PDA

View Full Version : Optimal Temperatures [GT3]

YourHomieG
28-05-2015, 16:55
I have finally started dabbling into tuning in PCARS...it's awesome. I love the attention to detail, but things are very esoteric and require a lot of testing. So I'm wondering, for GT3, what have you guys found to be optimal ranges for the following:

Tire Pressure

Brake Temperature

Water Temperature

I've been digging all throughout this forum and cannot find any definitive ranges or values. I have some of my own assumptions, but it would be cool to fill in some tentative numbers for the greater good of the tuning community.

Thanks guys.

Jens Schmitt
28-05-2015, 17:04
Temperatures for me from 82 to 99 degrees celsius.
long stints races what ever i look at the water temperatur not much over 100 degrees better around 100 degrees
tire pessure lower more working for the carcass too high less grip.

MULTIVITZ
31-05-2015, 10:16
Yeah don't let it go far over 100C you'll get a smokey exhaust as a sign.
Green means goooo, but for how long its up to you to see how much abuse the tyres n stuff can take. The brakes are very good on all cars. Some can be a bit grabby when comming on, so the brake duct is useful, you can end up running around with cool brakes on some tracks andIits fine!! Your call. Don't forget forced real assist, means tcs and abs for some race series, don't get caught out!
You know it makes sense.

YourHomieG
02-06-2015, 00:20
Are you saying it is better to use assists when possible? I have always run with everything off. It slows you down considerably, in my opinion.

Fight-Test
03-06-2015, 15:14
Are you saying it is better to use assists when possible? I have always run with everything off. It slows you down considerably, in my opinion.

In most games that is true. Gt3s have traction contols and abs. I see that most of the top times run will all assists Or just without stability. Past console racers were always faster with assist off.

MABlosfeld
03-06-2015, 15:23
Yesterday I participated in a race with
ABS = on
Stability Control = off
Traction Control = on
Tire wear = REAL
Number of pilots = 20

After 3 laps was impossible to conduct because my car ran out of grip
I noticed that the tires were going from green to blue constantly
I checked the telemetry and temperatures were below 85 C
I found it very strange because it never happened
At first I thought it was the amount of rubber on the track
then I thought it had to do with the connected TRACTION CONTROL

note: I use only ABS

Umer Ahmad
03-06-2015, 15:33
Choose a softer compound. And drive faster. Especially in corners, that is where the tyres heat up best

MABlosfeld
03-06-2015, 17:04
I will simulate the same situation and later pass the results

rocafella1978
11-08-2015, 14:27
does anyone have precise info on GT3 vehicles? (can't find anything at all...benchmarks at all?)
- Soft compound temps? optimal and max?
- Medium compound temps? optimal and max?
- Hard compound temps? optimal and max?
- Brake temps? optimal and max?
- Oil temps? optimal and max?
- Water temps? optimal and max?

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
11-08-2015, 14:30
Optimum for all the tyres should be right around 90 C or so, and I generally consider getting close to 100C as a sign that I'm overheating enough that I need to pay attention to it.

GT3 cars have steel disc brakes, so somewhere in the 600-700 C region is good for them. You can occasionally go over as long as they cool down enough to get back to proper temps, but staying consistently above 700C is starting to push it.

hkraft300
12-08-2015, 01:48
I would aim to keep oil temps below 100C although I don't think I've experienced problems running at ~110c.
Carbon brakes (eg in LMP and Formula A) don't work below ~400c. I've had them over 1000C but not for long.

MitchR32
12-08-2015, 01:50

For once pCARS is actually a game with proper motorsport ABS/TCS, not the ABS/TCS used in Forza and Gran Turismo which is more of a road car based system. On a controller you're much faster using the assists than without, on a wheel it's more a personal preference thing.

hkraft300
12-08-2015, 02:56
Some real life racing series allow the use of assists in the cars and pCars mimics that. Which is awesome.
I've tried TC and ABS which made me just a little more consistent but not faster.
Assists are just that - assists. They'll help you do your thing but they can't do it for you :p