200 hp. Unbelievable.

Shnoo
04-06-2015, 09:42
LOL

Read the article. You may make one move to defend the racing line, and then you may not move back on it. More than one change of direction to defend your position is not allowed.

That is one block.

Why have you posted a video about Indy when I'm talking about F1? They allow one block.

You don't see where you're raging? I believe you said you nudged them off track. That sort of retaliation, to me is raging considering they left you on track. As I said, there are no such rules online. Learn to dummy a la Nigel Mansel.

Ok if you don't get it the Video just shows the differnce between Blocking and Defending. They are not allowed to change there line after they chose one only because the guy behind is reacting to your racing line. You should really watch this Video again and learn the differnce between blocking and defending. Also there is a part about F1 in that Video too its not only about Indy cars. There was a Time where you where not allowed to defend your pos. in F1. Going left and right on a straight line when the guy behind you wants to pass you is illegal blocking in every racing series.

About the Raging part did I say how i knocked him off the Track ? I did not fishtailed him or Anything I approached from behind and went out of the draft then he pulled over right into my line but only this time I didnt slam my brake to Avoid an Accident.
I could have avoided it but why should I? He could also Avoid such a situation by simply not forcing me to brake full on a Straight line. If you still think this is Raging fine think what you want.

Here is another vid about Blocking on a straight line. Now imagin this with 10 sec differents a laptime. The car would be much faster when he attempts to pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjmVYgdJIpQ

RedDave84
04-06-2015, 15:02
Ok if you don't get it the Video just shows the differnce between Blocking and Defending. They are not allowed to change there line after they chose one only because the guy behind is reacting to your racing line. You should really watch this Video again and learn the differnce between blocking and defending. Also there is a part about F1 in that Video too its not only about Indy cars. There was a Time where you where not allowed to defend your pos. in F1. Going left and right on a straight line when the guy behind you wants to pass you is illegal blocking in every racing series.

About the Raging part did I say how i knocked him off the Track ? I did not fishtailed him or Anything I approached from behind and went out of the draft then he pulled over right into my line but only this time I didnt slam my brake to Avoid an Accident.
I could have avoided it but why should I? He could also Avoid such a situation by simply not forcing me to brake full on a Straight line. If you still think this is Raging fine think what you want.

Here is another vid about Blocking on a straight line. Now imagin this with 10 sec differents a laptime. The car would be much faster when he attempts to pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjmVYgdJIpQ

*Sighs*

In F1, it does not matter if your move is pre-emptive or reactionary. You may move off the line ONCE no matter what. If you react in response to your opponent, that is a block, and it is legal. It is pre-emptive to force the oponant on to a different line. That is a defence. I quite clearly know the difference but you seem to be having trouble understanding that in F1 the move can be reactionary (block) without penalty provided that only one move is made.

*sighs*

What you're saying is that you purposefuly made contact with the back of his car witjout breaking. That is known as a ram. Bad form.

If you are behind another car, it is your responsibility to not hit them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. In a random lobby, there are no block/defence rules. You were in the wrong no matter how unsportsman like the car nfront was because you rammed him off track.

We can keep going round and round in circles here, but the facts won't change.

Ramshackle
04-06-2015, 18:24
Blocking is a funny one that people seem to have different interpretations of. I basically treat other players as I'd like to be treated myself. The more speed someone behind is carrying, the less likely I am to block the pass. If we're going through a series of corners, then I'm gonna make you work for that overtake. But if there's plenty of straight road ahead and you're carrying more speed, then I'm not gonna stop your momentum... and just hope you mess up the next corner (which happens often).

rotorrian
05-06-2015, 06:44
You get one blocking move.

Eg.

[LEGAL BLOCKING]
1. Car A leads Car B
2. Car B pulls to the right to over take Car A
3. Car A then pulls to the left to block B
(same as the V8SC video)

[ILLEGAL BLOCK]
1. Car A leads Car B
3. Car A then pulls to the left to block B
4. Car B then pull left to pass
5. Car A pulls left to Block car B
6. Car B would get a drive through or warning depending on series.

Also under braking if you move left or right its classed as an illegal move.

This will vary from series to series.

Every series has its own regulations you can find the FIA based ones here http://www.fia.com/regulations

Vitamin R
09-06-2015, 03:06
This is why I like NASCAR. If a driver purposely wrecks another he gets the black flag, points and or money docked, and he gets his ass kicked after the race. No slaps with gloves across the face or disputing it over tea.

eracerhead
09-06-2015, 03:45
My pet hate is the douchebags which pull hard left or right and try to ram you off the sides of the track like in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3h5H05LqHE

Was this your video? I'll agree that it looks like the Z3 was pushed into you (or whomever was driving) by the yellow Aston. Maybe it was intentional, maybe it was just a racing incident. But to be honest I lost track of the number of cars taken out in the course of you re-entering the track with a damaged vehicle.

Perhaps that Aston driver caused an accident by a win-at-all-costs attitude; hard to say as I couldn't see what he was doing beforehand. But that goes both ways; at some point, it's gentlemanly to resign at least a position or two and get your car under control before rejoining the race, or even to limp back to the pits at reduced speed.

I find with longer races you reduces the noobs in your room. Try running 10 lap races a your well find a more experienced field of racers

I'll definitely agree with that part.

Shepard2603
10-06-2015, 10:30
You get one blocking move.

Eg.

[LEGAL BLOCKING]
1. Car A leads Car B
3. Car A then pulls to the right to block B
(same as the V8SC video)

[ILLEGAL BLOCK]
1. Car A leads Car B
3. Car A then pulls to the right to block B
4. Car B then pull left to pass
5. Car A pulls left to Block car B
6. Car A would get a drive through or warning depending on series.

Also under braking if you move left or right its classed as an illegal move.

This will vary from series to series.

Every series has its own regulations you can find the FIA based ones here http://www.fia.com/regulations

Should be like this, or am I missing something?

Silva5584
10-06-2015, 16:55
Should be like this, or am I missing something?

Yes it should

sheltys
11-06-2015, 10:18
Haha, I've been a victim of that guy as well.... wasn't his first time apparently...

ccvampyre
11-06-2015, 12:20
i was really dissapointed/suprised that these kind of penalties were not included given the community input into the dev of the game.
for any kind of multiplayer race blocking/swiping/shunting/return to track contact is 100% a game breaker.
and this is clearly the case with PC currently.

it killed gt5/6..

..and i would think not too difficult to impletement.

the sooner the better!!

fingers crossed, but not holding out too much hope atm.

tclancey
11-06-2015, 21:25
All racing sims unfortunately suffer from idiots, I have pondered this problem over and over for many hours and there just isn't a simple way to lock them out. One persons aggressive behaviour is another persons mistake, and how on earth do you tell a computer to decide the difference. How many times they contact a car? How they contact a car? Where they contact a car? This is a crazy amount of data for an application to store and evaluate.

The only thing I think would make any sense, and as far as I know it's never been tested, is to log a simple contact counter, divide the number by past race laps, then group people into a % range in lobbies. That way idiots can smack into idiots and serious racers can have serious races.

And if that idea is ever used I want a share of profits. Thanks!!

xautos
11-06-2015, 21:45
Was this your video? I'll agree that it looks like the Z3 was pushed into you (or whomever was driving) by the yellow Aston. Maybe it was intentional, maybe it was just a racing incident. But to be honest I lost track of the number of cars taken out in the course of you re-entering the track with a damaged vehicle.

Perhaps that Aston driver caused an accident by a win-at-all-costs attitude; hard to say as I couldn't see what he was doing beforehand. But that goes both ways; at some point, it's gentlemanly to resign at least a position or two and get your car under control before rejoining the race, or even to limp back to the pits at reduced speed.

I'll definitely agree with that part.

easily intentional, the driver on the side, look at the angle of the direction coming into the shot. it was the yellow car to blame in that mess, im guessing he came up behind with enough speed, found a gap and then decided to try scare another player out the way or thought he had the gap, however that driver should of just held his line instead of causing that mess, the whole thing would of been resolved without the crash. if you had noticed before, the two cars in the shot were side by side giving room up to that point.. if i were a driver steward, it would be an easy call to make.

Stewmck
10-12-2015, 07:00
i try every time i start Pcars to play multiplayer, EVERY SINGLE GAME i have gotten rammed, just today i got rammed before the starting lights, instant lose. after i placed myself in the top 3 in qualifing. Worse thing is that the rammer drives on unaffected, like the collision was client sided. How hard is it to disqualify them, or even better return them to the pit, cut their engine ect

I dont have any friends that own pcars, so i'm straight outta luck i guess. at least the AI.... wait nvm they ram just as badly

Bruusie
10-12-2015, 11:28
Stewmck...if you are after good clean competitive racing head over to http://rwb-racing.enjin.com/ . I did a few months ago and it's a great place to race.

RTA nOsKiLlS
11-12-2015, 02:08
i try every time i start Pcars to play multiplayer, EVERY SINGLE GAME i have gotten rammed, just today i got rammed before the starting lights, instant lose. after i placed myself in the top 3 in qualifing. Worse thing is that the rammer drives on unaffected, like the collision was client sided. How hard is it to disqualify them, or even better return them to the pit, cut their engine ect

I dont have any friends that own pcars, so i'm straight outta luck i guess. at least the AI.... wait nvm they ram just as badly

Host a lobby yourself. Relentlessly kick any idiot.

Most nights, I have a whole line up of people who I just kick the moment they show up in the lobby. Any new idiots get kicked ASAP, during the race sometimes. Eventually you have people in the lobby who want to race.

I also kick anyone with a red connection, as they just make the whole game lag for everyone. I actually get to race at 60fps most of the time since the kick option has been added. Best thing to be added to this game!

It would be nice if I could personalise the message the kicked player gets to see. Most of them dont understand that "you have been removed from the lobby" means you were kicked for being a cock.