PDA

View Full Version : Practice & Qualifiying stops as soon as timer reaches zero, can't finish current lap

Oi Oi JC
28-05-2015, 13:44
Apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere I did a quick search but nothing came up.

Its really frustrating during practice or especially qualifying if you're on a hot lap when the timer reaches zero & you get whisked back to the menu.

Is there any future plans to patch this so we get to finish the lap we're on when the time runs out as per real life?

N0body Of The Goat
28-05-2015, 13:55
Sessions finishing at timer zero is certainly the current situation for multiplayer, but IIRC, you can complete the current lap in Quick Race Weekend mode.

Oi Oi JC
28-05-2015, 13:59
Finishes at zero in career mode, I haven't tried the quick race weekend yet will try that tonight :)

Dutchmountains
28-05-2015, 14:39
Depends on the class you are driving in.

ciderman9000000
28-05-2015, 14:56
I've found that qualifying finishes at zero in solo only if you've invalidated the current lap, whereas if you're on a clean lap you're free to continue. I could be imagining that though.

bkfount
28-05-2015, 15:25
I've found that qualifying finishes at zero in solo only if you've invalidated the current lap, whereas if you're on a clean lap you're free to continue. I could be imagining that though.

no, it ends around halfway through a lap after time expires like there's another timer. It's annoying but I just restart or avoid pushing that late.

Ryno917
28-05-2015, 15:45
Early on in my career I was able to finish my flying lap (and it secured me a pole position) when I crossed the line with only about 15 seconds remaining - I can't remember which class it was, though. Might have been an invitational. Later on my career, in FRookie, it was over as soon as it hit 0.

I think the class might have something to do with it. Many of the early invitational events are much 'larger' than the career events, so they may be allowed to finish hot laps, whereas the smaller classes can't. If that is the case, that's quite a nifty feature.

Megalomanic87
28-05-2015, 15:49
Not sure if this would work in Multiplayer, i can imagine some moron parked out in the middle of the track (which happens!) meaning no one can progress to the next session.
I think it's fine how it is.

myheadhurts
28-05-2015, 16:07
Not sure if this would work in Multiplayer, i can imagine some moron parked out in the middle of the track (which happens!) meaning no one can progress to the next session.
I think it's fine how it is.

I'm not sure why we couldn't provide a buffer after the counter hits zero of (say) pole time plus 10% to allow people to finish their laps. That way, people who are on pace get to finish their laps, but if people are overly slow (or have stopped) don't hold up the race.

F1Aussie
29-05-2015, 01:12
i only play solo mode and it always stops my lap when time is up, i dont know any race series that has this implemented

cerbrus2
29-05-2015, 01:30
Yeah does it to me as well. Time runs out I get the Final lap message comes up, and suddenly It ends, had it end seconds before the finish line before, other times it's half way through a lap. Only time it Hansent done it to me is on Lemans invitational event.

TMoney
29-05-2015, 01:43
Here we go again. This keeps getting brought up and I believe for single player is a bug.

Doesn't matter the class you race in, whether the lap is invalidated or not, whether the moon is full or half, whether there is a solar eclipse or not.

Some car/track combos allow you to finish the lap. Some don't. Bug.

Pressure Drop
26-06-2015, 02:57
that's the best idea I think. Once the timer exceeds the fastest lap set, then the game moves on, but not before.
I'd love to be able to complete the last lap online, because it usually would have been my fastest!