PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster TX Xbox One

Srt8 300c
28-05-2015, 17:01
The only reason for re-post here is for devs/mods to see this and either test for themselves or pass on.
My post is originally buried in another thread.
Feel free to lock thread once seen.

Kind Regards,

Matt.

I am posting this not to rant but as constructive critism.

Imo the ffb since the 1.3 patch feels worse because:

The steering is virtually unmovable at a stop, 10-20mph loosens slightly at racing speed very light.

The steering ffb at race speeds around bends (slow/medium/fast) has sudden jolts of extreme lightness which is off putting.

At 900 degrees my wheel doesnt match the in car steering wheel range of motion and is sloppy to turn.

You dont "feel the bumps" or get any sensation through the wheel when your at the cars limit during cornering.

I have my deadzone set to 0 but the range of motion from steering left to right driving while straight is like a boat.....

I have to say i prefered the steering before this patch. I had 0 issues before and was more than happy with:

response
turn in
FFB feel

It felt the most realistic ive ever experienced on Xbox One.

It now certainly leaves a lot to be desired.

I know you had to address controller issues, but in doing so it seems to have had a huge negative impact on the steering wheel too.

Im very much hoping this can be re-rectified in patch 1.4 because (without mentioning other bugs) it has really spoilt my driving experience.

I found setting rotation angle to 480 degrees now matches the in car simulated wheel and also gives a more 'realistic' and improved ability to turn into bends. (Takes some sloppyness away)

But unfortunatley it is far from ideal......

I have tested GT3 ruf on 3-4 tracks.
Touring cars on 2 tracks

These are my prefered go-to cars i like to use.

Ps
I fully know how to set my wheel up (or i thought i did) and use Jack Spades tuning guide r.e FFB.

Matt.

Pps:

I have also adusted steering ratio from 15.0:1 to 3.4:1 - fastest (steering ratio)

It has slightly improved turn in response but its still far from ideal and worse than pre-patch.

Also i think it would be an idea to Sticky or add to patch notes for people to immediatley reconfigure and re-set deadzones.......

Other wise this happens:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=olYXVr-Nf54

NOW RESOLVED.

Raven403
28-05-2015, 17:14
If i may SRT, the FFB BEFORE the patch was weak and not right, atleast for everyone I talk to, guys in my league all have TXs and 3 of us have it on PC as well, and compared to PC it is not even close, Ive been posting like crazy in all these FFB threads because saying FFB was fine before 1.3 and isnt anymore is im sorry to say FALSE. FFB was never right on XB atleast not compared to how it is on PC (and from what ive heard on ps4).

I just dont want wheel users thinking 1.3 ruined FFB because it was already an issue BEFORE 1.3. I can say with 100% certainty that it is NOT what it is supposed to be. Maybe for some people the weak FFB is what they like, which is fine, but like ive said unless you have played this game with the TX on PC, you really have no IDEA what your missing, Im not being antagonistic or trying to put anyone down at all, its just without that comparison or Control in terms of an experiment, you wouldnt have anything to base it on.

Devs did acknowledge there is a problem with FFB, WAY before 1.3 came out, so there IS a problem with it, I think we are just generating more false info on the threads until the Devs come out and say something officially about what the issue is and how it can be/will be fixed.

Edit: Thats not to say what you say is wrong SRT, If something has changed after 1.3 then your right, I just dont want people thinking nothing was wrong with FFB before 1.3, cuz it was a problem, but based on what youve been saying its just MORE of a problem. Didnt want to make it seem like I was picking an argument with You bud. Just clarifying before we get the same group of people in here saying FFB is fine when it isnt. Maybe for some it is, I have no Idea but whats more likely to me is people saying its Fine have nothing to compare it to..

Srt8 300c
28-05-2015, 17:40
For me it feels worse. (Maybe i need to re-adjust certain settings on tunes, and ffb calibration.)

I feel the idea of perfection/good/bad is a personal choice.
Some may not agree, some may with my opinions......

But ultimatley each induviduals experience/opionion is unique and neither right or wrong. Including mine.

I just reported my experience online after patch 1.3.

I am a track day enthusiast at my local track Donnington Park.

I am a regular with my Chrysler 300 SRT8.
I have also driven a Skyline GTR,s my bro's M5, Evo's etc....
I know how a car feels on the limit. Road car that is...... never been blessed with a race car experience!

Maybe in pre patch, my adjustments(based on Jack Spades FFB tuning guide was perfected)
I am someone who will sit for hours adjusting the feel of the car to get it right.
That has now been lost.

Like i said, perhaps i need to re adjust my ffb settings and maybe a few tweaks on my tunes.(Although with BF4's latest patch i havnt had to recalibrate my sensitivities for example!)

I appreciate your comment mate.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Raven403
28-05-2015, 17:51
Yeah, like I said, beforehand it may have been ok for you which im happy to hear, atleast you could enjoy the experience! and im sorry to hear 1.3 made it worse, I havent yet gotten a chance to get it fired up yet so If it is different I will be right there with you as far as wanting to know why its different.

Thing is the AMOUNT of stuff you had to play with in the settings to get the feel you had before, you shouldnt have to do that is what im saying. On PC it was fire up the game, and "oh wow this FFB is incredible". On Xbox I spent 2-3 days basically just fiddling with settings to get the FFB where it was usable, thats really my point. We all shouldnt have to be experts in all these settings to get the FFB to actually translate something. On PC you adjust your master scale and boom your off, Sure you could spend a lot of time tinkering and whatnot to fine tune it, but its a choice, NOT a requirement like it is on XB. Im probably not wording it the best way but I hope you know what i mean regardless lol. Certainly not saying Your WRONG and IM RIGHT, its ofcourse a matter of preference. Im saying the preference should be whether you like your Master Scale at 25 and I like mine at 50, Not having to have a PhD in FFB settings to get Mediocre FFB.

Like I said tho, the Devs said they are looking into it, im just clarifying my thoughts I dont want it to seem like im endlessly complaining, but now that the controllers are fixed hopefully this gets Full attention.

Cheers Bud, Happy racing!

Srt8 300c
28-05-2015, 17:53
Well said mate

Raven403
28-05-2015, 18:07
hey also, what might help is Bumping Deadzone Removal to .5 and the Deadzoen Removal Falloff to .05 it seemed to get rid of all that mushy feeling I had, it might help.

Srt8 300c
28-05-2015, 18:45
Thanks, im off tomorrow so i will give your advice a good go- hope it helps :)

Srt8 300c
28-05-2015, 18:48
Thanks, im off tomorrow so i will give your advice a good go- hope it helps :)

Mine was 0.0 and 0.3

thanks for the advice pal ill try now ;)

Srt8 300c
28-05-2015, 19:09
hey also, what might help is Bumping Deadzone Removal to .5 and the Deadzoen Removal Falloff to .05 it seemed to get rid of all that mushy feeling I had, it might help.

Raven,

The adjustment you reccomended has greatly improved my experience.....
the latter i adjusted a few notches higher.

The sloppiness has all but gone!!!!!

A few more issues to be taken care of......

Its now a case of FFB tuning, to get the cars to feel right.

Very well done my friend and thankyou.

Hopefullythe devs/moderators willl look at this thread and see:

1) The significant improvement your adjustment made

2) Any insider info to get all cars to an acceptable feel r.e FFB.

Many thanks again.

P.s were you a Mod on the forza forums?
(Had the same name)

Hawker Fury
28-05-2015, 19:22
I understand all the comments on what feels right for one person might not be what another likes, but isn't the problem that the FFB is not giving us Xbox users any feeling of the grip level of the tyres?

Like both of you guys I have spent hours and hours fiddling (insert joke here) and got something I'm vaguely happy with. The weight is ok, I get curb feeling and off road feeling. When the back end steps out I can feel it. But all this may still not be as good as it is running on a PC, I don't have it on PC so I trust that a few of you who have spoken out know.

However what I do know, and I don't need to play it on PC to know, is that there is no feedback on the front tyres level of grip. Whether they are locked up, in complete understeer or at peak grip, there is no difference in the weight feeling of the wheel.

Is this correct? Or have you guys manger to get feedback on grip level??
Cheers

turbohondaej1
28-05-2015, 19:32
The ffb tweaks from jack spade had terrible dead stop ffb on pc. The wheel would do crazy things at a stop impossible to turn I'm not sure what setting it is but you can get rid of it I think.

Benja190782
28-05-2015, 20:01
The ffb tweaks from jack spade had terrible dead stop ffb on pc. The wheel would do crazy things at a stop impossible to turn I'm not sure what setting it is but you can get rid of it I think.

WHAT?? Did you just say "impossible to turn at a stop" - now that is exactly what my Jack Spade settings has become after the patch today!

Should I reset my wheel setting to get rid of it???

turbohondaej1
28-05-2015, 20:13
WHAT?? Did you just say "impossible to turn at a stop" - now that is exactly what my Jack Spade settings has become after the patch today!

I'm not exactly sure you should look through the original thread it was towards the beginning when I tried His settings on pc and had the issues. I ended up using different settings and don't have this issue.

Srt8 300c
28-05-2015, 20:21
I understand all the comments on what feels right for one person might not be what another likes, but isn't the problem that the FFB is not giving us Xbox users any feeling of the grip level of the tyres?

Like both of you guys I have spent hours and hours fiddling (insert joke here) and got something I'm vaguely happy with. The weight is ok, I get curb feeling and off road feeling. When the back end steps out I can feel it. But all this may still not be as good as it is running on a PC, I don't have it on PC so I trust that a few of you who have spoken out know.

Thanks for the reply

However what I do know, and I don't need to play it on PC to know, is that there is no feedback on the front tyres level of grip. Whether they are locked up, in complete understeer or at peak grip, there is no difference in the weight feeling of the wheel.

Is this correct? Or have you guys manger to get feedback on grip level??
Cheers

Try decreasing your sop. (Seat of pants) it generally gives you more feedback from the back tyres.

Therefore exaggerating in turn more feel frrom the front tyres.

Raven403
28-05-2015, 20:39
Raven,

The adjustment you reccomended has greatly improved my experience.....
the latter i adjusted a few notches higher.

The sloppiness has all but gone!!!!!

A few more issues to be taken care of......

Its now a case of FFB tuning, to get the cars to feel right.

Very well done my friend and thankyou.

Hopefullythe devs/moderators willl look at this thread and see:

1) The significant improvement your adjustment made

2) Any insider info to get all cars to an acceptable feel r.e FFB.

Many thanks again.

P.s were you a Mod on the forza forums?
(Had the same name)

Happy it helped, it can't take all the credit my buddy Ch1ps helped figure that one out. Yeah it seems to really improve the feel of the wheel.

No I wasn't a mod on the forza forums, but I would've loved to be lol

Raven403
28-05-2015, 20:41

Yeah idk man u might be better off starting from scratch. Check out the FFB thread by Ch1ps N Queso post 1 has the settings we use, and that I recommended to SRT maybe you'll find them better too. Cheers bud

caiorosisca
29-05-2015, 01:36
Has anyone found a good setting for the new patch? I also play with the TX on xbox one and the game is unplayable after the last patch, I have really little time to play, and I'm losing it all looking at the forums searching for some settings.
I don't understand much about all the options and it takes really long to test them. I've tried setting the FFB as low as 5 and the wheel wouldn't want to turn at all at low speeds.

turbohondaej1
29-05-2015, 02:16
Has anyone found a good setting for the new patch? I also play with the TX on xbox one and the game is unplayable after the last patch, I have really little time to play, and I'm losing it all looking at the forums searching for some settings.
I don't understand much about all the options and it takes really long to test them. I've tried setting the FFB as low as 5 and the wheel wouldn't want to turn at all at low speeds.

Ya I thought mine wasn't doing this but it is messed up almost broke my arm at a stop because it gets crazy as soon as you turn the wheel a little bit it jerks really hard maybe dangerous for some people...

nissan4ever
29-05-2015, 02:45

The patch 1.3 for some reason reset our saved deadzones. I was lost for words at first to. Then I checked out my deadzones & they weren't how I had them prior to the 1.3 patch. I think pretty everyone set there deadzones basically like this.

turbohondaej1
29-05-2015, 03:08
The patch 1.3 for some reason reset our saved deadzones. I was lost for words at first to. Then I checked out my deadzones & they weren't how I had them prior to the 1.3 patch. I think pretty everyone set there deadzones basically like this.

None of my deadzones changed none of my settings where changed. I manually reset everything because of the issue and re adjusted my setups all again well slightly because my settings were very basic because I knew the patches were coming and didn't want a bunch of issues with cars on different tracks different settings in multiplayer.

turbohondaej1
29-05-2015, 03:10

It won't be changed anytime soon for the ffb at a stop the setting is in a line of code no settings for xbox to change that value.

Srt8 300c
29-05-2015, 10:45
Resolved issues guys.

Check this thread.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25046-bManic-s-latest-FFB-experiments-possibly-working-universally-for-all-wheels&highlight=ffb+guide