PDA

View Full Version : Controller Input Modes - Pls explain

Kulch
29-05-2015, 06:28
Now that the patch is out and everything works its time to dial in the configurations

There are 3 controller modes, and they have hidden paramaters which we cannot see. so the exact same sensitivities and deadzones on mode 1 will feel different to mode 2 and 3 - They aren't presets

Can we possibly have a description or details of what each mode is supposed to depict and feel like or maybe tell us the hidden paramaters and their effects?

madmax2069
29-05-2015, 06:42
I do know that mode 3 has a slower crossover speed
I do know that mode 2 has a faster crossover speed

Meaning when you take your thumbstick from full left to full right in mode 3 it takes the cars steering longer to get from full left lock to full right lock, mode 2 makes the steering able to keep up with your inputs from the thumbstick better.

Mode 2 and 3 probably also do other things different as well but the crossover speeds are one thing I know that changes between the two.

As for mode 1 I havent tried to know what it does different.

stevomock
29-05-2015, 07:05
I do know that mode 3 has a slower crossover speed
I do know that mode 2 has a faster crossover speed

Meaning when you take your thumbstick from full left to full right in mode 3 it takes the cars steering longer to get from full left lock to full right lock, mode 2 makes the steering able to keep up with your inputs from the thumbstick better.

Oh my! I had no idea. I will immediately try changing off of mode 3. I didn't know there was a solution to slow steering wheel movement.

GoPrO_BMX
16-06-2015, 11:38
How could I make the steering on the controller less "touchy"? I am a boss with GT6 but the sensitivity makes the cars feel like Im an inch off the ground.

Outlier
16-06-2015, 20:28
GoPro - check out the sticky threads at the top of the xbox forum.

Here is one to check;

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21858-Xbox-One-Controller-Settings-Problems-amp-Solutions

Kulch
16-06-2015, 23:59
Try the settings in this link - IMO its the best controller setup and ive gone through a few of them. I no longer have touchy controls

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23167-Best-Control-Pad-Settings-All-Formats

The most important thing to look for with touchy controls is the controller filter sensitivity and speed sensitivity.