PDA

View Full Version : green light for wheel purchase

sirsilver1968
28-05-2015, 18:59
This is for all you t300 users, I need some feedback (no pun intended) is this a worthy wheel, thank you ;)

Spitfire77
28-05-2015, 19:05
This is for all you t300 users, I need some feedback (no pun intended) is this a worthy wheel, thank you ;)

Yes - I am loving mine.. I got it 1 week before pCARS released and I played GT6 that week- it is leaps and bounds better than my DFGT. Then when I got project cars and put in jack spades settings it was even better. Very happy!

There are some things you might need to do.. like re center the wheel - it is easy and in the document below.

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00158.pdf

Also it took something like 20 hours of play time, maybe 10 hours, for the wheel to be really smooth. Seems it needs to wear in a little

McKiernan
28-05-2015, 19:19
Yes. Get it, you'll love it.

sirsilver1968
28-05-2015, 19:20
Awesome, thanks for the info ;) I also used to have a dfgt which I loved so I can't wait to try the t300

Crickey these things are in very short supply :frown-new:

muscular
28-05-2015, 19:22
The T300 has got awesome FFB, and a range of other rims to replace such as the leather GT 28.

However, the pedals are a bit disappointing at that price, and Project Car has the annoying auto-centering issue with the wheel.

dwalldorf
28-05-2015, 19:48
Great wheel and well worth the price! Got the GTE version (which is the same with another layout) and it's awesome! Huge advantage for precise driving, great FFB if configured correctly. Pedals are not of the best quality but they do their job. Will be replaced by T3PA but mostly because I want the clutch :)

PureMalt77
28-05-2015, 21:04
Love mine... full gear in my signature!

Luke Townsend
28-05-2015, 21:09
Yes and another yes! Totally worth it. Like you I used a DFGT till a couple of weeks ago. T300 is so much smoother. I went for T300RS as I liked the button arrangement slighty better than the GTE version (although I miss the number of buttons the DFGT has). Pedals are much nicer than the DFGT pedals too. Only problem I had was the T300 pedals slide on carpet (DFGT ones didn't for me). So I then bought a Wheel Stand Pro and they work really well together.

Short supply, yes! I bought my T300 through Amazon UK and at the time it said 1-4 weeks delivery, but it came within a week so their estimated delivery times could be over-cautious. So you could use them - Amazon only charge when they ship so if you order there then find it somewhere else you can cancel the Amazon order.

Dreco
28-05-2015, 21:37
Terrible pedals.

New Logitech wheels coming soon. Price will drop.

Rubrbrnr
28-05-2015, 21:49
Yes - love mine. No regrets.

Bought the T3PA Pro pedals and the TH8A shifter. That's a crazy amount of money, I know. But driving the BMW M1 at Spa the other day and rowing through the gears with the clutch I was nearly in tears, I was so happy. The realism is epic. Teaching myself to heel-toe and having a blast.... Can't wait to get home to play some more.

Gloomy
28-05-2015, 23:25
I was looking to replace my g27 for something compatible with this game on the ps4. I went with the fanatec gt3, elite pedals and bought their wheel stand. I wish I went with the t300rs so I'd have a wheel that I can use at the moment, I'm getting by with the ds4 controller buts it's just not the same as a wheel. I hope I can eventually be praising the fanatec wheel like you guys are with the t300rs.

seamastergmt
29-05-2015, 03:00
I am really enjoying mine. Especially love how quiet the wheel is compared to my DFGT. I really only play after the kids go to bed. My 3 year old sleeps in the room next to my office/game room. The DFGT always calibrated twice, once on PS3 startup and then again when GT6 booted up. I was always a little worried the boy would wake up as it is loud when it calibrates. The T300 is so much more quiet. The FFB is better and stronger and smoother.

Outspan33
29-05-2015, 06:19
Its a good wheel, but MASSIVELY over priced. I used to have the Logitech Driving Force which cost 90 and was the equal of this wheel.

That said, I'm still glad I bought it, Project Cars is a whole different beast with a wheel.

BistoKid
29-05-2015, 09:14
Many years ago I too had a DFGT (in the loft now) and was really impressed. I now have the T300RS and man you see a massive difference in FFB strength and it does feel so much smoother. The paddle shifts are excellent too but that said this will set you back significantly more money!

Both the DFGT and the T300 have fairly poor pedals which is the ONLY downside to the T300 I in my opinion. You can of course upgrade to TP3A/T3PA Pro which will improve things significantly but then you are adding a further cost.

I am extremely happy with the wheel set and would recommend it to anyone with the budget. All you need next is a decent seat/stand to get the best out of it... yet more money!!

PureMalt77
29-05-2015, 10:07
Its a good wheel, but MASSIVELY over priced. I used to have the Logitech Driving Force which cost 90 and was the equal of this wheel.

That said, I'm still glad I bought it, Project Cars is a whole different beast with a wheel.

I agree that it's overpriced. Especially because they "force" you to get the 2 pedals and pay extra for the 3 pedal upgrade. Why not sell a "version" of the T300 with 3 pedals? Anyway...

But I disagree that it is "equal". IMO the T300 is ages ahead any Logitech I had before, better FFB, much more silent (belt VS gears), you can upgrade the firmware.

BTW: in this other thread you can see how i fitted the whole in my Playseat Challenge: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27846-Playseat-Challenge-and-Thrustmaster-T300RS-Question&p=952518#post952518
Technical features aside, the external build quality is the same China-plastic on both. I think here Fanatec beats all, using better finishing and more metal, but I went for the safe-harbor 100% PS4 compatibility.

Marrrfooo
29-05-2015, 10:17
I would totally recommend the T300RS - it's brilliant. In terms of stock availability I suggest you trawl Amazon.co.uk and Box.co.uk very closely as they tend to come into stock around the same time (and people tend to lean towards Amazon but Box had stock for me when Amazon didn't).

Also the defaul pedals are fine - but because they're not metal people have a bit of a hangup about it - which I think is understandable given the money you are required to spend. That said, the T3PA Pro metal pedals are coming in the next two weeks (which the coil and even better rubber conical brake mods) that not only give you all metal pedals, a clutch and the option to plant the pedals F1-style (like the defaults) or hang them GT-style, but you actually get some proper configurable mechanical resistance in the brake pedal. It's a lot of money (150) but the biggest problem I have at the moment is the consistency of finding the precise best brake point in the travel on the pedals. Of coure practice makes it better, but having physical resistance towards extreme travel would help with this rather than entirely relying on muscle memory.

A totally brilliant investment though. And the other wheel rims and pedals and shifter that are all cross comaptible make it really hard to beat.

sirsilver1968
29-05-2015, 12:10
Thanks for the response guys i think its safe to say the t300 is going to be the one for me judging by your posts :)

jimmyb_84
29-05-2015, 12:13
I had a Fanatec CSR it was high quality! now cheap plastic in sight. Not used it on PCARS but it was too quality and the elite is even better.

I will be buying another at some point!

Diablo944
29-05-2015, 13:29
I have the t300 and the shifter (couldnt afford the pedals this month and figured shifter is often out of stock more than pedals so i bought that first). As long as you calibrate the wheel correctly (on ps4 at least, make sure you read what it says when you calibrate the wheel), then its awesome. My old logitech was rough and graunchy compared to this. The only thing i didnt like in the wheel and shifter (apart from the pedals which are adequate but not stellar) is the gear knob on the th8a. Very light, but worse was that the metal top half and the plastic (rubberised) bottom half do not meet flush, there was a sharp ridge where the plastic stood proud of the metal that became more irritating the longer the session. I spent half an hour sanding it flush so it felt right, then realised i had an old gearknob from an old mr2 i used to own, so swapped it out and am much impressed by the shifter now.

Luke Townsend
29-05-2015, 15:32
I spent half an hour sanding it flush so it felt right, then realised i had an old gearknob from an old mr2 i used to own, so swapped it out and am much impressed by the shifter now.

Interesting! Does the TH8A take a standard screw-fit gear knob then, or did you have to hack your MR2 one to get it to fit? Cheers.

LordDRIFT
29-05-2015, 16:38
Yes.

wyldanimal
29-05-2015, 16:59
You Might just want to wait on the Wheel Purchase, till after E3..

Have a look at this thread..
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27036-Logitech-G29&p=953567&viewfull=1#post953567

If this New price Leak is accurate
$199 for the G29 Looks very promising.

Edit:
I own the T300RS. It's a good Wheel.. The Stock Pedals are CRAP... the Package is Over Priced in My Opinion.
I found an Adaptor from ricmotech that allowed me to use my G27 pedals.. on the T300
That is the Best setup. Good wheel and Awesome pedals, especially with the Load cell brake kit.
That alone makes a world of difference. the Load cell is the single best improvemtn to the Sim experience.

I also purchased the TH8A shifter. It uses a M9 x 1.25 Thread that doesn't fit most Knobs, so Automotive shift knobs, M10 x 1.5 don't fit.

If I didn't already have the T300. I'd wait to see how the G29 unfolds..
I've Owned 3 DFGT wheels, and 3 G27's ( have 3 PS3's set up, so each one has it's own Wheel. )
PS3's are set up in a 3 Screen GT6 configuration, but I also can set them up as separate rigs.
Never had a problem in all the years with any of the Logitechs..

Diablo944
29-05-2015, 19:36
The mr2 item was a third party gear knob.slips on and secures to the shaft using three hex grubscrews that push onto a nylon core. Shaft top is threaded, but looks thinner than usual car stuff i have seen in the past.

Edit. Sorry, i hadnt seen the post explaining thread sizes when i posted the answer

Luke Townsend
29-05-2015, 21:13
The mr2 item was a third party gear knob.slips on and secures to the shaft using three hex grubscrews that push onto a nylon core. Shaft top is threaded, but looks thinner than usual car stuff i have seen in the past.

Edit. Sorry, i hadnt seen the post explaining thread sizes when i posted the answer

Excellent, thank you! Very good to know. Grubscrews explain how it fits - not changed a gear knob before and wasn't sure if they are all standard screw-fitting or not.

sirsilver1968
29-05-2015, 23:57
Hmm the g29 has potentially thrown a spanner into the works especially if it's the rumoured price of what has been going around, If the g29 is announced at e3 at that price then it's a no brained really.

Luke Townsend
30-05-2015, 12:05
If you're in the UK then $199 is likely to translate to 200. Still, would be great value. I just can't see them doing that though - that price still seems way low compared to what is around currently. They could price the G29 at 250 and still sell incredibly well (I have a T300RS but if G29 had been around and was sold with good pedals then I would probably gone for the G29 for the better pedals alone).

Diablo944
30-05-2015, 14:10
Excellent, thank you! Very good to know. Grubscrews explain how it fits - not changed a gear knob before and wasn't sure if they are all standard screw-fitting or not.

Look for the ones that come with sleeves to adapt the knob fitment if you are unsure.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR4.TRC1.A0.H0.Xuniversal+gear+knob.TRS0&_nkw=universal+gear+knob&_sacat=0

Luke Townsend
30-05-2015, 14:39
Look for the ones that come with sleeves to adapt the knob fitment if you are unsure.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR4.TRC1.A0.H0.Xuniversal+gear+knob.TRS0&_nkw=universal+gear+knob&_sacat=0

Thanks for the link! Quite a selection.

OMG, who the hell thought this one (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301521530884) would be a good idea?! :culpability::rolleyes:;)

sirsilver1968
19-06-2015, 11:29
I ordered the g29 this morning from logitechs uk site and got a 10 % discount code from hot uk deals plus im getting the logitech livery pack for project cars:cool: ill get the shifter later this year