PDA

View Full Version : Post patch game freeze?

DeitzD
28-05-2015, 21:56
Got home from work and got the update, but game freezes right after when you have to choose user(xbox user not like season or free play screen)... I tried re-starting xbox, and hard reset also tried other games to see if it was a system problem... and just now uninstalled the game and am trying a re-install. Hope this didnt happen to anyone else. Also hope this didnt delete my career progress.. that would stink.. but I bet it did.

DeitzD
28-05-2015, 23:17
Well, an hour later and now installed.. still same screen freeze.. I probably should have posted this to the tech support.. but is there a way to just re-install the patch?

nachocrusher
29-05-2015, 00:20
Game freeze for me to , never happened before patch .
Somebody help!!

DeitzD
29-05-2015, 12:12
Ok, Update.. It's not a freeze per say. I can still use controller to get back to main xbox menues and such. But the game will not progress past the start screen(the screen that you press start to get to main menu, right after you choose who is using the game). I just need to know if anyone else is having this issue or do I need to call microsoft? Or does anyone know how to delete a patch so I can try to reload the update?

Siberian Tiger
29-05-2015, 12:14
You can try this:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/system/clear-system-cache

DeitzD
29-05-2015, 13:00
Thanks ST, I knew something like that was available on the 360, but not sure about the XBOX1.

DeitzD
30-05-2015, 00:34
Ok.. Well I spent almost 1.5 hours chatting with Xbox Live and have cleared my cache, hard reset, uninstalled, reinstalled, re-uploaded patch, AND.... .. .. still stuck on same screen.. I have now emailed Bandai games on the advice of XboxLive. .. I waited 2 years for this game to come out, I can wait more, just don't want to.

BellCurve
30-05-2015, 02:39
My game freezes every time I try to play online. :(

turbohondaej1
30-05-2015, 02:58
My game freezes every time I try to play online. :(

I'm having trouble too since the patch it's like it's almost unplayable now.

wraithsrike
30-05-2015, 07:38
Same here guys had it freeze now 3 times each in a different sp scenario.

18.7 cache cleared hard re set done.

LextersQuest
30-05-2015, 07:47
My freezing always happens in a race. Screen freeze up for few sec (somtimes 1or 2 but had one of aat least 5sec) meanwhile i hear race going on wheel jerking all over. Then releases me but then im in the wall or off track.
Tried all the tips i could find on forum but still does it;(

jsydave
30-05-2015, 08:01
My freezing always happens in a race. Screen freeze up for few sec (somtimes 1or 2 but had one of aat least 5sec) meanwhile i hear race going on wheel jerking all over. Then releases me but then im in the wall or off track.

I had this the first time last night after installing the patch.

robnroll88
30-05-2015, 08:14
+1 same here, every time tried to get online game froze, and made a noise like a darlick trying to have a shit, gave up trying after an hour, its beyond disappointing now

GRTfast
30-05-2015, 11:00
Freezes when I attempt to join a multiplayer race. I got in one race out of 6 tries. Crashed to dashboard the other 5 times. Cache cleared, game reinstalled, no difference. I'll just keep playing single player until they fix it.

RUSH3RCR
30-05-2015, 11:50
After seeing the patch was released I came back to the game. Just trying to do the DTM Community event and figure out the controller/car settings to get faster by going back and forth to my garage or controller options and game is freezing almost everytime I exit the event. Not bashing the game, just pointing out issues. Not going to clear cache for all my games because of this.

Miesjh
30-05-2015, 11:57
I also have these issues after installing the patch. :frown-new:

LextersQuest
30-05-2015, 13:39
Tip for those who still having problems with freezing in race.

I connected my xbox one wired with my modem now. before i always used wireless connection.
And just was able to play around 3hours without any freeze. Before i would have it almost every race after the patch.

No idea why now i dont have it and ok its only been 3hours but who knows mayby someone also is able to play with this tip until next patch coms out.

PeoplesChampion
30-05-2015, 14:02
Lately, I cannot finish an online race without it freezing and not letting me ever get back into the race. I always end up having to completely restart and it kicks everyone that was in my lobby, out. Very frustrating, lately. This has got to be fixed, as I looooove kicking ass on multiplayer.

PeoplesChampion
30-05-2015, 14:05

I connected my xbox one wired with my modem now. before i always used wireless connection.
And just was able to play around 3hours without any freeze. Before i would have it almost every race after the patch.

No idea why now i dont have it and ok its only been 3hours but who knows mayby someone also is able to play with this tip until next patch coms out.

I have 100meg, hard wired to the console and it happens to me every single race. :( My pings are solid, too.

LextersQuest
30-05-2015, 15:45
I have 100meg, hard wired to the console and it happens to me every single race. :( My pings are solid, too.

Just done an other stint and no freeze up.

I only put the tip on here because like you before i was freezinup every race i tried. And for some strange reason now i doesnt.
No idea why, mayby just luck. Mayby the dev have some inside in this.

Haiden
30-05-2015, 16:40

I'm experiencing this issue, as well. It's happened to me twice now in two days while racing on Spa. Never experienced this before the patch.

Haiden
30-05-2015, 16:44

Nope. Mine is hardwired--high speed connection--always has been. I've been playing since day one and never experienced this. Since the patch, it's happened twice in two days.

LextersQuest
30-05-2015, 17:59
Nope. Mine is hardwired--high speed connection--always has been. I've been playing since day one and never experienced this. Since the patch, it's happened twice in two days.

Seems that this game is radomly testing our frustration levels.:dejection:

gookiecrunch
30-05-2015, 19:55
Another crasher here. Random times doesn't matter where in the game. Blah blah hope it's in the next patch. Love the game when it's working though!! gonna be amazing when this stuff gets ironed out!

DeitzD
30-05-2015, 23:34
Hey-- at least you guys get to play.. I'm stuck looking the opening screen.

Kulch
30-05-2015, 23:53
Mines wired and crashes searching for lobbies for 2 days now

Miesjh
31-05-2015, 11:47

Thanks for the reply but most of the issues are related to the game itself. Answers like clear cache, check your connection etc can fix some things, but with other games It all works fine.