PDA

View Full Version : Game freezing while exiting time trial mode

PaulxB
28-05-2015, 12:49
Anyone else having this issue?
After downloading the patch I decided to test a few cars out in time trial mode.
When I have finished with a car/track I press start to pause the game and then press A to exit and it just freezes on that screen and I have to reset the game.

PTG Ty1er Ward
29-05-2015, 05:36
Happened to me 3 times tonight (was also twitching at the same time if it matters)

Manic DBB
29-05-2015, 18:10
It happens around 1 in 10 attempts for me, too. I also had this prior to the patch.

T4M80
04-06-2015, 13:34
It happens to me every time.

bubbadabutcher
04-06-2015, 14:07
If its the same freeze that I've had, it seems to be input related in my experience. Try waiting for a straight, letting off the throttle and waiting for all rumble to be done before hitting start. Maybe I'll jinx myself but I haven't had any freezing on exit since doing this.

beetes_juice
04-06-2015, 14:17
If its the same freeze that I've had, it seems to be input related in my experience. Try waiting for a straight, letting off the throttle and waiting for all rumble to be done before hitting start. Maybe I'll jinx myself but I haven't had any freezing on exit since doing this.

However odd this sounds, I found this to be the case.

I'll spin out and go flying into the grass/wall/dirt and attempt to quit out while still dirty and I get a freeze. Do the same scenario but back on track after the spin and quit out, no freeze.

AdM1
04-06-2015, 15:28
Yeah and it doesn't save the best lap time either :(. I'm sticking with career for now.

bubbadabutcher
04-06-2015, 16:47
However odd this sounds, I found this to be the case.

I'll spin out and go flying into the grass/wall/dirt and attempt to quit out while still dirty and I get a freeze. Do the same scenario but back on track after the spin and quit out, no freeze.

That's originally how I discovered for myself as well.

I said input related but I think that isn't entirely accurate. It seems to happen either with player input or when total number of calculations is high. for example, exiting when controller is rumbling and the split time shows onscreen, sliding in the dirt, etc.

Outlier
04-06-2015, 16:49
I noticed going back to the pit box after spinning off that I get some lingering FFB effect in the XBOX One controller. Perhaps the freezing is related to FFB signals still being processed??

FLASHRADAR
20-06-2015, 11:12
I' ve reproduced this issue a lot of time since patch 1.4 was released, it happens when I make change on car setup or on wheel configuration (same with controller) then I return to Time trial or community events.
My scenario to reproduce:
1. Start game
2. Go to wheel or controller configuration and make a change
3. Save by clicking back button
4. Select a community events (driver network)
5. Start Racing then quit the event
6. Game is frozen

You can try step 2 with a car setup change, same effect.

It's very difficult to set a time with this issue because it's never registered!!! The only workaround is make change on wheel or car, then quit the game, reload the game and go to the event without touching anything.
I've made a clear cache and hard reset, no change.

Platform: XB1
Wheel thrustmaster TX - XB1 controller
PCars numerical limited edition with all dlc and patchs - game size 19gb

wraithsrike
20-06-2015, 11:21
Yep random freezing here as well, exit session freeze exit menu freeze ect each time I'm having to do a hard reset to get the xbox working again.

FLASHRADAR
20-06-2015, 11:29
Yep random freezing here as well, exit session freeze exit menu freeze ect each time I'm having to do a hard reset to get the xbox working again.

it happened to me in version 1.3 (and before) but in 1.4 it is really very common, the hard reset could help before but now it had no effect.
I've just noticed the issue is on network driver, on Time trial it works better but happens sometimes

mrbrownnose
20-06-2015, 17:04
i have the same problem + on sonoma international i can't get a clean lap in. I always get a penalty just before the finishline and yes iam in the middle of the track.