PDA

View Full Version : worse steering . back to the shelf .

turboxnetics
28-05-2015, 16:53
Im finding the steering worse on controller . Way too sensitive . Yes the steering bugs are fixed but it is now harder to drive as the linearity is way to sensitive causing a lot of invalidated lap times ..

I think increasing the scales in the steering options will let people find there own fix
as The update didnt do it ... yes some people will say otherwise . But this is a personal opinion from a avid racing/car enthusiast/mechanic .

as it stands im putting the disk back in the case until I can afford a wheel .
To feel the potential in this game I have to commit , its just unfortunate how much it sets me back as I am not middle class .

As reference to my experience ive done over 1000 laps on the ring with wheels
and know most tracks fast line

Great potential , but to expensive to feel "play" the game

MULTIVITZ
28-05-2015, 16:58
Have you tried a descent tune for the cars you drive? Stops alot of misbehaving of the cars, the slicks need warming up. Just trying to help. Theres alot of help on here. Try my evo to check its not the default tunes. The screen shot of the summary is here somewhere.

BDR Daz
28-05-2015, 17:34
Im finding the steering worse on controller . Way too sensitive . Yes the steering bugs are fixed but it is now harder to drive as the linearity is way to sensitive causing a lot of invalidated lap times ..

What cars are you using ?

The LMP1's are way too twitchy but that can be dumbed down with a nice bit of tuning

The GT's are now a pleasure to drive they feel weighted and how you would think they would drive

I dont think you need to post your "Experience" we all have experience ... I would try re-installing the game anyway, I had an issue where I was 2 seconds a lap slower against a friend who I can run with, I am now beating him consistently

turboxnetics
28-05-2015, 18:09
I have tried everything . Back and forth and back and forth back and forth from free run to options menu. Its not fun ..
I tuned everything and still is not good enough for me to enjoy the game .

For me to feel satisfied in this game , I need a thrustmaster tx with clutch pedal and shifter.
Here in canada thats about $700 . And im frugal .

The whole xbox experience in general sucks , im thinking of trading it for a gaming pc instead of buying a wheel and using my g27 ..

BDR Daz
28-05-2015, 18:29
Again you dont supply information as to what classes or cars you are running ... There is clearly an issue with either yourself or the game that needs to be ironed out because a lot of people are enjoying the game now that the steering has been altered

Without information then people cant help you and it just looks like you are on here for a moan

Im Sorry
28-05-2015, 19:38
Mine has been great since the patch.I use mode 3 with very little adjustments.

Roger Prynne
28-05-2015, 20:10

I think increasing the scales in the steering options will let people find there own fix
as The update didnt do it ... yes some people will say otherwise . But this is a personal opinion from a avid racing/car enthusiast/mechanic .

as it stands im putting the disk back in the case until I can afford a wheel .
To feel the potential in this game I have to commit , its just unfortunate how much it sets me back as I am not middle class .

Have you even read some of the threads about this.... lots of guys are very satisfied with the new patch and some good information as well.

Elmo
28-05-2015, 20:14
The guys are right, please be more precise with what you actual problem is and we gladly help to resolve it.

toxiclego
29-05-2015, 19:29
I feel bad for everyone having problems with the game. I only have the first patch installed and I havent had the problems people are having there are some cars that are difficult to drive I found by slowing down a little they are a little better. I use mode 3 on the controller i tweaked it a bit to suit me

bargainhunter1
29-05-2015, 19:41
I found the patch helped me a lot. It's not Forza, it's a tough game to get use to. I find myself easing on the brakes and easing into the gas so to not spin out. Also when I first started playing the game, I drove Formula rookie cars and those are fun to drive, then I have worked my way up to faster and more aggressive handling cars. Also I've worked on a few of the tuning on the cars. Mainly tire temps to get the warmer faster. Honestly the default set ups are pretty decent. Hope this helps!

gds1972
29-05-2015, 19:42
The controller operation is better buy you will probably need to tweak the setting to get it just right for you using the setup guide in the thread below.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23153-Xbox-One-Controller-Configuration-Guide