PDA

View Full Version : No pad rumble still after 1.3 patch.

andybell
28-05-2015, 21:02
I got the update today and installed it, hard reset the console, game size is 18.7gb

Question is my pad is still not vibrating for anything, is there a setting to turn it on/off?

Thanks, Andy.

vglnte102
28-05-2015, 21:10
Mine about flew out of my hands it rumbled so much. All my settings changed. Check your force feedback amount.

the stig.
28-05-2015, 21:16
Works here. Pad and trigger rumble

ABR Getif
28-05-2015, 21:17
I got the update today and installed it, hard reset the console, game size is 18.7gb

Question is my pad is still not vibrating for anything, is there a setting to turn it on/off?

Thanks, Andy.

U from oasis mate?

Umer Ahmad
28-05-2015, 21:40
No, he's Ian's brother

andybell
28-05-2015, 21:52
Andy Bell - Nitro Circus...........

Still no rumble/vibration, pads are up to date, charged etc.

andybell
28-05-2015, 22:34
Ah, force feedback seems to have sorted it!

Cheers Bro, I'll dedicate a backflip to ya!

TMoney
28-05-2015, 22:36
Andy Bell - Nitro Circus...........

Still no rumble/vibration, pads are up to date, charged etc.

You are THE Andy Bell?! Love Nitro Circus!

andybell
28-05-2015, 22:51
Nah, just happen to share the same name. Love it myself though. Slip and slide looks awesome!

TMoney
28-05-2015, 22:55
Nah, just happen to share the same name. Love it myself though. Slip and slide looks awesome!

Oh OK, pretty cool though! You never know the people you come across within these forums though, many high profile people. :)

So how are you planning on dedicating a backflip to him? On Xbox? Haha

PeoplesChampion
28-05-2015, 22:57
Oh OK, pretty cool though! You never know the people you come across within these forums though, many high profile people. :)

Yepp.. You never know.

TMoney
28-05-2015, 23:00
Especially at WMD. Lot of famous/well known people on there and pro race drivers. I mean how often would you have the chance to talk directly with Nic Hamilton or THE Stig.

Hell even the developers. To me all the guys at SMS are celebs. :)

AdM1
28-05-2015, 23:06
Not having any luck with mine. It works but only once locked up so no actual use in giving an indication to what grip level is there.

I advise the devs to play Forza Motorsport 5 and tell me the trigger feedback in that wouldn't make project cars an even more awesome game than it already is. I enjoy this game more than Forza so far but I am really missing this feature.

TMoney
29-05-2015, 03:17
Not having any luck with mine. It works but only once locked up so no actual use in giving an indication to what grip level is there.

:confused: Do you realize what you just said? That's exactly how it should be. It's supposed to simulate ABS activation from lockups.

- Have you driven a real car and felt the brake pedal during an ABS stop? It kicks back at you and rumbles.
- Have you felt a brake pedal under normal braking? It's smooth.

AdM1
29-05-2015, 03:52
:confused: Do you realize what you just said? That's exactly how it should be. It's supposed to simulate ABS activation from lockups.

- Have you driven a real car and felt the brake pedal during an ABS stop? It kicks back at you and rumbles.
- Have you felt a brake pedal under normal braking? It's smooth.

No that's not how it should be imo. Go play FM5 and then come back and tell me the trigger feedback from that wont be a great benefit for this game.

As you lose grip in Forza the trigger progressively rumbles more intense until you lose grip at which point the controller rumbles if memory serves me right. So on the verge of grip you get a rumble and then when you lose grip more rumble + controller rumble.

Yes a real car doesn't do this (pedals vibrate), but then when in a real car you tend to have a real feel for when traction is going to be lost. In a game.. Not so much. Hence where the trigger feedback came in, just an opinion obviously. I blame FM5 for getting me accustomed to it but without now it's just so much harder to judge what traction there is. Obviously I'm managing and putting plenty of good lap times in and coming in podium online but I just feel it would be a great game made even better with more feedback through the triggers.

Sadly I think I'm wasting my breath though because I don't see it happening if majority aren't even bothered about it.

TECM8
29-05-2015, 06:28
Mine was rumbling at the start of a race just now but then stopped doing so no mater what I did (even clipped some corners and hard breaking to lock it up to see if would rumble)

My notification did pop up to say my controller was getting flat so I suspect in my case it disabled the rumble to save battery due to being low, not sure though.

andybell
29-05-2015, 07:29
So how are you planning on dedicating a backflip to him? On Xbox? Haha

Trials fusion!! This is how and where I will dedicate the back flip!

OrenIshii BE
29-05-2015, 08:12

Be carefull and stick the landing mate, don't want you to land on your head and break your neck :p
Trials: awesome game!!

TMoney
29-05-2015, 23:48

That's a very kind gesture of you. At least some people here appreciate help. ;)

Tekkart
30-05-2015, 00:08
Yeah like the forcefeedback in forza you can feel the car in your hand... Right rear off track you feel it in the right rear pad.. Wheelspinn, regardless of whether FWD,AWD or RWD its in the right trigger and a little bit in the rear of the pad! At braking the complete pad is shaking and after you loose traction the left trigger is working. As I said, you can feel the car in your hand!This is the only thing I am missing. But P'cars is still better for me than the car showroom forza.... In a real car you feel it with your "popometer" German for you feel it with your ass.

Perkele
31-05-2015, 13:59
No that's not how it should be imo. Go play FM5 and then come back and tell me the trigger feedback from that wont be a great benefit for this game.

As you lose grip in Forza the trigger progressively rumbles more intense until you lose grip at which point the controller rumbles if memory serves me right. So on the verge of grip you get a rumble and then when you lose grip more rumble + controller rumble.

Yes a real car doesn't do this (pedals vibrate), but then when in a real car you tend to have a real feel for when traction is going to be lost. In a game.. Not so much. Hence where the trigger feedback came in, just an opinion obviously. I blame FM5 for getting me accustomed to it but without now it's just so much harder to judge what traction there is. Obviously I'm managing and putting plenty of good lap times in and coming in podium online but I just feel it would be a great game made even better with more feedback through the triggers.

Sadly I think I'm wasting my breath though because I don't see it happening if majority aren't even bothered about it.

This post got it right. IMHO trigger feedback in Pcars is completely useless, there is no help from knowing that my "pedal" vibrates. Instead it should tell what my tires are going trough, that info I could use. In forza you know exactly if you have grip or not, in Pcars there is no way telling if you have grip (specially when accelerating) until It's too late.. Have they patented kind of trigger impulse that helps or is it just that developers think this is way to go.