PDA

View Full Version : TX wheel unusable after 1.3 update

jschenard
29-05-2015, 00:44
Good day everyone

I have installed the patch and now the TX wheel is unusable. Before telling me to do basic troubleshooting i will tell you what i did first

1. Restarted the xbox : same issue
2. Reinstall the game : same issue
3. Calibrate the wheel : same issue

here is the issue

The wheel is now offset at 45 degrees left and right and i need to turn at 45 before i am able to turn turn the tyres.

I made a video to show you ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIJO8983jGA

Scav3nger
29-05-2015, 01:06
Ah yes, glad to see I wasn't the only one. I had steering deadzone set to 15 after the patch for some reason which caused a similar problem. When I set it back to 0 and appeared to fix it for me.

nissan4ever
29-05-2015, 01:34
Good day everyone

I have installed the patch and now the TX wheel is unusable. Before telling me to do basic troubleshooting i will tell you what i did first

1. Restarted the xbox : same issue
2. Reinstall the game : same issue
3. Calibrate the wheel : same issue

here is the issue

The wheel is now offset at 45 degrees left and right and i need to turn at 45 before i am able to turn turn the tyres.

I made a video to show you ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIJO8983jGA

For some reason, Patch 1.3 reset the wheels saved deadzones. I experienced the same thing. Make sure you go back & set them back to this. I did & my wheel was back to normal.

nissan4ever
29-05-2015, 01:35
Can the OP edit the title to this thread "solved"? Just a reset deadzones issue.

jschenard
29-05-2015, 11:51
Dead zone is set to 0. The wheel is hars like a rock when stationary for cery vehicle and it is not right.

Raven403
29-05-2015, 12:21
Dead zone is set to 0. The wheel is hars like a rock when stationary for cery vehicle and it is not right.

Reset all your settings, recalibrate. Set deadzone to 0. the wheel will be somewhat stiffer at standstill but as soon as you begin to move its fine. Remove all those Jack Spade settings and reset everything and start from scratch

nissan4ever
29-05-2015, 13:14
Why would you have you car sitting stationary anyway? I don't have that problem because I'm never stationary. Not trying to be rude either. Probably sounds harsh but that's not the intent. Just being blunt I guess.

Robhd
29-05-2015, 16:23
Since trying to calibrate wheel after xbox patch my tx wheel rim now sits a degree or so off centre to the left, i have tried calibrating and plugging into PC but the rim still sits off centre... Any idea how to fix this?

nissan4ever
29-05-2015, 16:42
Since trying to calibrate wheel after xbox patch my tx wheel rim now sits a degree or so off centre to the left, i have tried calibrating and plugging into PC but the rim still sits off centre... Any idea how to fix this?

This

jschenard
29-05-2015, 22:25
Why would you have you car sitting stationary anyway? I don't have that problem because I'm never stationary. Not trying to be rude either. Probably sounds harsh but that's not the intent. Just being blunt I guess.

Yes you are. There are tons of reason to be idle. Being suddenly off track and need to do a reverse. You need to put the wheel at the full extent in order to do a quick maoeuver. Now it is impossible to do that. And there is no cars that are hard to turn like that when stationary

Bobbydakid
30-05-2015, 11:39
Yes you are. There are tons of reason to be idle. Being suddenly off track and need to do a reverse. You need to put the wheel at the full extent in order to do a quick maoeuver. Now it is impossible to do that. And there is no cars that are hard to turn like that when stationary

Guess you have never driven a car without power steering? Honestly it's not that big a deal, if you need to do a quick turn just rev up the car in neutral and then put it in gear to 'snap turn' the car. F1 divers do this.

nissan4ever
30-05-2015, 12:12
Guess you have never driven a car without power steering? Honestly it's not that big a deal, if you need to do a quick turn just rev up the car in neutral and then put it in gear to 'snap turn' the car. F1 divers do this.

Very true. My dad's 87 Nissan Hard Body truck doesn't have power steering. You need to be moving to turn the wheels or be prepared to put some serious muscle to turn the wheels when sitting still. LOL. That's why this on the game doesn't bother me.

Example, back in the day in high school. Just got done with weight lifting in summer for football (American). My arms were so sore. I was going to leave the parking lot & went to turn the wheels sitting still. Talking about something that hurt, big time. Ha ha ha. Some people just don't know I recon.

RoccoTTS
30-05-2015, 12:28
I used to have a Toyota MR2, it didn't have power steering, it did have a very small momo steering wheel and very wide tires. I couldn't turn the wheel when stationary.
First you have to accelerate a bit and than turn the wheel. That's how my dad learned me to drive back in the 80's.

Bobbydakid
30-05-2015, 13:05
Very true. My dad's 87 Nissan Hard Body truck doesn't have power steering. You need to be moving to turn the wheels or be prepared to put some serious muscle to turn the wheels when sitting still. LOL. That's why this on the game doesn't bother me.

Example, back in the day in high school. Just got done with weight lifting in summer for football (American). My arms were so sore. I was going to leave the parking lot & went to turn the wheels sitting still. Talking about something that hurt, big time. Ha ha ha. Some people just don't know I recon.

Haha reminds me of Dad's 1995 Ford Fiesta, doing a 3 point turn was like a gym work out!

Scav3nger
30-05-2015, 16:04
It's not the steering lock that annoys me so much as the way it snaps back to 0 if you happen to have had steering applied when you stopped. If you're on, say, 500 when you stop, as soon as you start moving again it snaps from 500 back to 0 in half a second. Just about broke my thumb the first time it did it because I wasn't expecting it.

BufordTJust1c3
30-05-2015, 16:11
This is a bug.

As soon as you drop below 10mph the steering snaps back to a central position.

Power steering or not this is not meant to happen, hope the devs got the finger on this one.

Mr Dartin
30-05-2015, 17:30
This TX wheel lock when stationary has only appeared since the patch update. It's totally unrealistic and spoils an otherwise excellent game. It needs urgent attention from the devs

Bobbydakid
30-05-2015, 17:50
Would be interesting to know if this is just specific to the Xbox version?

BufordTJust1c3
30-05-2015, 17:54
This TX wheel lock when stationary has only appeared since the patch update. It's totally unrealistic and spoils an otherwise excellent game. It needs urgent attention from the devs

This.

jschenard
31-05-2015, 00:13

thank you very much to bring that point. Some bratz here started to compared me as a moron because i stared the thread with a video. I am glad i am not alone.

Patch 1.3 broke the wheel.

jschenard
31-05-2015, 00:17
This is a bug.

As soon as you drop below 10mph the steering snaps back to a central position.

Power steering or not this is not meant to happen, hope the devs got the finger on this one.

Thank you very much. You just confirmed what happened in the video I did for the thread. Some people here think i am a moron and i should hide in a corner.

If they like broken games thats not my problem. But i begin to be a little tired of all this. The patch did more damage than cure

nissan4ever
31-05-2015, 00:30
thank you very much to bring that point. Some bratz here started to compared me as a moron because i stared the thread with a video. I am glad i am not alone.

Patch 1.3 broke the wheel.

The wheel isn't broke. Other wise you wouldn't be able to race at all. You people throw around the word broke completely wrong.

If anything "TX has a bug after 1.3 patch in regards to car being stationary & the wheel is difficult to move & snaps back to center". That's what you should have posted. Not say wheel is broke.

BufordTJust1c3
31-05-2015, 00:53
The wheel isn't broke. Other wise you wouldn't be able to race at all. You people throw around the word broke completely wrong.

If anything "TX has a bug after 1.3 patch in regards to car being stationary & the wheel is difficult to move & snaps back to center". That's what you should have posted. Not say wheel is broke.
'Broke' is just an expression of frustration im sure. As for 'you people' whats that supposed to mean? Perhaps you should get off your high horse.

Whether people like it or not this game was designed to be played with a wheel. We should not have massive centre tension under 10mph and we should not have to set our deadzone from 15 to 0 after a patch designed to 'fix' the game.

Maybe 'you people' should change your attitude.

jschenard
31-05-2015, 01:24
Here are another bad behaviors of the wheel that are amplified with update 1.3. I am not a troll. I am just posting facts. The game is cool but god please god do something about the numerous bugs ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDOkgsJA8Dk

stux
31-05-2015, 02:09
My biggest concern with this is that when stationary, if you grab the wheel you can 'snap' it from its centre spring to a full lock spring and the wheel will then repeatedly bounce off full lock with a finger breaking force.

The problem is I have children who like to play with daddy's wheel. Pre 1.3 I could leave a car 'parked' in the middle of the track with no fear of littlies hurting themselves if they played with the stationary car.

Now I have to make sure to quit out for their and others safety, because if someone absent mindedly flicks the wheel instead of simply responding like a parked cars wheel, it might enter this mode where it bounces around like a maniacal weapon

nissan4ever
31-05-2015, 02:13
'Broke' is just an expression of frustration im sure. As for 'you people' whats that supposed to mean? Perhaps you should get off your high horse.

Whether people like it or not this game was designed to be played with a wheel. We should not have massive centre tension under 10mph and we should not have to set our deadzone from 15 to 0 after a patch designed to 'fix' the game.

Maybe 'you people' should change your attitude.
The patch reseting the Deadzone for steering was probably an oversight & isn't a big deal, get over it.

"you people" isn't rude & definitely doesn't mean I'm on a high horse. It's an appropriate way to direct something at a particular group of people. You act like I called someone a negative name. The wheel isn't broken/unplayable because of the patch. It has a bug. It's not game breaking. It doesn't make the game unplayable.

I'll gladly race you with my so called broken TX, while taking first, cleanly. .

stux
31-05-2015, 02:16
Here are another bad behaviors of the wheel that are amplified with update 1.3. I am not a troll. I am just posting facts. The game is cool but god please god do something about the numerous bugs ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDOkgsJA8Dk

I think the oscillation on the straight is caused by the Deadzone removal setting.

Try the settings I use, which don't oscillate.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24131-Thrustmaster-TX-Default-FFB-is-Non-Existent-Compared-to-PC-PS4-(Check-Post-1)&p=924423&viewfull=1#post924423

Scav3nger
31-05-2015, 02:20
This thread is starting to get a little off course, everyone needs to take a breath and let the devs look into the issue. It's a bug that will be fixed.

nissan4ever
31-05-2015, 02:21
This thread is starting to get a little off course, everyone needs to take a breath and let the devs look into the issue. It's a bug that will be fixed.

This^^^

hillcrest34
01-06-2015, 09:02
I don't understand how the wheel being hard to turn when stationary means that wheels are broken. I can understand that it's annoying but hardly game breaking. Also on the wheel juttering thing, reset your wheel settings change everything back to how you like it but leave the deadzone at 1 and it should fix it. I haven't come across it yet and thats what my deadzone is set at