PDA

View Full Version : Why organised multiplayer groups with talking isn't good....

robnroll88
28-05-2015, 09:33
Hi guys, just wanted to get something of my chest thats been bugging me, and to see if anybody agrees with my point of view. Now theres a lot of organised multiplayer groups on here and being one for fair play and all I myself have joined into an online series that another forum user kindly set up. We had our first race of the season and while the racing was pretty good and there was no idiots ramming off the track or cheating etc, what was annoying was how nearly everyone sort of expected someone to tell them when they was going to start overtaking, and what side they will do it on. To me this is a bit silly, and unrealistic, as its not racing is it, its like telling your enemy your plan of attack :p, in all motorsport the drivers don't tell each other what there going to do next, its daft, you wouldn't get Hamiltion telling Vettel that he's going to pass on his left side would he? By making this unnecessary communication you cannot drive in a racing, attacking fashion, you can't make a faint manoeuvre or undercut another driver unless you tell them when your going to do it, it really is daft to me, and while racing round all you hear is people saying, "on your inside" or something else. I see no reason for it when SMS have provided us with the tools to tell exactly where our opponents are so to me theres no a lot of excuse to talk while racing, you can use the mirrors in interior view or place a mirror where ever you want on the HUD. People can still race fairly online without all the talking if they take the time to be aware of there opponents and leave room for people where needed. We all have this game for the realism, and to me its spoiling the racing because of this, so I will respectfully finish this season with this club and then find maybe join some people who share my point of view, because I believe stoping this apparent trend of unnecessary communication will make for much better and realistic racing, and that can only be a good thing :D

Pink_650S
28-05-2015, 09:37
Agreed.
But why dont you just tell them not to speak to you while driving? Problem solved.

maccabhoy12
28-05-2015, 09:43
Totally agree I've never and never will tell someone I'm overtaking. Also if someone says I'm going to come up the inside I will block that move fairly as I would if I seen them in the mirrors. If someone says I'm up your inside trust me I know but I am not giving up the corner I'm going to stay on the outside and force them to exit tight and hopefully slower.

robnroll88
28-05-2015, 09:49
Agreed.
But why dont you just tell them not to speak to you while driving? Problem solved.

Well i could but not sure people would agree, besides if I go to another multiplayer club they will all do the same lol, Cant really tell the organisers to change the rules although I sometimes feel like it :p I think id be better off finding a club that don't communicate while racing, if anybody knows of one on the xbox one id be happy to join

NemethR
28-05-2015, 09:52
Maybe you are in the wronf Multiplayer group :)

lordymatsuo
28-05-2015, 09:58

Agreed :) there are plenty of groups out there now, try a few different ones and find one that works best for you. Not sure what platform you are on but our group is now 120+ members strong, we have our own website, forums, chat lobbies, fun race sessions in the evening (clean) serious tournaments and cups at the weekends, spanning multiple weekends.

Check us out if your on PS4 :)

robnroll88
28-05-2015, 09:59

well yes but didn't realise before I joined that this was the "norm" in these groups, I could turn the sound off aswell, but Id probably get chucked out from the club for not communicating, it not just the club I'm in, i get the impression its in nearly them all.

robnroll88
28-05-2015, 10:01
Agreed :) there are plenty of groups out there now, try a few different ones and find one that works best for you. Not sure what platform you are on but our group is now 120+ members strong, we have our own website, forums, chat lobbies, fun race sessions in the evening (clean) serious tournaments and cups at the weekends, spanning multiple weekends.

Check us out if your on PS4 :)

Much appreciated Lordy, unfortunately I'm on the Xbox, but i will take your advice and look for another group that don't have this talking tradition :p

lordymatsuo
28-05-2015, 10:14
Much appreciated Lordy, unfortunately I'm on the Xbox, but i will take your advice and look for another group that don't have this talking tradition :p

Sell your xbox and get a PS4, Jokes! good luck on your search, once you find a good group you will just know, it will feel right and you won't be able to pull yourself away. Most of our members are going through divorces after there project cars addiction lead them to forgetting about the family life :)