PDA

View Full Version : Community Events.

Mrwaxem
28-05-2015, 11:53
Hi im new to the PCG forum so apologys up front if ive posted this in the wrong place.

I noticed a few days ago that all of the community events had become locked, but due to work commitments i just passed it off as a network problem, dismissed it.
I came back yesterday to see that they are still locked, and began to ask around.
Now first thanks to Chris Binfield for his help this morning in getting to the bottom of it, but it turns out they are now all closed.
Tis my fault i suppose that i work long hours and that i dont get much 'playtime' on my machine but im a little upset that when i do finally come online to have a crack at a hot lap i cant because i didnt sign up to the latest forum page or an online esports community to find all the info required to compete.
Now ive not come here to blow off or launch into deep vitriolic post, ive come here to make a simple suggestion, please add to each event in the community events section not only a start date but a closing date so that those with very little time at least have that information to make time and therefore have an oppurtunity to plan ahead and be able to take part in those events.

Project cars is a very very pukka game, i enjoy it more than the ability to breathe oxygen, it truly is that good.
Regards Mr Waxem.

Carlos81255
28-05-2015, 11:56
When they are open there's a timer telling you how many days hours and minutes you have left

Mrwaxem
28-05-2015, 12:04
When they are open there's a timer telling you how many days hours and minutes you have left

I am aware of that carlos, thanks for your reply. :D

Pugamall
28-05-2015, 12:06
I think the problem here is more expired events don't show as expired (as far as I can see), just locked, and the avail from date shows, so anyone who just got game or perhaps is not aware of the schedule thinks they are locked out,
take today for instance, there are no events avail, so you do not see a countdown on any, and it just looks like you are locked from all.

Just looks to be unfortunate timing, as when events are active you would prob see that and work out others have expired

It's still worth the mentioning by Mrwaxem (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?109520-Mrwaxem) as brings up something others might come across with similar circumstances accessing events

in fairness it does point you to a Facebook page for info at bottom, but I wouldn't see that everyone taking note of that or going there to find out

Carlos81255
28-05-2015, 12:08
The only thing is that the your times may not register at the minute but they are re-running the first ones due to this so you will get another chance I think the next one opens on the 5th June but if your on Facebook like the Project Cars page and you will get event notifications so you don't miss them in the future

Mrwaxem
28-05-2015, 12:22
I think the problem here is more expired events don't show as expired (as far as I can see), just locked, and the avail from date shows, so anyone who just got game or perhaps is not aware of the schedule thinks they are locked out,
take today for instance, there are no events avail, so you do not see a countdown on any, and it just looks like you are locked from all.

Just looks to be unfortunate timing, as when events are active you would prob see that and work out others have expired

still worth mentioning by the Mrwaxem (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?109520-Mrwaxem) as brings up something others might come across with similar circumstances accessing events

in fairness it does point you to a Facebook page for info at bottom, but I wouldn't see that everyone taking note of that or going there to find out

Couldnt have said it better, well to be honest i didnt say it did i? Lol
But yeah i dont have a faceplant page nor do i have the time for one or any other really.

rayh271
28-05-2015, 16:59
is there a way of finding out how many community events that i have taken part in.....i have done a few of them....but when i hit the find me button no times showing up