PDA

View Full Version : Controller Setup Help?

rocket71
28-05-2015, 20:47
I figure it is just me and will get flamed but even after the patch I find the game still very difficult to control. I can't make a lap without going off track. If I slow to the point that I don't go off track my times are so bad...so bad.

I tend to be a "flick" the stick person versus a smooth turn when using the controller. I just can't be smooth with my inputs on the controller. I really want to like and play this game but at this point I don't want to waste any more time with it trying to methodically adjust every setting. I know this is ridiculous to say but I truly wish there was a setting to simulate Forza or GT3 controls.

Anyone got anyway to attempt to get it so I can truly enjoy this game? Thanks!

Outlier
28-05-2015, 20:51
can you turn assists on? and did you reduce the sensitivity of your controller? What car are you having trouble with. I've been racing mostly GT3 cars and find them pretty good.

rocket71
28-05-2015, 21:00
can you turn assists on? and did you reduce the sensitivity of your controller? What car are you having trouble with. I've been racing mostly GT3 cars and find them pretty good.

Only assist that I have on is ABS. I will try turning the steering sensitivity down. It is currently at 50.

I have only ran the Renault Clio @ Donington. I figured why try something faster if I can't drive the slow ones. :)

malcster
28-05-2015, 21:33
Only assist that I have on is ABS. I will try turning the steering sensitivity down. It is currently at 50.

I have only ran the Renault Clio @ Donington. I figured why try something faster if I can't drive the slow ones. :)

Try a rear wheel drive car you might be experiencing fwd issues as per real life

rocket71
28-05-2015, 21:49
Try a rear wheel drive car you might be experiencing fwd issues as per real life

Yeah, I am familiar with lift off oversteer in FWD cars. I just don't understand the difference between this game and other "simulators". Why so hard to control? Warm tires are better but when warm I still struggle with oversteer situations and countersteer seems to just cause it to go haywire.

I know this is a ME issue given so many people seem to be having fun and are fast. I would buy a wheel but am not sure that is a real fix.

klkh55
29-05-2015, 11:28
Rocket, I have the same issue. Been waiting since Day 1 for this patch, and although it helps, its not what I expected. I was going to say everything you did. haha. I play the same way, and I am also wondering if there is a way to make this experience closer to Forza. Maybe its better with a wheel, but I don't have 400 to drop on a decent one. And the X1 version ($89.99) is a joke. (small ass 8" wheel, only 2 pedals that are extremely close together. No force FB, ect) And to me, since I am the clickity-clack steerer as well, it feel as I am trying to minor adjust my steering it feels like it snapping back in between "steers". Like the AI/Driver knows I'm not tuning at all, even for a split-second, he/she needs to fix it for me. I know cars straighten out when you let go of the wheel, but not back to "o" at the 10 n 2. lol. I guess I am looking for the same set-up as you. I have tried a few setups since the patch and I feel I am wasting more time trying to make these cars work, then racing. And I have a good understanding of the tuning garage. Just cant seem to get comfortable with this game. Bugs me a lot too. I love racing games. Should release a new Ace Combat instead. And not like the pile of crap they made last time. haha.