PDA

View Full Version : How to disable the guiding line assist for everyone on my server ??

Jens848
28-05-2015, 13:33
Hello everyone,

I'm a huge fan of online racing on the PS4, Project Cars is indeed the best racing sim game of the moment !! cheers for that !
But there is one thing that bothers me online... I can't seem to find how to disable the guiding race line for everyone on my server?
Is this even possible ?? if not, please make it possible !!!!
Everyone equal with the same settings is fair racing.
And what would also be an improvement is to have more detailed filter options to search/create an online server..
For example: Filter servers with : ABS: no, Traction: no, Brake assist: no, GUIDING LINE!: NO ! etc... instead of Novice, Amateur , Pro ...

If U agree with my post, plz comment below ! So it gets the moderators attention and we can hopefully see this awesome update in the future patch!

Hoping for some positive reply's ! ;)

Jens848

Zsozsa
21-06-2015, 13:10
There should be an option to turn off guiding line by the host for the full lobby! I didn't believe that I couldn't find this in the game (even Forza has it). First of all the same chances can not be provided for everyone. Secondly think about a race at pitchblack night at Nordschleife where you have to know the 73 curves at heart! What an advantage it is for a racer who uses this feature and the line shows him the way in the dark while others struggle to stay on track...

Please give us this small but important switch in the multiplayer lobby settings!

MULTIVITZ
21-06-2015, 13:25
Have you added it to the ultimate suggestion thread? After a search of two maybe?!

jsykes
21-06-2015, 21:35
Secondly think about a race at pitchblack night at Nordschleife where you have to know the 73 curves at heart! What an advantage it is for a racer who uses this feature and the line shows him the way in the dark while others struggle to stay on track...

You have the option to use it as well if its such an advantage. I fail to see why everyone else is so worried about the assists that other players use. If its an unfair advantage, use it yourself. If you want to play without it, that is your choice as well.

This is the opinion of someone that does NOT use the line, but thinks that if someone wants to, they should be allowed to. No matter how much of a sim you think or want this to be, it is still a video GAME and people should have the option to have fun with it the way they have fun with it.

lacslyer
21-06-2015, 21:42
You have the option to use it as well if its such an advantage. I fail to see why everyone else is so worried about the assists that other players use. If its an unfair advantage, use it yourself. If you want to play without it, that is your choice as well.

This is the opinion of someone that does NOT use the line, but thinks that if someone wants to, they should be allowed to. No matter how much of a sim you think or want this to be, it is still a video GAME and people should have the option to have fun with it the way they have fun with it.

While you're right, in that he very well has the option to use it himself, you're missing the point. He doesn't want to rely on it in order to compete, and racing in multiplayer should offer equal competitiveness in options if players want it. So people are more than welcome to use it, but there should be an option to disable it if people choose to, in order to create an equal playing field for those who want to race against others who won't use it.

This isn't a debate about forcing your restrictions upon others in a game. Because just as you think people should have the option to play the way they choose, so should the person you're criticizing as well. And he simply wants the capability to race against others without the guide.