PDA

View Full Version : wheel problems after patch 1.3

Rudolph523
28-05-2015, 11:27
hey guys, i played this morning the career in the clio cup worked great, now with the patch, its horrible. first i had 15 deadzone, while i set it at 0, so set it back at zero. after that recalibrated everything. still horrible, i have the wheel set at 360 degrees, thats what i feel good with. now it almost doesnt steer, the ingame wheel moves 1:1 with my wheel, but almost no steering input, i could also see this in the telemetry. and if i stand still, and want to move the wheel it goes real heavy and then suddenly moves to max. and if i race with the clio, there is barely any ffb. for me this is unplayable at the moment, while i had so much fun until patch 1.3. i hope you guys can help me.

justonce68
28-05-2015, 11:45
What wheel are you using fella and are you manually setting your DOR?
If you run wheel calibration you should not need to manually reset the DOR to 360 Deg, the game will compensate and set it for the car you are using. (on TX)

GRTfast
28-05-2015, 11:58
I've been having a blast with my TX so far. I hope this patch hasn't affected my wheel. Feeling worried...

Rudolph523
28-05-2015, 12:07
i use a tx.yes i do it manually i dont like alot of degree felt great before patch. nowbut nohorribleorrible. i changed nothing from what i used, only the patch

PzR Slim
28-05-2015, 12:10
i a tx.yes i do it maunumanually i dont like lblikentot of degreefelt great before patch.

Leave it set at 1080 and the game sets the DOR to the correct real world one for the car being used.

Dynomight Motorsports
28-05-2015, 12:22
Well I'm concerned now I finally got my wheel where I want it, using Jack Spade's settings.

Stag
28-05-2015, 12:33
Same here. Wheel all over the place
Tried rebooting reconnecting wheel ,all calibrations done again and nothing. This is bad

LADY GEMMA JANE
28-05-2015, 12:35
Glad I use the controller :)

ao1977
28-05-2015, 12:38
Well, it's all about equality. First, we controller users had some weeks of struggling, now it's the wheel users' turn to start some rants. *grabs popcorn* :cool:

Stag
28-05-2015, 12:39
Wasn't going to up the patch. Thought there might be trouble cause of the time and the game had been playing great apart from odd bits of sound

RoccoTTS
28-05-2015, 12:39
Yep, i had the same problem, why wheel was all over the place.
But i found the solution : reset your wheel in options & help, controls (main menu) and put back your settings you used before the patch.

OrenIshii BE
28-05-2015, 12:40
Well, it's all about equality. First, we controller users had some weeks of struggling, now it's the wheel users' turn to start some rants. *grabs popcorn* :cool:

This was predicted by some user on here, couldn't find or remember who it was :p

There's nothing in the world that satisfies everyone, nothing...

FA RACING 01
28-05-2015, 12:47

Nope...... Just gonna use my controller now till the wheel is fixed [if fixing is needed].

RoccoTTS
28-05-2015, 12:49
Nope...... Just gonna use my controller now till the wheel is fixed [if fixing is needed].

Look 2 posts above for solution.

AcidMonkey303
28-05-2015, 12:50
I don't see how people can say that they have a great feel using the TX458, even with tried and painstakingly tested setups to produce a very below average FFB.
Have you even played FORZA5?? The difference is night and day!
I'm just going to say that I now this game has the potential to be awesome with the wheel but it's just needing that patch to be as good as the PC.
Not a hater of PROJECT CARS just impatient to have the full use of the game with the wheel.
Great work so far peeps!, keep it coming.

FA RACING 01
28-05-2015, 12:53
Look 2 posts above for solution.

Thanks !

Srt8 300c
28-05-2015, 12:56
Feeling worried about this......
Im using tx wheel etc.
Is it advisable for me to download this patch as it seems to mainly focus on the controller.

My wheel has been working just fine and if this gets messed up im gonna be pissed to say the least.

GAT_Montana
28-05-2015, 12:57
You cant compare the generic FF from Forza with the physik based from pCars. I fully agree that it feels weak at the beginning because we all were cheatet years Long by canned effects. Fact is, that 90% of FF in racing games was just to compensate the missing "popometer" and was preparing effects you never will have in a real car.

pCars now is doing things different. Some will love it, some will miss all of those fancy rattling on the wheel. By the way, Controller user have those canned effects also on pcars.

Just one example: if you hit flat curb the Controller will rattle anyway, the wheel dont, because ist realistic on just painted curbs. Another issue is the weight transfer. On fast turns the inner wheels dont have to much contact to the curbs. You can here the Sound but dont will feel to much because the wheels are slightly touching the curb.

Furthermore all the effects are also car related. Street cars filtering everything as they do in real, open wheeler like the Frookie react totally different. Give it a try.

For sure there may be some FF issues on the Xbone, I am not so familiar with this console. I just ask to consider the named "features" what not always must be a "bug" :)

Stag
28-05-2015, 12:57
Just tried again and the wheel went berserk crashing back n forth on the limit. Just switched off or would have been toast.
Forzas ok with wheel.

RoccoTTS
28-05-2015, 12:58
Feeling worried about this......
Im using tx wheel etc.
Is it advisable for me to download this patch as it seems to mainly focus on the controller.

My wheel has been working just fine and if this gets messed up im gonna be pissed to say the least.

There is a solution for this problem a few post above !!!!!!!!!!!

GAT_Montana
28-05-2015, 12:59
Just tried again and the wheel went berserk crashing back n forth on the limit. Just switched off or would have been toast.
Forzas ok with wheel.

What wheel you are using? Have you reset the settings and calibrated your wheel? The fact that it works on Forza has nothing to do with pCars by the way.

LextersQuest
28-05-2015, 13:01
After installing patch i racalibrated wheel and put my deadzoness.
Yes it does feel different. In karts wen standing still wheel force feedback is at its max.
But once of the line not problems anymore except wen you go of track then its really strong ff.
Have to try some other cars but i thought my karts were stearing better wen moving lol.

IR STiGGLES
28-05-2015, 13:03
Stop freaking out everyone.... for some reason after the patch the steering deadzone is default to 15...turn it back to 0 and all is normal

GAT_Montana
In karts wen standing still wheel force feedback is at its max.

Considering the fact that Karts have no power steering, it seems realistic, no? Try a real kart, as long as it stands still you need much more force to spin. My girlfriend cant move the steering wheel :)

Srt8 300c
There is a solution for this problem a few post above !!!!!!!!!!!

I will try when i get home from work,
I dont mind having to re-calibrate my wheel but if the feeling has changed from the begging of the game and doesnt work as well (not improved)

I will be very unhappy......

Stag
What wheel you are using? Have you reset the settings and calibrated your wheel? The fact that it works on Forza has nothing to do with pCars by the way.
Just testing it wasn't bust on forza.
Yes I've re done settings etc re calibrated This wheel is a mad catz. Was great till update
I'ts the update I'm sure and I reckon other wheels may be affected

GAT_Montana
28-05-2015, 13:08
Just testing it wasn't bust on forza.
Yes I've re done settings etc re calibrated This wheel is a mad catz. Was great till update
I'ts the update I'm sure and I reckon other wheels may be affected

interesting...because...they havent changed anything on Mad Catz wheel?

Wheel Controllers:
* Fanatec wheels – Fixed the issue with steering jolts that some users experience.

Thats it....

Dan77 DESTROYER
28-05-2015, 13:13
My wheel is working fine after the patch, reset and re-calibrate......all good here, just been knocking 3/4 seconds off my lap times at silverstone national I'm happy

LextersQuest
28-05-2015, 13:14
Considering the fact that Karts have no power steering, it seems realistic, no? Try a real kart, as long as it stands still you need much more force to spin. My girlfriend cant move the steering wheel :)

Indeed, yes i can remember that wen i drove a kart years ago. Then super he step by step game is getting closer to reality.

Old skool hemi
28-05-2015, 13:17
interesting...because...they havent changed anything on Mad Catz wheel?

Wheel Controllers:
* Fanatec wheels – Fixed the issue with steering jolts that some users experience.

Thats it....

i havent tried my wheel yet but there seems to be something impacting wheels by these posts....
thought there would be a problem with this patch..

maybe rename the game problem cars ;)

AcidMonkey303
28-05-2015, 13:19
Forza5 has great feel and physics through the wheel but I know Pcars has the potential to be way better and more realistic.

Stag
28-05-2015, 13:23
False flag
Did seem the steering dead was 15 when came back
I'm off to hockenheim

bisco
28-05-2015, 13:28
That's good it's nothing major. I've been considering buying a tx wheel and now I see this thread.

Stag
28-05-2015, 13:31
Mines still not right.

smithaldo
28-05-2015, 13:31
Not experiencing any problems with my TX since the patch. Initially there was a lack of steering but I changed the deadzone from 15 back to 0, re-calibrated it and it's been working fine all afternoon so far. Been using the Formula C around Zolder and can't say I'm having any issues with it.

For those that are, as it's been suggested make sure you check the deadzone setting.

Dynomight Motorsports
28-05-2015, 13:35
Yep, i had the same problem, why wheel was all over the place.
But i found the solution : reset your wheel in options & help, controls (main menu) and put back your settings you used before the patch.
Is this the controls menu within the game?

Rudolph523
28-05-2015, 13:39
Leave it set at 1080 and the game sets the DOR to the correct real world one for the car being used.

i know, but i dnt want that. i cant handle 900 degrees very well if i am racing, it doesnt feel right. if i calibrate it on 900 deg, and the car is 900 deg, i have to turn 900 deg, what i dont want, because it doesnt fdeel right for me. and that cant cure my problem. because i do the same fopr all games, and also in pcars it workled fine untill patch 1.3. and also the ffb does very strange things, wich i already said in the op post

Rudolph523
28-05-2015, 13:41
Stop freaking out everyone.... for some reason after the patch the steering deadzone is default to 15...turn it back to 0 and all is normal

it isnt normal, because i alreday put it back to 0. then still i have the huge problems. i already said that in the 1st post.

IR STiGGLES
28-05-2015, 13:48
Ohhhhh. Sorry. I had similar issues when I got the patch. Had a massive deadzones but setting to 0 fixed.. sorry

Risco
28-05-2015, 13:55
I have reset my wheel & calibrated it again, working ok so far, testing it on several cars to make sure, Im using a MadCatz Pro wheel, hope you fix the issue

Rudolph523
28-05-2015, 13:57

you already said that, but you dont read. i had the degress on 360, from the start, i am comfortable with that. the deadzone at 0. and tire force at 120. all the other settings were the default settings. and i calibrated the wheel. now the patch comes out, doesnt feel right, i go in the options and i see that the deadzone is at 15, i put it back on 0. after that i checked every other option, all was like it was before the patch, after that i re calibrate the wheel to be sure. i go racing again and i still have the issues. so yes i freak out, because my problems are from the patch, this mornig before the patch i raced, felt good, 2 hours later with the patch its horrible. ingame wheel moves good, but in tele metry i can see that it doesnt turn like it should, very slow. and then the ffb, it was already weak, no its almost completly gone, only a very light ffb, and very light rumble over curbs. and extreme heavy ffb if i stand still with the car. you cant tell me, that that is because of a setting change from the patch that i already put back like i wanted.

same settings after patch as i had before. and completly other outcome. i cant race normally atm. i seriuosly hope the devs take notice. i drove in the clio btw

RoccoTTS
28-05-2015, 13:58
it isnt normal, because i alreday put it back to 0. then still i have the huge problems. i already said that in the 1st post.

AND you have to RESET the your wheel settings in main menu, like i said before.

RoccoTTS
28-05-2015, 13:59
Is this the controls menu within the game?

Yes

Rudolph523
AND you have to RESET the your wheel settings in main menu, like i said before.

i willl try that in a moment, i hope it works otherwise i dont knwo what would help.

mkstatto
i know, but i dnt want that. i cant handle 900 degrees very well if i am racing, it doesnt feel right. if i calibrate it on 900 deg, and the car is 900 deg, i have to turn 900 deg, what i dont want, because it doesnt fdeel right for me. and that cant cure my problem. because i do the same fopr all games, and also in pcars it workled fine untill patch 1.3. and also the ffb does very strange things, wich i already said in the op post

Surely you hard set the TX on the base unit to 360 degrees (as in here: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00151.pdf) and then go through the standard configuration in game (turning full lock and then to 90)

Rudolph523
28-05-2015, 14:00
Surely you hard set the TX on the base unit to 360 degrees (as in here: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00151.pdf) and then go through the standard configuration in game (turning full lock and then to 90)

yes, i do it that way indeed

Bealdor
28-05-2015, 14:01
you already said that, but you dont read. i had the degress on 360, from the start, i am comfortable with that. the deadzone at 0. and tire force at 120. all the other settings were the default settings. and i calibrated the wheel. now the patch comes out, doesnt feel right, i go in the options and i see that the deadzone is at 15, i put it back on 0. after that i checked every other option, all was like it was before the patch, after that i re calibrate the wheel to be sure. i go racing again and i still have the issues. so yes i freak out, because my problems are from the patch, this mornig before the patch i raced, felt good, 2 hours later with the patch its horrible. ingame wheel moves good, but in tele metry i can see that it doesnt turn like it should, very slow. and then the ffb, it was already weak, no its almost completly gone, only a very light ffb, and very light rumble over curbs. and extreme heavy ffb if i stand still with the car. you cant tell me, that that is because of a setting change from the patch that i already put back like i wanted.

same settings after patch as i had before. and completly other outcome. i cant race normally atm. i seriuosly hope the devs take notice. i drove in the clio btw

Forgive me I'm not playing on console but afaik there is a "Reset" option in the controller menu. Did you hit that or did you just recalibrate your wheel?

Edit: Ninja'd

Rudolph523
28-05-2015, 14:02
Forgive me I'm not playing on console but afaik there is a "Reset" option in the controller menu. Did you hit that or did you just recalibrate your wheel?

i am connecting the wheel now, i will reset it, hope that fixes my issues

Risco
28-05-2015, 14:03
Im finding the steering is pretty horrible on a few cars but ok on others, Im finding it very hard to turn FC cars. Might need to reset feedback setting on all cars too

Reinart86
28-05-2015, 14:15
No problems here, wheel at 900, did a reset and calibration, deadzone 0 ( default was 1, not 15?). ffb is still the same, mine was always heavy when standing still and light when moving with some cars. I think it was light feeling with cars that have power steering and strong with others? Not sure though. Overall very light ffb when driving, like it was before with the tx on xbone. But i (solve) that by using the Jack Spade settings (i use 66% soplateral) and just add 30, 40 or 50 to the master scale and sop scale of each car individually. If too heavy add less otherwise add more. I always use + 30, 40 or 50. All the rest i leave default.

AsHeavenIsWide
28-05-2015, 14:18
I guess this explains why i am beating wheel users all over the shop, or they are just use to us driving off track, Controller master race now.

RoccoTTS
28-05-2015, 14:19
No problems here, wheel at 900, did a reset and calibration, deadzone 0 ( default was 1, not 15?). ffb is still the same, mine was always heavy when standing still and light when moving with some cars. I think it was light feeling with cars that have power steering and strong with others? Not sure though. Overall very light ffb when driving, like it was before with the tx on xbone. But i (solve) that by using the Jack Spade settings (i use 66% soplateral) and just add 30, 40 or 50 to the master scale and sop scale of each car individually. If too heavy add less otherwise add more. I always use + 30, 40 or 50. All the rest i leave default.
That's because you did a reset first. Deadzone on 15 was before reset.

And indeed, the Jack Spade settings make a huge difference.

Rudolph523
28-05-2015, 14:21
i rest the wheel now, it feels better, but still i have to turn much more then before the patch, but that can be something i have to learn cope with. buth the ffbn is still horrible, no feeling, and alomst no rumble. before patch, it felt better in the clio cup car, so those changes come from the patch. so it did help, but not as much i hoped unfortunatly.

Reinart86
28-05-2015, 14:25
i rest the wheel now, it feels better, but still i have to turn much more then before the patch, but that can be something i have to learn cope with. buth the ffbn is still horrible, no feeling, and alomst no rumble. before patch, it felt better in the clio cup car, so those changes come from the patch. so it did help, but not as much i hoped unfortunatly.

Try one of these settings, and then add 40 to master scale and sop scale for each car. Thats gives me decent ffb.
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ulCOYvLckM3pDYnBCVXdkQ2c&export=download

Rudolph523
28-05-2015, 14:28
Try one of these settings, and then add 40 to master scale and sop scale for each car. Thats gives me decent ffb.

wow, the begining i understand, but after that it goes so deep, i am not that good with wheel settings and so on

GAT_Montana
28-05-2015, 14:29

If you have to turn to much than change the angle for steering in the car setup! There you can make steering much faster, like it is on a Formula 1 if you prefere.

Stag
28-05-2015, 14:37
Was just settings ffb seems way stronger and new numbers were needed.
Seems great now.
Peace n love

Rudolph523
28-05-2015, 14:37

i have done the settings for the wheel itself. but the other settings just go too deep for me, i am a racer, not an engineer. i will try this out in the clio, what i aujested, hope it feels better and meybe the masterscale and sop scale thing

Raven403
28-05-2015, 14:43
i have done the settings for the wheel itself. but the other settings just go too deep for me, i am a racer, not an engineer. i will try this out in the clio, what i aujested, hope it feels better and meybe the masterscale and sop scale thing

No your not and you shouldnt HAVE to be. Its safe to say there is something wrong with the FFb on XB. It has been acknowledged and is being worked on as per the Devs a while back, so hopefully 1.4 will address it.

giulianbu
28-05-2015, 14:44
Glad I use the controller :)

now that you drive well with the pad, finally

Rudolph523
28-05-2015, 14:55
after i used the settings for the wheel itself it feels abit better when i go over curbs, and is i am at the limit of grip, but overall ffb is weak. i am not good enough with settings in ffb, to do that, i will wait, atleast i can race again, after some issues are solved, and also the turning is abit better, the rest of the turning issues i can solve by changing the steer rate, but i absolutly hope the devs fix the FFb. because if i am standing still, the extreme high ffb and sudden turn to left or right if i try to turn altough slow. just is ridiculous. almost no ffb while driving, extreme high ffb while standing still, that cant be the thing the devs wanted

MonK3Y
28-05-2015, 15:03
The wheel (Thrustmaster TX) sorts of "resets itself" after hits or jumps (California Highway) and goes back to either being totally unresponsive or being downright frozen. Goes back to normal when you restart the stage. Either way, something is not quite right with the wheel feel since the 1.3 patch.

Haiden
28-05-2015, 15:04
I don't see how people can say that they have a great feel using the TX458, even with tried and painstakingly tested setups to produce a very below average FFB.
Have you even played FORZA5?? The difference is night and day!
I'm just going to say that I now this game has the potential to be awesome with the wheel but it's just needing that patch to be as good as the PC.
Not a hater of PROJECT CARS just impatient to have the full use of the game with the wheel.
Great work so far peeps!, keep it coming.

Forza 5 had terrible FFB. You think PCars' is weak, because Forza's was way overdone with hardly any nuance between cars. In Forza 5, the only difference in the feel of the cars seemed weight related. The heavier the car, the more sluggish it felt. F5 FFB was just lame.

Rudolph523
28-05-2015, 15:07
also an other thing i notice, it isnt about the ffb but is is the sound, i hear now more crackling sort of thing in the sound. more then before, cant really put here what it sounds like, difficult to say what it is

Lagoa
28-05-2015, 15:10

1080? 900 is the highest on the TX, no? So I just calibrate on 900 and when I race depending on wich car the game itself will set it to 540 or 360...??

GAT_Montana
28-05-2015, 15:13
1080? 900 is the highest on the TX, no? So I just calibrate on 900 and when I race depending on wich car the game itself will set it to 540 or 360...??

Correct, the game always choose the right, car depending angle. And you can change something in the car setup if you want a faster (or slower) steering response!

GAT_Montana
28-05-2015, 15:16
after i used the settings for the wheel itself it feels abit better when i go over curbs, and is i am at the limit of grip, but overall ffb is weak. i am not good enough with settings in ffb, to do that, i will wait, atleast i can race again, after some issues are solved, and also the turning is abit better, the rest of the turning issues i can solve by changing the steer rate, but i absolutly hope the devs fix the FFb. because if i am standing still, the extreme high ffb and sudden turn to left or right if i try to turn altough slow. just is ridiculous. almost no ffb while driving, extreme high ffb while standing still, that cant be the thing the devs wanted

I just can tell it again and again, pC's FF is purely physic driven and is using no canned effects! What you feel is reality. Flat curbs=no rattling. Soft suspenision on eg. road cars=less rumbling. Power steering=soft steering response. And so on....not a bug...its a feature :)

justonce68
28-05-2015, 15:50
i use a tx.yes i do it manually i dont like alot of degree felt great before patch. nowbut nohorribleorrible. i changed nothing from what i used, only the patch

My wheel was how yours is now, I went into calibration, hit Y to rest the wheel then reset xbox (turned off at plug) restarted and run calibration then is was fine, I haven't manually touched DOR since, I have found the calibration a bit glitchy so maybe you will need to redo it.

Srt8 300c
28-05-2015, 16:05
I am posting this not to rant but as constructive critism.

Imo the ffb since the 1.3 patch feels worse because:

The steering is virtually unmovable at a stop, 10-20mph loosens slightly at racing speed very light.

The steering ffb at race speeds around bends (slow/medium/fast) has sudden jolts of extreme lightness which is off putting.

At 900 degrees my wheel doesnt match the in car steering wheel range of motion and is sloppy to turn.

You dont "feel the bumps" or get any sensation through the wheel when your at the cars limit during cornering.

I have my deadzone set to 0 but the range of motion from steering left to right driving while straight is like a boat.....

I have to say i prefered the steering before this patch. I had 0 issues before and was more than happy with:

response
turn in
FFB feel

It felt the most realistic ive ever experienced on Xbox One.

It now certainly leaves a lot to be desired.

I know you had to address controller issues, but in doing so it seems to have had a huge negative impact on the steering wheel too.

Im very much hoping this can be re-rectified in patch 1.4 because (without mentioning other bugs) it has really spoilt my driving experience.

I found setting rotation angle to 480 degrees now matches the in car simulated wheel and also gives a more 'realistic' and improved ability to turn into bends. (Takes some sloppyness away)

But unfortunatley it is far from ideal......

I have tested GT3 ruf on 3-4 tracks.
Touring cars on 2 tracks

These are my prefered go-to cars i like to use.

Ps
I fully know how to set my wheel up (or i thought i did) and use Jack Spades tuning guide r.e FFB.

Matt.

Pps:

I have also adusted steering ratio from 15.0:1 to 3.4:1 - fastest (steering ratio)

It has slightly improved turn in response but its still far from ideal and worse than pre-patch.

Seps1974
28-05-2015, 16:09
Thrustmaster wheel users may want to take a look at this, https://www.facebook.com/ThrustmasterXTeam/posts/897637356963435

Old skool hemi
28-05-2015, 16:12
Thrustmaster wheel users may want to take a look at this, https://www.facebook.com/ThrustmasterXTeam/posts/897637356963435

srt8 300c uses tx wheel and hes just set it up to no avail by the look of things....

Dynomight Motorsports
28-05-2015, 16:14
Adjust Deadzone AND speed sensitivity, no need for reset Wheel feels exactly the same!

Srt8 300c
28-05-2015, 16:14

Thanks but i have done all this!
First thing i did was re-configure and re-set all deadzones.

Unless you do these things the wheel is rendered useless.

Srt8 300c
28-05-2015, 16:16
Adjust Deadzone AND speed sensitivity, no need for reset Wheel feels exactly the same!

If you read my post i have adjusted my steering ratio to the max and my deadzones are set the same as before pre patch.

Srt8 300c
28-05-2015, 16:19
I am someone you could call clinical (or sad to some)
I have all my settings and tunes for everycar saved in a book incase i lost my saved data.

I am not your average pick up and play gamer......
I live for motorsport and love racing games.

Thats why as the first 'sim to xbox one ' i was vey excited!!

LextersQuest
28-05-2015, 16:23
I am someone you could call clinical (or sad to some)
I have all my settings and tunes for everycar saved in a book incase i lost my saved data.

I am not your average pick up and play gamer......
I live for motorsport and love racing games.

Thats why as the first 'sim to xbox one ' i was vey excited!!

Thats cool, where you hide that book:) : settings and tunes for all cars sounds interesting

Srt8 300c
28-05-2015, 16:27
All cars i have tuned- only about 10 lol

Dynomight Motorsports
28-05-2015, 16:31
I only adjusted Deadzone and Speed sensitivity and drove 20 laps at Silverstone in my Z4. The wheel feels exactly as it did last night when I drove for 50 laps. Speed Sensitivity was defaulted to help People Drive 800bhp precision racing cars with a joystick.

Wacky-Racer
28-05-2015, 16:35
....xbox one controller....thumbstick extender grips, work's great over here. After listening to a few people, reading some reviews, reading what you guys are experiencing, buying a wheel seems to be a complicated nightmare!

Srt8 300c
28-05-2015, 16:37

This is how my wheel felt without re-configure and re-setting deadzones:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=olYXVr-Nf54

MULTIVITZ
28-05-2015, 16:44
I only managed 9 and 3 were done with the spped sense to high from where I was karting! So they got binned. I keep seeing this thread apearing in the new post list, I guess the new patch works well with the xbox. I wish I went PC but heyho. Its gonna be pad vs wheel you know this right? Lol I love a bit of healthy competition:rolleyes:

Bobbydakid
28-05-2015, 16:45
I reset the settings to default then adjusted them to what I had before and the wheel works as it did before the patch now. Ffb is strong when car is at standstill, that's the only difference. Hopefully the next patch will give us the same ffb experience as the PC users.

Raven403
28-05-2015, 16:48
I reset the settings to default then adjusted them to what I had before and the wheel works as it did before the patch now. Ffb is strong when car is at standstill, that's the only difference. Hopefully the next patch will give us the same ffb experience as the PC users.

Hopefully! Im wondering if the Dev silence is bc they are going to make some sort of announcement regarding 1.4 patch notes. Either way, just keep managing with my band aid fix FFB, or I play on PC but boy its hard to come back to X1s FFB after that :rolleyes:

RoccoTTS
28-05-2015, 16:50
Thanks but i have done all this!
First thing i did was re-configure and re-set all deadzones.

Unless you do these things the wheel is rendered useless.

The first thing you have to do is reset your wheel settings by pressing the y-button in the main menu (options &help/controls). Reset only the deadzones to 0 is not enough.
This is a good explanation : https://www.facebook.com/ThrustmasterXTeam/posts/897637356963435

Spitfire77
28-05-2015, 16:51
Glad I am reading this - will remember to screenshot all my settings before the ps4 patch is released. It sounds like besides needing to reset the wheel and making sure to get the settings back where they should be, the xbox one patch is a big improvement.

Srt8 300c
28-05-2015, 16:54
I think ultimatley, without ppl having to trawl through this thread, (Good job i did!!)
also new issues for some aside,

The mods either need to sticky or add to patch notes at top in bold writing,
For all steering wheel users to :

Reconfigure steering/ reset deadzones.

It will help with the confusions.....

Raven403
28-05-2015, 16:56
I think ultimatley, without ppl having to trawl through this thread, (Good job i did!!)
also new issues for some aside,

The mods either need to sticky or add to patch notes at top in bold writing,
For all steering wheel users to :

Reconfigure steering/ reset deadzones.

It will help with the confusions.....

Agreed , and include any other info they might have regarding fixes in the near future? ::fingers crossed::

Srt8 300c
28-05-2015, 16:56
The first thing you have to do is reset your wheel settings by pressing the y-button in the main menu (options &help/controls). Reset only the deadzones to 0 is not enough.
This is a good explanation : https://www.facebook.com/ThrustmasterXTeam/posts/897637356963435

Thanks for the advice but with all due respect i did all these things first job.
I know how to set deadzones.........

RoccoTTS
28-05-2015, 16:59
Thanks for the advice but with all due respect i did all these things first job.
I know how to set deadzones.........

Is the problem solved now ?

Lagoa
28-05-2015, 17:01
deadzone was pre patch default at 1 as I recall

Srt8 300c
28-05-2015, 17:07
Is the problem solved now ?

Have a look at my post page 7/8 i think....

Bobbydakid
28-05-2015, 17:23

Is your speed sensitivity at 0? Sorry you've probably done that but didn't see.

You done a hard reset? Plugged and unplugged the wheel?

Tillj
28-05-2015, 17:35

I just reset my settings, went to controls and pressed Y to default it. The deadzone is set to 1... ill try going on track... I had the same issue as your video

gookiecrunch
28-05-2015, 17:39
Maybe try reinstalling the game? My wheel is working ok.

Tillj
28-05-2015, 17:41
Its working after i did the reset, although i think the FFB is a bit weaker, could be due to settings reset.

FA RACING 01
28-05-2015, 20:56

RoccoTTS - just a word of thanks mate for all your advice in this thread. Was devastated when I got home tonight and my TX wheel felt like racing with piece of soap on ice. So read this whole thread, followed your advice and "whalla" I'm back to my perfect wheel setup and even a bit better. BIG thanks to you and the others here mate. I owe you. Really hope all the wheel guys get sorted too.

Robhd
28-05-2015, 21:02
With a bit more tinkering my TX is fine too but still a bit light on the default settings... Still like a bit more ffb over kerbs which still don't feel quite right mst of the time and seem to have a bit of input lag when you go over them... The ffb then feels like it comes in just after i have gone over the kerb rather than when i am actually on the kerb? Or am i losing it?

newiepete
28-05-2015, 22:25
same here too. controller bug fixed at the expense of wheel users its BS. roll on ..FM6. can I have my money back please.

GRTfast
29-05-2015, 00:40
Reset my wheel settings and did a calibration. It works great. Maybe even better than before. The increase in turning resistance at standstill and low speed is much more realistic.

GRTfast
29-05-2015, 00:41
Reset your wheel settings and re calibrate. It works great.

CQR Deuce
29-05-2015, 01:00
I don't know if it's an issue with the patch or not but the game is now recognizing my clutch pedal as throttle and throttle as clutch. I just changed the assignments so not to big a deal. This happened after I did a hard reset, tried a few more hard resets but still doesn't recognize them correctly. I'm using the TX with T3PA pedals.

FFB is still pretty weak compared to the PC. I still manage roughly the same times on both, a little quicker on PC but the FFB could be better on XB1. Reminds me of an old car when the steering is worn out.

turbohondaej1
29-05-2015, 02:39
Reset my wheel settings and did a calibration. It works great. Maybe even better than before. The increase in turning resistance at standstill and low speed is much more realistic.

I'm just curious how this is realistic unless you have no power steering even then it is not like that in cars I've drove without power steering. On all default settings minus the deadzone settings my wheel is stupid at a stop if I turn the wheel to the right, why does it rip the wheel from my hand with enough force to cause injury? Seems like they added those ffb tweaks from someone and messed it up this was not on the patch notes. Where are the patch notes for the ffb settings?

GRTfast
29-05-2015, 02:43
I'm just curious how this is realistic unless you have no power steering even then it is not like that in cars I've drove without power steering. On all default settings minus the deadzone settings my wheel is stupid at a stop if I turn the wheel to the right, why does it rip the wheel from my hand with enough force to cause injury? Seems like they added those ffb tweaks from someone and messed it up this was not on the patch notes. Where are the patch notes for the ffb settings?

I think you're being a bit over dramatic. What I mean is that in a non power steering car (most race cars) the wheel is noticeably harder to turn at standstill, and now
The game emulates that. Is it exactly dead on balls accurate? Maybe not. Is it more realistic than no FFB at standstill? Yup. Is it going to injure you? Not unless your arms are made out of fluorescent light bulbs.

Use Jack Spade's settings from this thread. It's the best console FFB experience I've ever had. Better than forza or gran tourismo.

nissan4ever
29-05-2015, 03:05
same here too. controller bug fixed at the expense of wheel users its BS. roll on ..FM6. can I have my money back please.

There's nothing wrong with the TX. Once I reset my deadzones & recalibrated it, I was good to go. Screw lame FM6. Forza, the game with horrible FFB on a Wheel.

nissan4ever
29-05-2015, 03:08
I think you're being a bit over dramatic. What I mean is that in a non power steering car (most race cars) the wheel is noticeably harder to turn at standstill, and now
The game emulates that. Is it exactly dead on balls accurate? Maybe not. Is it more realistic than no FFB at standstill? Yup. Is it going to injure you? Not unless your arms are made out of fluorescent light bulbs.

Use Jack Spade's settings from this thread. It's the best console FFB experience I've ever had. Better than forza or gran tourismo.

Some people just don't get it. Simple Deadzone reset issue. The FFB is stronger. I had to dial my master & sop scale back 10 (I did +30 from Jack spade guide on those 2 scales). Once I sorted deadzones issues, I instantly could feel a difference in FFB (in a good way).

My opinion, the patch 1.3 slighty improved the FFB on Xbox One Project Cars.

GRTfast
29-05-2015, 03:13
Some people just don't get it. Simple Deadzone reset issue. The FFB is stronger. I had to dial my master & sop scale back 10 (I did +30 from Jack spade guide on those 2 scales). Once I sorted deadzones issues, I instantly could feel a difference in FFB (in a good way).

My opinion, the patch 1.3 slighty improved the FFB on Xbox One Project Cars.

Yup

nissan4ever
29-05-2015, 03:22
OP needs to edit title to this post IMO. It's not horrible or unplayable.

turbohondaej1
29-05-2015, 03:24

Just because it's better than what your use to does not make it right. Also I was in a motorcycle wreck 2 years ago and I have 2 metal plates and 16 screws in my arm it is a problem when it's at a stop for me if I turn the wheel to right a little it rips away from my hands. No car I've ever driven does that with no power steering. I wouldn't mind if it was adjustable for the ffb you are using or stable while turning the wheel force wise. It isn't and there should be no jerking around like that. I can understand some people may like it but there is no option on xbox at present to disable it that is an issue.

Sorry but I'm just wondering how many cars in the game do you think have no power steering because I would guess almost all the newer cars have power steering in real life. Mostly electric if I remember right...

nissan4ever
29-05-2015, 03:31
Just because it's better than what your use to does not make it right. Also I was in a motorcycle wreck 2 years ago and I have 2 metal plates and 16 screws in my arm it is a problem when it's at a stop for me if I turn the wheel to right a little it rips away from my hands. No car I've ever driven does that with no power steering. I wouldn't mind if it was adjustable for the ffb you are using or stable while turning the wheel force wise. It isn't and there should be no jerking around like that. I can understand some people may like it but there is no option on xbox at present to disable it that is an issue.

Wouldn't lowering the games FFB, Tire, master scale & sop scale fix what you're talking about (although master scale & sop scale needs to be done per car)?

Say 50, 50, 28, 28 in respective order.

turbohondaej1
29-05-2015, 03:36
Wouldn't lowering the games FFB, Tire, master scale & sop scale fix what you're talking about (although master scale & sop scale needs to be done per car)?

Say 50, 50, 28, 28 in respective order.

I tried all default settings and it was a major difference another guy said he turned his down to 5 ffb strength. It is a line in the code for a setting on the wheel I think it defaults to max force or something.

turbohondaej1
29-05-2015, 03:39
This is from the jack spade sticky thread we have no option for this on xbox one.

Additional Info:
People who prefer NO FFB at standstill change the line in the files like this: <value DisableSlowSpring="false" />

2013FIREBLADE
29-05-2015, 03:42
same thing for me great before patch horrible after I hope they fix this soon. Unplayable as is.

Reinart86
29-05-2015, 03:52
Yeah after a night of racing i also think there's something wrong with the ffb. It's fine when you're driving but as stated here, when standing still, it's completely unrealistic. The wheel just violently spins to center or even sometimes to a random side. There's definitely something going wrong.

nissan4ever
29-05-2015, 03:53
same thing for me great before patch horrible after I hope they fix this soon. Unplayable as is.

What makes it unplayable for you? Did you put your deadzones back to what they were before the patch? Recalibrate your wheel in game after fixing deadzones?

2013FIREBLADE
29-05-2015, 04:27
thankyou all fixed

2013FIREBLADE
29-05-2015, 04:33
been reading other posts and found one that works go to options and help then controls and press the reset button then put your old settings and off you go.

Stag
29-05-2015, 09:03
Yeah after a night of racing i also think there's something wrong with the ffb. It's fine when you're driving but as stated here, when standing still, it's completely unrealistic. The wheel just violently spins to center or even sometimes to a random side. There's definitely something going wrong.

Same here. Turn the wheel when at slow speed and it violently snatches wheel to full lock and crashes back n forth to limit.
I fear for the wheels and it is quite dangerous whatever they say b
Mine is better with ffb turned right down and all numbers reset but it's still shocking. You have to wonder who is creating and testing this rubbish. As apart from endless little problems with game my wheel was great.
Think thus is the beginning of the end unless they sort it fast.

Stephen Viljoen
29-05-2015, 09:14
Hey guys, sorry to hear some of you are experiencing problems with your wheels. One thing to try before the next patch makes it out in the wild - Check with your wheel manufacturer for a firmware upgrade and make sure your wheel is on the latest firmware. Along with that, make sure you reset your wheel back to defaults. we have and continue to work on the wheel support internals, and a number of issues have come up that turned out to be related to firmware (or a combination of firmware and the SDK implementation).

BufordTJust1c3
29-05-2015, 10:16
The problem here is that the wheel centres itself when you hit 10mph and you then cannot turn until you are going faster.

Also i have noticed that if i park on a hill and hold the handbrake, button A default on the the TX wheel the car will still roll forward.

Stag
29-05-2015, 10:44
Hey guys, sorry to hear some of you are experiencing problems with your wheels. One thing to try before the next patch makes it out in the wild - Check with your wheel manufacturer for a firmware upgrade and make sure your wheel is on the latest firmware. Along with that, make sure you reset your wheel back to defaults. we have and continue to work on the wheel support internals, and a number of issues have come up that turned out to be related to firmware (or a combination of firmware and the SDK implementation).

My wheel is up to date. Like I said all reset etc recalibrated and I'm ok at setting them up
It's not too bad till you hit a slow bend then snatch and you need all strength to stop it banging on limit repeatedly Which if you left it I'm sure would toast the wheel.
I've kind of got used to it but it's not right but it's like the ffb is on a million when you slow turn.

Stag
29-05-2015, 10:45
Same

Stag
29-05-2015, 10:46
The problem here is that the wheel centres itself when you hit 10mph and you then cannot turn until you are going faster.

Also i have noticed that if i park on a hill and hold the handbrake, button A default on the the TX wheel the car will still roll forward.

Same as

RoccoTTS
29-05-2015, 10:48
make sure you reset your wheel back to defaults.

Maybe you should warn people to do this when a new patch is coming. I think a lot of problems in this tread coming from people who didn't do this.

BufordTJust1c3
29-05-2015, 10:58
Maybe you should warn people to do this when a new patch is coming. I think a lot of problems in this tread coming from people who didn't do this.

I reset/re calibrated, wheel is latest firmware.

This is not a game breaking issue but an issue none the less.

RoccoTTS
29-05-2015, 11:02
I reset/re calibrated, wheel is latest firmware.

This is not a game breaking issue but an issue none the less.

The problem you have has nothing to do with reset.

Alter_Schwede62
29-05-2015, 11:12
I new with my TX have set in the general settings for steering:
Death zone: 0
Sensivity: 100%

In the Car setup:
FFB strenght: 100%

With those settings I am in the near of the driving feeling before the update.

Lagoa
29-05-2015, 11:14
The things we have to do to get this game running 'decent'. I feel sorry for the 90% of people that bought this game and don't go around forums searsching for stuff. And just take the game as it is.. I image many allrdy sold their copy.. Shame.

mkstatto
29-05-2015, 11:34
I have had no issues with my TX, reset after upgrade and recalibrated both wheel and pedals and have adjusted the tire force back up to 115% as I had it pre patch. Been running around with the FA fine. If it helps I don't leave my wheel conected to the Xbox when not playing Pcars I disconnect the USB lead after I finished and reconnect before i engage the game again so I centres itself.

Magictap
29-05-2015, 11:55
Hi all, loving game however since the patch i have had more issues than before patch 1.3 with TX. I have pressed Y to reset and recalibrated fyi. Looking forward to next patch and then hopefully we will all be happy ;O):

- loss of FFB, mainly online, with varying degrees of ease of fix (dashboarding, game restart, xbox restart)
- stuck in one view without being able to change views unless restarting game
- loss of wheel and pedal calibration making cars steering inputs very sensitive. restart game and re-calibrate
- stuck in lobbies when others are already in game in practice session
- no option to choose car, goes straight into session, so have wrong car selected
- not being able to join online even though others could
- FFB goes crazy strong for no reason when leaving pits first time, game restart

to name a few....

jacbraz
29-05-2015, 13:06
Hi all... first post here.

I bought Project Cars for PS4 and it arrived yesterday... I was very eager to play it, as weeks ago I purchased a T300RS wheel, just planning to fully enjoy PCars.

So... finally yesterday night I made my debut in PCars... but TOTALLY DISAPOINTED with my experience. :frown-new:

I connected the wheel, started the game... calibrabration procedure successful... However, when just coming out of the pit I noticed that the car was understeering, despite my steering input with the wheel. I mean, I just was not able to perform one turn correctly. It happens as this guy shows in this video https://www.you.tube.com/watch?v=qIJO8983jGA

Then I stumbled upon this forum that said that Patch 1.3 may be causing something like this to some people... Very unfortunate I tried PCars in my console one day after this bloody patch was released.

T300 firmware is updated, so I guess this is not an issue. Too bad I couldn't try PCars before the patch and notice the difference. Changing the steering deadzone and sensitivity did very little effect. Still unplayable.

In a nutshell... no PCars and no T300 for me yet.

I have a question... is anybody experiencing this problem on PS4?

I hope I have the answer soon...:dejection:

justonce68
29-05-2015, 13:13
if you have reset you wheel it has reset all your button mapping also

ao1977
29-05-2015, 13:13
I bought Project Cars for PS4

Then I stumbled upon this forum that said that Patch 1.3 may be causing something like this to some people... Very unfortunate I tried PCars in my console one day after this bloody patch was released.
Well, as patch 1.3 was released for XBONE (as well as this subforum is for that platform) … uhm, you get the hint? :cool:

Snowowl
29-05-2015, 13:15
I still have very light FFB, but what corrected all the troublesome items like the feedback banging at slow speeds, etc., was shutting down the Xbox One. Then I removed the controller from the connection, powered up my Thrustmaster TX, inserted the USB connector on the back slot, and started the console via the X button on the front of the box.

Did all the signing in to Xbox Live, started Project Cars. I then made sure I followed all the Thrustmaster instructions for the 1.3 patch here: https://www.facebook.com/ThrustmasterXTeam I'm sure there are tweaks which can be done, but at least it feels like driving instead of having hand-to-hand combat. :)

P.S. - Make sure to use the REAR USB slots for the wheel. The Xbox One is weird on treating the USB connections properly, but I'm running the latest update (to be released to the public by Xbox Live next week), and properly starting the wheel connected with the console seems to allow clean recognition of the wheel WITHOUT having to manually set up the wheel itself. Just leave that stuff alone, and use in-game settings only.

jacbraz
29-05-2015, 13:55
Thanks ao1977... no hint for me here, I guess.

Reinart86
29-05-2015, 14:02
I did al these things Snowowl, i'm still having to fight the wheel when standing still or moving very slowly.

Reinart86
29-05-2015, 14:12
This is from the jack spade sticky thread we have no option for this on xbox one.

Additional Info:
People who prefer NO FFB at standstill change the line in the files like this: <value DisableSlowSpring="false" />
That's cool when you're on pc but how do you do this on xbox?

PHastaLaVista
29-05-2015, 14:15
Same problem with tx. Game is now unplayable. Also getting my gear ratio has changed to all the same, wtf. This patch has ruined it

skijumptoes
29-05-2015, 14:29
Had the same experience with wheel (i.e. hands on screen would move 1:1 but steering was slow and ramped up as i turned), just reset it in controls, moved deadzone to zero and recalibrated - it's fine now... But, Definitely different to what i had before, but i can adjust to it fine i think. Feels a bit 'squishy' to start with.

nissan4ever
29-05-2015, 14:34
Same problem with tx. Game is now unplayable. Also getting my gear ratio has changed to all the same, wtf. This patch has ruined it

Make sure you reset your deadzones to what they were pre-patch 1.3. They got reset from patch. Then recalibrate the wheel in game. That's what I did & the FFB is actually a tad better now. I use Jack Spade's FFB spreadsheet, SOP Lateral Mix Chart. I increased the Master Scale & SOP Scale +20. Others wise I used all other numbers on the chart per car.

RoccoTTS
29-05-2015, 14:55
I did al these things Snowowl, i'm still having to fight the wheel when standing still or moving very slowly.

You are not supposed to be standing still on a race track, you have to drive fast on a track ;)

ornerybiped
29-05-2015, 15:06
same for me just tried it i could not get round some of the corners in second gear going slow on one of the tracks. i use the spider 458. my deadzone was moved to 15 for some strange reason, i moved it back to normal and it still feels wrong on full turn it either will not turn or spin off. no i am not a good driver but even i should be able to get round a corner going slow.

i don't see in the update notes that they have even messed with the steering for the spider 458, so maybe its just me but it just feels terrible now.or the steering wheel is on its way out .

kevin turner
29-05-2015, 15:09
Yes Agree just reset Dead zones to zero and re calibrate. Ive also heard that turning input to 2 backing out and then back to 3 helps also.

RoccoTTS
29-05-2015, 15:09
same for me just tried it i could not get round some of the corners in second gear going slow on one of the tracks. i use the spider 458. my deadzone was moved to 15 for some strange reason, i moved it back to normal and it still feels wrong on full turn it either will not turn or spin off. no i am not a good driver but even i should be able to get round a corner going slow.

i don't see in the update notes that they have even messed with the steering for the spider 458, so maybe its just me but it just feels terrible now.or the steering wheel is on its way out .

Go to options&help/controls and hit the y-button to reset your wheel settings. This should solve the problem.

Reinart86
29-05-2015, 15:11
Yeah sure, but when you crash or spin out you shouldn't need to wrestle the wheel to avoid it ripping itself apart. :P

kevin turner
29-05-2015, 15:12
Check that your Master scale for each car on the force feedback is not to high. I run with around 30-40. Also lower your x,y,and z scale to around 60
That's cool when you're on pc but how do you do this on xbox?

Reinart86
29-05-2015, 15:18
Check that your Master scale for each car on the force feedback is not to high. I run with around 30-40. Also lower your x,y,and z scale to around 60
Yeah already tried this, i used the default jack spade settings, i even tried a lower master scale then that list suggests. It now was = no feeling when driving and still as violently heavy when standing stil. I also tried to turn the main ffb to 50, that didn't help