PDA

View Full Version : Problems Since Patch

Durand1981
29-05-2015, 08:59
This is in MP online hosted lobbies, that i have noticed these problems, the reason its such a biggie...
Because i cant get down a decent lap time for qualy positions, and or keep my car on track as would be expected with little to no grip.

While i understand these are the touring cars, merc 190 etc ford sierra and the like it is infact all across the board, as far as i could tell (with other classes).
Admittedly i haven't played it for a little while but yesterday after the patch i noticed first off, that my tyres are NOT warming up like they were before in warm up & qualifying sessions.
The car just slides lituraly the only way i can warm up the tyres is by spinning my car doing 360's and burn outs, and that only turns the rear wheels green in order to get the fronts green i have to be so aggresive i lituraly have to hit the higher rumble strip curbs force the car into a jump and make it slide to get them to motivate enough friction to change color simpley ranting the car around the track does nothing, yet as soon as we are in the actual race the car shows green on all 4 tyres and it still slides/spins.

Also after the patch the changes were made to steering and calibrations on my Thrustmaster TX.
Where by i had it set the way i liked which still gave problems with massive understeer on some cars, which was a bug glitch issue on say the Renault Clio Cup car where i would turn over 90 degrees before it would register i was moving the wheel. Pretty sure thats not right for any car.

Note its not my dead zone etc, as i said i have moved them for optimum effects and had to re do this after patch because my previous save was over written.

There are also times now where by my wheel has not got ANY steering at all, but gas and brake peddles still function on my Thrustmaster TX upon exiting pits for warm ups and qually most noticably.

Now i dont know about any one else but between that and waiting to get in a lobby fullstop, be it stuck at the waiting for lobby screen, or in a lobby that wont show the cars in use almost like its froze but the functions still function in terms of exiting lobby or voting to start etc this has suddenly turned unplayable for me.

So my question is are these issue's known and can we expect a fix ?
If not i suppose its back to forza which is also a big dissapointment but at least you can get a race, and PLEASE dont think this is a random childish rant.
Fact remains before the patch i never experienced half of these issue's, before that while it did have issue's i was loving it, granted controller players needed a fix.
But it appears you have broken it for wheel users some how, and im pretty sure its not just little old me that has these issue's.

BDR Daz
29-05-2015, 09:08
Try re-installing the game, see if that helps ...

Durand1981
29-05-2015, 10:11
Try re-installing the game, see if that helps ...

I will indeed give it ago when i can be arsed to waist time doing so, but for now ill go play DS2.

While i realize its on me to some degree to make sure i do the best i can to make sure it is not my end, there really SHOULD NOT be such problems. And it matters to me not, what others think just as im sure "Ian Bell" could care less what a lot of others think (in regard to there moaning).
Since the simple truth is, i know a LOT of hard work has indeed gone into this game, and people do over look that, and i understand that like now since shoe is on the other foot (being unplayable) quite right you would bitch about it.
But im pretty sure a simple re-install wont fix these issue's as they will change color, but not with out serious abuse of the tyres.
So are the above problems under review, and can we expect a FIX, thats all im asking ?

Durand1981
29-05-2015, 10:48
Bumping Topic - In a hope to establish a responce from sombody in the know as to what i can expect in regard to patches no patches etc, could it genuinely be a re install thats needed allthough i highly doubt that is the case.

Sankyo
29-05-2015, 10:51
Re-install should not be required but make sure that your game is patched (should be 18.7 GB). Resetting and reconfiguring your controller settings would be a good idea, though.

Durand1981
29-05-2015, 10:56
Re-install should not be required but make sure that your game is patched (should be 18.7 GB). Resetting and reconfiguring your controller settings would be a good idea, though.

The patch is indeed installed as it came up on opening the game yesterday, i let it download and then opened the game. Infact i quit and restarted the game several times (also to note crashes from in game were an issue too).
During races where by i would have gained pole position after abusing tyres to heat them up, finaly gaining some grip. also noticed this would take a fair bit of time to do, and some lobbies where the time was to little to get the tyres heated i didnt even get a lap time as i couldnt finish with out sliding off before time ran out.

I should also note i did indeed recalibrate etc i figured that out teh hard way after trying to enter MP and race and my car wouldnt turn cause it had a 15 DZ, i was left for a few minutes thinking WTF lol i did get slightly angry but thats dealt with teh more serious issue is not being able to compete due to handling issue's and trye heating issue's.

nissan4ever
29-05-2015, 13:05
This is in MP online hosted lobbies, that i have noticed these problems, the reason its such a biggie...
Because i cant get down a decent lap time for qualy positions, and or keep my car on track as would be expected with little to no grip.

While i understand these are the touring cars, merc 190 etc ford sierra and the like it is infact all across the board, as far as i could tell (with other classes).
Admittedly i haven't played it for a little while but yesterday after the patch i noticed first off, that my tyres are NOT warming up like they were before in warm up & qualifying sessions.
The car just slides lituraly the only way i can warm up the tyres is by spinning my car doing 360's and burn outs, and that only turns the rear wheels green in order to get the fronts green i have to be so aggresive i lituraly have to hit the higher rumble strip curbs force the car into a jump and make it slide to get them to motivate enough friction to change color simpley ranting the car around the track does nothing, yet as soon as we are in the actual race the car shows green on all 4 tyres and it still slides/spins.

Also after the patch the changes were made to steering and calibrations on my Thrustmaster TX.
Where by i had it set the way i liked which still gave problems with massive understeer on some cars, which was a bug glitch issue on say the Renault Clio Cup car where i would turn over 90 degrees before it would register i was moving the wheel. Pretty sure thats not right for any car.

Note its not my dead zone etc, as i said i have moved them for optimum effects and had to re do this after patch because my previous save was over written.

There are also times now where by my wheel has not got ANY steering at all, but gas and brake peddles still function on my Thrustmaster TX upon exiting pits for warm ups and qually most noticably.

Now i dont know about any one else but between that and waiting to get in a lobby fullstop, be it stuck at the waiting for lobby screen, or in a lobby that wont show the cars in use almost like its froze but the functions still function in terms of exiting lobby or voting to start etc this has suddenly turned unplayable for me.

So my question is are these issue's known and can we expect a fix ?
If not i suppose its back to forza which is also a big dissapointment but at least you can get a race, and PLEASE dont think this is a random childish rant.
Fact remains before the patch i never experienced half of these issue's, before that while it did have issue's i was loving it, granted controller players needed a fix.
But it appears you have broken it for wheel users some how, and im pretty sure its not just little old me that has these issue's.

Interesting. I haven't experienced this with my TX. I had to go fix my deadzones & recalibrated wheel in game. Other than that, no issues. I actually had to dial back my Master Scale and SOP Scale by 10, lol.

As far as heating tires goes, I've noticed no change. Depends on the car you in if they are pre heated higher. Example, Formula Rookie are blue when you start. I run 1.5 laps in practice or qualify & they will be getting up to temp at Oulton Park Island. The GT3 Cars in practice & qualify start at a higher temp, already green, but definitely not near optimal temp.

I'm not sure if you know this, but every time you plug up, cut in the TX, you need to calibrate the pedals. Mash each one fully, independently for 3 seconds each to calibrate them with the TX base.

Durand1981
29-05-2015, 13:19
Interesting. I haven't experienced this with my TX. I had to go fix my deadzones & recalibrated wheel in game. Other than that, no issues. I actually had to dial back my Master Scale and SOP Scale by 10, lol.

As far as heating tires goes, I've noticed no change. Depends on the car you in if they are pre heated higher. Example, Formula Rookie are blue when you start. I run 1.5 laps in practice or qualify & they will be getting up to temp at Oulton Park Island. The GT3 Cars in practice & qualify start at a higher temp, already green, but definitely not near optimal temp.

I'm not sure if you know this, but every time you plug up, cut in the TX, you need to calibrate the pedals. Mash each one fully, independently for 3 seconds each to calibrate them with the TX base.

I had recalibrated but it didnt seem to make an atom of difference to be fair, but i will indeed try again.

nachocrusher
29-05-2015, 13:42
Since the patch ,I can't run the gokarts without the game freezing up to were I have to hard reset the console.
Also I have did many adjustments to my tx wheel but can't get it to feel as great as previously before patch.

Durand1981
29-05-2015, 15:32
Since the patch ,I can't run the gokarts without the game freezing up to were I have to hard reset the console.
Also I have did many adjustments to my tx wheel but can't get it to feel as great as previously before patch.

Yep i know the feeling to be fair i said haf of this never occured before the patch, but if memory serves this was an issue before the patch also.

Durand1981
29-05-2015, 15:59
When i get back from shops i will try to jump in a lobby and record using twitch so i can upload to youtube so you can see what im talking about, i will also narate as i go along pointing out issue's as i go should i be able to recreate the scenario i had last night.
Who knows tomorrow is a new day maybe it was down to the fact i never hard reset after the patch was downloaded, although i dont see that as being the case.

But we shall see soon enough i guess.

Durand1981
29-05-2015, 20:04
First off an issue with no FFB, secondly sorry my narating skills were put on back burner due to the game volume being to loud, and then the tyre temp proof was covered by my meat head on camera.
Hopefully you can see for yourself and if you listen from about 13 minutes 17 seconds i have a few words to say that may help explain things that were going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re1uX-cOB1g

titanic tony
29-05-2015, 20:17
I reinstalled mine I have better frame rate and better sounds

Durand1981
29-05-2015, 21:16
I reinstalled mine I have better frame rate and better sounds

Unfortunately im on xbox one for starters, and i wish i turned off the damn connect so you could see the tyres.

But i didnt think it would cover the icons so i messed that up.

Regardless its an issue and apparently we have half a game missing, in terms of pre built multi player lobbies. PS4 has them PC has them so why dont we on XBOX One ?