PDA

View Full Version : Ginetta GT3 @Monza

Mirko Tartarotti
28-05-2015, 08:18
Hello guys!

I hope you're enjoying the game! I really like to have some suggestions for the setup of Ginetta GT3 for Monza, but probably a general setup for this monster is better. Has someone of you tried before?

thanks!

Mirko

rocafella1978
31-05-2015, 15:17
haven't gotten to control it out of corners, tried feathering throttle, settings, fine tune, taking setup details from real race car, none have worked so far.

EvilEd71
23-09-2015, 07:21
I am really struggling with this the second to last corner the left right I just can't get that right the car is so unstable

jimmyb_84
23-09-2015, 10:08
this will be my next Monza tune, not sure when maybe Thursday evening

Bubbs
24-09-2015, 05:28
The Ascari Chicane that EvilEd mentioned is a test for balance. You've got high speed and rapid change of direction, possibly also with weight transfer if you're on/off throttle through there.

Something that I do in the Aston and M3 is to brake just under the banner across the track on the approach, down into 2nd gear. GENTLY keep the throttle open as you turn in, avoid clipping the kerb too much, then gradually increase the power through the right hander. As the exit left-hand turn opens up aim the car in such a way as to brush but NOT clip the kerb on the left. Keep the wheels straight as possible and very gently line yourself up for the straight as you run over the end of the exit kerb on the right.

Probably would help to bring the diff Accel down to 20%, if still no good, make it 15%.

I may have a bash myself tonight as well, at which point I'll probably find that everything I've said is rubbish :)

sttp01
24-09-2015, 06:19
I am really struggling with this the second to last corner the left right I just can't get that right the car is so unstable

Try Lowering your front tire pressure match the rears. putting the weight balance up one click from the front i believe its 43.5. Front sway bar max stiffness and rear in the middle. then run your down force at 1.0 infront 9.5 in the back to equal out the weight distribution. Spring rates stiffest upfront but middle setting in rear. Lower car to about 63f/70r bump stops at between 5-10. And last increase your slow bumps to account for that shift in direction needed to hold grip. And Last the diff i run 30/25/60. You car should be a lot more stable. Hope that gives you a head start on your tune.

jimmyb_84
24-09-2015, 18:56
I'm just making a start on this tune, I've tuned McLaren and RUF GT3s and both have been capable of 1:46s but my target is low 1:47s (not quite got the talent)

graveltrap
24-09-2015, 19:02
1:44 are possible, but I am stuck in the 1:45's ;) This is the current car and track combo for the weekly TT hosted by Doz in the PS4 section...

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
25-09-2015, 04:22
Looking forward to your results. I got my best time (1:44 something) with the default gearing and running ~mid level aero settings, seemed like the decrease in drag that came from lowering the aero didn't help as much as the lower DF you get through the Lesmos, exit of Ascari and exit of Parabolica hurts. The gearing does run out, but again the slight increase in straight line speed didn't seem to offset the decrease in acceleration, at least not very clearly.

jimmyb_84
25-09-2015, 06:01
Looking forward to your results. I got my best time (1:44 something) with the default gearing and running ~mid level aero settings, seemed like the decrease in drag that came from lowering the aero didn't help as much as the lower DF you get through the Lesmos, exit of Ascari and exit of Parabolica hurts. The gearing does run out, but again the slight increase in straight line speed didn't seem to offset the decrease in acceleration, at least not very clearly.

had a go last night, this appears quite a challenge, I ran no DF and can get the car to generally behave it's self but Ascari exit is a *+^%# I've only managed a 1:49.2 so far (soft tyres, 40c air temp, no TCS) it behaves fairly well now, I did changed the gearing but will experiment a little more next time I play.

Bubbs
25-09-2015, 16:51
Probably not really comparable because I run TCS and ABS (as I'm a noob and my index fingers aren't quite *that* gentle on the L2/R2 triggers) -

But, after 40 minutes of tinkering at Monza (Light cloud, soft tyres, 99f temp), I got down to 1:47.566. When I saw 1:44 mentioned I thought :eek: !

Tyres are at 2.25 bar / 2.08 bar.
Brake Bal 63%
TCS Slip 6%

Front Downforce 0
Rear Downforce 1.5
Weight Bias 48.2 - that's all the way to the front.

Front Camber 1.9
Rear Camber 0.5
Front Toe in -0.7
Rear Toe in +0.6

Ride height 60/65
Springs 245/201
Sway Bars 89/36

0 Bump Stops
Slow Bumps 12400/7500
Fast Bumps 4000/2750
Slow Rebounds 14450/6500
Fast Rebounds 5700/3800

Diff Is 16/39/60 (that's accel / decel / preload)
Gearing as per default but final drive set to 2.89
Brake mapping as per default.

Biggest gripe is that 3rd gear could be a touch longer / 4th a touch shorter because through the Lesmos and into the final corner I'm in 4th gear, but low revs.
Ascari Chicane is pretty stable so long as you go into it in 2nd/3rd and let the car settle after clipping the kerb on the entry.
First Chicane is OK.
The SECOND chicane though - OMG, huge tank slapper potential if you're anything other than really careful on the exit. Though I find it's the same with the Aston and M3 through there too so maybe it's just me!

There's time to be found, definitely -- if you nail the exit from the first chicane and can get that second chicane right. Getting out of Ascari is really important too, picked up 0.5s just from a good-ish run through there.

My 'potential' lap time is 1.46.934.

For me, anything around 1:46.5 (+/- 0.5 sec) is good enough - at least it has been for most of my online races. The only time I ever saw 1:44.??? was in the Aston GT3, and I had to have a little lie down after that :)

graveltrap
25-09-2015, 17:30
Click me to see a 1:44.8 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28906-PS4-weekly-time-trial-challenge-(Season-2-Now-open)&p=1129638&viewfull=1#post1129638)

I have also now broken into the high 1:44 range in TT mode, will post my setup when I am truly happy with it, I am still messing with alignment ;)

I did use 7.5 for rear downforce :eek:

25-09-2015, 20:52
Really does seem that the increased stability in the mid to high speed corners (Lesmos, Ascari, Parabolica) is worth more than any slight loss in outright straight line performance. The G55 might be the anti-SLS, where the SLS usually doesn't get enough DF to justify the added drag the Ginetta doesn't reduce enough drag to justify the loss of DF. =)

Bubbs
26-09-2015, 07:54
Think you might be right Jussi - taking all the wing off didn't really make much difference to the top speed - simply because you exit each corner a lot slower. I think I could go faster maybe, but there is a point where you have to correct sliding and power oversteer - and I just can't manage that with a pad (rapid steering inputs at low speeds under power).

graveltrap
27-09-2015, 08:11
My setup (http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/107336942)

I used The base setup created by Jussi, then tweaked to suite my needs, this is a TT setup, for racing the brake ducts and radiator may need opening up. My best lap so far is a 1:44.730 BTW :)

As discussed previously this car loves rear downforce, less stability go to 5.5, more 9.5 :eek: I did try adding a click of front as well, but that would require even more rear downforce as it upset the balance of the car!

Could maybe do with a touch more on power steering...

Dying_Snail
27-09-2015, 19:15
Graveltrap's setup is awesome I can do 1:45.1xx consistently with it even with the brake and radiator ducts open I'm still there or there abouts and I'm a pad user and usually setups made for wheels don't really work for pad users but this one does.

Go on give it a try you know you want to ;)

Thank you graveltrap and Jussi.

29-09-2015, 00:14
I was looking at what sort of downforce the car was producing on the test track with various wing settings, and came to the conclusion that a low DF setup should work on this track. So I did a really quick try with this setup (http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/32971927) in Free Practice, and on lap 3 I pulled a 1:44.177. I actually had no issues with rear stability at all, even though the wings are set to 0/3.5. Just gotta go smooth but fiercely. =)

It can definitely go below 1:44, my lap wasn't a perfect one by any means, and closing the brake and engine cooling ducts on a Time Trial run should give up some time, on mine they're set to completely race worthy values.

graveltrap
29-09-2015, 01:03
That is proper fast, great lap :) It would be interesting to see what the more grippy controlled conditions of TT bring.

The reduction in drag gets you to the limiter with the 2.89 rear end maybe 3mph more than with the wing at 7.5 degrees but only on the start finish straight so I can see a small amount of time there, but only there. I suppose that drag has an impact on acceleration as well...

The biggest problem I had with stability with lower downforce was in the Ascari Chicane, the rear of the car just wanted to break loose when I got back on the power :(

I will try your quick setup when I get a moment.

jimmyb_84
29-09-2015, 08:45
As I previously mentioned I tried a 0 DF setup and the quickest I could manage was a 1:49 which is rubbish but after a quick read of this thread I changed rear DF to 7.5 and instantly gained a second in lap time. My quickest is now 1:48.135 (30ltrs of fuel) I can lap mid 1:48s easily. I found running more rake f=60mm r=68mm helps stability in the Ascari chichane.