PDA

View Full Version : Track guide line in multiplayer

aaronramosjp
29-05-2015, 01:28
Hi,

Is there a way to force to deactivate track guide line for players in multiplayer?

GT_Racing
29-05-2015, 01:47
There isnt and there was a huge debate about it on the poll question about whether people use the driving line or not. I personally think you should be allowed to force it off, and I am shocked it wasn't included from the start.

apexatspeed
29-05-2015, 01:48
You can not, but you should be able to. Especially because you can force everything else off and even force someone into interior view. There is no reason for the option to not exist.

aaronramosjp
29-05-2015, 01:51
WTF? Its amazing the host dont able to deactivate the guide line for a sim race...

apexatspeed
29-05-2015, 02:18
WTF? Its amazing the host dont able to deactivate the guide line for a sim race...

That is what I have been trying to say, but for some reason there are a few people on here who are against it. Check out the discussion in the thread with the poll about whether people use the line or not.

thisisbleep
29-05-2015, 03:15
The racing line does not provide any advantage, only someone who is new to the track would benefit and even then the colour to show the breaking is not car specific, so that will not give an advantage on breaking points.

Post in the feature suggestions section if it has not been posted already.

apexatspeed
29-05-2015, 03:21
The racing line does not provide any advantage, only someone who is new to the track would benefit and even then the colour to show the breaking is not car specific, so that will not give an advantage on breaking points.

It does give you an advantage. When other cars are directly in front of you blocking a normal person's braking point all a player has to do is watch the driver's line for when to brake. Also when racing in heavy fog or driving in the rooster tail of a car in the soaking wet it helps you brake without looking for a braking point. Drive The Glen in heavy fog with other cars around you with and without the driving line and you will see it will help you.

GT_Racing
29-05-2015, 03:34

I dont think so. If there was no benefit why would people use it? Because they like the color show on the tarmac? I am going to get that is not the reason. Yes for better drivers it just gets in the way, but we had a whole debate on this in another thread. For changing track conditions like wetness and temperature it will help you. Also it helps immensly on turns that have little to no referecence points for breaking or for turns where the best reference is tiny and easy to miss. Another advantage is in the heat of a battle it is harder to miss a braking point because you can catch the red on the ground while if you are using some other reference you are just screwed. And one more advantage is changing vehicle classes. If you are going from a slower straight line class to one that is much faster you can easily get your brake points confused. It helps people and it should be optional to remove. The driving line makes the game easier plane and simple. If it didnt it would not be in the game and it would not be used by people.

Even if it doesnt give an advantage that is not a good reason to now allow people to remove it. Stability control wont necessarily make you faster every time, but it can provide and advantage and helps you not spin out and it is able to be restricted. Also using different camera views dont give huge advantages and you can block people from using non cockpit vew ones.

thisisbleep
29-05-2015, 03:51
You should be picking braking points which are off to the side of the track. I normally try to remember two so that the first one is for if I need to brake earlier (e.g. wet weather, cold tires or traffic in front) and it also gives a warning that the second braking point for optimal braking is coming up when there is poor visibility (e.g. night or bad weather).

Changing track conditions do not change the braking colours of the racing line, so it is just as inaccurate for picking braking points. The only advantage it gives is early warning for turns, which benefits people which are new to the track. For turns with no reference points you need to count down, e.g. how many seconds after shifting up into 5th gear do you need to lift off of the accelerator and start to brake.

Ultimately if people using the racing line are faster, you need to practice and improve yourself. What is next to complain about, the HUD which shows the track?

As I said, post in the feature suggestions section and leave it at that. It is down to SMS to decide what should be added/removed/changed based on the feedback given.

apexatspeed
29-05-2015, 04:06
You should be picking braking points which are off to the side of the track. I normally try to remember two so that the first one is for if I need to brake earlier (e.g. wet weather, cold tires or traffic in front) and it also gives a warning that the second braking point for optimal braking is coming up when there is poor visibility (e.g. night or bad weather).

Changing track conditions do not change the braking colours of the racing line, so it is just as inaccurate for picking braking points. The only advantage it gives is early warning for turns, which benefits people which are new to the track. For turns with no reference points you need to count down, e.g. how many seconds after shifting up into 5th gear do you need to lift off of the accelerator and start to brake.

Ultimately if people using the racing line are faster, you need to practice and improve yourself. What is next to complain about, the HUD which shows the track?

As I said, post in the feature suggestions section and leave it at that. It is down to SMS to decide what should be added/removed/changed based on the feedback given.

Are you trying to give me pointers about using braking points on the side of the track? Are you serious right now? I know how to use braking points. Everything I said has to do with the braking points being covered by either vehicles, water spray, or heavy fog. Did you even actually read what I wrote?

Yes the braking line doesn't change color based off track conditions, but it is easy to spot in heavy fog, rain, and when your braking points are blocked. It is a handicap and should have the option of being forced off in multiplayer lobbies.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Shake-My-Head-Reaction-Gif.gif

GT_Racing
29-05-2015, 04:07

Please dont tell me how to drive, and I doubt people using the line are faster than me. If they were I wouldnt even know. The point is that it is a crutch/aid and just like all the others there should be an option to prevent people from using it. People dont win or lose races because they use traction control, but plenty of rooms ban it including the ones that I host.

loslogo
29-05-2015, 04:12
Leave it. It makes racing better and teaches people a good line. Switch it off when your ready

GT_Racing
29-05-2015, 04:13
Are you trying to give me pointers about using braking points on the side of the track? Are you serious right now? I know how to use braking points. Everything I said has to do with the braking points being covered by either vehicles, water spray, or heavy fog. Did you even actually read what I wrote?

Yes the braking line doesn't change color based off track conditions, but it is easy to spot in heavy fog, rain, and when your braking points are blocked. It is a handicap and should have the option of being forced off in multiplayer lobbies.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Shake-My-Head-Reaction-Gif.gif

gp20
29-05-2015, 05:39
Hi,

Is there a way to force to deactivate track guide line for players in multiplayer?
+1 .

BDR Daz
29-05-2015, 05:52

FINALLY someone who actually gets what I have been saying in the other thread ...

The braking line is still under the cars that are in front of you, of you are nose to tail with another car you cant see the line ...

There are no conditions in this game that means you cant see the side of the track where you are racing and able to pick a reference point as a brake marker

madmax2069
29-05-2015, 06:11
I have it on but I don't use it for the driving line or its brake points, it helps me judge distance and thats about all I get from it, I take my own line and make my own brake points, as the driving lines arent really optimal for how someone might drive, nor are its braking points optimal for a good lap time.

The only time I see it giving someone a advantage is in low visibility weather.

apexatspeed
29-05-2015, 18:34
I have it on but I don't use it for the driving line or its brake points, it helps me judge distance and thats about all I get from it, I take my own line and make my own brake points, as the driving lines arent really optimal for how someone might drive, nor are its braking points optimal for a good lap time.

The only time I see it giving someone a advantage is in low visibility weather.

You said it doesn't give an advantage outside of low visibility and then in the same post say you use it to judge distances. That would be an advantage you can not use in the real world.

hardlock
27-03-2017, 05:49
Ah, old thread here I know but only post I could find about the "track guide line". Was screwing with the visual settings and mine just went out! How do I get it back on now?

Mahjik
27-03-2017, 15:58
Ah, old thread here I know but only post I could find about the "track guide line". Was screwing with the visual settings and mine just went out! How do I get it back on now?

Try this:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35468-Help-Issue-with-the-guiding-line&p=1057607&viewfull=1#post1057607