PDA

View Full Version : 3 hours into a 4 hour race....PS4 crashes

Krazee DD
28-05-2015, 03:08
is this the PS4s fault or the game?

Tried the race again after that and only got about 30 mins in before it crashed again.

Pretty frustrated atm. I'm a father and a husband and work full time, I only get so many hours a night to race and so my nights done and I have nothing to show for it. *sad face*

madmax2069
28-05-2015, 04:19
I hope you sent the crash report to sony

apexatspeed
28-05-2015, 05:07
It is the game. No other game I have crashes as much as Project Cars.

Krazee DD
28-05-2015, 05:38
I hope you sent the crash report to sony

You better believe it haha.

Strongly worded, yet passive aggressive.

MrStef85
28-05-2015, 07:29
is this the PS4s fault or the game?

Tried the race again after that and only got about 30 mins in before it crashed again.

Pretty frustrated atm. I'm a father and a husband and work full time, I only get so many hours a night to race and so my nights done and I have nothing to show for it. *sad face*

I've had some crashes to.

Falconeye
28-05-2015, 08:20
Crashes are boring and I have a lot per days. I am wondering if it is not the overheating of the PS4 that is causing this crash since 99% of the console ressources are used with this game. I am afraid my console will not last while using this game...

BSDShoes
28-05-2015, 08:24
It is the game. No other game I have crashes as much as Project Cars.

Battlefield 4 crashed a lot on PS4.

John Hargreaves
28-05-2015, 08:27
It would be worth blowing fluff out of the air vents and keeping the console with good ventilation, just to rule out something simple like that. 3 hours at full throttle's a lot to handle.

'PCARS- it will melt your playstation'

Tell you what mate, 3 hours racing would melt my brain, never mind the hardware, very impressive.

Goresh
28-05-2015, 09:28
I've stopped playing with the hopes a future patch will address the crashes. I also doubt its over heating as I got one while showing a friend the game and it crashed after a half lap at Brands. His 1st impression was not good as a result. Might add I got "the wheel has been disconnected" message and then it crashed.

Ally_bassman
28-05-2015, 11:42
it's never crashed on me......

Nor has BF4......... in two years of ownership I can only recall one crash while playing COD!

Make sure your PS4 is well ventilated and the vents are clear. If it's running hot, this could be causing crashes.

Goresh
28-05-2015, 11:45
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26960-Error-CE-34878-0

I think if you look at the error code given you will see its because the game isn't optimized for the PS4.

MiZtErNiCe
28-05-2015, 12:09
to get the platinum trophy for the game you have to collect a trophy that involves a 24 hour race, what chance have we got if the ps4 cant cope with 3 hours never mind 24, i think that this trophy should be removed and replaced with something more suitable for consoles, what do you guys think?

FoxMulder
28-05-2015, 12:11
My PS4 is sitting at the front edge of my TV stand with nothing around it for at least 1ft, plus I even have it sitting on resonance absorbers so there's even some air flow underneath. Still get the blue screen occasionally.

Jescott71
28-05-2015, 14:55
The game has crashed twice for me from memory, but I've had my PS4 crash when playing other games too, so it doesn't only happen when playing Project Cars.

For what it's worth, I found it works best for me when the PS4 is horizontal and raised slightly off the ground.

Krazee DD
28-05-2015, 14:59
Another bug has popped up. Whenever I go to take a picture using the photo mode the camera is stuck....

It wont move, just sits above the car. (made for a cool pic tho)

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8891/17575544464_9f4907c279_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/sM6g3G)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/sM6g3G) by Krazee DD (https://www.flickr.com/photos/131575953@N05/), on Flickr

lordymatsuo
28-05-2015, 15:14
Its the game no question about it and will hopfully be optimized in further patches.

It reminds me of wen bf4 launched i have crashes all the time, now its got 1.5 years of patches i never crash.

Pcars crashes about 1-2 times a week playing 2-3 hours a night. Its not the end of the world but frustrating definately.

The suggestions to clean vents are ok and may help but this is definately the game at the end of the day. If it isnt run cleanly without fault the devs need to reduce the load one way or another.

Every crash of mine, some 4-5 in total has been going fast around corners its as if the physics on tyres is just eating my ps4 until it crashes.

nhraracer
28-05-2015, 15:17
I've had plenty of crashes on ps4 and the fan wasn't even yet on so it isn't an overheating issue.

KK78
28-05-2015, 15:26
it's never crashed on me......

Nor has BF4......... in two years of ownership I can only recall one crash while playing COD!

Make sure your PS4 is well ventilated and the vents are clear. If it's running hot, this could be causing crashes.

Yeah I've never had BF4 crash, I've had a couple of others bu they needed patches.

apexatspeed
28-05-2015, 17:25
Crashes are boring and I have a lot per days. I am wondering if it is not the overheating of the PS4 that is causing this crash since 99% of the console ressources are used with this game. I am afraid my console will not last while using this game...

I also am concerned Project cars will shorten the life of my PS4. Since I've started playing Project cars my PS4 has not woken up from rest mode twice. I have completely stopped using rest mode.

BSDShoes
28-05-2015, 18:05
Yeah I've never had BF4 crash, I've had a couple of others bu they needed patches.

BF4 usually crashed on me when I attempted to open Battlelog during or between matches.

I also am concerned Project cars will shorten the life of my PS4. Since I've started playing Project cars my PS4 has not woken up from rest mode twice. I have completely stopped using rest mode.

Since 2.0 rest mode has been inconsistent, never use it unless I'm downloading a huge game.