PDA

View Full Version : GT5 in the rain

z3r0cool77
28-05-2015, 22:16
I understand it seems to be a known issue that AI are too fast in the rain but it seems to be more than that. After suffering through Donington GT5 sprint in the rain my issues were not only AI speed but my own tire temps. I was on wet tire and pushing to the point that I was barely keeping the car on the track. Understeer, oversteer, just in general sliding all over the road. By the end of the first lap 3 of my 4 tires would be dead cold and in the blue. They would just continue getting colder making the car more and more impossible to drive. I tried increasing tire temps .05 bar at a time till they were just way over pressure and it did no good so then I tried decreasing pressure which helped a little. I was able to get as far as the end of the first lap with only 1 tire blue but all 4 were still blue by the end of lap 2. I'm quite literally pushing the car to the edge of grip limits trying to keep heat in the tires (even turning off tcs and abs and intentionally trying to spin the tires) and nothing will keep them up to temp.

Once they are all blue in the rain theres just no hope. At 30mph the car slides off at every corner. I only ended up getting past the event by decreasing pressure to hold on to heat as long as possible, turn ai all the way down to 40% and just doing my best to hold my position till the end of lap 2 at which point I could simulate the rest of the session. Then watching my car go hero mode and slaughtering the competition.

It's a real shame because I really enjoy the visuals and strategy of taking on a wet track but with AI unconcerned with conditions and the impossibility of keeping the tires warm its just too near impossible to get enjoyment out of it.

I've driven some other cars in the rain like the cleo and the 98 lotus and it was difficult but no where near the issues I'm having with these GT5 tires. Long story short, while you're looking into AI rain performance please take a look at the GT5 rain tire coding and consider some tweaks and if anyone else experiences similar issues please share so that it might get a little more attention from devs.

(just to add, I normally only run at 70% ai but have no troubles at that level stomping ai in every event. I just like a perfect season :) )

z3r0cool77
28-05-2015, 23:16
Update: For second race in the series I started in 19th place (only ran 1 lap during qual putting me on pole for first race and last for the second.) The race started in the rain again this time but it was only listed as "light rain" instead of heavy this time. I figured here we go again so I left the ai turned down especially since I was starting in 19th. The rain let up by around lap 6 and the track was drying by lap 7 (18 lap race). By lap 6 I was in first place with a 15 second lead having passed the entire field. I hit the pits once the track was dry and switched over to slicks and finished the race with a 1 minute gap to second place.

The wet's are perfectly manageable in light rain and I could have easily left ai at 70% and still won. Only my right front ever got into the blue and wasn't that much of an impairment. It only seems to become a real issue in heavy rain. In heavy rain the tires just can't even seem to hold above ambient temperature. Will it be possible for Ai to have the same struggles in those conditions? It would make for some pretty slow racing but at least races will be competitive.

z3r0cool77
29-05-2015, 15:25
Anyone? GT5 in heavy rain experiences?

dpallai
22-10-2015, 21:11
Spa Francorchamps ai at 447%. Can't go in a straight line without spinning. Mclaren GT3.

TopAirspace
24-10-2015, 03:53
Spa Francorchamps ai at 447%. Can't go in a straight line without spinning. Mclaren GT3.

You must have slick tyres fitted?

dpallai
29-10-2015, 16:08
You must have slick tyres fitted?

I switch to wets just in time for when it starts raining. And I still continue to spin as if I'm still on slicks. Sorry for the late reply lol.