PDA

View Full Version : is there a patch for the force feedback?

Carlos81255
28-05-2015, 13:57
Is there a patch for the force feedback coming to ps4? I know it can be adjusted with the million or so sliders that this game has but I'm really struggling with it, I'm a floor layer by trade not a programmer or a mathematician and if it was a case of setting it up once I'd probably read the billions of threads on here and other Internet pages to find one close enough to realistic that I'm happy with but trying to set it up for each individual car is just giving me brain ache.

Sonny Crockett
28-05-2015, 13:59
Patch for PS4 is incoming (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27074-Coming-May-28th-Project-CARS-Xbox-One-Upcoming-Patch-1-3-Release-notes&p=947357&viewfull=1#post947357). I'm sure any issues with the Force Feedback will be solved in this update.

Carlos81255
28-05-2015, 14:02
I hope so call me a dumbass if you like but there's no way I'm ever getting my head round that lot

dvboy
28-05-2015, 17:19
Its giving me a bit of a headache also,for the most part I am finding the changes have very little effect on the feel of the wheel,must be just me??

Carlos81255
28-05-2015, 18:06
It's not just you. I've defended this game alot but surely this is not right both SMS and Thrustmaster advertised that the T300rs is compatible and works perfectly on Project C.A.R.S on the PS4 and I for one have spent a lot of money on their say so on a playseat,wheel,pedals and a shifter and their not sorting the problem it's all about Xbox One and patching that piece of garbage and sod PS4 and it's really starting to annoy me I bet they took more money off PS4 customers than they did off Xbox and PC and we just keep getting shoved to the back of the line

Paulzx
28-05-2015, 18:33
I'm finding T300Rs with the T3PA pedals is working quite well at the moment so any update that improves it should be really good.

I agree there is too much info flying around about what values we should all be using. Adjusting the Tire Force setting appears to be the main go to setting for the feedback strength of the wheel.

What else are you struggling with? My biggest issue right now is not being able to get much feel with the brake pedal and the conical brake mod,
it either seems to lock up the brakes or be nowhere near stopping the car, even with the rubber stop behind the pedal it doesn't feel like there's any
real progression when pushing the pedal.

diddles
28-05-2015, 18:41
I tried something on my T100 that someone suggested on another thread. If you turn the 'Dead zone removal fall off' to maximum, this has made the feeling of the steering and ffb much better, along with the car adjustments from Jack spade.

Carlos81255
28-05-2015, 18:52
I haven't even started on the pedals yet I've spent hours trying to sort the wheel out so it feels half decent and when you finally think your getting somewhere you find out your settings haven't saved and your back to square one and that's just with one car sod sorting the other 70 odd out surely it's ment to be as close to realistic as possible with the standard settings and if we want to change it then that's up to us not the standard settings are pretty much impossible to drive unless your a bodybuilder and we are ment to program it ourselves it's ridiculous

Spitfire77
28-05-2015, 18:59
Is there a patch for the force feedback coming to ps4? I know it can be adjusted with the million or so sliders that this game has but I'm really struggling with it, I'm a floor layer by trade not a programmer or a mathematician and if it was a case of setting it up once I'd probably read the billions of threads on here and other Internet pages to find one close enough to realistic that I'm happy with but trying to set it up for each individual car is just giving me brain ache.

please try jack spades settings - read the full post and enter the settings on his sheet. I really did not bother to try and understand each thing in the settings but his settings are very good.

If it was my choice (obviously it is not) I would have had jack spades settings put into the game as selection buttons like "Classic" and "Fy+SoPLatera'" that would automatically enter the values for each car, by far this would improve the experience for many people as the default settings are not liked by many.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

Here a detailed Exel and PDF file V1.5 by forum member "Wootball"

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ul...xport=download
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ul...xport=download

Carlos81255
28-05-2015, 19:03
I appreciate your help guys I'm just getting more and more annoyed with it I'll try again tomorrow bloody deadzones x,y and z crap is well over my head.

Carlos81255
28-05-2015, 19:10
Spitfire you changed all them settings on every car? Wow sod that

dvboy
28-05-2015, 20:48
I cant get any feedback,its like I have a rubber band on my t300 directing my wheel towards center.When I go off the road and hit the little bumps I don't feel it one bit on my wheel,absolutely nothing.Tried all kinds of different setting to the point that I give up till some sort of patch comes along to give me some hope.

Spitfire77
28-05-2015, 21:08
Spitfire you changed all them settings on every car? Wow sod that

Yes - but only for the cars I am driving or going to drive, I did not enter them all yet. - remember this is supposed to be a sim so they allowed for very detailed settings changes.. and more the idea that lots of people will use only one car at a time for awhile. Like in the real world.. most race car drivers only race one car.

First the front page global settings enter those it is a one time thing.

but the main problem with the FFB in pCARS is with the default settings for each car.. having Fx Fy Fz & Mz at 100 is over kill.. your wheel can only handle so much data.. so with them all at 100 you get what is called clipping. - I have learned a lot from this game about FFB, not because I wanted to but because I wanted it to feel good.

When you are in the garage for the car you are going to use enter the settings from the sheet for that car (I like classic), then save making sure to save to ALL TRACKS!. Then that car is done, that car has FFB settings for each track. I

only tried a few cars before starting the career. So I did those and they are done.. Now in career before I start an event, i see what car is used, if I have not used that car, I exit and go back to the garage and enter the settings for that car.. sure it takes time, but it is worth it. As I said.. my grasp on what each setting does is minimal, but this Jack Spade is one of the FFB gurus from all that I have read.

diesel97
28-05-2015, 21:26
Patch for PS4 is incoming (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27074-Coming-May-28th-Project-CARS-Xbox-One-Upcoming-Patch-1-3-Release-notes&p=947357&viewfull=1#post947357). I'm sure any issues with the Force Feedback will be solved in this update.

Thanks for your link but it says nothing about FFB update . If you are expecting SMS to make the settings idiot (console) proof you will be waiting a long time . Time to do a little homework and trial and error. Welcome to a real sim kidds.

Spitfire77
28-05-2015, 21:28
I cant get any feedback,its like I have a rubber band on my t300 directing my wheel towards center.When I go off the road and hit the little bumps I don't feel it one bit on my wheel,absolutely nothing.Tried all kinds of different setting to the point that I give up till some sort of patch comes along to give me some hope.

The first ps4 patch should have the center spring disabled or add the option to disable it - I saw that in the known issues thread for ps4.. this should help with some of it.. also make sure deadzone removal setting is at 0 or .05 - no higher for the T300.

Also if you want to feel the bumps and curbs more .. there is a bumps plus tab in jack spades latest sheet that he included for the people looking for more of that.

I can feel the curbs and rumble strips with my T300 using his settings form the classic tab.

dvboy
28-05-2015, 21:57
The first ps4 patch should have the center spring disabled or add the option to disable it - I saw that in the known issues thread for ps4.. this should help with some of it.. also make sure deadzone removal setting is at 0 or .05 - no higher for the T300.

Also if you want to feel the bumps and curbs more .. there is a bumps plus tab in jack spades latest sheet that he included for the people looking for more of that.

I can feel the curbs and rumble strips with my T300 using his settings form the classic tab.
Thanks,I will try your suggestions when I have some time.

diesel97
28-05-2015, 21:59
I hope your right about the "center spring " but havent seen much from the devs about this, just work arounds . i think theeir is more to it than we know. If you could post a link were the devs said it will be fixed or and option that would be good

Spitfire77
28-05-2015, 22:22
I hope your right about the "center spring " but havent seen much from the devs about this, just work arounds . i think theeir is more to it than we know. If you could post a link were the devs said it will be fixed or and option that would be good

It is in the known issues thread - http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22495-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-(PS4)-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-28-05

but you're right.. I cant find any comments by them stating it will be disabled or the option to disable. - My mistake.

Carlos81255
29-05-2015, 08:10
Obviously I didn't read the small print. I thought they said it was the most realistic racing experience ever released on any console pretty sure it didn't say only if you have enough time and a full understanding of how force feedback works you will be able to achieve this. The so called forza and gt killer which I've had and enjoyed pretty much every version of and never had to program myself. And I'm taking from their silence the devs don't intend on fixing this. Good luck to the rest of you I hope you get there in the end but I'm done with it it's not worth the brain ache.

dvboy
29-05-2015, 20:32

I tried these setting and it had no effect on my FFB.It got me thinking to delete the software and start from scratch,did that and FINALLY my wheel is starting to give me some feedback!!I must of had something way out of wack that was causing major clipping in my original set-up,now its actually fun to play this game.Not saying its perfect,but I am way ahead of where I was before!!:)