PDA

View Full Version : Clutch gone, naughty.

wraithsrike
28-05-2015, 10:52
So I've been doing the 24hr with mechanical off pitted with 45mins left to go and pit engineer tells me my clutch has gone result DNF.

To say I'm pissed right now is an understatement.

Yes ok it's a sim but that's bang out of order.

Elmo
28-05-2015, 10:53
Have you been using Auto-Clutch?

Edit: Also thread moved to XB1 - Technical Help & Support

wraithsrike
28-05-2015, 11:02
Have you been using Auto-Clutch?

Edit: Also thread moved to XB1 - Technical Help & Support

I was driving as a auto yes.

I was fuming, I worked so hard on that race, I know this is a sim but it's also a game and to do that to a player is bang out of order.

Sonic6L
28-05-2015, 11:07
I was driving as a auto yes.

I was fuming, I worked so hard on that race, I know this is a sim but it's also a game and to do that to a player is bang out of order.

It could happen in real life... That's life I guess.

Luke Townsend
28-05-2015, 11:15
Definitely does happen in real life - been to a couple Le Mans 24 hours and you totally feel for the b*ggers when it happens. Vey bad luck for the OP in that case. But did you say mechanical failures were off? Shouldn't happen in that case.

Elmo
28-05-2015, 11:20
I'm pretty sure this shouldn't happen just randomly (without your own fault). Can you specify which car you drove? Which Gameplay settings did you use?

wraithsrike
28-05-2015, 11:21
Guys I know it happens in real life but come on this is a game and to do that to a player is really naughty imho, and come on I tuned mechanical damage off.

wraithsrike
28-05-2015, 11:24
Car is the LMP1 Rwd P30, track is Le Mans 24hr multi class endurance, career.

Sonic6L
28-05-2015, 11:25
Guys I know it happens in real life but come on this is a game and to do that to a player is really naughty imho, and come on I tuned mechanical damage off.

With mechanical damage off, it shouldn't have happened but it can happen whenever in real life, case in point, BTCC at Brands, Jason Plato got pole, led the whole race, second to last lap, got a puncture and went straight into the gravel, wasn't able to get back out so he had to sit the rest of the race out and got a DNF.

I like the fact that within the game, you can suffer mechanical failures when you least expect it.

Luke Townsend
28-05-2015, 11:26

With mechanical damage off, it definitely shouldn't have happened then.

Neil Hopwood
28-05-2015, 11:31
With mechanical damage off your right, it shouldn't have happened, but in reality I doubt a clutch failure in the pits would have been a dnf at any endurance race, just a long trip in the garage.

I have a feeling that's probably not been implemented as sitting in the garage waiting for the pit crew to swap a clutch would Be awfully boring.

Sonic6L
28-05-2015, 11:33
With mechanical damage off your right, it shouldn't have happened, but in reality I doubt a clutch failure in the pits would have been a dnf at any endurance race, just a long trip in the garage.

I have a feeling that's probably not been implemented as sitting in the garage waiting for the pit crew to swap a clutch would Be awfully boring.

They would probably retire the car in real life if this happened BUT it depends when the clutch went, i.e. beginning of the race, probably get the car back out and use it as a testing run/attempt to get some points. End of the race, retire the car.

wraithsrike
28-05-2015, 11:45
your right above with your comments and to be fair I do like that in agame, but this is why for this particular race I turned mechanical damage off.

I still think to do this to a player after racing for that length of time is naughty either way and taking the whole sim thing a bit far but yes it's a sim and that's what I signed up for when brought the game, my only grievance is the fact I had mechanical turned off for the exact reason.

But ah s#@t happens, still the best racer to date.

Elmo
28-05-2015, 11:48
I'll pass it to the devs, they might have an idea what went wrong.

Sonic6L
28-05-2015, 12:10
your right above with your comments and to be fair I do like that in agame, but this is why for this particular race I turned mechanical damage off.

I still think to do this to a player after racing for that length of time is naughty either way and taking the whole sim thing a bit far but yes it's a sim and that's what I signed up for when brought the game, my only grievance is the fact I had mechanical turned off for the exact reason.

But ah s#@t happens, still the best racer to date.

If the damage was off it shouldn't have happened. Was it DEFINITELY off? Not saying you're a liar or anything but could have been on by mistake when you thought you turned it off? I know I've made that mistake before.

wraithsrike
28-05-2015, 12:43
Can close thread now Elmo bud if you wish, cheers for passing on.

Casey Ringley
28-05-2015, 18:13
Strange one. We don't actually have clutch wear modeled right now. Were there any symptoms before the DNF?