PDA

View Full Version : How to kick players out of lobby?

copes24
28-05-2015, 09:59
How many kick votes are required?

Bealdor
28-05-2015, 10:01
Thread title modified. Please watch your language. Thanks.

copes24
28-05-2015, 10:04
Thread title modified. Please watch your language. Thanks.

Wow. Seriously?

lordymatsuo
28-05-2015, 10:11
Hey Copes24, we did some testing on this the other night. When you see in the lobby view that someone has voted to kick, that same user can spam it dozens of times so it looks like there are more votes than there actually is. This needs to be fixed so only 1 vote will show per racer. We had a private lobby the other night with 16 racers, someone got in who should not of been there, all of us voted to kick and he was still in the lobby so I think it might be broken.

We are hoping private lobbies get a patch so host can just kick without voting, as for public lobbies it is normally more than 50% votes and the player is kicked but not sure this is fully working yet.

Bealdor
28-05-2015, 10:18
Wow. Seriously?

Yes, seriously.

copes24
28-05-2015, 10:37
Hey Copes24, we did some testing on this the other night. When you see in the lobby view that someone has voted to kick, that same user can spam it dozens of times so it looks like there are more votes than there actually is. This needs to be fixed so only 1 vote will show per racer. We had a private lobby the other night with 16 racers, someone got in who should not of been there, all of us voted to kick and he was still in the lobby so I think it might be broken.

We are hoping private lobbies get a patch so host can just kick without voting, as for public lobbies it is normally more than 50% votes and the player is kicked but not sure this is fully working yet.

Thanks I've limited myself to private lobbies but it can be hard to get a full lobby. I was thinking of opening public lobbies if me and few friends could coordinate kick voting to get rid of someone straight away but if it isn't working I'll stick to filling it with AI lol.

copes24
28-05-2015, 10:41
Yes, seriously.
Enjoy your power trip. I won't bother posting here again.

Torsten Schmitt
26-07-2015, 19:49
aehm .. initial question wasnt answered. any facts on this? We had an guest with the wrong car (organised race) we voted to kick him but nothing happened, whats the kick vote rule or isnt that feature working right now

hophans
27-07-2015, 09:48
One solution can be to run a DS with a web front-end. That way you will be able to instantly kick/ban users from the session.

Every on-line lobby i create is on my own DS and even though i only had to use the kick option once it is by far the best way to keep a clean session.

Torsten Schmitt
27-07-2015, 10:06
I was host of a DS session but could only vote to kick. U mean an direct DS GUI?

hophans
27-07-2015, 10:13
I was host of a DS session but could only vote to kick. U mean an direct DS GUI?

No the DS it self has a build in web-ui (enableHttpApi option in the config) and require a minimum effort to set up. The only downside is that in my case i run it on an external dedicated linux server (this one has 1Gbe connection compared to my 40Mbs home line) so i am not able to restrict access to it, but since the ip or hostname of the machine is never revealed i have had no issues.

Since i only play on-line a few times of the week at most other people are free to use it but access to the web ui is restricted to people i trust.

cogent
27-07-2015, 18:54
Hi.

I have the Kick options also on my DS Launcher.

Right-click menu with Kick and different Ban options can be seen at 0.18 - 0.20.
It's also possible to use the "Add to Blacklist" Button, this is shown at 1:20 - 2:20.
Users that are added to Blacklist will also be added to a separate Kick List and will be kicked repeatedly every Update loop if detected.
This is to not need to restart the Server, on the next restart Kick List will be deleted because the Blacklist File will then be loaded so that it is not longer necessary.

It's Video number 4 that shows it, the others are older.
http://www.cogent.myds.me/Bilder_Videos/PCDSG/PCDSG_Videos.aspx

Some funtions as for example the "auto kick user by rules" for cars parking on the track are still in testing and can have some issues.
But the Kick, Ban, Black and Whitelist works fine and was tested (tested only by kicking myself from the Server, but this works great :D)

EvoM3
29-07-2015, 23:37
Kick function in game does not work. It's very annoying when you have someone parking on the side of the track and intentionally crashing into people all through qualifying and they still make it to the race and destroy the race for everyone.

sloppysmusic
06-02-2016, 14:15
It's 2016 and idiots are still destroying PS4 public sessions. Demoralizing and rage inducing.

Umer Ahmad
06-02-2016, 17:04
Tell the host to kick them. Host vote can alone kick the player.

allana15
07-02-2016, 21:39
If you are running a DS then just add a white list with everyone's Steam id to it. that should be there . your all done. I do it with a ALL my servers. No password required.