PDA

View Full Version : What one thing have you always wanted in a racing game?

Bufftheowl
29-05-2015, 08:13
What one thing have you always wanted in a racing game?

Oh and don't say naked ladies!

For me the one thing I've most wanted to see in a racing game more than anything else, well anything else that was not already there, is long term memory of skid marks. Put simply, I want to be able to see major skid marks being remembered over entire race weekends. I want to be racing on race day and see huge skid marks from a major off that I or someone else had in maybe practice 1 or 2.

Machinist90
29-05-2015, 08:15
that's in the game already I believe,it just doesn't transfer from quali to race

wraithsrike
29-05-2015, 08:18
Atmosphere, and I'm serous, no body has injected it fully into there game, grid 1 and possibly the the F1 titles have done quite well here but every racing title I've played since its been missing even PCars doesn't have it nailed.

I love this game don't get me wrong but and I've said this before the Sp career for me feels hollow and flat.

danowat
29-05-2015, 08:22
Custom championships!

Such a small detail, but is missed from many, many race games, simple way to keep longevity in the game.

Machinist90
29-05-2015, 08:26
Atmosphere, and I'm serous, no body has injected it fully into there game, grid 1 and possibly the the F1 titles have done quite well here but every racing title I've played since its been missing even PCars doesn't have it nailed.

I love this game don't get me wrong but and I've said this before the Sp career for me feels hollow and flat.

true,the driving is amazing but the commitment to a car or team seems to be missing,and oh yeah grid 1,what a game,every sponsor earned was a victory

wraithsrike
29-05-2015, 08:28
And race completion, at the end of the race I'd like to be able to drive back to the box and take my podium ( if earnt) it's just the little things that make a game more realistic.

FA RACING 01
29-05-2015, 08:54
No naked ladies ? Ok then, the umbrella girls will do just fine. AND like danowat said - the ability to do custom championships is a long time wish on my side.

LuckyMic
29-05-2015, 09:12
A Multiplayer racing (Nordschleife/Green hell endurance prefered) with multiclasses and more than 200 cars :-)

BTW, a coop mode / customize championship with save option like F1 20xx would also be very nice (but not really new) :-)

Invincible
29-05-2015, 09:13
Naked ladies! /jk

What I really want is real life upgrading. Having the possibility to choose from a hundred of different engine / suspension / drive train / aero parts. And I really mean hundreds!
Some of of them fit your car, some of them don't. And even if they fit, you'll have to figure them out, which ones can go together and really enhance your car.
If you don't, you can end up with a total riced up and undriveable wreck. Or, if you're good, you can turn an 200 hp Toyota 86GT into a 500+ hp track day beast that will rip up every track and opponent. But only, if every part fits, plays along with the other parts.

That would be my dream...

danowat
29-05-2015, 09:15
Naked ladies! /jk

What I really want is real life upgrading. Having the possibility to choose from a hundred of different engine / suspension / drive train / aero parts. And I really mean hundreds!
Some of of them fit your car, some of them don't. And even if they fit, you'll have to figure them out, which ones can go together and really enhance your car.
If you don't, you can end up with a total riced up and undriveable wreck. Or, if you're good, you can turn an 200 hp Toyota 86GT into a 500+ hp track day beast that will rip up every track and opponent. But only, if every part fits, plays along with the other parts.

Pretty much sounds like Forza!

jimmyb_84
29-05-2015, 09:15
A Multiplayer racing (Nordschleife/Green hell endurance prefered) with multiclasses and more than 200 cars :-)

You mean the VLN series? That would be sweet, I'd suppose this could be achieved with s custom championship and a 24hr layout.

MCotts76
29-05-2015, 09:20
If a car brakes down or crashes you see track marshals cleaning up

doodleco
29-05-2015, 09:28
Damage to environment, especially tyre walls. Even if it's just impact texture rather than actual damage.
Also, with optional realism settings, the ability to get stuck in gravel and require a tractor to come and pull you out.

danowat
29-05-2015, 09:32
Damage to environment, especially tyre walls. Even if it's just impact texture rather than actual damage.

That's sort of already in the game, you mark the barriers if you make contact with them, which is something I've never seen in a racing game before.

MULTIVITZ
29-05-2015, 09:36
Birds pooing on your helmit....and visor. Having a car wash and oil change. Forget it, we're having trouble with the drawing range of the rear view mirror!!! The odd crane would be nice in the sequel though.

MULTIVITZ
29-05-2015, 09:39
Also, with optional realism settings, the ability to get stuck in gravel and require a tractor to come and pull you out.

You can knock the tyre barriers down on Monza! Have you gone around Bathurst in a shopping trolley? They do great deals!

dustyjo
29-05-2015, 09:49
Naked ladies! /jk

Ever heard of Street Legal Racing Redline? Because it's basically that. (kinda)

Invincible
29-05-2015, 09:50
Pretty much sounds like Forza!
No in Forza it is way too simple and easy. I want it more techtechnical. So that for example the pistons have to match the conrods, and they have to fit crankshaft. If you have changed those, you'll have to replace the valves and the camshafts too. When you want to build a turbo, you will need to set the compression accordingly. Every single part that doesn't fit good can blow your engine.

P75
29-05-2015, 10:01
I can only choose a single thing? Hard to choose because there are so many things I think the game lacks, that will all add to a greater sense of immersion. If I can only pick one, It would have to be a full-fledged flag system with animated flag marshalls and AI that pay attention to them.

Roger Prynne
29-05-2015, 10:17
Naked ladies! /jk

Car Mechanic Simulator 2014

You want this then.... http://store.steampowered.com/app/270850/ ;)

Baron_Greenback
29-05-2015, 10:31
Test Drive Unlimited with PCARS physics, graphics and most of the tracks, set in Europe:
A scaled down map of Europe where you can drive to your favourite track, do a few laps, then maybe a road trip to your car's manufacturer's factory. Then a blast back across Europe to another track.

Eden almost had something with TDU1, but its graphics were a generation late. TDU2 rhymes with....ahem. Then they had the cheek to change their name to Ivory Tower, and inflict The Crew upon the world, which I got a refund for.

Invincible
29-05-2015, 10:41
Car Mechanic Simulator 2014

You want this then.... http://store.steampowered.com/app/270850/ ;)

But integrated into project cars!! So I can race my builds. Oh and this in an 1:1 scale open world area of Hesse, Germany!

mkstatto
29-05-2015, 11:49
Total fantasist idea and no way technically possible for a long time, talking with the engineer via headset or kinect for things like setup suggestions gap, kimi style rants and whats happening in the race.

I've also thought a track designer could be pretty cool for community sharing.

And a big one from a past of playing Grand Prix management games on the PC, manage a team and race for them.

RAVEracer
29-05-2015, 12:07
To be able to see your car in your mirrors. You know when in cockpit view and looking back, in some games you see through the back of your car and out the window. Surely it can't be hard to put that screen in your mirror.

qbasiz
29-05-2015, 12:07
a track editor/creator, like stunts had 25 years ago.

badkarma
29-05-2015, 15:38
A management / oversight / framework system for competition like iracing has melded with a better race sim. I did iracing for several years and while their racing framework is top notch, the feel of the simulation is like racing on glass. Pcars feels better, so meld those two and you'll have something great. That and a proper damage model where my car would be seriously messed up if I hit a wall at 150mph vs driving off like nothing happened.

Niveous21
29-05-2015, 15:50
A realistic, professional motorsport type of career mode, as opposed to just a checklist of races to tick off (looking at you, Forza). This game has provided it.

nomen nescio
29-05-2015, 15:58
Oh, very simple:

Realisme is every single aspect. Visual, all sorts of physics, all sorts of models (e.g. tire), etc.... . :D

McTheory90
29-05-2015, 16:10

For me the one thing I've most wanted to see in a racing game more than anything else, well anything else that was not already there, is long term memory of skid marks. Put simply, I want to be able to see major skid marks being remembered over entire race weekends. I want to be racing on race day and see huge skid marks from a major off that I or someone else had in maybe practice 1 or 2.

Skid marks? Well I was tempted but I won't since I never have them.

Seriously, in career mode: a realistic crash/damage model (PCars is more realistic in some respects than F1 games, though the bulldozer under the car in front at the start grid is not - more likely to launch over it ); crash rescues/car recovery while the safety car is out; restarts from pit lane after a red flag; engine fires; pit lane errors such as loose tyres. On the subject of fire, always a risk especially when you have refueling allowed in a race, I have no idea whether it is already in the game.

TheIronWolf
29-05-2015, 16:22
Completeness and attention to details. GTR2 is still my golden standard to beat, but pCars does best job (per my preferences) across modern choices.

apexatspeed
29-05-2015, 17:03
Barber Motorsports Park and a current DTM line up.

GT_Racing
29-05-2015, 17:51
Birds pooing on your helmit....and visor. Having a car wash and oil change. Forget it, we're having trouble with the drawing range of the rear view mirror!!! The odd crane would be nice in the sequel though.

Gran turismo has had a car wash and oil change for years.

Mahjik
29-05-2015, 18:21
Full simulation of a race weekend from a damage perspective.

I would love to see a racing simulation where damages can impact the entire race weekend. i.e. you crash the car in practice, depending on the amount of damage you lose the ability to continue in the practice sessions and could lose the ability to race depending on the type of damage. Running the car on the ragged edge during qualifying could hurt the reliability of the engine for the race. Also along with tire management, as in the number of tires you have per race weekend.

Bufftheowl
02-06-2015, 20:06
Also, as well as skid marks those long lines of sand that has been put down during a the weekend to cover over a line of oil from engine failure!

Roger Prynne
02-06-2015, 21:16
A burger van so I can pull over and have something to eat.

HBR-Roadhog
02-06-2015, 21:59
One of the things I have always thought would be cool but have never saw in a racing game is an option for online career mode. It would be the same as the basic career mode but would allow your friends to join in and drive the race with you in place of one of the AI opponents. I think that could be rather interesting, more difficult and rewarding.

o Mike V o
02-06-2015, 22:08
Maintenance, mileage, whatever makes you feel like that is your car. I enjoy that kind of immersion in racing games.

KK78
02-06-2015, 22:15
Something quite different, how about a bit of truck racing, loved watching it as a nipper... contact appears to be mandatory!

http://hungarytoday.hu/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/C26R7228_0.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaaH42-77wa2N7SxnqzbmxpDONaTjwR1KF2eV-_IQTY4N0W3Ygow

http://www.truckracing.de/inhalt/aktuelles/images/b0a612a34c4f07043484585585df0e32.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lkBZH1fLYE

TC33
02-06-2015, 22:32
dyno tuning.engine tuning

able to break axles and driveshafts stuff like this

kingsti
02-06-2015, 22:43
Total fantasist idea and no way technically possible for a long time, talking with the engineer via headset .
This was in rfactor1 and is something I would love to see here. You could ask the engineer about tyre temperature, track info, your pace - all sorts of things. The best spotter system I've played with - it was very immersive.

Irishnewblood
02-06-2015, 23:02
Custom championship. How do so many racing games not have this?

marcdxn
02-06-2015, 23:05
A trophy cabinet

but i think mine would be empty :confused-new:

Rogerslack
02-06-2015, 23:06
Yes. Only way for longevity of the game is online racing. Lots of trax means too many to master, therefore races are too hit and miss. Custom championships with the ability to change trax every so often much better.

Bufftheowl
03-06-2015, 10:34
One of the things I have always thought would be cool but have never saw in a racing game is an option for online career mode. It would be the same as the basic career mode but would allow your friends to join in and drive the race with you in place of one of the AI opponents. I think that could be rather interesting, more difficult and rewarding.

Great Idea! would be brill if everyone had reliable internet. Maybe you could only join such a thing if you have a minimum ping and such. Also anyone could spectate from a camera of their choice around the track.

JessicaWalter
03-06-2015, 10:36
oil slicks, smoke screens and red 18-wheelers

Crofty79
03-06-2015, 10:55
As already said, and possilbly more doable. I would like marshalls that come to your car in the event of a engine blown or race ending crash.

mire2
03-06-2015, 12:05
I always wanted dozens of legit race tracks which look incredible real..and an atmosphere where i always forgot that i just sit in my damn chair ^^ (Pcars done it very good that way)

Jiggmin1234
03-06-2015, 12:09
I would love to see the actual tire barriers brake during impact with a car - just like in real life. You know when sometimes a car's impact is so big that the tire wall actually falls apart.

VaiHalen
03-06-2015, 12:32
This may be a little thing but... What one thing have you always wanted in a racing game? Well, to be able to stop the car and get out of it. Then you have a first person view as the driver and can walk around the vehicle, take photos, walk around the circuit, pits, etc. You also can return to your car and cotinue driving :)

dominiczeth
03-06-2015, 12:34
Something quite different, how about a bit of truck racing, loved watching it as a nipper... contact appears to be mandatory!

http://hungarytoday.hu/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/C26R7228_0.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaaH42-77wa2N7SxnqzbmxpDONaTjwR1KF2eV-_IQTY4N0W3Ygow

http://www.truckracing.de/inhalt/aktuelles/images/b0a612a34c4f07043484585585df0e32.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lkBZH1fLYE

You could like this: http://www.gameformulatruck.com/en/

AB_Attack
03-06-2015, 12:37
Better atmosphere and complete replay function.

Bufftheowl
03-06-2015, 20:40
I would love to see the actual tire barriers brake during impact with a car - just like in real life. You know when sometimes a car's impact is so big that the tire wall actually falls apart.

Yea I wana see that group of yellow barrels at the start of the pit lane at Willow Springs explode when you hit them as I think they may be full of water in real life.

This may be a little thing but... What one thing have you always wanted in a racing game? Well, to be able to stop the car and get out of it. Then you have a first person view as the driver and can walk around the vehicle, take photos, walk around the circuit, pits, etc. You also can return to your car and cotinue driving :)

Yea and get run over by other racers cars whilst getting the finger or even funnier, marshals run up to you, shouting and man handle you to get back in your god damn car. All the time calling you names like f@$king idiot and D%@k head. LOL

Linus27
03-06-2015, 21:07
I would say two things,

1. Ability to create custom championships.
2. Total immersion and atmosphere inc. pit crews, mechanics etc in the pits, marshals on the track who are animated, waving flags and enter the track to remove broken cars and debris, TV crews, helicopters, spectators with flags, camera flashes, air horns, track commentary, warm up laps inc. forming of the grid, and as much live atmosphere as possible. Just look at Codemasters F1 games, GP4 and GTR2.

LADY GEMMA JANE
03-06-2015, 21:08
AI that doesn't ram me off the track

00steven
03-06-2015, 21:14

Realistic damage.

RetroNooB
03-06-2015, 21:30
Real official multiplayer world championships, and multiplayer career structure, this will set the men/women from the boys/girls and give more depth n purpose to the online sim racing world while keeping it competative for all

MutantOctane
03-06-2015, 21:53
Flat spotted tires following brake lockup

GBRC.C7
03-06-2015, 22:21
The one thing I want is to get the same buzz that comes from being in a real car, be that (in the right conditions) on road or track and really feeling "in the zone" where nothing else in my life is relevant in that moment.
Occasionally I've felt that racing online in GT with GBRC @ GtArena, hoping for a lot more of that feeling from pCars in the coming months and years.

Bufftheowl
04-06-2015, 22:26
The one thing I want is to get the same buzz that comes from being in a real car, be that (in the right conditions) on road or track and really feeling "in the zone" where nothing else in my life is relevant in that moment.
Occasionally I've felt that racing online in GT with GBRC @ GtArena, hoping for a lot more of that feeling from pCars in the coming months and years.

The buzz that comes from being in a real car, probably only comes when being in a real car. I'm thinking what you meant was the buzz like that of being in a real car.

Call me pedantic, I don't care!

GBRC.C7
04-06-2015, 22:34
The buzz that comes from being in a real car, probably only comes when being in a real car. I'm thinking what you meant was the buzz like that of being in a real car.

Call me pedantic, I don't care!

Ok I will, You are a pedant.

I have driven real tracks in real cars and get a huge buzz from it (I've probably done more laps round Dunsfold than anyone posting here unless Mr Collins posts under a psudonym) but occasionally In the right circumstances I have found the same zone racing online. It can be done.

btw I am not talking about the adrenalin charge of getting out of a situation alive, just the ZONE.

SpeedLimitUnknown
04-06-2015, 22:56
AI that doesn't ram me off the track

AI that can be customized in game or with ini tweaks for each individual AI driver that controls variables such as aggression, skill level min-max, consistency, corner speed, acceleration, top speed, braking ability, ability to pass, etc.

One of the things I loved about the old Papyrus games like Nascar, indycar, gpl was the ability to tune individual AI drivers in a txt file.

Psychomatrix
04-06-2015, 23:07
Grid girls with big....... ok ok seriously
Formation lap
More cars of same class and age that you have more cars to choose
Yellow flags pace car
Career with business elements (sponsorship, when you damage your car you have to pay it, pricemoney for better parts)
real track condition (rubber beside idealline, track becomes more grip with time or loses after rain)
wind
More personality from AI (opponents don't forget your actions, positive and negative)
Much much more stats
Much more online options so that you find drivers who on the same levels
If other players play dirty they will loose the online account for the game
yeah and grid girls :)

UMadBro
05-06-2015, 03:59
I've always wanted crash physics.

OperatorWay
05-06-2015, 04:42
Skills. :o

Royston13
07-01-2016, 00:23
Colour blind filters that would be good .

Markus Ott
07-01-2016, 02:14
A community consisting of only serious racers, without a single dive bomber or crash kid

Salty Dog
07-01-2016, 09:43
To be honest after just coming back to gaming PC has everything i ever dreamed of apart from a full Aussie V8 supercar field, i couldnt really dream for too much more although id be a fan of more unusual types of racing in games to mix it up a bit,

Id love if project cars had

Drag Racing
Drag bike racing
V8 utes
Trucks
Buggies
Sidecars
Sprintcars
Dirt cars
Paris to Dakar style racing

Caravan Racing ;)
Tractor racing :)
Mud bike drag racing ;)
Ride on Lawnmower racing ;)

Just thinking out of the box lol

Don Rudi
07-01-2016, 09:48
What I missed in about every game is:

- a real good flag system with marshalls, pace cars and safety cars

Salty Dog
07-01-2016, 09:55

Bkim
07-01-2016, 10:34
AI that is just as good (or even better) and unpredictable as reality. I've got to talk with Mark Zuckerberg about that:cool:
Nr2: alll technical fault implementations

Ezuna
07-01-2016, 10:38
A laser scanned Isle of Man TT circuit with real weather read from Met Office real time data....

Also a version of the same track from the 60's or 70's with some historic cars to race on....

Maybe also some zombies.... :P

Azure Flare
07-01-2016, 10:41
Ride on Lawnmower racing ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfZlrVBsixk

Invincible
07-01-2016, 10:44
The ability to submit an official complaint to the race direction about that bloke who rammed you off track :p

N0body Of The Goat
07-01-2016, 10:50
Proper penalties for unsportsman-like behaviour and ratings online, without subscribing to Iracing.

Ixoye56
07-01-2016, 10:52
Atmosphere and Custom championships!

N0body Of The Goat
07-01-2016, 11:09
Atmosphere and Custom championships!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFPLk5mJ1D4

m355y
07-01-2016, 11:20
Speaking as a console user, the ability to edit more stuff. Choose your opponents, make your own championship series from the options in the game, edit the paintwork on your car AND your opposition cars, choose a points system, race format, blah blah - basically, in something like FIFA you can edit just about every aspect of your team, other teams and the competitions you compete in, that freedom has rarely been there in console racers.

Closest so far are maybe Grid Autosport and PCars - but PC is a real case of 'so near yet so far'.

Sum Dixon-Ear
07-01-2016, 11:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFPLk5mJ1D4

jbjs40
07-01-2016, 17:12
I really wanted to find out if at all we could create a custom championship with our consoles? I have xbox one and would like, no LOVE the ability to choose for example GT4 or GT3 and then choose multiple tracks and set the weather for like 8 races. I KNOW you can do this one race at a time in quick race but I would love to be able to choose 6-10 tracks for a simulated season championship. Is there any way to do this on xbox one? It would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and BTW does anyone know what happened to the box below quick race? It just disappeared like the developer was thinking about adding something and then decided not to.

rw02kr43
07-01-2016, 17:25
Indycar season with currant cars, drivers and rules.

kevin kirk
07-01-2016, 18:22
A game that doesn't have a catch to it. There is allways something we have to over look to play in every game. In project cars we have to ignore that it seems pretty weird not have a correct field of cars with gt and lmp cars on the track at the same time. Thats is a pretty big blow to the realistic feeling. Infact, I would be so bold to say its the exact opposite.

Animera
07-01-2016, 18:44
This was in rfactor1 and is something I would love to see here. You could ask the engineer about tyre temperature, track info, your pace - all sorts of things. The best spotter system I've played with - it was very immersive.

Try the Crew Chief app. It does all of that.

What I'd like to see is full endurance races with online driver swaps.
There is nothing like getting a team together to plan a strategy for a 24 hour race and then doing the race.
Chatting in TS, reacting to issues like the next driver is still asleep and needs to be on track in 10 mins, etc.

kevin kirk
07-01-2016, 22:36
A laser scanned Isle of Man TT circuit with real weather read from Met Office real time data....

Also a version of the same track from the 60's or 70's with some historic cars to race on....

Maybe also some zombies.... :P ......seems like the isle of man with cars would be just a follow the car in front of you until you decide to kill him by trying to get by kind of race

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
07-01-2016, 23:00
Large open-world combined with realistic physics. I love the basic idea of games like TDU and Forza Horizon, but they're absolutely useless and meaningless to me without top notch physics simulation. To be honest given the option to just drive around on well done mountain roads etc. in an open world with maybe even just 10-20 cars, with friends and just pick our own routes and see if you can keep up through a specific bit etc. vs. all racing cars on all racing track ever through history, I'd go for the open-world with a couple of cars.

Well, unless "all racing tracks" theoretically included "all rally stages" as well, then it'd be a tougher choice. =)

Id love if project cars had

Drag Racing
Drag bike racingI'd partially be interested in drag racing as well, but IMO to do drag racing really well there'd have to be a whole new sub-game included: Engine tweaking. So much of drag racing is based on not the driving, but setting up the car perfectly for the prevailing weather conditions, that I think any drag racing game that only featured the act of driving would be quarter-assed at best... =/

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
07-01-2016, 23:03
......seems like the isle of man with cars would be just a follow the car in front of you until you decide to kill him by trying to get by kind of raceOnly if you drive with the wrong kind of people. You can have very civilized, high pace and high action but no contact races even on narrow and twisty mountain roads (loved to do that in rFactor) if you're with people who play fair and avoid contact like they should (and would in real life). With randoms though it wouldn't really pan out.

RacingAtHome
08-01-2016, 00:10
No licensing issues.
That includes naked ladies. :P

havocc
08-01-2016, 01:01
Inb4 ovals

theothermexico
08-01-2016, 01:49
I've always wanted to see a fully fleshed out realistic dynamic damage model. And to compliment that, realistic pit stop lengths.

If I've broken a steering arm and peeled the guard the pit stop should be longer than 5 seconds. My mistakes (or bad luck) should disadvantage me properly.

As much as I love pcars, I hate that I can launch an open wheeler off the kerbs and have it land without any damage. Or with tin tops where I can have wheel to wheel contact with the entire field and end up with little to no steering damage.

Actually, should also add to that proper mechanical failures. I feel there's too many tunes getting around that should be causing engines to grenade in the longer or hotter races

Azure Flare
08-01-2016, 04:35
Large open-world combined with realistic physics. I love the basic idea of games like TDU and Forza Horizon, but they're absolutely useless and meaningless to me without top notch physics simulation.

This times all of my yes.

I wouldn't require knife-edge physics for something like this, but something like PCARS or AC physics in an open-world enviroment would suit me.

Mulder71
08-01-2016, 09:41
A race engineer that can do my setup..i hate doing setups and never understood why all racing games are made in a way that you need to do your setup to even beat the AI at hardest settings..

Tomcul
08-01-2016, 10:02
Somebody waving a chequered flag at the end of the race..

Diamond_Eyes
08-01-2016, 10:03
A race engineer that can do my setup..i hate doing setups and never understood why all racing games are made in a way that you need to do your setup to even beat the AI at hardest settings..

Or at least help you with your setup and point you in right direction. As I've said before sims could be a lot more educational. For example race engineer can provide general advice with being too specific... "Try stiffening your suspension to improve your laptime", "your gearing is too long for this circuit", "Try moving the brake bias more towards the front" etc etc

My wish is Ghost Mode racing as an available option so that collisions, poor driving etiquette, mistakes that take another driver out just won't matter.....

Djuvinile
08-01-2016, 11:30
A lot of things allready said.
for me it would be atmosphere as well. but creating digital atmosphere has always been a problem. (fifa cant create a real stadiums atmosphere as F1 cant do it with racetracks) people who went to F1 races or visit soccermatches regularly know what im talking about.
nice things for pcars2 that would improve this for me would be: Animated Pitcrew, animated marshalls, animated flags (or lights as in F1), a guy with a checkered flag, a real podium ceremony, a safety car, multiclass series.. oh and tracks that dont dry in a minute after rain stopped.

for online next to custom championships i would like a sort of carrousel system like in GT. (fixed car classes or types, fixed setups, max 5 laps changing classes and tracks every race)

Invincible
08-01-2016, 11:59
The ability to add your own car / motorcycle to a racing game. Drive it into a special garage, have it laserscanned and it will magically appear in your game - with every scratch and dent and the correct performance it has IRL too.

But that's daydreaming :p