PDA

View Full Version : Time trial weather and time settings

LeoFric
28-05-2015, 17:48
Hi guys,

I've been at it for several days now. Looking through the forums, searching internet and in game looking how to change this.

I (we) do a lot of time trials, but I always have time at the end of the day. And I'm always stuck with low sun, dark circuits, cold tracks so as an excuse for slower times I think it might have to do something with this. Especially the low hanging sun takes away some clear vision on the track...

So well done by the game designers, it hinders me from getting the right times (lack of experience on the track I know).

But still, whee can I have influence on the weather and time settings the time trial takes place in game?
It's so mind boggling I actually gonna ask an be a noob.....

Bealdor
28-05-2015, 17:51
Weather and time of day is fixed in TT mode to ensure equal conditions for everyone.

The time of day was adjusted to 11:00 am in the latest Xbox One patch and I'm sure it will be adjusted for the PS4 version too.

JessicaWalter
28-05-2015, 17:52
i thought time trials were all at 11am on a clear day so all the times are set from an even starting point and no one has any hot tarmac advantages or rain disadvantages (as 2 examples).

edit: ninja'd

LeoFric
28-05-2015, 17:55
I agree, so,that is why I think it is strange to say the least that my sun is always low and I hit darker tracks.

11am should not have very low sun to hinder you...
(Although time trial with rain could be fun as well, guess I can do that with practice than)

PS4 doesn't get a patch as far as I heared :(

LeeGestuhl
28-05-2015, 18:25
The PS4 version will get a patch too, we just have to wait a bit :)

SpaceMachine
28-05-2015, 20:46
You said it yourself:

(lack of experience on the track I know)

This is why we have Free Practice. Once you know a circuit, time of day has little impact on your times.

MiZtErNiCe
08-06-2015, 18:33
for me time trial should be at 13.00 hours with clear weather. time trial should be the fastest conditions possible IMO

Titomane
22-07-2015, 10:56
for me time trial should be at 13.00 hours with clear weather. time trial should be the fastest conditions possible IMO

Fastest conditions are after practice & qualify, in race. Tarmac have more grip. I make 1-2s faster in race.

magicaldog
27-09-2017, 16:05
Hi guys,

I've been at it for several days now. Looking through the forums, searching internet and in game looking how to change this.

I (we) do a lot of time trials, but I always have time at the end of the day. And I'm always stuck with low sun, dark circuits, cold tracks so as an excuse for slower times I think it might have to do something with this. Especially the low hanging sun takes away some clear vision on the track...

So well done by the game designers, it hinders me from getting the right times (lack of experience on the track I know).

But still, whee can I have influence on the weather and time settings the time trial takes place in game?
It's so mind boggling I actually gonna ask an be a noob.....

I hate that TT autumn at Nordschleife - I want SUMMER ;)