PDA

View Full Version : Manual with clutch issue

Resd76
28-05-2015, 23:12
Hey guys,
So I like to get as real as it gets with manual shifting so I set the game to manual shifting with clutch. The issue I'm having is that when I click the up shift button without the clutch when under that setting, it automatically shifts for me and doesn't require the clutch. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but it ruins the whole shifting experience.

Thanks,

Max

badkarma
28-05-2015, 23:25
Many gearboxes do not require a clutch to upshift or even downshift in real life. NOTE that it has to be done correctly (rev matching etc) so I take no responsibility if you blow your transmission in real life LOL

cerbrus2
29-05-2015, 00:36
Depends on the car you are using, most performance cars have paddle shifters now and the clutch, if they have one is only used for pulling away. After that the ECU in charge of shifting will match the engine speed on up and downshifts for you in the split second of hitting one of the paddles.

Resd76
29-05-2015, 21:01
Makes sense. Thanks guys! Really appreciate it!

3800racingfool
29-05-2015, 21:32
If you really want to make sure the clutch is needed just try shifting without taking your foot off the gas. You'll get a wonderful gear grinding noise. :p

Like badkarma said though, if you rev match (which is actually easier to do than you think), you can slip from one gear to the next without a clutch. Just don't try it from a standstill.

FlyGasm
30-05-2015, 02:26
Also make sure you don't have the Automatic Clutch set to "Yes" in your control settings.

Solly
30-05-2015, 18:49
I too have everything set to Manual with clutch and cannot get it to work either