PDA

View Full Version : Custom livery in multiplayer mod

david42fr
28-05-2015, 12:08
Hi,

We organize a little championship with 30 members and I have a question : is it possible -or will be- to play with a custom livery during a multiplayer event? and can the others players see the livery il all the members install the livery locally?

Thanks for the info

DragonSyr
28-05-2015, 12:13
Yes, as Ian says here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27957-FAO-Ian-Bell-and-team-(not-moaning)-Livery-Licenses&p=947589&viewfull=1#post947589

david42fr
28-05-2015, 14:13
Thanks, that's a great news!

Henrique Clausing
29-05-2015, 13:51
Very exciting!

Arkymedes
30-05-2015, 14:29
Yeah, just tried that and it doesn't work :(

Made my CL all nice and tidy, asked people on MP if they could see and they all saw the default white car with wireframe :(

DragonSyr
30-05-2015, 14:52
Ian said they can see the customs.... but did not say how (or when?) you can read the post link above

Arkymedes
30-05-2015, 15:01
Ian said they can see the customs.... but did not say how (or when?) you can read the post link above

Well, the guy asked him if in MP people could use CL and if they would be visible for everyone, where Ian answered "Yes".

Am I missing something?

DragonSyr
30-05-2015, 17:17
Well, the guy asked him if in MP people could use CL and if they would be visible for everyone, where Ian answered "Yes".

Am I missing something?

look

Ian,
the liverys doesn't matter for me, but i have 2 questions.

1st:- If i have a "personal" livery created and drive with it in MP (i have it only on my PC)means that during/after the "synchronisation" other driver can see my unique car?
2nd:- have a friend with a company, means that if he give me the OK, i could use his logo, right?

Thanks!

Yes. And no manufacturer can do anything to you.

what you understand ?

Arkymedes
30-05-2015, 17:21
Am I that stupid? Because what I understand from that question is if players can see other player's liveries when in Multiplayer, and Ian answered "yes".

Unless my English is really giving up on me, I don't see another way to understand the question made.

If yes, then I would like a clarification about that issue, please. :)

DragonSyr
06-06-2015, 16:19
latest post for this
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28471-how-to-see-others-custom-liveries-(PC)&p=971246&viewfull=1#post971246

Mattias
07-06-2015, 09:08
I was disappointed as well when I realized other players can't see my livery I made. All they could see was a white car.
So I guess it is only good for taking screenshots.

Should be easy enough to have the client download the custom livery to a tmp folder so it is visible for everyone. Or perhaps a dedicated folder for downloads such as these custom liveries. So when you join a server, it'll download custom liveries from others. This though, requires a good connection from the other person, these files can get large...

Westbeef
07-06-2015, 09:52
I'm confused, Ian says we can see them after sync. But No one can see mine in game? Can anyone say for sure if people should be able to see my livery or not?

R-Racer
07-06-2015, 11:59
Does anyone know if there is any plans to introduce custom helmets as well?

Would be nice if you could have your own helmets and everyone can see each other's design....

DragonSyr
07-06-2015, 12:02
I'm confused, Ian says we can see them after sync. But No one can see mine in game? Can anyone say for sure if people should be able to see my livery or not?

also in same threat

In the beta you could see the personal livery players, but now not. And correction to the problem will not be resolved in patch 1.4.

smellyllama
26-07-2015, 11:27
it's got to be said this is a little confusing; people are asking about multiplayer custom skins and some are linking a thread and comment that says this is possible yet other people are saying it is a future steam workshop feature.

Any clarification or even a flat out don't know!

Mahjik
26-07-2015, 14:05
it's got to be said this is a little confusing; people are asking about multiplayer custom skins and some are linking a thread and comment that says this is possible yet other people are saying it is a future steam workshop feature.

Any clarification or even a flat out don't know!

You cannot "today" see other player's custom skins. You will only see their white, wireframe skin.

smellyllama
27-07-2015, 20:35
Thanks Mahjik. Can't wait until this is an option, there's some stunning liveries out there and it's always fun to show off you designs.

DragonSyr
03-09-2015, 07:28
any news about this?

crimson1973
03-09-2015, 07:44
+1 This feature would be amazing. Wouldn't be too hard to program in either. Just load every player livery in the group to the host before the race.

VTCC admin
03-09-2015, 17:02
what i belive is only the person with the file /skin installed will see it, if you dont have the file you see onlt a white car with a wireframe on it.