PDA

View Full Version : Collsion parts not installed after pitstop

Michael Moe
29-05-2015, 10:12
Hi,

In Practice session i do not get new parts installed even if there is "YES" to all parts in the option menu during a pitstop

Is this normal ?

SLS AMG GT3

PC Version

Thanks

Michael Moe

Blackvault
29-05-2015, 10:24
Can you detail what parts are being replaced?

And is it track specific?

Pete

Michael Moe
29-05-2015, 11:10
Can you detail what parts are being replaced?

And is it track specific?

Pete

Well yesterday it was my front from SLS AMG GT3 during night. I destroyed the front so there was no lights so a new front would have been in place during my pitstop.
Track was SPA and everything set to "YES"

Also LMP1 Audi on DU MANS 24H both front and back was gone and no new replacement during pitstop

Thanks
Michael Moe

Blackvault
29-05-2015, 12:22
Don't see anything in the thrown issues threads.

Has anyone else seen this happen? With different and the same combos as Michael Moe as mentioned?

Pete

mcarver2000
29-05-2015, 12:35
Is this just a "graphics" issue like it is when one loses a wheel on an open-wheeler. But from that point on until the session is restarted, the graphics of a new wheel is never shown. The car drives as if there is a wheel/tire, but the graphics show it missing.

Michael Moe
29-05-2015, 16:14
Could be because i did a replay and all the sudden the car had no damage . Only in real time the front was not showing.

Michael Moe

Elmo
29-05-2015, 16:20
Yes, I can confirm this bug and add it to the list.

Anybody seen this problem too outside of the PC version?

Grom3r1979
28-06-2015, 22:39

When will this be fixed ? It s seems to happen all open wheel cars too

wicken
28-06-2015, 23:06

Yes, this also happens on the PS4 version.
When I played the 24H LeMans for the first time I crashed and lost my headlights, I went to the pits and after selecting every option to be repaired, it did nothing to my headlights. Basically any visual detail lost during the race from the car won't be repaired, result = forced to race with damage off to be able to race at night.

hkraft300
30-06-2015, 11:16
Ye PS4 I freaked out when I first lost a wheel in F1, jumped to pits about 5 times thinking my pit crew are lazy. Still drives as if the wheel is on.
Lost a wheel 2 days ago during online race at Spa at the back straight, went to pits and the wheel was put back on. I think it's only during practice/ quali only that the wheel doesn't "appear"

flymar
30-06-2015, 11:20
Could be because i did a replay and all the sudden the car had no damage . Only in real time the front was not showing.
Michael Moe
In replay lost panels will reappear after 1 minute.
Are you sure the panels weren't replaced or maybe only lights?

Jescott71
30-06-2015, 13:33
Yes, this also happens on the PS4 version.
When I played the 24H LeMans for the first time I crashed and lost my headlights, I went to the pits and after selecting every option to be repaired, it did nothing to my headlights. Basically any visual detail lost during the race from the car won't be repaired, result = forced to race with damage off to be able to race at night.

Had the same thing, also on PS4, with the RWD LMP1 car at Watkins Glen in career mode. Lost one of the front lights, the Engineer even said he was "working up a replacement", but after the pitstop the light was still missing, with all repair options set to yes

BCFCBristolRed
30-06-2015, 16:27
Had this today. Xbox one. Audi R18 TDi on Le Mans 24 hr whilst doing WEC. Got shunted from behind, went head on into a barrier, lost my front end, including lights. The pit engineer told me I'd lost my front lights and he'd radio when they were ready, a couple of laps later, starting to get dark he still hadn't said a thing so I called in an unscheduled stop, made sure everything was set to repair, nothing got repaired. Infuriating as I'd been racing for a few hours and knew that retiring would be bad as Le Mans is double points in WEC. Massive headache, turned it off. Looks like I'm gonna have to turn damage off to redo it. :(

hkraft300
30-06-2015, 19:43
I've lost a wheel in practice/quali in FA cars and it wasn't visible til the next session.
I lost a wheel in the back straight at Spa during a race but I got the wheel back when I limped back to the pits.
PS4
First time it happened to me at Monaco I went to pits, then took off to see no wheel so I did it again 5 times and thought ahh pit crew suck.. Then I drove it and realised its just a magic invisible wheel lol

jsykes
01-07-2015, 13:32
Yes, had this happen multiple times on XB1 on both prototype and GT cars. I started a thread about it some time ago and didnt get much response. You have to abandon the race when you cant see at night and cant get it fixed. A real bummer when you've put hours into an endurance to have this happen.

Lawndarts
01-07-2015, 15:11
Sounds like the damage system doesn't actually remove parts, just makes them invisible and draws a new object sharing the same mesh data. But the problem is, when "repaired" the mesh data isn't reapplied prior to the object being deleted from the world or it just stays with the old object, if not deleted.

So since the mesh data is likely shared, when the new part is applied to the car in the pits, the mesh still remains with the original object and never renders back on the car. Lights and any other aesthetic details are all mesh data.

This really shouldn't be hard to fix, technicly just reapply the original object back in the pits (warp it) and replace the damage texture. Gamers are very used to "derbies" disappearing from scenes (like corpses etc.) so no real need to worry about the damaged object staying out on the track.