PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying

LeRenard242
29-05-2015, 07:46
Consider this scenario, I'm on my fast lap, a car in front of me is on his out lap. He gets a blue flag I presume, but in stead of moving out of the way, the WHOLE qualifying sessions I have to back down, try not to hit him or get off track (for an invalidated laptime) and try to pass him.. Why don't they move out of the way? It really annoys me, maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but clearly I'm not the only one with the issue.

1. How do other people solve this?
2. Will pCars be fixing this AI issue? (and other AI issues)?

Pink_650S
29-05-2015, 08:32
I think SMS is working on the AI issues. :)

Martin03
29-05-2015, 08:34
Well, I dont know what other people do, but this fix that problem for me...
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/74071000/jpg/_74071377_gutierrez.jpg

FA RACING 01
29-05-2015, 08:41
Which one is A1 ?

Luke Townsend
29-05-2015, 09:12
Which one is A1 ?

Quite obviously Maldonado. Apparently the devs are working on a patch for him. Shame it was not released in time for Monaco! ;)

FA RACING 01
29-05-2015, 09:27
LMAO. Think the patch needed for that one will be too big for a local based console or PC. Dedicated satellite and server might do though.

Pink_650S
29-05-2015, 10:58
Come on guys, dont patch Maldonado. We need at least a bit of action in the F1 :p

FA RACING 01
29-05-2015, 11:02
Come on guys, dont patch Maldonado. We need at least a bit of action in the F1 :p

Would that be on or off track ?

Pink_650S
29-05-2015, 11:06
On :p
When was the last time the F1 has seen a car flipping before Bahrain 2014? :D
Webber in Valencia?

Marrrfooo
29-05-2015, 11:08
Well, I dont know what other people do, but this fix that problem for me...
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/74071000/jpg/_74071377_gutierrez.jpg

Ah yes the patented 'Maldonado Manouevre' - one of my faves. :rolleyes:

Marrrfooo
29-05-2015, 11:10
On :p
When was the last time the F1 has seen a car flipping before Bahrain 2014? :D
Webber in Valencia?

He LOVES a bit of cheeky air does old Webber - his first attempt in the Mercedes @ Le Mans was still his greatest trick. One moment on track on the straight - the next upside down in the trees invisible to everyone! I'm waiting for him to get some in the Porsche series. :p

Pink_650S
29-05-2015, 11:14
He LOVES a bit of cheeky air does old Webber - his first attempt in the Mercedes @ Le Mans was still his greatest trick. One moment on track on the straight - the next upside down in the trees invisible to everyone! I'm waiting for him to get some in the Porsche series. :p

Lol yea, almost forgot about that one ;)

Awong124
29-05-2015, 14:56
The AI is far too aggressive in Practice and Qualifying sessions. They're pretty much racing you for position.

Ian Bell
29-05-2015, 15:08
The AI is far too aggressive in Practice and Qualifying sessions. They're pretty much racing you for position.

Or good times...

farobaba
29-05-2015, 15:16
If you patch Maldonado, it would be the end of F1.

Awong124
29-05-2015, 15:28
Or good times...

Well, they would go as far as knock me off the track, in Practice. Then I would have Kimi Raikkonen's quote going through my mind:

"Did you see what that guy did? He pushed me off … that wasn’t very nice."

Aristeas
29-05-2015, 15:47
In those situations its the best, to slow down and get a gap between you and the AI-Car in front. During this, you have to pay attention to your tire temperature and may be to the AI-Car behind you! The gap should be big enough, to be able to push the whole next lap ;).

Awong124
29-05-2015, 15:54
In those situations its the best, to slow down and get a gap between you and the AI-Car in front. During this, you have to pay attention to your tire temperature and may be to the AI-Car behind you! The gap should be big enough, to be able to push the whole next lap ;).

I prefer to get my sweet sweet revenge and run the guy off the road at the next corner. I understand that they are a computer program and don't have feelings, but it makes me feel a little better. Sometimes in Qualifying I'll take a wide line to get a better exit, and the AI will see that as an opening to pass and fly up the inside (even from quite far back), ruining my hot lap.

Aristeas
29-05-2015, 16:02
I prefer to get my sweet sweet revenge and run the guy off the road at the next corner. I understand that they are a computer program and don't have feelings, but it makes me feel a little better. Sometimes in Qualifying I'll take a wide line to get a better exit, and the AI will see that as an opening to pass and fly up the inside (even from quite far back), ruining my hot lap.
But very risky, if you drive with real car damage.

Awong124
29-05-2015, 16:08
But very risky, if you drive with real car damage.

I do drive with real car damage. But I find that crashing into other cars rarely, if ever, results in any significant mechanical damage to the car. I've only ever received mechanical damage when crashing into walls. But I haven't gotten into open wheel cars yet, so those cars will be more fragile.

Aristeas
29-05-2015, 16:28
Oh, than I am afraid of something not worth to fear.

Roger Prynne
29-05-2015, 16:29
Consider this scenario, I'm on my fast lap, a car in front of me is on his out lap. He gets a blue flag I presume, but in stead of moving out of the way, the WHOLE qualifying sessions I have to back down, try not to hit him or get off track (for an invalidated laptime) and try to pass him.. Why don't they move out of the way? It really annoys me, maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but clearly I'm not the only one with the issue.

1. How do other people solve this?
2. Will pCars be fixing this AI issue? (and other AI issues)?

Yes the AI is being worked on a lot at the moment.

apexatspeed
29-05-2015, 18:09
Quite obviously Maldonado. Apparently the devs are working on a patch for him. Shame it was not released in time for Monaco! ;)

The Maldozer had a decent drive in Monaco. He did well in Qualifying and had to retire due to a car issue. If I remember correctly the only other car contact made was when Verstappen rear ended him, and the Toro Rosso's front wing broke.

(Oddly enough Verstappen would go on to rear end the other Lotus)

danpinho
29-05-2015, 18:22
I love that scenario!
You set all to real, assists off, mechanical failure…
So you're going to your flying lap and of coarse the track have other cars in it, after all it's not just for you. You reduce your pace and stay behind the AI can waiting for the long staight to do a clean pass only to realize on the very last turn that AI was going to PIT. Than you realize he's only purpose was to slow you down.

Yes the AI is being worked on a lot at the moment.

Good to hear that! The game have a lot of issues but you guys have done a good racing game. Congrats!