PDA

View Full Version : how to see others custom liveries (PC)

gemonic
29-05-2015, 06:29
how do we see other drivers custom paint??

I saw a thread which said it was possible.... but my mate can not see my paint... it is just plain with the wireframe.

what am i missing?

WARDOGZ.UK
29-05-2015, 07:11
you can't see other peoples custom skins as they are not installed on your system, and as of yet there is no way to enable it.

gemonic
29-05-2015, 07:12
you can't see other peoples custom skins as they are not installed on your system, and as of yet there is no way to enable it.

Well that is bloody ridiculous then isn't it....

I'm sure I saw a post by Ian Bell saying they would work

Ripgroove
31-05-2015, 17:23

What?! What on earth is the point in them then? And theres also the fact that the in game liveries seem to be a complete lottery also, pretty disappointing TBH.

chart_e
02-06-2015, 02:16
how do we see other drivers custom paint??

I saw a thread which said it was possible.... but my mate can not see my paint... it is just plain with the wireframe.

what am i missing?

Yeah! Spent several hours for a grate paint to figure out that its point less, no body's able to see it.
An other frustration about this game

Motorhead Racer
02-06-2015, 09:12
what?! good job I read this before trying out GIMP.. what a waste of time

JollyRoger
02-06-2015, 09:29
What?! What on earth is the point in them then? And theres also the fact that the in game liveries seem to be a complete lottery also, pretty disappointing TBH.

You can choose your Ingame livery - just go to the garage when choosing the car

Ripgroove
02-06-2015, 09:36
You can choose your Ingame livery - just go to the garage when choosing the car

Yeah and half the time it never actually "sticks" to the car, when you start a race you'll have a random livery selected.

LhFan_08
02-06-2015, 13:51
Yeah and half the time it never actually "sticks" to the car, when you start a race you'll have a random livery selected.

No, you just need to make sure that you don't ''hover'' over another car after you select your livery. Just go back using ESC after you select your livery....

HDBanger
03-06-2015, 14:47
Also back up your skins. If you happen to have a few crashes and try to trouble shoot it by verifying game cache through steam (which is what the devs said to do), your skins will ALL be over written, every last f$%^ing one of them. This folder is for CUSTOM liveries, why in the F4%^ are these files even being LOOKED at by steam? Idiots.

Roger Prynne
03-06-2015, 15:53
^^^ Because that folder is part of the original game that's why.... steam doesn't know the difference.

HDBanger
03-06-2015, 21:44
^^^ Because that folder is part of the original game that's why.... steam doesn't know the difference.

Ok, so how about maybe telling people that before telling them to verify game cache..

Roger Prynne
03-06-2015, 22:10
Why wouldn't you have copies of your skins anyway?
I make backup of lots of things just incase something goes wrong.

knotme
03-06-2015, 22:42
nothing ever goes wrong in my life. jus' sayin'

anyways i think it is 'udderly' amazing that you get one paint per car and you are the only one that can see it (not in career but in practice... and maybe in multiplayer) BUT HEY... you can take a screen shot of your paint and show it off in the forum! lol it is crazy how this game does SO well in some areas and SOOOO bad in others... it is like it was only half thought through. sure you are gonna say... 'give them time' and this or that was low on the priority list. this game should not have been sold as a full game... it should have warned people it was 'early access'. what is really sad is ... in career... i reckon my teammate in races has the same skin w/same # as i do. i see it all the time when i watch replays (but i don't watch replays much) player skin should be 'tagged' in the program code as to NOT be used again when randomly skinning the AI cars. these are simple things really. cheers

leon1772
05-06-2015, 07:07
In the beta you could see the personal livery players, but now not. And correction to the problem will not be resolved in patch 1.4.

GUIBRU
06-06-2015, 15:38
This function is not available for the moment under STEAM. Already evoked more than a year ago. Patience !

DragonSyr
06-06-2015, 16:17
This function is not available for the moment under STEAM. Already evoked more than a year ago. Patience !

aha !

HDBanger
06-06-2015, 17:06
Why wouldn't you have copies of your skins anyway?
I make backup of lots of things just incase something goes wrong.

I have the psd's of all skins I make. I was telling others in case they did not know, as one of the devs' things to say to try to fix crashes is verify game with steam. It was an annoyance, which could have easily been avoided if told in the first place. Why cause more bad feelings than need be? Skinning in sims is as old as sims themselves, should be a much better system in place.

WARDOGZ.UK
06-06-2015, 17:09
hmmm... double posted , sorry

WARDOGZ.UK
06-06-2015, 17:10

That comment to me insinuates that it is a STEAM problem and not a PCars problem, could you please elaborate how STEAM is at fault when games such as Assetto Corsa (ALSO ON STEAM) have no such limitation?

Thales Baptista
06-06-2015, 23:11
Where are the modders to make a full combo pack for career mode with real liveries and respective AI attributes? :)

Daler007
07-06-2015, 08:10
I am having trouboe printing the screen. I use F12 and/ or prntscreen but when I paste it, all it shows is the Steam loading page? HELP!

Thomas Sikora
07-06-2015, 08:23

@ PC everyone see other custom liverys:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27957-FAO-Ian-Bell-and-team-(not-moaning)-Livery-Licenses&p=945548&viewfull=1#post945548

DragonSyr
07-06-2015, 12:22
No ....

In the beta you could see the personal livery players, but now not. And correction to the problem will not be resolved in patch 1.4.

CL0NE
07-06-2015, 20:58
Why cant they make somthing like Tradepaints as used for iRacing ???? or just reimplement the old file sharing that we had from befor. It is so annoying.
I dont want skins just for the sake of it. I and my clan friends want skins to enable us to have team skins for league races. It enables us to identify eachother quickly
and makes it easier for fast commentry when streaming. Come on pCARS catch up, I know there is a lot of work still being done but listen to your community and to what they really want. This game could be a iRacing smasher if you could implement things like this quickly befor people move on to Assetto Corsa and the like.
Driver swapping is another one especially for the LeMan 24 hour races.

schwertbogen
10-06-2015, 12:20
Is there any update on when the custom livery sync will be fixed?

DragonSyr
10-06-2015, 12:37
not yet, we are on standby

schwertbogen
12-06-2015, 21:40
Patch 1.4 didn't fix it....

satco1066
13-06-2015, 10:40
if they had a more open System for custom liveries, e.g. a 3 to 5 unique number for the car and then a unique post name for the painting or a folder per car, private leagues could share that. But in time there is only one custom livery per car. i would prefer a Folder per car.

Cialfi
13-06-2015, 11:23
to have to click on the car field of your car (with the green point) to save your choice. if you go back and, like mentioned before, hover over another class it will be gone. for me also backwards didnt work. You have to click on the selected car

mtbboy1993
09-07-2015, 01:25
rfactor2 have a system that allows the server moderator to allow skin transfers,
so the game download the skins.
it would be nice if pcars had that.

Alan Dallas
14-07-2015, 02:07
rfactor2 have a system that allows the server moderator to allow skin transfers,
so the game download the skins.
it would be nice if pcars had that.
Steam Workshop integration will provide that service. That is when the Workshop integration is completed. :)

GDrider77
18-01-2016, 23:18
Any word on this yet? Got a group of racers, and it would be nice if we could all have our own livery so that we can have our name and colors, etc on our own cars. I have read so much about this all over the place, but curious on current status. Seems like the only option right now is if the full group shares all the custom livery skins, then ensures that we all use different cars. While this might work (in theory), it means no single person can use the same car.

NWRAP
18-01-2016, 23:27
Any word on this yet? Got a group of racers, and it would be nice if we could all have our own livery so that we can have our name and colors, etc on our own cars. I have read so much about this all over the place, but curious on current status. Seems like the only option right now is if the full group shares all the custom livery skins, then ensures that we all use different cars. While this might work (in theory), it means no single person can use the same car.

Nope wont work as you can STILL only have one custom livery :(

McKiernan
20-01-2016, 17:25

I think you might find this page interesting, particularly from post #73 down http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43939-Custom-Grid-Tool-Custom-Grids-for-Solo-Quick-Race/page8