PDA

View Full Version : [POLL] Do you use the Track Assist line?

fbleagh
28-05-2015, 18:00
Just quick poll to see if people use the breaking point/racing line assist?

JessicaWalter
28-05-2015, 18:03
i don't know how/where to vote but...

...no. never.

edit: initially commented before the choices appeared

apexatspeed
i really would like to be able to stop people from using the driving line in lobbies. Or at least let us know who is using it.

flymar
Quick answer: No.
Long answer: I went through both NFS Shift with the guide line on. Then I tried without it and I discovered I'm missing half the fun. With the line visible you just "do" what line tells you. Without it - you drive.

diddles
28-05-2015, 18:21
I always normally use it, but I'm trying with it off now, and getting the hang of it after a few practice laps.

Awong124
28-05-2015, 18:26
Quick answer: No.
Long answer: I went through both NFS Shift with the guide line on. Then I tried without it and I discovered I'm missing half the fun. With the line visible you just "do" what line tells you. Without it - you drive.

I don't use it in most games (PCARS included), but I had it on all the time for NFS Shift because you get points for following the line. And sometimes their line was weird but I followed it anyway.

flymar
28-05-2015, 18:29
because you get points for following the line.
True. And I'm happy we don't have it in pCARS:)

Megalomanic87
28-05-2015, 18:31
Just for the moment, a braking only line would be handy, i drive a varied selection of cars and classes, it is difficult to differentiate braking points for each car, it's a good reference for the first few laps...

MULTIVITZ
28-05-2015, 18:31
Its good in the fog! But only gets accurate with a good setup, a bit annoying most of the time when you know your way around a track. You wouldn't wanna do a James May on some of the tracks! The tracks are so detailed you get a feel for them visually, very imersive imo.

papabear
28-05-2015, 18:32
Yes, I use it. I'd rather have it on and cut down the chance of me from taking someone out because I got confused where I was on a track, or it's a different configuration with a little different layout than I'm used to. I don't follow the line religiously...or much at all. It's usually not the fastest line. The breaking points are off and will only make you slow or send you off the track.

I've never understood why people complain about others using the line. It doesn't make you faster....so why do people complain when people use it.

Toxic
28-05-2015, 18:34
No I do not
In other games my personal experiences have been that when i have tried to learn a track with it on - when i turn it off im back to square 1. For me i did not learn brake points or entry points because i became reliant on the lines.

BDR Daz
28-05-2015, 18:35
Just for the moment, a braking only line would be handy, i drive a varied selection of cars and classes, it is difficult to differentiate braking points for each car, it's a good reference for the first few laps...

Completely useless on this game, its as much use as a chocolate teapot, it seems it has been done for the lower class cars, its not a dynamic red line which means in GT cars and above you should be braking way beyond the red line on the track

i really would like to be able to stop people from using the driving line in lobbies. Or at least let us know who is using it.

Why does it matter if someone uses it or not (I am not in this game by the way because as stated above its complexity wrong) If they want to use it that is there prerogative, I use it on Forza 5, do I need to have it on? no, could I turn it off? most certainly ... I just "like" to have it on

jgaganas
28-05-2015, 18:40
No. It also hurts my eyes.

apexatspeed
28-05-2015, 18:45
Why does it matter if someone uses it or not (I am not in this game by the way because as stated above its complexity wrong) If they want to use it that is there prerogative, I use it on Forza 5, do I need to have it on? no, could I turn it off? most certainly ... I just "like" to have it on

I am talking about in online lobbies. Half the battle with practice and qualifying is finding and remembering your braking points and the lines through the corner. It is bogus for people in the lobby for someone be using a handicap. The same reason you can ban traction control and stability control in lobbies. It takes away from the people who are going balls deep if they are driving against guys using handicaps and don't know it.

Toxic
28-05-2015, 18:47
I am talking about in online lobbies. Half the battle with practice and qualifying is finding and remembering your braking points and the lines through the corner. It is bogus for people in the lobby for someone be using a handicap. The same reason you can ban traction control and stability control in lobbies. It takes away from the people who are going balls deep if they are driving against guys using handicaps and don't know it.

People using a guiding line in multiplayer are going to be a lot slower than those who do not.

Guiding lines will not show you the quickest way around a track

cudirage13
28-05-2015, 18:48
I use it at first to learn the tracks so I know what gears to be on and such when approaching certain corners and looking for any unexpected chicanes or hairpins.

Patrik Marek
28-05-2015, 18:49
nothing to be ashamed of using it, but as Flymar said it does force you to drive how the line tells you to drive,

I guess for more casual gameplay, perhaps from external view, I could keep it on, but for driving from cockpit I turn it off

LordDRIFT
28-05-2015, 18:49
Since I'm looking for a simulated experience ....No. A combo of following the AI and the groove, along with replay analysis is enough to learn the tracks.

wraithsrike
28-05-2015, 18:55
I wish it was as easy as yes or no.

My problem is I hate the line with a passion but the simple truth of the matter is without it in the rain I simply cannot see the track.

Now because I don't know when it's going to rain and I have no option to turn on/off on the fly I'm screwed.

I did start messing about going back and forth to settings when the weather got so bad I couldn't see the track but soon got fed up with that so now just leave it on.

To be fair As a brake line it's useless any ways as it's way off, but as a cats eye in the rain it's a good way of seeing your way ahead.

apexatspeed
28-05-2015, 19:21
People using a guiding line in multiplayer are going to be a lot slower than those who do not.

Guiding lines will not show you the quickest way around a track

I never said it would make slow drivers miraculously faster, but it is a handicap. Banning the driving line in an online lobby would the same thing as banning traction control. It is a handicap and should be able to be optionally removed. If some of us want lobbies that have the driving line banned we should be able to do that. I don't see why you wouldn't want that option.

Mr Akina
28-05-2015, 19:39
I think it's a good tool for learning a new track, I would also prefer it if it was 'Braking Line Only'. Although I don't use it in career, I often put it on for multiplayer racing as it gives me a better idea where the others are going to brake and it saves me from rear-ending them at the actual braking point.

GT_Racing
28-05-2015, 19:52
I never said it would make slow drivers miraculously faster, but it is a handicap. Banning the driving line in an online lobby would the same thing as banning traction control. It is a handicap and should be able to be optionally removed. If some of us want lobbies that have the driving line banned we should be able to do that. I don't see why you wouldn't want that option.

I agree. The host should have the option to remove it. The only reason why you wouldn't want it to be removed is that it is harder for people who need it to find a lobby, but thats the same as traction control or stability control. All crutches need to be removable in the host settings.

Edroh De Nornal
28-05-2015, 20:00
Nope
I Use it once, make me lose focus and do mistakes very often.
actually the tracks have tons of references to drive properly.

OpticalHercules
28-05-2015, 20:14
I do most series races of 30 mins or less without the line. For endurance races I keep the line on. With the repairs not happening in pits right now, if you lose your headlights on a day-night progression race like 24hr le mans, you are screwed along the Mulsanne straights and chicanes. Have to admit though, driving circuit de la sarthe or spa francorchamps at night without lights, using only the racing line is a really eerie sensation and a lot of fun, in it's own way.

N0body Of The Goat
28-05-2015, 20:30
It can be handy on very unfamiliar tracks, but given I've tested pCARS for a while, I'm reasonable happy with all tracks currently in the game.

Solitude, however, is one I will need the assist for when it makes a return. ;)

jaykinch
28-05-2015, 20:41
I use it when learning a track it's very good for that once I've done bout 10-15 laps I start looking around for breaking points and things like that
It would be handy to have a button to turn it on or off mid game

Toxic
28-05-2015, 20:48

Whats the issue with someone using a driving line in a lobby if they have no performance advantage?

oneBIGkicker
28-05-2015, 20:56
Whats the issue with someone using a driving line in a lobby if they have no performance advantage?

This!
Never can understand why anyone cares what aids I/other drivers have on, does not affect your game at all?? in fact I would argure it makes your game better.
why? in a random lobbies, most cant drive to begin with, force off line and TCS and they drive way worse, go off track on every turn,
I rather have them stay on track and be somewhat fast, way more fun then them missing every breaking point and spinning out each turn,

If I want a level palying feild, I join a League

apexatspeed
28-05-2015, 20:57

So you think traction control and stability control should be on in all lobbies?

It does give them an advantage in qualifying. We have to remember our braking zones on dry tracks. Everyone who is playing under realistic simulation has to adjust their brake points depending on weather. They have to look through the fog and past other cars when looking for their braking point. People with the driving line on can just stare at the line and know exactly when to brake. Are you serious right now?

Have you ever run Watkins Glenn under heavy fog without the braking line? Do it with and without and then see if there is an advantage.

oneBIGkicker
28-05-2015, 20:59
So you think traction control and stability control should be on in all lobbies?

if you think you have lost the race due to TCS, turn it on or get better throttle control,
Why force someone to play they game how you want?

GT_Racing
28-05-2015, 21:08
if you think you have lost the race due to TCS, turn it on or get better throttle control,
Why force someone to play they game how you want?

Why is this even a question? You can take it off because you can. There is not justification. If you host a lobby and you dont want people to lean on traction control thats too bad for the people that need it. Jesus christ we have options for a reason. If you want people in your lobby to use Traction and stability control cool. Your hand can be held.

KK78
28-05-2015, 21:23
I had it on at first and probably did 10 races or so but switched it off ages ago along with some other aids, I actually find it distracting and prefer picking out my own visual cues on the track side instead to mark my braking points. I don't have an issue with others using it though.

BDR Daz
28-05-2015, 21:27
It does give them an advantage in qualifying. We have to remember our braking zones on dry tracks. Everyone who is playing under realistic simulation has to adjust their brake points depending on weather. They have to look through the fog and past other cars when looking for their braking point. People with the driving line on can just stare at the line and know exactly when to brake. Are you serious right now?

Have you ever run Watkins Glenn under heavy fog without the braking line? Do it with and without and then see if there is an advantage.

I would agree with you that they would get an advantage IF the Braking line was accurate, its not, where it tells you to brake is way too soon ... the only "Advantage" to having the line on is it tells you what way to go ... If you are used to the tracks that isnt an issue ...

GT_Racing
28-05-2015, 21:28

You arguments are nonsense. First it does make them faster and it does give them an advantage. If it didnt give them an advantage or make them faster why would they use it? Because they like the pretty colors? No because it makes them faster. Also how about we race for an entire day using GT4 cars then you race me in Formula A cars on a track that is heavily based on braking and i get to use the driving line and you dont? Yeah now do you see the advantage? Also try driving in heavy fog or in changing weather conditions with and without the driving line. You get a MAJOR advantage with a driving line when the wetness of the track and the temperature is changing forcing you to adjust your braking points. You saying that you dont gain anything is completely false. It is there as a handicap for a reason. To HELP people with the game.

So lets say I am wrong. The driving line doesnt do jack. Everything is equal. If somebody wants all assists off in their lobbdy why in gods name should somebody be able to come in and use assists when nobody else is? How about we do this. Two near equal drivers race in a Forumla A car in heavy rain with changing driving conditions. One gets nothing. No ABS, No TCS, No Stability control, no driving line on every track one lap see who is fastest. The other gets to do the same but with every assist. Who will be faster? The guy with the assists. Jesus christ. It is an option. If you want to use the line find a lobby with one. You should be able to force it off just like every other assist in this game and the line in every other racing game. It is stupid to throw away somebody wanting the option just because you want to use it.

LADY GEMMA JANE
28-05-2015, 21:29
Never!

Roger Prynne
28-05-2015, 21:32
The driving line aid is just a basic one to help the newcomers really and that's it... the braking points are different for all cars anyway.
It's just a learning tool.

BDR Daz
28-05-2015, 21:34
Who will be faster? The guy with the assists. Jesus christ. It is an option. If you want to use the line find a lobby with one. You should be able to force it off just like every other assist in this game and the line in every other racing game. It is stupid to throw away somebody wanting the option just because you want to use it.

In Forza 5 it was actually more of an advantage to use NO ABS over having it on ... Who's to say that isn't the same in this game ?

No ABS will give you more control over cars braking, letting you brake harder and deeper into a corner without electronics taking over ... guess what that's the same with the STM and TCS, the player can control the slide without the computer saying "no you shouldn't be sliding" ... THAT is the advantage ... not by running an assist

apexatspeed
28-05-2015, 21:38
I would agree with you that they would get an advantage IF the Braking line was accurate, its not, where it tells you to brake is way too soon ... the only "Advantage" to having the line on is it tells you what way to go ... If you are used to the tracks that isnt an issue ...

It is too soon, but that saves you from braking late. Seriously try a track like the Glenn in heavy fog. The driving line will EASILY save you. It gives you absolute advantage in changing weather conditions and when cars are obstructing the apex and/or brake points.

GT_Racing
28-05-2015, 21:40

Yes, but it makes it easy to brake in changing conditions, and it can be used accurately if you know what you are doing. It is also a constant reminder to keep you from missing braking points if you are distracted by the cars around you. If you catch a flash of red on the ground in the heat all you have to do is mash the brakes. Also if you use it enough you will pick up on how early it is and just brake when you are completely in the red instead of right at the red. It is pretty easy. Another advantage you get is you can use it on turns that have little to no braking references so you just have a imaginary personal reference to use every lap where the other drivers are having to judge it on the distance to the upcoming corner by just looking at it.

apexatspeed
28-05-2015, 21:41
In Forza 5 it was actually more of an advantage to use NO ABS over having it on ... Who's to say that isn't the same in this game ?

No ABS will give you more control over cars braking, letting you brake harder and deeper into a corner without electronics taking over ... guess what that's the same with the STM and TCS, the player can control the slide without the computer saying "no you shouldn't be sliding" ... THAT is the advantage ... not by running an assist

This is a whole different battle than not being able to force the driving line off in an online lobby.

Yes the person who is skilled enough to drive without assists would beat someone who needs the handicap. The thing is that two drivers on equal footings the person with aids has an advantage. ESPECIALLY with changing weather and track conditions. There is a reason traction control is banned in most racing leagues.

BDR Daz
28-05-2015, 21:42
Seriously try a track like the Glenn in heavy fog. The driving line will EASILY save you.

Why would I need to try ? I play racing games to get good at them, that means learning the tracks ... It doesn't matter if its night, day, fog, rain or snow, you learn where the track goes, you learn where the braking points are, you then adjust them accordingly to the situation that is in front of you on that lap ...

The line is only there as a guide ... it will make no one any faster at the game when they get to a certain level, the brain takes over and knows the braking points and the way the track goes so the line will become a distraction

GT_Racing
28-05-2015, 21:49
The driving line aid is just a basic one to help the newcomers really and that's it... the braking points are different for all cars anyway.
It's just a learning tool.

While I agree with your first statement I cant agree with the second. Yes the braking points are different for all cars, and that is why the driving line changes depending on what car you are in and how fast your are going...

KK78
28-05-2015, 21:51
As an aside, to my knowledge, most major motor sports do allow traction control, Formula 1 been an exception. I believe is present in all GT classes, touring/DTM, Le Mans and the lower Formula classes.

apexatspeed
Why would I need to try ? I play racing games to get good at them, that means learning the tracks ... It doesn't matter if its night, day, fog, rain or snow, you learn where the track goes, you learn where the braking points are, you then adjust them accordingly to the situation that is in front of you on that lap ...

The line is only there as a guide ... it will make no one any faster at the game when they get to a certain level, the brain takes over and knows the braking points and the way the track goes so the line will become a distraction

Why do you have to try? Because if you have done it you would know that driving with the driving line online in changing conditions is a massive handicap.

Why shouldn't there be an option to ban the driving line in lobbies?

BDR Daz
Yes the braking points are different for all cars, and that is why the driving line changes depending on what car you are in and how fast your are going...

No it does not ! it is not a dynamic racing line like other games have had, the braking point (line turning from green to red) is in the same place on the track for a stock car as it is for an LMP1 car

BDR Daz
28-05-2015, 21:57
Why do you have to try? Because if you have done it you would know that driving with the driving line online in changing conditions is a massive handicap.

Why shouldn't there be an option to ban the driving line in lobbies?

I played earlier in a race in a Ginetta on Imola with changing weather and night to day cycle, I was driving in thunder and lightning in pitch black with no driving line on ... It was just as though I was running it in the day, because over the years I have driven thousands of laps around Imola and know exactly when the corners are coming up ...

Experience and skill has nothing over someone who is using a line ...

Why shouldn't there be ? well ill counter that with why should there be ? why limit the amount of people who you can have in a lobby because you dont like the fact that they are using a line ...

Putting it into a perspective, it sound like the scenario with Red Bull throwing their toys out the pram because Mercedes have the better engine ...

It shouldnt matter what anyone else in the lobby is doing ... its competition, go out and beat them ...if you cant beat them try harder ...

GT_Racing
28-05-2015, 22:00

1: Good thing this is not Forza
2: There is something wrong with Forza's ABS. It locks the tires when braking in a straight line and leaves skid marks. That shouldnt happen
3: You are missing my point. My point is that assists do help people and if you can use it as an advantage you should be able to restrict it. It doesnt make sense to allow all the other restrictions but leave the driving line out. I hope this last point makes my thoughts more clear.

Jezza819
28-05-2015, 22:01
Never.

If it's a new track, I'll go out first in something slower and learn it that way.

apexatspeed
28-05-2015, 22:03
I played earlier in a race in a Ginetta on Imola with changing weather and night to day cycle, I was driving in thunder and lightning in pitch black with no driving line on ... It was just as though I was running it in the day, because over the years I have driven thousands of laps around Imola and know exactly when the corners are coming up ...

Experience and skill has nothing over someone who is using a line ...

Why shouldn't there be ? well ill counter that with why should there be ? why limit the amount of people who you can have in a lobby because you dont like the fact that they are using a line ...

Putting it into a perspective, it sound like the scenario with Red Bull throwing their toys out the pram because Mercedes have the better engine ...

It shouldnt matter what anyone else in the lobby is doing ... its competition, go out and beat them ...if you cant beat them try harder ...

There is no way that you drive any track in torrential down pour the same way you drive a track in the dry.

If I can ban TC and SC in a lobby why can't I ban the driving line? I can not believe that you can not see how the driving line gives you an advantage in diverse weather, changing conditions, and when you are battling in a pack of cars.

GT_Racing
28-05-2015, 22:14
No it does not ! it is not a dynamic racing line like other games have had, the braking point (line turning from green to red) is in the same place on the track for a stock car as it is for an LMP1 car

I just tried it out using a stock car and a LMP1. You are correct. It only changes based on how fast you are going. I honestly hadnt used it enough to know. I retract my statement.

OpticalHercules
28-05-2015, 22:20
Like oneBIGkicker said back on page three: Why force someone to play the game how you want?

My only complaint about people using the racing line in multiplayer is that some people get so tunnel-visioned on the line that they completely ignore everyone else on the road. While free of traffic that can be a benefit, but if anyone else is around you, you are oblivious to the potential for driving them off the track or vice versa.

Sure PCars is marketed as a racing simulator, but that doesn't mean everyone who plays it is in to the total simulation aspect of the game. Personally, I think of it as a racing game first. If total immersion is your thing, that's great for you, but forcing others to play the way you do will only have the result of further reducing the already low population of players who join multiplayer, which in turn will further reduce your ability to enjoy your racing simulation in a multiplayer environment.

As for TCS, I would be lost without it right now as I play on a 458 Spider wheel and have zero FFB or rumble to aid me in the 'feel' of the car when i'm at or near the limits of my traction. I have learned to play without it by focusing more on the audio feedback of the tires, but trying to race competitively with other equally skilled drivers puts me at a distinct disadvantage without TCS compared to drivers with a TX wheel or even a controller. Is that your fault? Definitely not. But why should it be my fault for enjoying the game as best I can with what control method I chose to use?

BDR Daz
28-05-2015, 22:24
There is no way that you drive any track in torrential down pour the same way you drive a track in the dry.

I can not believe that you can not see how the driving line gives you an advantage in diverse weather, changing conditions, and when you are battling in a pack of cars.

Where did I say I drive the track the same way ? I said it doesn't matter what the conditions a line does not help me, Because I have learned the track, I have rain, that means I need to brake a little sooner, if it dries up, I know I can brake later, that's called learning a game and not using a line that tells you to brake in the exact same point if you are in a Clio or an Formula A car

You change your driving style to match the conditions you are racing on that lap (funny I think I said the EXACT same thing about 5 posts back ...) You use your SKILL and track knowledge to be able to drive the track

I can not see how it gives you an advantage because a new player in a game with a line on the track is not going to be as fast as someone who has skill and knowledge ... when they get good at the game the brain takes over and the line is irrelevant

GT_Racing
28-05-2015, 22:25
Like oneBIGkicker said back on page three: Why force someone to play the game how you want?

My only complaint about people using the racing line in multiplayer is that some people get so tunnel-visioned on the line that they completely ignore everyone else on the road. While free of traffic that can be a benefit, but if anyone else is around you, you are oblivious to the potential for driving them off the track or vice versa.

Sure PCars is marketed as a racing simulator, but that doesn't mean everyone who plays it is in to the total simulation aspect of the game. Personally, I think of it as a racing game first. If total immersion is your thing, that's great for you, but forcing others to play the way you do will only have the result of further reducing the already low population of players who join multiplayer, which in turn will further reduce your ability to enjoy your racing simulation in a multiplayer environment.

As for TCS, I would be lost without it right now as I play on a 458 Spider wheel and have zero FFB or rumble to aid me in the 'feel' of the car when i'm at or near the limits of my traction. I have learned to play without it by focusing more on the audio feedback of the tires, but trying to race competitively with other equally skilled drivers puts me at a distinct disadvantage without TCS compared to drivers with a TX wheel or even a controller. Is that your fault? Definitely not. But why should it be my fault for enjoying the game as best I can with what control method I chose to use?

The whole point is being able to create your own rules and regulations per lobby. Nobody is saying to remove it from the game or remove it from online. If your case is why force someone to play the game how you want; how would you like it if somebody races Formula A cars against Forumula C cars. I guess you should just suck it up like the other guy says and try harder. I am just saying if you can ban TCS and Stability control, and ABS why not allow people to force off the driving line? Just answer me that.

apexatspeed
As an aside, to my knowledge, most major motor sports do allow traction control, Formula 1 been an exception. I believe is present in all GT classes, touring/DTM, Le Mans and the lower Formula classes.

Nope nope you are wrong there.
F1, IndyCar, NASCAR, World Touring Car, DTM, GP2, Super GT and GP3 all traction control banned. Where did you get your information?

HLR Ghosty
Dont use it

IgorTheHunchback
28-05-2015, 22:26
I never use the line even when learning a new track I like to keep it as real as possible.

apexatspeed
28-05-2015, 22:28
Where did I say I drive the track the same way ? I said it doesn't matter what the conditions a line does not help me, Because I have learned the track, I have rain, that means I need to brake a little sooner, if it dries up, I know I can brake later, that's called learning a game and not using a line that tells you to brake in the exact same point if you are in a Clio or an Formula A car

You change your driving style to match the conditions you are racing on that lap (funny I think I said the EXACT same thing about 5 posts back ...) You use your SKILL and track knowledge to be able to drive the track

I can not see how it gives you an advantage because a new player in a game with a line on the track is not going to be as fast as someone who has skill and knowledge ... when they get good at the game the brain takes over and the line is irrelevant

Alright I took what you said the wrong way. You seem to have everything sorted.

But I still don't see how you can't see that driving with the line on can give someone an advantage. What is wrong with the option to have it banned in lobbies? We can ban everything else why not, again I stress, the OPTION to ban the driving line in lobbies?

Edroh De Nornal
28-05-2015, 22:32
when you win a race and beats your oponents who uses racinglines:

http://new1.fjcdn.com/comments/Hfw+the+entire+video+_75880315d9b6f2833d05cac8b2fb98a0.png

FA RACING 01
28-05-2015, 22:35
No never use the line. Let me either break to soon or too late. Think only the crashers use it so that they know where to wait for you.

BDR Daz
28-05-2015, 22:38
again I stress, the OPTION to ban the driving line in lobbies?

Because why restrict the amount of players you have in a room ... If you say well why cant we have the option where does it end ...

Do you then want an option that restricts it to people only using Controllers, cause if they have a wheel they may have an advantage ...
Do you want an option that restricts a controller layout, cause you (I mean this in a hypothetical sense) use the D-Pad to steer so you want to ban analog sticks cause they have an advantage

Why is it that big a deal that someone is using a line to help them get around the track ...

apexatspeed
28-05-2015, 22:41
Because why restrict the amount of players you have in a room ... If you say well why cant we have the option where does it end ...

Do you then want an option that restricts it to people only using Controllers, cause if they have a wheel they may have an advantage ...
Do you want an option that restricts a controller layout, cause you (I mean this in a hypothetical sense) use the D-Pad to steer so you want to ban analog sticks cause they have an advantage

Why is it that big a deal that someone is using a line to help them get around the track ...

Wow, you are comparing banning controller layout and using a wheel to a handicap built into the game? Are you serious right now? We have the option to prevent other aids from being used why can't we prevent people from using the driving line?

Why do I want to restrict the players in my lobby? Because I want to race against other drivers not using handicaps. The same reason why some people CHOOSE to ban TC and SC in their lobbies. Some people force manual gears and interior view. That is just the way people want it.

I am not sure if you are serious or not right now.

GT_Racing
28-05-2015, 22:44

Uh DTM doesnt allow traciton control or ABS. WTCC, BTCC, Formula 4, GP2, and Super GT do not allow traction control. A lot of leagues do not allow traction control. I would say there are just as many that dont allow it that do or maybe more.

GT_Racing
28-05-2015, 22:48

You are stretching so hard. You restrict the amount of players you will get in a room by restriction traciton and stability control and abs, but people still do it. It just evens it up a bit. And sure if you want to ban controllers or certain controls then thats fine too. It wont bother me because I wont ban it in my lobby, and I just wont be able to join the ones that do ban controllers. It is up to the host to make restrictions that will decrease the amount of people that will join. If they want to have less drivers come through that is on them. I can not see any reason why you would not want to allow hosts to ban driving lines. This is ridiculous.

madmax2069
28-05-2015, 22:50
I run with it on, im not too proud to admit it, but I do run without ABS, traction, and stability.

SchnauzahPowah
28-05-2015, 23:14
One of the poll choices should be 'yes but I feel dirty and unworthy afterwards'.

Haiden
28-05-2015, 23:38
It will actually take you longer to learn a new track with the guides on, because you follow the guide, instead of learning the brake markers and finding other track elements to navigate.

tonaz
29-05-2015, 00:20
just 2 test laps for new tracks. then lot of training without it

o Mike V o
29-05-2015, 00:43
I don't know most of the tracks so yes I use it all the time, it is easier to learn a rhythm with it.

aaronramosjp
29-05-2015, 01:59
Its a shame for a sim racer game not have a option for the host to deactivate the guide line for multiplayer...

CustomInternals
29-05-2015, 02:15
Never use it. If I need to learn a track I go into Practice Mode. I tried the racing line on a few other titles years ago to see if it would help me learn tracks I didn't know. All it did was make it harder to drive once turned off. Especially if the games racing line is not the optimum line, which in most games it's not. I've even found that different cars and tunes will change your optimum line. Just my .02

falcon2081
29-05-2015, 07:22
I think we should also add the option to only use default car setups. After all people with custom setups have an advantage. We should limit them as well why stop with the driving line?

I sometimes use the line. It does not provide a advantage whatsoever. Certain weather conditions I can agree. But even that's questionable as I'm sure I can just set my graphic settings to low and have an advantage over people using higher settings. Should it be added to the game? Honestly, I would not mind one bit. It's not going to stop me from posting record times. I could also just leave the lobby and find another. The line for me is just another tool to use against opponents. It tells me where they brake and what kind of line they are using. Shows me what kind of setup they might be using with the car etc.

People get so bent out of shape over something so trivial. In the end fast drivers will be fast with or without it. There's a fine line on what you can and cannot restrict. You don't want to restrict too much and take the enjoyment away from the player no matter what he uses. Its like the weather for example. In public lobbies almost no one stays when it rains. People just quit out because they don't find it fun. I think if you want serious racing then you should no doubt join a league.

gp20
29-05-2015, 07:25
I didn't use it first.
Now i'm using it but i think i will return to no line. It's not that great for learning a track though it's good for telling you corner's speed.

mcarver2000
29-05-2015, 12:52
I voted Never, but that is a slight fib. On the very rare occasion, if I am really struggling at a track, I may turn it on to see if I am missing something, but it usually doesn't help me at all. So I really voted "almost" Never.

Niveous21
29-05-2015, 14:19
The track assist line is an awful crutch. Free yourself. It just gets in the way and prevents you from getting a real feel for the track. It is my honest belief that even the noobiest noob is better off without it.

Kingleo
29-05-2015, 16:29
OpitacalHercules said it best... It's more about the people that use it try to stick to it regardless of TRAFFIC and IMO tend to cause the most crashes. They need to start looking at their mirrors...

LextersQuest
29-05-2015, 17:10
Since i started playing Project cars i havnt put it on.
Before i did use it in Forza but now there this game tries to be as close to real as possible on a console i dont.
More fun like this. Learning the tracks i dont know lap after lap.