PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Compounds

mkstatto
28-05-2015, 07:25
I am I correct in saying that for Formula A the only tyre availible (apart from rain) is slick and not the F1 style:

Super-soft
Soft
Medium
Hard

Mollan
28-05-2015, 07:27
I think you can choose among soft, medium and hard in the game, but the color band on the side of the tyre will remain yellow for all the three compounds.

mkstatto
28-05-2015, 07:30
I think you can choose among soft, medium and hard in the game, but the color band on the side of the tyre will remain yellow for all the three compounds.

You see I'm confused with this, because those options are in the pit strategy and have in my opionion nothing to do with the car setup, addtionally those options are there for every class you race in. I thought the only place you change them is in the tuning menu where it is defaultly set to Automatic by weather. Please can someone clarify this?

Adam.Freeman
28-05-2015, 14:56
I am confused about this too, no idea what tyres are available or what tyre ends up going on the car.

Casey Ringley
28-05-2015, 15:00
The Formula A has three tire compound options right now:

Slick
Intermediate
Full Wet

capitaobarreto
28-05-2015, 16:00
I'm confused about this too ! It would be a great help if some dev or mod explain for us or release a explanation of tire model in the game. i'm looking for something like that and cannot find...

Someone to help us ?

Joey Fazza
28-05-2015, 16:09
What would be a help is some way of knowing in the HUD what tyres you had on, for instance with the LMP cars there's like 5 compounds and no way of knowing what compound you have on

mkstatto
29-05-2015, 11:58
The Formula A has three tire compound options right now:

Slick
Intermediate
Full Wet

Are there plans to add more? I like the different compounds in the codemasters games and the rule that you must run on both sets as it brings into play strategy and the dreaded tyre saving.