PDA

View Full Version : Blocking Rules

Daynja
28-05-2015, 10:36
I dont know how you could code it, but please add blocking warning,and penalty's for continual blocking.

At online players, please dont block. Defend instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnnR6ubhrHg

In this video you will notice the bad examples of blocking and not defending are taken from video games/sim racers, and not the real world footage. This is because bad habits form when games do not punish & train players accordingly.

DragonSyr
28-05-2015, 10:38
it is true that we need racing rules in the game....

could_do_better
28-05-2015, 10:50
It's also true they are incredibly hard to implement in the spirit of racing. I am sure they will improve, but they have to be right or we'll have the refund/broken thread debacle all over again.

Also the user base will mature and things will generally improve with a little more time.

Daynja
28-05-2015, 10:55
It's also true they are incredibly hard to implement in the spirit of racing. I am sure they will improve, but they have to be right or we'll have the refund/broken thread debacle all over again.

Also the user base will mature and things will generally improve with a little more time.

Of course. I always wonder why players block like some do.Its selfish and malicious behavior. If you get over taken get the place back on another corner on another lap. Its so much more exciting when racing has these great overtake/defend moments.

Blocking & ramming is such short lived fun for the person who drives selfishly. Extend your enjoyment by racing properly. its way more enjoyable. I think that there are several factors as to why some players misbahave on track. Some are that many race games do not train properly so younger new players simply dont undertsnad race ethics. Another is that many race games have such short races during career mode and start you at the back of the grid all the time that desperation to win causes really bad race etiquette (EA & Codemasters are mostly at fault for this)

Mahjik
28-05-2015, 13:56
Moved to "Feature Suggestions" and clarified the title.